Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions here:

1st: can someone explain to me how a roulette battle works?

2:is there a thread where we can rant about how this game is unfair to us? like a certain someone typing this question getting pokerus and not even knowing he had it, and going to heal at a pokemon center?

help me build a dual weather team

So I saw another RMT on smogon that used dual weather conditions (I think it was rain and sandstorm). This thread inspired me to attempt to create a effective dual weather team on my own. I wanted to cause weather effects through pokemon abilities such as sand stream, drizzle, snow warning, drought, etc. instead of having to waste a turn using Rain Dance, Sunny Day, or Sandstorm.

I'm thinking of building the team around Abomasnow and a pokemon with the Sand Stream ability, like Tyranitar. I would like to create a balanced team that is able to be offensive when it needs to, stall when it needs to, or wall threats when it is required to.

I'm more of a casual pokemon battler, so feel free to use any pokemon that would fit in the team whether it be Uber, OU, BL, or UU; they are ALL OKAY. I just want this team to be fun and interesting to play with.

So, what do you think? Is a Hail/Sandstorm team viable? Or should I pick different weather effects? Should I depend on the pokemon's abilities to change the weather? Or should I use moves to change the weather?

Lets hear your thoughts on the matter and see what kind of team will develop.

So I saw another RMT on smogon that used dual weather conditions (I think it was rain and sandstorm). This thread inspired me to attempt to create a effective dual weather team on my own. I wanted to cause weather effects through pokemon abilities such as sand stream, drizzle, snow warning, drought, etc. instead of having to waste a turn using Rain Dance, Sunny Day, or Sandstorm.

First, Drought and Drizzle are only used in Ubers, as Kyogre and Groudon are the only pokemon that have them. Ubers is often a double-weathered environment, sometimes even 3 with the rare Tyranitar and Abomasnow.

I'm thinking of building the team around Abomasnow and a pokemon with the Sand Stream ability, like Tyranitar. I would like to create a balanced team that is able to be offensive when it needs to, stall when it needs to, or wall threats when it is required to.

I'm more of a casual pokemon battler, so feel free to use any pokemon that would fit in the team whether it be Uber, OU, BL, or UU; they are ALL OKAY. I just want this team to be fun and interesting to play with.

So, what do you think? Is a Hail/Sandstorm team viable? Or should I pick different weather effects? Should I depend on the pokemon's abilities to change the weather? Or should I use moves to change the weather?

Hail/Sandstorm seems pretty bad to use IMO. With hail only helping Ice Types, and Sandstorm only helping Rock, and being resisted by Ground and Steel (and Cacturne), fighting pokemon will likely run through your team. Hail/Sunny Day or Sandstorm/Sunny Day sounds interesting, however.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2 questions here:

1st: can someone explain to me how a roulette battle works?

2:is there a thread where we can rant about how this game is unfair to us? like a certain someone typing this question getting pokerus and not even knowing he had it, and going to heal at a pokemon center?
1. In a nutshell -- You EV train as many Pokemon as possible and place them into your boxes and assign them numbers. The other player does the same. Before a battle you tell each other how many of these battle ready Pokemon you have and each of you pick 6 numbers between one and the that total number of your opponents Pokemen.

Each player then uses the Pokemon assigned to the numbers that the opponent picked.

It's basically a game played with 6 random Pokemon.

2. No, sorry.

the percentages in http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/magnitude don't add up to 100
Thanks. Fixed.

Have you thought about weather plus pseudo-weather? (Pseudo-weather is Trick Room or Gravity). They can both be active together.
For example, Sunny Gravity would let you fire off 83.5% accurate Thunders, 100% accurate Blizzards, 50% boosted 100% accurate Fire Blasts, and instant Solar Beams.
Or given rock types are often slow, Sandstorm + Trick Room might do well.

The downside is that to work well with just ONE environment teams need to be built to take advantage of it. Trying to take advantage of two will be challenging.

In Platinum, Ditto is only available to catch in the trophy garden on occasion. Is there a way to control what is offered in the trophy garden so that ditto is available?

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a question...

It seems as if the critical hit damage output has been increased to 3x normal damage from the regular 2x normal damage since HG/SS

Am I hallucinating or is this the truth?

Only if the Pokémon dealing critical hits has Sniper as its ability. Don't forget that critical hits also bypass the defender's defense boosts.

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I know... but I swear while I was at the start of the game, my Cyndaquil was battling a wild lv 5 Pidgey that did 3 damage per tackle and then out of nowhere does 9 damage with no boosts or drops...

Fake Out learnt by Nuzleaf at level 19. Explosion learnt by TM64, or by FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald Tutor. In common with most stone-evolved Pokemon, Shiftry gets almost no level up moves, which also means you can't Heart Scale Fake Out - if a Shiftry doesn't have it, there's no way you can give it the move, you have to catch or breed another Seedot/Nuzleaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)