Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, for the DPPt Battle Tower/Frontier, you don't have to be at L50 - higher levelled Pokemon will be levelled down. This makes things like Tyranitar legal.
That's not quite what I meant--If you want to EV train your Suicune best so that you can use her in the Battle Tower, you have to perfect her EVs before Level 50; All Pokemon that are leveled down just take the stats they had at level 50.

(Actually, I'm only 97% sure about this...)

That's not quite what I meant--If you want to EV train your Suicune best so that you can use her in the Battle Tower, you have to perfect her EVs before Level 50; All Pokemon that are leveled down just take the stats they had at level 50.

(Actually, I'm only 97% sure about this...)
I would seriously doubt that. Remember, that's just a simple math formula to get a Pokemon's stats at any level for any IV and EV and Nature.

HP
((2*BaseHP)+(EV/4)+IV)*(Level/100)+Level+10

Other Stats

(((2*BaseStat)+(EV/4)+IV)*(Level/100)+5) * Nature

In other words, the only thing that the Battle Tower is changing, is the "Level" variable in the calculations. So when you enter a Pokemon in the Battle Tower, the formula it uses is...

HP
(BaseHP)+(EV/8)+(IV/2)+60

Other Stats

( (BaseStat)+(EV/8)+(IV/2)+5 ) * Nature

I would seriously doubt that. Remember, that's just a simple math formula to get a Pokemon's stats at any level for any IV and EV and Nature.

HP
((2*BaseHP)+(EV/4)+IV)*(Level/100)+Level+10

Other Stats
(((2*BaseStat)+(EV/4)+IV)*(Level/100)+5) * Nature

In other words, the only thing that the Battle Tower is changing, is the "Level" variable in the calculations. So when you enter a Pokemon in the Battle Tower, the formula it uses is...

HP
(BaseHP)+(EV/8)+(IV/2)+60

Other Stats
Ah, okay. So that means my Cresselia and Heatran can still be used very well in the Battle Tower, considering that I EV train them?

Also, a question about the colour of Trainer cards: Getting 100 wins in the Battle Tower is supposedly the final level of your Trainer card, but do I have to complete all the levels before that to get a black trainer card? (Such as finishing the flag challenge underground and catching all Pokemon).

I suppose it would be worth bearing in mind that it takes 8 EVs to get 1 stat point at level 50. That means EV spreads would ideally by changed slightly. But one point doesn't make much difference in any stat other than speed.

I suppose it would be worth bearing in mind that it takes 8 EVs to get 1 stat point at level 50. That means EV spreads would ideally by changed slightly. But one point doesn't make much difference in any stat other than speed.
That's not true at all, you need to check the mechanics of stats, it's not just half of level 100. Besides the frontier isn't limited to 50, it will auto bring levels down anyway. So any pokemon over level 50 can be used.
I disagree.

Level 100

(((2*BaseStat)+(EV/4)+IV)+5) * Nature

Level 50

The math disagrees too.

Also, a question about the colour of Trainer cards: Getting 100 wins in the Battle Tower is supposedly the final level of your Trainer card, but do I have to complete all the levels before that to get a black trainer card? (Such as finishing the flag challenge underground and catching all Pokemon).
Doesn't matter which order you do them in.

Consider it to be a checklist. Each time you add a check to the checklist, you get a new rank of card. Battle Tower is typically called the final level of Trainer Card, because it is by far the hardest check to put on the checklist.

I never said the stats at level 50 are half those at level 100. I know they're not.

But see these formulae

HP = (BaseHP)+(EV/8)+(IV/2)+60
Stat = ( (BaseStat)+(EV/8)+(IV/2)+5 ) * Nature

Since stat calculations are floored, not rounded, it generally requires 8 more EVs to gain one more point in a stat that is neutrally affected by the nature.

Admiteddly there is an exception - if the IV is odd, then four EVs gains the first stat increase.

Thus, for Pokemon that will be used at level 50 (whether they are naturally that level or are auto-levelled to it):

If the IV is EVEN, and the stat is not affected by the nature, the EVs in that stat should be a multiple of 8.
If the IV is ODD, and the stat is not affected by the nature, the EVs in that stat should be 4 more than a multiple of 8.
If the stat is affected by the nature, it's more complicated, and you should probably do the specific calculations for the Base Stat, IV, and EVs in question.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry that wasn't what I meant, for example:
Darkrai + Mewtwo vs Golduck + Honchkrow (Super Luck)

Golduck uses Magic Coat
Darkrai uses Dark Void
Magic Coat rebounds Dark Void and Darkrai sleeps, Golduck is protected.

