Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
EVs: 252 HP/8 Atk/8 Spd/240 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Thats the one I use, with the set Pursuit, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, Superpower/Rest and a Lum Berry. It beats evry sleep lead and with the big SpDef can easily trap most foes.

Yeah, just for that. Take a look at this thread for further informations.
I think Wynaut ought to go into the next round of suspect tests. It does sound like it's Uber just because Wobb is Uber. But that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Of course I presume there's a procedure for nominating suspects.

I have a question.Whenever I try to download the RNG it says I have to extract my files,but what does extracting files do?Will it harm my computer or anything?I don't want to screw up my computer.

When trading in-game, does the nature of opposite trainer pokemon become the same as my pokemon I traded off?
I don't think so.
I might be wrong on this, but I think all in-game traded pokemon have all their data (IVs, EVs, ID, secret ID, nature, PID, gender, etc.) preset. The only thing not preset is level and experience.

I've been searching for a method for eving lv 100 pokemon. I came across a site that claims that it is possible in platinum. Basically you use stat reducing berries and this would reset the pokemon stats similar to the box trick, so you ev train normally and put 1 ev in a stat you dont care for and then remove it at the end of training. I want to know if there is any truth to this. Can someone enlighten me?

So I have been out of the loop for a while and have been wondering if the RNG Reporter can be ran on a Mac or will I have to get myself a copy of Windows to use it?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
So I have been out of the loop for a while and have been wondering if the RNG Reporter can be ran on a Mac or will I have to get myself a copy of Windows to use it?
I just tried downloading it on my Mac. Sadly, its only a .exe file. Meaning, its Windows only.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't have high hopes on this question being answered, but...

How do you unlock the Repeat Ball in Pokemarts in HGSS?

A quick question:

When you do multi battle in the Battle Tower in HGSS, do you partner up with the five people you met in Sinnoh, or random people like in Emerald's Battle Tower?

I just tried downloading it on my Mac. Sadly, its only a .exe file. Meaning, its Windows only.
RNGReporter is not Windows only. Although the file may have a .exe extension, it's a .NET program, and will run on Linux, and probably Mac, using Mono: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

You may find you need to run it from the command line,

mono RNGReporter.exe

(File extensions have no inherent meaning, they are merely a convention. Any type of file can be given any extension you like. Windows uses file extensions to determine what program to use to open a file. Linux and OSX do not.)

I've been searching for a method for eving lv 100 pokemon. I came across a site that claims that it is possible in platinum. Basically you use stat reducing berries and this would reset the pokemon stats similar to the box trick, so you ev train normally and put 1 ev in a stat you dont care for and then remove it at the end of training. I want to know if there is any truth to this. Can someone enlighten me?
You can't EV train at all at Lv. 100. To gain EV's, you need expierence, unless you use the vitamins. Since there is no gaining expierence at Lv. 100, there is no way any sort of EV training at Lv. 100 works.

Just a quick question, how do you type over a link? Like, instead of having a webpage url, its a word, and you can click on it just like a link. I've always wondered how to do it, and I can't find it on google :P

I have a dilema. I have two salamences that have two different evs. The first is 252 atk/ 4 Sp. atk/252 speed. The second is 232 atk/ 24 sp.atk/252 speed.

My question is: How much does a stat difference of 5 make? (First Salamence has 405 atk, 257 sp. atk; second one has 400 atk, 262 sp. atk) Which one should I use? I'm tempted to use the one with 405 atk.

Edit: I'm terrible at large math problems, so please just give me an example or something.

I need someone to help me transfer a few pokemon and catch me up on mystery gifts when I restart to do a smeargle solo run. You can have clones of the pokes if you would like.

I have a dilema. I have two salamences that have two different evs. The first is 252 atk/ 4 Sp. atk/252 speed. The second is 232 atk/ 24 sp.atk/252 speed.

My question is: How much does a stat difference of 5 make? (First Salamence has 405 atk, 257 sp. atk; second one has 400 atk, 262 sp. atk) Which one should I use? I'm tempted to use the one with 405 atk.

Edit: I'm terrible at large math problems, so please just give me an example or something.
Use an online damage calculator. Figure out if there are any important OHKOs or 2HKOs that you risk missing out on with the lower attack, or conversely, is there anything you surely OHKO with a special move with the extra SpA.

The Special Attack might even be the more relevant, if a little extra helps ensure you break through some physical wall that otherwise is trouble.

Hello everyone,

First time posting in this section. I have an azelf. Bad news: it is a quite nature. But can i still use it as a lead? it has 116 speed at 50.

Thanks.

You can use it, but I wouldn't considering it has a minus speed nature and 99% of Azelf tend to run plus speed.

The 24 SpA is needed for a Life Orb Fire Blast to guarentee a OHKO on Skarmory

Hello everyone,

First time posting in this section. I have an azelf. Bad news: it is a quite nature. But can i still use it as a lead? it has 116 speed at 50.

Thanks.
That would depend who you are fighting. If its your friends, chances are it won't matter that much.

If you are battling competively with a DS Cartridge, then that Azelf is bad. Lead Azelf needs a +speed nature, and a -speed nature really kills it. I'm assuming it has 0 EVs, so it has a speed IV of 18 or 19, which isn't good enough by competitive standards either.

Competitively, Azelf would prefer a +speed with a full 31 IV to get the speed tie with other 115 speed pokes, although +speed with at least a 22 IV outspeeds the more common base 110s. If you have a nuetral speed nature, its recommended you must have a 31 IV to stay ahead of all base 100 speed pokes.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus

Many people now use the first set as LO Fire Blast OHKOes with SR up, while the second set OHKOes 100% without SR up. Even with 4 EVs, it's like >90% chance of OHKOing even without SR up, so go ahead and use the first one.

As for nature, even though you didn't ask for it, go with Naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)