Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

Im new and I'm planning on playing the game more seriously. Therefore one of the things I will have to do is get rid of the EV's on my Azelf. I have read about the berries #21-26 and that they remove your (10 for each berry) EV's of one stat. Well, my problem is the following (it's probably rather basic, but I couldnt find it on the web): When I try to give my Azelf the berries, it only gets to hold it. There is no option to "use" the item, like with medicines. So I'd like to know how I will make my pokemon use the berry. Do I have to make poffins out of it?
Help is appreciated, and also an internetpage where I can read about this.
Thanks in advance,

Syn

That's odd. You use the berries like you'd use any other item. Make sure you go through the item menu, not the Pokemon menu.

Mmm, I've seen some sets for Salamence that work as back-up for a Rayquaza in Ubers, and I pondered if a similar thing could be used in OU, with a Dragonite backing up a Salamence. Yet, my creativity with movesets, or even my battling skill, is anything but great, so, I ask if that would be something feasible. Or, even the reverse, having a Salamence backing up a Dragonite, even if that would be something of a waste, as far as I know...
Thanks for the answer.

Also, does anyone know of any upcoming events for people in the US? Will any of these events be giving out any Darkrai, Shaymin, Deoxys, or Mew? What would you say are the chances of events giving away said Pokemon to occur in the US?

Is there any point at Shadow Ball on Azelf, or U-turn is better for opposing Psychics?
Also, is an Electric move on the Scarf set a good idea for a Gyarados revenge killer? Azelf is immune to Arena Trap anyway...

U-Turn is usually better, since Shadow Ball just gives TTar another chance to switch in.
Azelf has better things to do than revenge kill. If you want a Gyarados revenge killer just use something like Zapdos, or Jirachi.

How exactly does mud in the Safari Zone affect capture rates?

When the message reads "____ is beside itself with anger!" rather than "___ is angry!", is its capture rate maxed out?
Do you continue throwing mud after that point to increase the capture rate, or it random indication your raised its capture rate higher than normal?
Does mud increase the capture rate randomly?
Even if the same message is given to you, would one ball of mud raise the rate higher than another, so that a range of x-y gives you a message of "___ is angry!" while a range of y+1 to z gives you "___ is beside itself is angry!"

tl;dr: How exactly does mud in the Safari Zone affect capture rates?

Are OHKO moves (Fissure, Sheer Cold, etc.) generally banned? Or would they be acceptable on a 2v2 team with No Guard Machamp?

If I use Substitute (essentially me losing HP without getting hit or hazarded by the opponent) and I have a Focus Sash on, can I still take a hit directly after the Sub breaks and be saved by the Sash? Can I also do this with Pain Split?

Are OHKO moves (Fissure, Sheer Cold, etc.) generally banned? Or would they be acceptable on a 2v2 team with No Guard Machamp?

If I use Substitute (essentially me losing HP without getting hit or hazarded by the opponent) and I have a Focus Sash on, can I still take a hit directly after the Sub breaks and be saved by the Sash? Can I also do this with Pain Split?

Only if you want Machamp to get owned by OHKO moves. No Guard only affects Machamp and the opponent targeting Machamp. And yes, OHKO moves are generally banned.

No; once you're no longer at full health, Focus Sash fails. I'm not sure what you're asking about Pain Split; just remember that Focus Sash only works if you're at full health (and it hasn't been consumed). You can take a little bit of damage, then heal back to full with something like Pain Split and survive the next move that could have killed you with Focus Sash.

Aren't OHKO moves one target only? That's what they say on the MoveDex.

No Guard only affects moves that are used by Machamp or on Machamp. It doesn't do anything to modify the accuracy of moves used by its allies. The only way to get No Guard Sheer Cold to work is by either Skill Swapping No Guard to something with Sheer Cold or having Machamp use Mimic.

How can I get HG/SS moves on Shoddy Battle? E-Speed Dragonite is everywhere, but I don't get that or any other HG/SS egg/tutor moves like Aromatherapy Clefable, E-Speed Dragonite or Agility Krabby?

First, connect to the Smogon University server, then make your team (from scratch), choosing "Smogon University" if asked to do so. "Standard metagame", which is what you'll see as the only option if you're not connected to a server, does not include HGSS moves (and maybe not even Platinum ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back