Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Also is the new poke swtiched in before the effects of leftovers, poison, WISH, weather, etc? or only after?

When your RNG abusing to get shiny pokemon. And the time is over the 23 hour mark is it possible to convert it to the 23 hour mark to abutes the RNG to get a shiny pokemon. Ex my time is 353:25

Also, when a pokémon uses trick (with choice band) on another, in the 2nd turn of a 2turn move (solarbeam, hyper beam, ...), after the 2turn move is the pokemon who got tricked still able to freely chose its move?

Thanks! Also is the new poke swtiched in before the effects of leftovers, poison, WISH, weather, etc? or only after?
The new poke is sent in at the begining of the next turn in DPP. So all those effects happen before.

Also expanding on what Golden Steelix said, when the poke uses an offensive move, it will say "There is no target pokemon," and things like Explosion will not KO the user.

How do you check the leaderboard rankings on the Shoddy Battle ladder? I know how to check ratings, but I would like to know how to see the leaderboard.

I've been using smogon and shoddy for a while, but only just recently been using the forums. I was wondering if there is any place where I can post a part of my team and then have people make contributions of what to do with it next and how to improve it existingly (probably not a real word). If so, please let me know. If not, then sorry to waste your time.

Thank you =)

I've been using smogon and shoddy for a while, but only just recently been using the forums. I was wondering if there is any place where I can post a part of my team and then have people make contributions of what to do with it next and how to improve it existingly (probably not a real word). If so, please let me know. If not, then sorry to waste your time.

Thank you =)
No there isn't. Obviously the closest thing to that is the RMT forum. Go there and read the rules. One of them is no incomplete teams. To solidify your team, play with it for a while, and replace the weak links until you think the team is solid. Then post it in RMT. Hope this helps.

When your RNG abusing to get shiny pokemon. And the time is over the 23 hour mark is it possible to convert it to the 23 hour mark to abutes the RNG to get a shiny pokemon. Ex my time is 353:25
the RNG time means like your actual time. Not the amount you've played.

example.

I pressed A at 20:23 (8:23 pm) So thats what I enter. It does not matter how much you've played. I suggest you sync the DS clock to a clock that shows seconds, or just use the PC clock if thats wha you're using. Hope I helped! BTW just RNG'd my first pokemon! Neutral male Ralts =D

What is the best SubSeeder in game. I just do not know. Also please do not say breloom as I have already trained one and do not want to train another. That you! I really want to train a SubSeeder as they are so annoying.:)
P.S I will yous the Pokemon in battle frontier.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
What is the best SubSeeder in game. I just do not know. Also please do not say breloom as I have already trained one and do not want to train another. That you! I really want to train a SubSeeder as they are so annoying.:)
Try Sceptile.

Jumpluff is a pretty good one as well. It can't really do much actual attack damage and it's not quite as fast as Sceptile, but it has Encore to really screw over anything that tries to set up on it and help your other Pokemon set up, which most, if not all, other SubSeeders do not have.

Smogon says that Focus sash is a one-time use.

What does it mean?
a) The item disappears after being used
b) The item will not activate a second time in the battle
c) The item will not activate a second time unless the the poke is switched out, then it can activate when switched backed in

Smogon says that Focus sash is a one-time use.

What does it mean?
a) The item disappears after being used
b) The item will not activate a second time in the battle
c) The item will not activate a second time unless the the poke is switched out, then it can activate when switched backed in
A is the anwser. After your Pokemon is hit to its Sash, the Sash will disappear and cannot be used again

ok, thanks

If a pokémon uses knock-off and does 100% damage on a pokémon with focus sash, does the sash activate?

Two brief questions:

1. Does anyone know how the score on the trainer card works?

2. When does the playtime clock max out?

Well, The Trainer card goes up in rank depending on your score, which increases when you do special things like Completing a 100 streak at the Battle tower, Completing your Pokedex etc. It also changes your trainer card color with the 5 star Trainer card being Black

The Playtime maxes out at 999:59

Hope i helped ;)

Thank you =)
Here.

The RMT forum is meant for complete teams that you've tested a fair bit. Scarfed Haunter will lock threads that break the rules very quickly.

If you want ideas for more members for an incomplete team, or you want to know things like 'who's a good revenged killer', this thread is probably the best place.

EDIT: And now my question. Who deals with Machamp? Scarfgar lacks the power to OHKO, even with Psychic, and then gets taken out by Payback. I could try Specsgar, but then I lose the ability to revenge kill DD'ed Gyarados and Salamence. Rotom forms aren't an option because I mean my team for WiFi.

haunter

Banned deucer.
EDIT: And now my question. Who deals with Machamp? Scarfgar lacks the power to OHKO, even with Psychic, and then gets taken out by Payback. I could try Specsgar, but then I lose the ability to revenge kill DD'ed Gyarados and Salamence. Rotom forms aren't an option because I mean my team for WiFi.
Slowbro is probably the best Machamp counter in the game. Immune to confusion thanks to own tempo, high physical defence and resistance to its stab. Being slower than Champ also helps with payback (if Machamp carries it), which doesn't get a boosted damage.

Here.

The RMT forum is meant for complete teams that you've tested a fair bit. Scarfed Haunter will lock threads that break the rules very quickly.

If you want ideas for more members for an incomplete team, or you want to know things like 'who's a good revenged killer', this thread is probably the best place.

Gyarados is a pretty good option for versions who lack Stone Edge. Rotom-A and the fellow ghosts work for those who lack Payback. Rotom-A especially because of its bulk. It tends to be hard to directly counter Machamp due to No Guard and Confusion from Dynamic Punch. Usually, it's best to take advantage of its low speed.

Edit: Beaten

Also, to repeat my question, does anyone know the formula for the score on the trainer card, not the number of stars, not the colour, but the numerical score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)