Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and I gave up looking for my last shiny leaf, the first 4 took like 15 minutes but I couldn't find the last one after hours of searching. So if I really give a shit I'll just use a different Pokémon and start over at some point. (Because there's effectively no proof that every Pokémon can get 5 leaves).
Lol, yeah. I found the first 4 very quickly, been at this one for a couple of hours now >.<. Only got Route 25/27. Can't find on either.

Can you find more than 1 leaf on the same route?

is there a place to find a list of teams that were extremely successful? (preferably for OU tier)... like winners of championships, or ones with extremely high rankings? Ive been to RMT but i havent found what ive been looking for :/

In DPPT, you could mass transfer Pokemon from one box to another by pressing Y...

Could you do that in HGSS? o.o;
- Go to Move Pokemon
- Tap a Pokemon (with the touchpad)
- Tap "move"
- Select the box you want to transfer to
- Start dragging and dropping

I've never heard of this mass transfer method, so it may not be the same thing, but this method is pretty fast in any case.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
- Go to Move Pokemon
- Tap a Pokemon (with the touchpad)
- Tap "move"
- Select the box you want to transfer to
- Start dragging and dropping

I've never heard of this mass transfer method, so it may not be the same thing, but this method is pretty fast in any case.
Thats not what she was talking about. In DPPt you could select a whole box of pokemon (30) and move them all at once. So far as I know you can't do this in hgss.

True but the Move Pokemon feature in HG is all you really need. You don't have to leave the box every time you want to deposit and then withdraw. You can do it all at once. The Move Item feature is also so convenient so you don't have to take your Pokemon out just to take its item or give it one.

Okay, quick question here...

I have a Feraligatr with a HP below 1/3, so Torrent kicks in. Up against a Water type, what would do the most damage: Waterfall or Earthquake? And how does it work? Does the "not very effective" apply after both Waterfall, STAB and Torrent has been calculated, like this:

(Waterfall + STAB + Torrent)/not very effective | (80 + 40 + 40)/2 = 80

... or does it work otherwise?

Okay, quick question here...

I have a Feraligatr with a HP below 1/3, so Torrent kicks in. Up against a Water type, what would do the most damage: Waterfall or Earthquake? And how does it work? Does the "not very effective" apply after both Waterfall, STAB and Torrent has been calculated, like this:

(Waterfall + STAB + Torrent)/not very effective | (80 + 40 + 40)/2 = 80

... or does it work otherwise?
STAB and Torrent multiply the damage by 1.5. They don't give a 50% boost like stat boosting moves do. So that equation tuns into 80*1.5*1.5/2 = 90. So Earthquake would still be better, but Waterfall would do slightly more damage than you predicted. If Rain is up, then Waterfall is obviously the better choice.

STAB and Torrent multiply the damage by 1.5. They don't give a 50% boost like stat boosting moves do. So that equation tuns into 80*1.5*1.5/2 = 90. So Earthquake would still be better, but Waterfall would do slightly more damage than you predicted. If Rain is up, then Waterfall is obviously the better choice.
Ah, of course. Thank you. :)

Further breeding issues.
It's most likely that your Gengar is from another country. Unless the Gengar has perfect IVs or somesuch I'd suggest just breeding another male Gastly to preserve any egg moves and keep trying with that one holding the power item.

Waterfall vs. Earthquake
80*1.5*1.5/2 vs 100*1*1/1. If you're good at your mental math, you'll note that Earthquake is a small margin better in this situation. Please note, however, that if you were using Aqua Tail it would have 1.25 more BP than Earthquake at the cost of 10 accuracy.

PC argument.
In Platinum if you pressed Y and clicked and dragged from a pokemon in the corner of your box to the opposite corner it would highlight every pokemon in the box, meaning you could transfer every single one in a matter of seconds. Heart Gold's system is workable, and I find it to be quite convenient, but Platinum's system is still faster.
The Move Item feature is also lacking, you can not move items from one box to another without first putting the item onto a pokemon in your party, changing boxes, and then putting the item from your party pokemon onto your boxed pokemon. Very frustrating.

Shiny Leaf frustrations.
It does not matter what patch of grass you're in, I found two in the exact same patch of grass (One of the ones in the route east of Ecruteak town) within the span of thirty seconds. It's simply based on luck.

Breeding, battling, and dastardly mentions of AR codes.
The EV boosting effect still applies, though, there is no Vs. Seeker, so no EV trainers, excepting the fisherman you can rebattle once every thursday with six Magikarps... Fighting wild pokemon is easier.

For AR users, is it better for pokemon development to evolve pokemon from stage 1 or modify to the final stage? Ex. start with Dratini and then evolve to a Dragonite or just start with Dragonite...

thanks!

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For AR users, is it better for pokemon development to evolve pokemon from stage 1 or modify to the final stage? Ex. start with Dratini and then evolve to a Dragonite or just start with Dragonite...

thanks!
It makes little difference in the end since the final EXP number will be the same, although you may have an easier time training a fully evolved mon due to higher overall stats.

All damage percentage are rounded down, right? I.e. 88.9% becomes 88%, 12.5% becomes 12%, etc. And that's including damage from entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes too, right? Yeah, I know, they're silly questions. ._.

All damage percentage are rounded down, right? I.e. 88.9% becomes 88%, 12.5% becomes 12%, etc. And that's including damage from entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes too, right? Yeah, I know, they're silly questions. ._.
The precentage doesn't get rounded down, the actual damage does. So a Suicune with 404 HP would take 50 damage from switching into SR since one 8th of its HP is 50.5 which gets rounded down to 50, which is about 12.4%.

The precentage doesn't get rounded down, the actual damage does. So a Suicune with 404 HP would take 50 damage from switching into SR since one 8th of its HP is 50.5 which gets rounded down to 50, which is about 12.4%.
Does the game not store that extra damage and tack it back on next time Suicune switches in? I recall someone saying something to that effect at one point.

It could be because it's still an English Pokemon. Also, are you sure it's from England? If the trainer never registered their location, it wouldn't unlock it.

I know Munchlax in Honey trees are determined by Secret ID, etc. How does that work though? Is there a way to find out which trees its in.. by knowing your SID?

Are EVs shared when the experience share item is used?

EDIT: I'm a little worried, because I've been leveling a jumpluff with the exp. share with the understanding that it did NOT gain EVs through it, but now that I'm beginning to EV, I can't give the requisite ten vitamins to the stats I want to raise... :\

A Pokemon holding EXP Share will get the full EV yield from Pokemon defeated when it is in the party (and not fainted). Pokerus on the EXP Share holding Pokemon takes effect. Pokerus, Power Items, or Macho Brace on the battling Pokemon do not boost the EVs gained by the non-battling EXP Share holding Pokemon.

(It's well worth taking advantage of this when EV training. Train multiple Pokemon at once, rotating through the lead (who has the Macho Brace or Power Item), and you can halve or better the time taken to EV.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)