Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Gravity-esque question.

Lets assume that my opponent has set up X layers of Spikes/Toxic Spikes and my Pokemon is Claydol/Bronzong/Solrock/Lunatone and it uses Gravity. Will I be hit by the Spikes the second I hit the ground? Or will they only take affect if I switch them in after Gravity has taken affect already.

When will the event for the rotom key be announced?
It already happened, earlier this year.

You can change Rotom Formes in Heart Gold/Soul Silver without needing any item or event - but you'll have to trade a Rotom in because it can't be caught in HGSS.

Does anyone think that Bold may be a better nature than Modest for the Fist Plate Countering Utility Arceus (the TRU one)? Due to the EV limitations, a Bold nature is the only way that he can be guaranteed to survive a +1 Life Orb Outrage from Rayquaza, and it still allows him to OHKO back with Ice Beam, as well as OHKO Darkrai with Judgment.

How do you handle Toxic/Roost/Taunt/EQ gliscor when running stall?

Toxi-stall is always an option when it comes to stalling a pokemon out as the poison damage would eventually rack up to be so high that roost won't help all that much or will force the opponent to switch out giving you a free turn to set up for more stall tactics.

Which Froslass moveset is more viable in OU?

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Pain Split

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond

I've got 2 questions:
1. Can Horsea learn Outrage if I breed it with Dragonite? or it only learns by tutor?
2. Which is better on Kingdra SubDD? or RainDD?

1st question: Horsea only learns outrage via the platinum/heartgold/soulsilver move tutors.

2nd question: SubDD as RainDD is kind of conflicting with each other in that rain boosts its speed thanks to its ability swift swim and dragon dance does the same thing over time except with the attack boosts whereas substitute plus dragon dance allows kingdra to block status and damage to get dd's set up for a sweep.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I've got 2 questions:
1. Can Horsea learn Outrage if I breed it with Dragonite? or it only learns by tutor?
2. Which is better on Kingdra SubDD? or RainDD?
Answer to your question number 2: Having looked at Kingdra's Analysis ,the question YOU have to answer is if you have Rain Dance support from other teammates. Aside from the difference in Rain Dance vs. Substitute, the offensive moves are the same on both sets; Outrage and Waterfall. Although, the EV spreads are completely different, the fundamental purpose remains the same: set up Dragon Dances and sweep. The Substitute set is clearly more threatening, if you can answer "Yes" to the question I posed to you, since using Kingdra in tandem with Rain dance is really the only effective way to go.

Hope this helps!

Is there any possible way to get Darkrai/Shaymin in HGSS?

I want to re-start my Platinum, but I have my Darkrai/Shaymin on there, and I need them to complete the dex. So I can re-start if they're obtainable in HGSS.

Is there any possible way to get Darkrai/Shaymin in HGSS?

I want to re-start my Platinum, but I have my Darkrai/Shaymin on there, and I need them to complete the dex. So I can re-start if they're obtainable in HGSS.
Unfortunatly, you can't. If you know someone that you trust with the pokemon (or a second DS) then you could trade the pokemon to your HG/SS game then trade them back after you start your new file.

Hello, im new and skipped buying Platinum. Do you think in pokemon heartgold/Silver, that people will still be able to clone in the GTS? I really hate getting cloned pokemon:( lol.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
This isn't a Pokemon question, but i'm not sure where else to ask it:

What does "I could be banned" mean?
They got enough infractions so that if they get like 2 or 3 more points, they're banned until one of the infraction expires.

Hello, im new and skipped buying Platinum. Do you think in pokemon heartgold/Silver, that people will still be able to clone in the GTS? I really hate getting cloned pokemon:( lol.
Well you can't clone in Platinum, so I'd be surprised if you could in HGSS.

But to be honest, if you GTS for a Pokemon, you've no real way of knowing how that Pokemon came about. It could be legit, could be cloned, could be hacked. I don't know exactly how the GTS works but I've a feeling it might remove some of the evidence used to determine hacks.

In HeartGold/SoulSilver, where do you go to get fossils revitalized? I assumed Cinnabar Island, but that place sort of does not really exist other than a Pokecenter from what I remember. Is it Pewter City now?

Or some place else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)