Is Honchkrow also protected from sleep?
This was somewhat passed over D:

Infernape learns FO as an egg move, but does a parent have to have that move?
For it to be passed down and the Chimchar to have it, yes, the male parent has to have it (male passes down egg moves; female decides species) as that's what egg moves are--moves that are passed down from the parent to the egg.

I'm too lazy to check if this question has been asked yet.

What does VGC stand for? I hear it around the forums, and I'm a total noob. x)

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I checked the Torment and Outrage page and couldn't find the answer so I'm asking here.

If you torment an Outrage opponent will he struggle, be able to switch moves, or what?

When I get a pokemon in a trade what should it say? Like if I get a level 100 pokemon through gts should it say "Arrived at level 100 GTS?"

I'm too lazy to check if this question has been asked yet.

What does VGC stand for? I hear it around the forums, and I'm a total noob. x)
Videogamechampionship i guess.

Here comes my question: If you are asleep, how high is your chance to wake up, and is the chance two wake up always the same, or for example in the first turn 33% and in the other turns 25%?

Videogamechampionship i guess.

Here comes my question: If you are asleep, how high is your chance to wake up, and is the chance two wake up always the same, or for example in the first turn 33% and in the other turns 25%?
When you are put to sleep, the number of turns you will sleep for is randomly chosen. I think it's from 1 to 7, and the distribution may not be uniform. I don't know if it's reset by switching.

This contrasts to freeze. A frozen Pokemon has a 10% chance to thaw on every turn. This means that a Pokemon can be frozen and immediately thaw.

It should say the original catch location. AKA where the person you traded with for it caught it.
If a Pokemon was found in a location unknown to the game you're in, it will say 'Faraway Place'. This applies to a few Platinum-exclusive locations if traded to Diamond or Pearl, and any Pokemon from Heart Gold/Soul Silver traded to DPPt.

When you are put to sleep, the number of turns you will sleep for is randomly chosen. I think it's from 1 to 7, and the distribution may not be uniform. I don't know if it's reset by switching.

This contrasts to freeze. A frozen Pokemon has a 10% chance to thaw on every turn. This means that a Pokemon can be frozen and immediately thaw.

If a Pokemon was found in a location unknown to the game you're in, it will say 'Faraway Place'. This applies to a few Platinum-exclusive locations if traded to Diamond or Pearl, and any Pokemon from Heart Gold/Soul Silver traded to DPPt.
Actually when you're put to sleep, you get a sleep counter of 1-4 turns
and you have a 20% chance each turn to thaw from Freeze

Is Squirtle supposed to be able to learn Curse in Heart Gold/Soul Silver? There's a trainer in Union Cave that uses a Curse Squirtle.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Is Squirtle supposed to be able to learn Curse in Heart Gold/Soul Silver? There's a trainer in Union Cave that uses a Curse Squirtle.
Only in the GSC era was Squirtle able to learn Curse. TM03 to be more specific. Every generation thereafter, for some odd reason, the ability to learn Curse was nullified.

NPCs are notorious for their illegal movesets, so don't take anything you see in-game seriously. Lance had a Dragonite with Barrier in RBY for example, a move that Dragonite has NEVER been able to learn.

Question for any spriters out there, how do I make a sprites background clear in MSpaint?

"...so there's no way to use SID or an AR or anything to determine legitimacy, or at least help it? Sorry for the peskiness, I'm just interested in keeping things legit if possible team-wise."

My question got buried. Thanks to anyone with a reply.

Question for any spriters out there, how do I make a sprites background clear in MSpaint?
You don't. MSpaint isn't very good for spriting anyways, you should try paint.NET. It can make things transparent, and is much better for spriting then MSpaint will ever be.

Edit: Some questions for my new team:

Is it worth it to outspeed +1 positive natured base 100's with agiligross?

and

I plan on using a baton pas Celebi with this moveset:

~Baton Pass
~Swords Dance
~Grass Knot
~Thunder Wave or Recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)