Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my questions.

1. Where is a good place for me to start becoming a part of the smogon community?
2. Where can I potentially find some people who would be willing to give me some advice on improving my skill and learning the metagame? :)

Thanks Haunter, much appreciated. I made an introduction thread but it was deleted, I'm assuming those don't exist around here xD

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
If a Pokemon with Magic Guard were to "hurt itself in confusion," (Clefable), would it recieve the recoil damage from it? As in, you know, the damage you recieve when you allegedly hurt yourself in confusion.

Can someone get my platinum secret ID without trading a pokemon cause im like infront of Giratina and im tryin to RNG it, My id is 07219, comment on my page if you can, tankz

Can someone get my platinum secret ID without trading a pokemon cause im like infront of Giratina and im tryin to RNG it, My id is 07219, comment on my page if you can, tankz
That's not going to work. We can't find your secret ID like that. You can kill Giratina in Distortion World and it'll be back in Turnback Cave after you beat the Elite Four, so you can move on without fear.

If you know the exact time and delay you first ever started the game you can work out your SID from your ID... I don't suppose you made a note of it?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If a Pokemon with Magic Guard were to "hurt itself in confusion," (Clefable), would it recieve the recoil damage from it? As in, you know, the damage you recieve when you allegedly hurt yourself in confusion.
Yes, it won't take damage.

Can someone find my platinum SID now? (ill be trading a pokemon so you can get information)

-please comment my page if you can <3!

Just because they wanted to emphasize on the new forms in D/P. There are 3 counting the RSE beta sprites. lol

The game says that the Sinnoh region was split in two by Mt Cornet. One group of Shellos was on the left, one on the right. They adapted to different environments, and as such, they look very different.

It happens in the real world all the time. The only difference is that an animal won't change color while being the same species. They change color, gain new features/abilities, and eventually the two animals wont breed and become 2 different species.

Shellos are suspect to those changes, but will naturally breed, and as such, are still 1 species....

FEAR Pokemon can be effective, especially against an opponent not used to facing them or who doesn't notice the Clefable is level 1. However, the best is the Cleffa line in the hail. Pack a solid ghost counter, since ghosts counter FEAR very well.
In-game, it's a one-shot deal, so probably not good.

pokeMONstar, you need to say more about the movesets you're using. A Choice Specs Vaporeon is very different to a defensive Vaporeon, for example.
its a wish protect surf hp electric vaporeon

electivire , physical sweeper with expert belt

dusknoir , bulky physical sweeper mainly shadow sneak, or elemental punches. cb

mamosine , physical sweeper. mainly ice shard / EQ with cb

the lead heatran

and breloom, spore SD and then mach punch or stone edge

Is Shoddy 2 supposed to be coming out sometime in fall 2010? I have heard around November or September, but I want to be sure....

When using Foresight on a Ghost Pokemon in game are Normal or Fighting moves able to continuosly attack Ghost types. Or is it just for one turn, like in Shoddy?

Arin:

Foresight's effect lasts until the opponent is no longer active: "During effect, Normal- and Fighting-type attacks against opponent have normal effectiveness against the Ghost type. Effect ends when opponent is replaced."

I am aiming for an in-game Adamant Hitmontop with Intimidate, and I have two questions regarding it.

1) Tyrogue has two abilities, but neither of them are intimidate. How do i ensure that my Hitmontop has Intimidate, and not Technician?

2) To obtain Hitmontop, I must keep attack and defense equal. Difficult to do if attack is going up faster than defense (thanks to the Adamant nature). To counterract this, I can give it EVs in defense, but I don't want any EVs in defense, and I do not have the berry that removes those EVs (even if I did, I don't know how to duplicate the berry). Is there some way to obtain an Adamant Hitmontop without resorting to EVs in defense?

Thanks.

I am aiming for an in-game Adamant Hitmontop with Intimidate, and I have two questions regarding it.

1) Tyrogue has two abilities, but neither of them are intimidate. How do i ensure that my Hitmontop has Intimidate, and not Technician?

2) To obtain Hitmontop, I must keep attack and defense equal. Difficult to do if attack is going up faster than defense (thanks to the Adamant nature). To counterract this, I can give it EVs in defense, but I don't want any EVs in defense, and I do not have the berry that removes those EVs (even if I did, I don't know how to duplicate the berry). Is there some way to obtain an Adamant Hitmontop without resorting to EVs in defense?

Thanks.
I'm not sure about the first question, I think one of Tyrogue's abilities is respective to one of Hitmontop's abilities. And there's really no way to do it that I can think of in your scenario, you can get one of those berries and plant it and multiply it to get rid of Defense EVs

im using RNG reporter to try to find a shiny Zapdos. the initial seed i need to hit is a00c01ff, and ive repeatedly hit it. im supposed to find a shiny on frame 34 yet after successfully hitting my target seed 6 times its never been shiny. i have 2 roamers out and have accounted for them and im calling elm to advance the frames. im sorry if i left any information out, but can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Hello, can someone give me fateful encounter pokemons(Pikachu-colored pichu, Arceus, Jirachi and Celebi) for my hg?
PM me please if you can help.

If one of my pokemon has pokerus, and a Power-item (+4 EV per pokemon) How many EV's would I get per 1 EV value pokemon?

Would it be (1+4)x2=10 or (1x2)+4=6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)