Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an example:If I have a Bulbasaur lv.1 and one at lv.99, if I ev them both in def and hp their stats will be the exact same at lv.100 if they have the same nature,evs, and ivs.There will be no difference.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A good while back (a few months) smogon had a moveset for Abomasnow, I'm prety sure it was called mixed attacker with a sassy nature, along with these evs:

252 HP | 84 Atk | 96 SpD | 76 Spe

Does anybody have any idea what these evs accomplish or what they were ? I can't find an explaination anywhere. I remember the set was Protect, Leech Seed, Blizzard and Wood Hammer.

What exactly are the rules for UU? I know that for each tier, all lower tier pokemon are allowed. (that means all pokemon are allowed in Uber, except Arceus) How many "BorderLine" pokemon are allowed in standard UU? I think that that's the only reason that "BL" would exist, otherwise they'd be considered "OU."

No Bl pokes are allowed in UU,IIRC.BL is for Mons that are to strong for UU,but aren't used enough to be considred OU.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
A good while back (a few months) smogon had a moveset for Abomasnow, I'm prety sure it was called mixed attacker with a sassy nature, along with these evs:

252 HP | 84 Atk | 96 SpD | 76 Spe

Does anybody have any idea what these evs accomplish or what they were ? I can't find an explaination anywhere. I remember the set was Protect, Leech Seed, Blizzard and Wood Hammer.
It was actually 252 HP / 20 SpA / 160 SpD / 76 Spe, but w/e.

For slightly sturdier set up, try a Sassy nature with 252 HP / 20 SpA / 160 SpD / 76 Spe. The HP and Special Defense help take Ice Beams from Water types, especially boosted ones from Suicune, Slowbro and Slowking. The small investment in Special Attack ensures Blizzard will 2HKO Skarmory and Weezing and the Speed helps him outrun Impish Swampert. This spread is recommended for the Mixed Attacker.
Although since Swampert run Relaxed now, there's no need for the Spe EVs.

What would be a good nature and spread for a Trick Room Dialga?
~Thank you for your time.
Probably Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)

for future reference

Hi Everyone,

Im new here, and thought i would start by posting here first. I am just starting to get into learning how to play pokemon competetively, and i wanted to make sure i new everything before jumping straight in. Now im currently teaching myself how to EV train/breed for strong pokemon etc. Now, i have an action replay, and i have used it to gain arceus etc, after completing the story to gain all pokemon, my question is. When EV training, assuming the people im playing dont mind (friends) does it have any impact training an arceus from lvl 1? Will it be any stronger at lvl 100 if i raised it up from there? or does it not affect it. Same goes for any other legendaries.. I suppose my question is, would a pokemon that you cant breed be stronger from lvl 1 trained to lvl 100, or not, and only EV's matter?

Ps. I can only imagine some people may not want to help for fear i may go online with them (if they would be overpowered this way?). I can assure you until ive learnt everything i wont be going online with my hacks, and am quite happy to provide my pokemon file name thing so people can black list me?
an arceus with the same ivs (individual values) and evs and nature will have the same stats no matter what level they are trained from.

I would go with max HP and special attack

where some threads undeleted, because my post count just shot up?

If you're playing standard OU, the following major changes have occurred.

-Trick, although toned down, is now available on a lot more Ghost and Psychic types. This accounts for the sudden influx of Pokemon such as Jirachi.

-Latias is now considered OU. Latios is either still testing or deemed to be too powerful (I don't really know about that), but Latias gets Trick, Recover, as well as a multitude of special attacks, so watch out for that.

-Rotom has 5 new formes, each with its own unique attack (the most popular being Rotom-Heat with Overheat). It also gets Trick, Will-o-Wisp, Thunderwave...you know, all the ghost standards. It is now the preferred spin blocker.

-Check some of the Smog articles from Smogon's web-zine:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue4/fallen_stars
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue3/dp_disappointments

These two chronicle the once-popular Pokemon of the era you last played in.

-Scizor, most importantly, singlehandedly claimed the #1 usage statistic just because it got Bullet Punch in Platinum. It singlehandedly forced Heracross and most bug-weak tanks out of popularity, and basically forced everyone to have at least one fire-type move on their team.
thanks ;)

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
If you're playing standard OU, the following major changes have occurred.

-Trick, although toned down, is now available on a lot more Ghost and Psychic types. This accounts for the sudden influx of Pokemon such as Jirachi.

