Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 200 HP/232 Atk/32 Spd/44 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

I use that and its possibly the safest lead in this metagame, and one of the best as well. Azelf's Fire Blast isnt an OHKO which lets you beat them, and this thing only "loses" to Infernape and Heatran leads. Speed lets you beat other Gross leads.
I believe that Anti-Lead Weavile also "beats" this, at least if they predict correctly. They will KO you with Counter and have a quick Taunt to stop your rocks. That said, it's not a terribly popular lead (althought it sees more play in Suspect and may become more prevalent if Garchomp makes it back into OU).

Aerodactyl is also guaranteed to get up rocks and prevent yours, although you can kill it and switch back in to do rocks later.

Who's the "bulkiest"poke from both sides(not counting Ubers)?

My guess is Cresselia, Shuckle under Sandstorm or Regirock under sandstorm... or not?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I believe that Anti-Lead Weavile also "beats" this, at least if they predict correctly. They will KO you with Counter and have a quick Taunt to stop your rocks. That said, it's not a terribly popular lead (althought it sees more play in Suspect and may become more prevalent if Garchomp makes it back into OU).

Aerodactyl is also guaranteed to get up rocks and prevent yours, although you can kill it and switch back in to do rocks later.
Eh? Sure every lead can beat another lead with perfect prediction, how are you supposed to know what move im going to use? If I SR and you Counter I got my rocks, if you Taunt and I BP you lose your Weavile, Weavile doesnt have the upper hand, but Metagross.

And if Aero taunts me when I meteor mash / bullet punch he doesnt get rocks up. If he gets rocks up turn 1 then I will get mine too or 2HKO it and have a 100% Metagross.

My guess is Cresselia, Shuckle under Sandstorm or Regirock under sandstorm... or not?
In OU, I believe its Dusknoir, with 135/135 Defense/Special Defense. Cresselia and Bronzong come pretty close, though. The Rotom forms are quite bulky too.

In OU, I believe its Dusknoir, with 135/135 Defense/Special Defense. Cresselia and Bronzong come pretty close, though. The Rotom forms are quite bulky too.
No, Cresselia is much more bulky than Dusknoir thanks to its much higher HP stat. Its defenses may be slightly lower, but its high HP more than makes up for that.

Don't forget Cresselia also has a semi-reliable recovery move: Moonlight. Along with access to Light Screen and Reflect.
Yeah, but Dusknoir also has Painsplit and Will-o-wisp, making it a nice tank. Dusknoir is used more than Cresselia, though, and they're both at the bottom of the tier

If we go off of Tankiness from X-Act...

X-Act said:
The tankiness of a Pokemon is defined by:

Code:
Tankiness = HP x Def x SpD / (Def + SpD)
where HP, Def and SpD are the normalized base stats (not the actual base stats!) of HP, Defense and Special Defense respectively. Tankiness is directly proportional to the overall defenses of a Pokemon.
...we get:

Cresselia: 3472
Shuckle: 2852
Regirock: 2909
Dusknoir: 2237

Since I'm fairly certain we can simply multiply the normalized base stats for SpD for Shuckle and Regirock by 1.5 when they're in Sandstorm, we get:

Shuckle: 3422
Regirock: 3712

So the order for this list would go Regirock in Sandstorm, Cresselia, Shuckle in Sandstorm, Regirock, Shuckle, Dusknoir.

The heavy offense thread that was made a few months ago has been extremely helpful with helping me build offensive teams, but is there any thread that explains the basics / tactics of stall?

My simple question is this: are the new Rotom Formes allowed on Wi-Fi play? Because when I had a Rotom-H on my team ready to play someone on Wi-Fi, I got on Wi-Fi, and the battle started but my Rotom was just regular plain ol' Rotom forme now. I tried this twice, and it seems like we aren't allowed to use the new formes on Wi-Fi yet.

What I want to know is, am I right about this? And if they are not allowed on Wi-Fi, can I use it against a friend in the 3rd floor of the Pokemon Center? It's kind of crummy that you can't use their new formes on Wi-Fi. If this is true, does anyone know if we can use Shaymin-S or Giratina-O on Wi-Fi? Also, with that all in mind, does anyone know if Nintendo will release information when we are allowed to use the new formes on Wi-Fi? (I would believe it'd be around when HG/SS comes out in America, or when the English translated one's come out worldwide, but I could be wrong.)

Please elaborate on your simple answer to my questions. Thank you.

~ Aether Nexus

I asked this question in another thread but was advised to ask here instead:

Sorry, I'm unable to test this right now but I heard somewhere that aqua ring heals 1/8 instead of the 1/16 it normally does when rain is active. Is this true?

@Aether Nexus:
Rotom, Shaymin, and Giratina Formes are not allowed on Wi-Fi.
I'm pretty sure that they will never be allowed, since if you go to the Pokemon Center, try to connect to Wi-Fi, then refuse, Rotom/Giratina/Shaymin in your party still revert, indicating that it's programming in the game itself, and not Nintendo WFC, that's preventing them from being used. Since Nintendo can't patch games to fix this, they will likely never be allowed.

