Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to catch entei/raikou in hg. If I mean look, they roar and it will count as a win. Is there a way instead of usin master ball?

You could try Mean Look + Taunt + Hypnosis Crobat or Mean Look + Taunt + Lovely Kiss Jynx.

I think they can still run when asleep, which is annoying. But I'm not sure if they're still asleep on next encounter. If so, maybe you sleep them, then next time mean look them.

Did not get an answer to my earlier question, so I will ask again in a more streamlined form.

Planning a Typlosion to know Thunderpunch/Earthquake/Flamethrower/Hidden Power Grass for a mixed sweeper. Life Orb as the item preferred, likely to be Adamant nature unless otherwise advised. What would be the best course of EVs to ensure at least a 2HKO on a Chansey from Special while still allowing a decent Tpunch and Earthquake?

Couldn't you just force your internal clock/calender forward 110 days?

Nope. A lot of the time based things in HGSS can't be manipulated (or if you can, it'll be something really annoying like setting your time to 11:59 and waiting for it to roll over, but that probably doesn't work either). I've tried manipulating the time/date for the Safari Zone, for Kurt's balls, etc. I wish I could. XD

A PokeWalker related question:

Is it possible to have a Pokemon you caught on the PokeWalker have an item? For example if I caught a Magby, is it possible that it may be holding a Magmarizer?

A PokeWalker related question:

Is it possible to have a Pokemon you caught on the PokeWalker have an item? For example if I caught a Magby, is it possible that it may be holding a Magmarizer?

No, but u can use the Itemfinder to help u look for items like light ball, big mushroom, etc...

@Verial

Geodude for Defense

Hoothoot for Hp

How do you unlock some EVENT only Routes?

I really really want a Magmarizer and I don't want to wait till Volcano Islands for one. Where's another area, or method to find one?

How do you unlock some EVENT only Routes?

I really really want a Magmarizer and I don't want to wait till Volcano Islands for one. Where's another area, or method to find one?

You'll have to wait until Nintendo decides to give it out to get access to Amity Square and get a Magmarizer.

Otherwise, you can find one on Cinnabar Island (requires Rock Climb, which requires all 16 badges).

That's it. You can maybe see if someone would trade you one.

Is it possible to attain a Magmarizer through catching Magmars from Burnt Tower?

Apparently not; neither Serebii nor Bulbapedia say so. You could always try, although wild Pokemon holding items are rare enough to drive you crazy (not to mention Magmar aren't that common either!). :|

Sigh. Ninja'd.

Also, as an amusing note, apparently Eggs can get Pokerus. I didn't know that. >_>

Did not get an answer to my earlier question, so I will ask again in a more streamlined form.

Planning a Typlosion to know Thunderpunch/Earthquake/Flamethrower/Hidden Power Grass for a mixed sweeper. Life Orb as the item preferred, likely to be Adamant nature unless otherwise advised. What would be the best course of EVs to ensure at least a 2HKO on a Chansey from Special while still allowing a decent Tpunch and Earthquake?
Sorry, but you aren't 2HKOing Chansey with a physical move with Typhlosion unless it's Focus Punch (which OHKOes with SR and a layer of Spikes up).

Are Raikou and Entei's stats both set when you release them from the tower? Is there any possible way to reset for them separately?

Um, I think they are set upon encouter in the grass or wherever, not on realease from the tower, but tbh, I'm not 100% sure on that.

What does Smogon think of legitimate hacking?(Hacking pokemon that would be 100% possible to get in the game. Except things like mew and Arceus and the like)I don't know what to explain except that I was wondering.

As long as you inform your opponent and keep your hacked Pokemon within the stats, movesets and abilities obtainable in the game, you can use "legit hacks" into WiFi battles.

If you plan on trading your hacks, then it's unlikely that other people, who legitimately breed\soft reset for their Pokemon, will trade with you.

What is a pokemon that can set up on a choiced poke locked into pursuit but isn't revenged killed by jolly scarfed ttar?

and are the rotom formes allowed on wifi now with HGSS out or do they just revert back to regular rotom still?

Sorry, but you aren't 2HKOing Chansey with a physical move with Typhlosion unless it's Focus Punch (which OHKOes with SR and a layer of Spikes up).

I said from the Special, not the Physical. I figured that a Fire Blast or Flamethrower would likely hit it on the switch. Also, still no advice on a Mixed EV spread. Should I just pump it all into SpA and Speed, or drop some speed for Attack?

What is a pokemon that can set up on a choiced poke locked into pursuit but isn't revenged killed by jolly scarfed ttar?

and are the rotom formes allowed on wifi now with HGSS out or do they just revert back to regular rotom still?

Scizor can if ScarfTar doesn't have Fire Punch, althought I'm almost positive a SD Bullet Punch kills it, so could an SD Infernape with Mach Punch.

Not sure about rotom forms, i heard that they revert but idk for sure.

In Platinum, there is a guy that tells you your Hidden Power type in the Game Corner prize exchange shop. Anybody know if he still exists in HGSS, and if so, where he is?

I said from the Special, not the Physical. I figured that a Fire Blast or Flamethrower would likely hit it on the switch. Also, still no advice on a Mixed EV spread. Should I just pump it all into SpA and Speed, or drop some speed for Attack?
There's NO WAY you're 2HKOing a Chansey with a physical move and a special move without at least Sunny Day, maybe a Blaze boost, and quite a large EV investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back