-Latias is now considered OU. Latios is either still testing or deemed to be too powerful (I don't really know about that), but Latias gets Trick, Recover, as well as a multitude of special attacks, so watch out for that.

-Rotom has 5 new formes, each with its own unique attack (the most popular being Rotom-Heat with Overheat). It also gets Trick, Will-o-Wisp, Thunderwave...you know, all the ghost standards. It is now the preferred spin blocker.

-Check some of the Smog articles from Smogon's web-zine:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue4/fallen_stars
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue3/dp_disappointments

These two chronicle the once-popular Pokemon of the era you last played in.

-Scizor, most importantly, singlehandedly claimed the #1 usage statistic just because it got Bullet Punch in Platinum. It singlehandedly forced Heracross and most bug-weak tanks out of popularity, and basically forced everyone to have at least one fire-type move on their team.
Latios is no longer being considered for OU. Therefore, testing with Latios has ended. Just wanted to clarify.

I have two questions:

#1 What's the best way to get rid of the Rotom forms?
My team is often very Rotom-weak and somehow I can't do nothing against them. There are like 20 moves you can expect from Rotom and it really annoys me. Note: I don't want only to switch in savely in Rotom, I want to trap/lure it and kill it. Tried Tyranitar and they always survive the Pursuit, because of WoW/Reflect. Lum Berry / Specs Tyranitar are somehow out of place in my opinion. Also, I don't want to risk my Scizor to die to Overheat.

#2 What's the big deal with SD-Scizor?
I can't understand why it's so popular. It can't sweep because of bad speed, BP is too weak to sweep and there are way too much Pokémon in OU that resists BP. Have I missed something? In my opinion Scizor is a support Pokémon, that is excellent at revenge killing, scouting, trapping and killing random switch-ins. Although it's easy to get a SD with Scizor.

-Thank you

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
#1 What's the best way to get rid of the Rotom forms?
My team is often very Rotom-weak and somehow I can't do nothing against them. There are like 20 moves you can expect from Rotom and it really annoys me. Note: I don't want only to switch in savely in Rotom, I want to trap/lure it and kill it. Tried Tyranitar and they always survive the Pursuit, because of WoW/Reflect. Lum Berry / Specs Tyranitar are somehow out of place in my opinion. Also, I don't want to risk my Scizor to die to Overheat.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rotom-h
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rotom-f
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rotom-c
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rotom-w

Try reading the Counters section of those articles.

I can't understand why it's so popular. It can't sweep because of bad speed, BP is too weak to sweep and there are way too much Pokémon in OU that resists BP. Have I missed something? In my opinion Scizor is a support Pokémon, that is excellent at revenge killing, scouting, trapping and killing random switch-ins. Although it's easy to get a SD with Scizor.
There isn't a big deal about SD Scizor - he's quite unpopular. The set that rocketed Scizor to the lofty heights is the Choice Band set.

-Thank you
Technician. Those Bullet Punches are effectively 60 base power, and Scizor has pretty high attack. What I don't quite get is couldn't you counter Scizor with some manner of fire type? Resists both STABs and fire obliterates Scizor.

Then again, I'm pretty much talking about Scizor in general here.

I read it. As you can notice I wrote that I want something than can lure/trap and kill it - not Blissey/Snorlax
I don't want to use neither Lum-Tyrantiar nor Specs Tyranitar for not risking to get a WoW/ failing because of Screens.

Maybe you noticed it, but my description is based of the counter section. I want to lure Rotom safely and get rid of it for the entire game.

There isn't a big deal about SD Scizor - he's quite unpopular. The set that rocketed Scizor to the lofty heights is the Choice Band set.
In Oct 2009 36,4% of all Scizors used SD. That's not unpopular.

Thank you

I read it. As you can notice I wrote that I want something than can lure/trap and kill it - not Blissey/Snorlax
I don't want to use neither Lum-Tyrantiar nor Specs Tyranitar for not risking to get a WoW/ failing because of Screens.

Maybe you noticed it, but my description is based of the counter section. I want to lure Rotom safely and get rid of it for the entire game.

In Oct 2009 36,4% of all Scizors used SD. That's not unpopular.

Thank you

Okay, so what you want is a pokemon that is usually very weak to Rotom. But instead, you use a "Counter" set that is meant to destroy the Rotom forms. I'm not sure about which pokemon you should use for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)