Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What tier is Wynaut located in? He's listed as Uber, but his analysis is for Little Cup, so I'm a little confused...Just to be clear I'm curious about his tier for lv 100 battles, not LC.

Has anyone made a list of the decent EVing spots for HGSS yet?

Where's the list for the D/P trainers that are good for EVing? I know there's Cowgirl Shelley near Solaceon with the Bidoofs for HP, but I don't remember any of the others.

Does Technician affect moves with variable base power? (e.g. If I had a Hidden Power with a base power of 60, would Technician boost it to 90? What about things like Flamethrower in the rain?)

Does Technician affect moves with variable base power? (e.g. If I had a Hidden Power with a base power of 60, would Technician boost it to 90? What about things like Flamethrower in the rain?)
Technician will boost moves with variable base power when they have 60 or less base power (like Hidden Power 60 or Grass Knot on a light opponent). Rain does not change the base power of Fire moves so it won't make them affected by Technician.

Edit: http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/technician
This could help.

Does Technician work if STAB would bring the base power to over 60? For example, if I were to use Bug Bite on a Scizor, would the power be up to 120, factoring in technician and STAB, or just 90 with just STAB?

I'm setting up my wifi team, and I was planning on using swampert as my salamence counter and also a phazer. I'm worried that mixmence is still going to beat my swampert though, what other options do I have for it?

for what? countering Salamence? well, there is no real hard counter. you have to strategize. SR and Priority usualy goes a long way torwards beating him

there's literaly only 1 pokemon EDIT: In OU of course that fits that catagory. Cresselia. otherwise Mence 2KOs the entire Metagame and has to be played around by Stealth Rock and Priority

Registeel is one of the best Mence counters out there. Use Latias/Dragon pokemon here to bait Draco Meteor (25.3% - 29.7%), switch him into it. Mence is now at -2 sp.Atk and Fire Blast (if he carries it) will be useless. Registeel with survive the Earthquake (40.7% - 48.4%) and can KO with Ice Punch after Stealth Rock damage (76.1% - 90.6%).

You can use a more specially defensive spread to take less Damage from the initial Draco Meteor as well. Latias/Pokemon here running reflect can also help minimize Earthquake's damage.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to describe here. What do you mean by "original"?
Hmm... You know, like fake Emerald, after you battle the Elite Four the save gets deleted something like that, I'm not sure if you totally get it but my problem is, I can't use Pal Park. At the start, there should be a "Migrate pokemon from Kanto" selection right? And that doesn't show to me.

Registeel is one of the best Mence counters out there. Use Latias/Dragon pokemon here to bait Draco Meteor (25.3% - 29.7%), switch him into it. Mence is now at -2 sp.Atk and Fire Blast (if he carries it) will be useless. Registeel with survive the Earthquake (40.7% - 48.4%) and can KO with Ice Punch after Stealth Rock damage (76.1% - 90.6%).

You can use a more specially defensive spread to take less Damage from the initial Draco Meteor as well. Latias/Pokemon here running reflect can also help minimize Earthquake's damage.
Playing Registeel in the OU metagame is pretty risky you know. After Draco Meteor, he/she can predict the incoming Ice Punch and switch out to Magnezone, trapping it. Registeel can't really damage Magnezone(hard enough) while Magnezone can do 20-27%, sorry I'm too lazy to calculate, to 252 HP / 252 SpD Careful Registeel. Or own Registeel with Choice Band Superpower(Scizor) or Close Combat from Lucario.

So I was battling on wifi earlier today, and I defeated two players and one left towards the end of the battle as I was going to win. The last two people I battled both accused me of hacking and one even made a comment on the forum which of course scared off any other potential opponents.
I of course EV train and kind of IV breed, but not very much. I naturally caught most, and checked with that guy in the battle tower to ballpark a prospect's ivs before training. Like many of you I spent hours days and weeks, training and polishing my team(s).
Not to brag, though I am proud of myself, I simply outplayed my opponents. I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance that they are just sore losers.

Hmm... You know, like fake Emerald, after you battle the Elite Four the save gets deleted something like that, I'm not sure if you totally get it but my problem is, I can't use Pal Park. At the start, there should be a "Migrate pokemon from Kanto" selection right? And that doesn't show to me.

Playing Registeel in the OU metagame is pretty risky you know. After Draco Meteor, he/she can predict the incoming Ice Punch and switch out to Magnezone, trapping it. Registeel can't really damage Magnezone(hard enough) while Magnezone can do 20-27%, sorry I'm too lazy to calculate, to 252 HP / 252 SpD Careful Registeel. Or own Registeel with Choice Band Superpower(Scizor) or Close Combat from Lucario.
Registeel using Earthquake against a Choice Scarf Magnezone (probably more common than other steel trapping sets) is 88.3% - 105.3%

Random question, I've ev'ing a gible right now and battling gyarados. One used Dragon Rage and a random question popped into my head...is it possible or Dragon Rage to crit hit and do more than 40 damage, or is that just guaranteed 40, no more, no less?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How can you breed Egg Moves onto Nidoking? They're all male yet Bulbapedia etc. states he has them.
I'm pretty sure that you have to breed with a Nidoran (female) to get the egg moves, as the offspring can either be Nidoran (m) or Nidoran (f). If your offspring is Nidoran (m) he should have the egg moves you wanted him to know (though Nidoran (f)'s egg move set is different to Nidoran (m)'s, so a Nidoran (f) will not learn the same egg moves that you wanted it to).

You should also note that Nidorina and Nidoqueen are incapable of breeding, if you didn't know already.

Nidoran Female can breed to produce a Nidoran Male egg. Bizarrely, Nidorina and Nidoqueen cannot breed at all. So breed Nidoran Female with a compatible male Pokemon that knows the moves you want to pass.

In level 50 all battling, is a Pokemon at level 50 weaker than a level 100 Pokemon brought down to level 50?

As in, should I bother leveling up my Pokemon to level 100 after they've been EVd or does it truly matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)