Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the difference between RNG advancing and frames when RNGing to get the seed you want? Whenever I see a spread/seed it only shows the frames you need but in the guide it said something about RNG advancing and I didn't understand it at all.

whats the difference between RNG advancing and frames when RNGing to get the seed you want? Whenever I see a spread/seed it only shows the frames you need but in the guide it said something about RNG advancing and I didn't understand it at all.
'advancing' refers to advancing the frame. In DPPt, the frame starts at 1 (or is it 0? something low anyway) and advances when you take certain actions. In Emerald, the frame advances headlong, about 60 times a second.

EDIT: There's a thread in the Wi-Fi forum specifically for questions about RNG manipulation.

In game, how do you get a Hippowdon with both Stockpile and Slack Off? There's a Smogon set for it, but it can only breed with Mawile or Arbok for Stockpile, and neither can Slack Off, I think.

...so there's no way to use SID or an AR or anything to determine legitimacy, or at least help it? Sorry for the peskiness, I'm just interested in keeping things legit if possible team-wise.

If you're using Hail, then Ice Body I think. Otherwise, thick fat.

What does Secret Power do on Shoddy, and on WiFi? Is it 30% paralysis chance? I'm wondering about using it on Dual Screens Cresselia, for a chance at paralysis without being shut down by taunt.

If you're using Hail, then Ice Body I think. Otherwise, thick fat.

What does Secret Power do on Shoddy, and on WiFi? Is it 30% paralysis chance? I'm wondering about using it on Dual Screens Cresselia, for a chance at paralysis without being shut down by taunt.
Yes, Secret Power's Wifi/Shoddy secondary effect is paralysis.

Im new to competitve play, will someone help me out? XD >.< Like go in the wi-fi club and check my Pokemon team maybe battle and see what i need help with. I wanna know more about the meta, and make some friends: I would really be grateful. (Sorry if this is the wrong thread).

I'm pretty experienced...need to know anything particular?

Also, if you could post your team here...it'd be much more convenient.

Question: AI move choices?

Say an enemy Infernape has Blast Burn, Sunny Day, Close Combat and Solarbeam. Under what circumstances would it use Close Combat when it is not very effective? Blast Burn and Solarbeam would fo neutral damage. (assuming my pokémon doesn't have like 10hp or so left, I know they sometimes switch moves then)

Cheers!

Sure. Give me a second, as I need to get my DS.

Also, could you send me a PM to carry this talk on? It'll end up spamming the thread.
:pimp:

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Im new to competitve play, will someone help me out? XD >.< Like go in the wi-fi club and check my Pokemon team maybe battle and see what i need help with. I wanna know more about the meta, and make some friends: I would really be grateful. (Sorry if this is the wrong thread).
Post your team in the RMT section of the forums. It has to be a team for competitive play, though.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry that wasn't what I meant, for example:
Darkrai + Mewtwo vs Golduck + Honchkrow (Super Luck)

Golduck uses Magic Coat
Darkrai uses Dark Void
Magic Coat rebounds Dark Void and Darkrai sleeps, Golduck is protected.

Is Honchkrow also protected from sleep?

Hi, on Smogon's Strategy Dex, it suggests Rotom-h with Shadow Ball, "if only to take out Cresselia". It also suggests HP Fighting as an alternative. Would it be wiser to use HP Fighting, seeing as how Cresselia is one of the least used OUs now?

RNG Reporter and Shoddy

I decided to install Shoddy and RNG reporter to a different computer since I moved. Neither program runs; they both tell me they need "the correct program" to run them. I've never had any problems with Java before (they are both Java programs right?), is there anything I'm missing so these will run properly?

Thanks in advance,
-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)