Note that Rotom/Giratina/Shaymin Formes are still usable in wireless play on the top floor of the Pokemon Center, and can even be used vs. Diamond/Pearl (they'll show up as their original Forme but still use the same base stats, etc. of their new Forme).

---
@Lampshayde:
No that is not true.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/aqua_ring

---
Also, a question of my own:

What factors are there in the game that will only work if your ID number is a certain number?

The only ones I know of are:
1. Platinum: Skull Fossils are only findable in the Underground if your ID# is even(?) and Armor Fossils are only findable if your ID# is odd(?). I may have even/odd switched on this.
2. Emerald: Different people appear in the Mauville City Pokemon Center and will do different things depending on your ID#. A girl east of Fortree City will give you a different berry depending on your ID#. This may apply to R/S too, I'm not sure.

What other factors are there?

Note that I'm not referring to things like the Lottery, shiny Pokemon, etc. since those can happen regardless of what your ID# is.
(If any factors like this exist for RBYGSC, I'd like to know also. However, I'm pretty sure there aren't any.)

Help me

a question....

I just got my TRU Arceus and it has 0 IVs in evry stat!

Is this supposed to happen or am I just really really unlucky

If I have a male ES dratini/dragonair/dragonite from HG/SS and I trade it over to DPPT, would I be able to breed dratinis with ES as an egg move?

Note that Rotom/Giratina/Shaymin Formes are still usable in wireless play on the top floor of the Pokemon Center, and can even be used vs. Diamond/Pearl (they'll show up as their original Forme but still use the same base stats, etc. of their new Forme).
Actually, the Rotom Formes aren't allowed on the 3rd floor of the Pokemon center either. To battle friend vs. friend or trade or w/e. I haven't tried it with the Giratina-O version, or any other formes, but I'll try it later when I have the chance/time.

As for Giratina-O, I believe that is allowed on Wi-Fi because I've skimmed through of those online GTS saved battle things in Jublife City, and I believe I saw Giratina-O in one of the teams. I'll look into that right now. Because if Platinum version is all about the new Giratina forme, then it'd be disappointing if you couldn't let the kids (or whoever spend the money on the game) who save up 35 bucks to finally buy and play the game and find out they can't use the new forme on Wi-Fi or any form of battling against a non-CPU player, then that would be really disappointing and a waste of time to even obtain the Griseious Orb. But again, I'll check this out.

What also sucks is that I believe you can't use Shaymin-S after the sun is down, as I remember my Shaymin-S reverting back to normal after the sun went down. I suppose it's due to the DS clock, so if you changed the hours of your DS and use the Gracidea flower on your Shaymin it should stay in it's form as long as your DS hours are during daylight hours. This is also why the Gracidea flower is in the Key Items section, rather like a item to attach onto a Pokemon, like the Griseous Orb on Giratina to make it stay like that until you remove said item).

But on most of what I said I wont be 100% until I test some stuff out, which I will do now and will edit my post later or w/e. Also, does anyone know if you can use their formes on PBR? I know I can't have Giratina-O on there because I had one in my 18th box in my PC and when I copied them over to my PBR it just showed it as a regular Giratina, so I'm sure it'll do that for the Rotom Formes and Shaymin-S, but again, I'll have to test those two formes in the morning when I can turn my Wii on.

~ Aether Nexus

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Where will I post some contributions?
Do I have to make a new thread or something?

Because I have a way of computing IVs of Pokemon even without IV Battles or using IV Calculators (probably useful in situations where you can't use your computer yet)...
Maybe just similar to the IV Calculators.
But I have a way though to determine if said Pokemon's IVs for a stat is 31 or not...
I just have to use my Mathematical experience.

Is Squirtle supposed to be able to learn Curse in Heart Gold/Soul Silver? There's a trainer in Union Cave that uses a Curse Squirtle.
This would probably be an unchanged move from the days of G/S/C where you could get a TM for Curse. So back then it wasn't illegal on Squirtle. Now it is.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Where will I post some contributions?
Do I have to make a new thread or something?

Because I have a way of computing IVs of Pokemon even without IV Battles or using IV Calculators (probably useful in situations where you can't use your computer yet)...
Maybe just similar to the IV Calculators.
But I have a way though to determine if said Pokemon's IVs for a stat is 31 or not...
I just have to use my Mathematical experience.

Contributions should be posted in C&C. You should make a new thread in the "in game expansion" sub forum.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
If for example I have a contribution, and that I must provide links to the stuff I have made to my own thread, then how do you do it?

Example: A link named Gible, pointing to a single post I made concerning about its stats, IVs, etc for levels 1-20, with detailed tables, charts, egg move validity, etc...

Do I have to make my own website?

quick question. Which would be better for Ninjask: endure, protect, x sizzor and baton pass with a focus sash; protect, substitute, sword dance, and baton pass with a leichi berry; or protect, endure, baton pass, and x sizzor with a leichi berry. The first set gives me +4 speed, or if a taunter comes in +1. The second one gives me +5 speed and +1 attack unless there is time to execute sword dance. The third gives me +3 speed and +1 attack but has an attacking move, unlike set 2. THis is for real life matches over wi-fi or w/ my friends, where I usually know my opponents pokemon and can choose between sending out octillary or metagross, both of which are slow but they hit hard. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)