Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have a question about Little Cup--shouldn't it be impossible to give a Pokemon more than, say, 110-120 EVs in any given category, since they're only Lv.5, and the vitamins will only take you up to 100?

I know that Shoddy is a battle simulator, but in every other regard, Shoddy attempts to adhere to the rules and mechanics of the actual game.
What I did, where I got nearly all of the EVs I wanted legitimately, was to get five Exp. Shares [trading and migrating] and put them on other members of my party while the level 1 in question was holding a power item and I was able to get over 400 EVs before it got to level 5. Obviously this works better with some stats than others, for instance: level 3 Zubats for speed still give crap for experience divided seven ways (yes seven, the Pokemon that actually killed it received a double share). Heck, if I was willing to switch between all 5 members for each battle I'm sure that I could easily get my 510 investment, but it takes too much time.

i had an odd double idea is it possible to skill swap with a shedinja then switch shedinja out and skill swap to a spirtomb which would be invincible

I know they already answered that you can't Skill Swap Wonder Guard I just wanted to posit that it still wouldn't be invincible. If this WERE possible people would use Pokemon that had the Scrappy ability and knew fighting moves (e.g. Kangaskhan or Miltank) just to take Spiritomb/Sableye out.

can someone help me with desmume pokemon heart gold and pokesav? basically i export backup memory to convert the save file into .sav then edit it in pokesav and then load the save but nothing changes. can anyone help me out?

How come Smogon no longer supports/endorses Netbattle or Netbattle Supremacy?
i dont know the details, but i think its because shoddy battle offer a safer connection or some shit like that, to put it short, even though netbattle got more stuff, shoddy a lot more safe to use.

My jolteon has a hidden power grass, but when i use the HP calculator it says it has electric.. but when i go to the guy in celadon it says its grass.. WTF? spread is
31/25/31/30/31/31... idk and then when i checked on metalkids IV calculator it said i only had 8,9,10 defense points.. wtf is my IV checker broken?

wait i found out that on metalkids IV calculator it says i have HP grass 68 and that my jolteon has a 31/25/10/30/31/31... does taht mean the IV checker glitches sometimes?

wait i found out that on metalkids IV calculator it says i have HP grass 68 and that my jolteon has a 31/25/10/30/31/31... does taht mean the IV checker glitches sometimes?
I don't remember whether this is true, but I read somewhere that Metalkid's IV calculator may not be 100% accurate. I might be wrong though.

thanks but is the AR needed on both ends? and what's the community's(WI-FI players') general view on using rotom-A that way? are teams prepared for it? or it considered somewhat cheap? (most of my competitve experience is from shoddy and shoddy like programs).

Try to type in those IV's in shoddy and see what Hidden Power you get. As far as I know, Shoddy never makes a mistake about Hidden Power

Hmm, could two bulky waters work on the same team... if they perform different tasks?
Like, I might use Milotic as my status absorber/sleep clause eater and Vaporeon as my Wish Passer... could this work?

My jolteon has a hidden power grass, but when i use the HP calculator it says it has electric.. but when i go to the guy in celadon it says its grass.. WTF? spread is
31/25/31/30/31/31... idk and then when i checked on metalkids IV calculator it said i only had 8,9,10 defense points.. wtf is my IV checker broken?
Has the Jolteon EVER battled, or held an EXP Share while other Pokemon battled? If so, it's gained EVs which throws all the calculations off.

thanks but is the AR needed on both ends? and what's the community's(WI-FI players') general view on using rotom-A that way? are teams prepared for it? or it considered somewhat cheap? (most of my competitve experience is from shoddy and shoddy like programs).
The AR is needed on the Rotom Forme user. You must disclose that you are using the code. If you don't say beforehand you're cheating, plain and simple. (Put it in your signature so it's always there and you don't give away whether you're actually running Rotom-A). Not everyone will agree to battle if you're using the code, so I suggest you have a alternative Pokemon for your team - what to use depends on your Rotom-A's role.

Has the Jolteon EVER battled, or held an EXP Share while other Pokemon battled? If so, it's gained EVs which throws all the calculations off.

The AR is needed on the Rotom Forme user. You must disclose that you are using the code. If you don't say beforehand you're cheating, plain and simple. (Put it in your signature so it's always there and you don't give away whether you're actually running Rotom-A). Not everyone will agree to battle if you're using the code, so I suggest you have a alternative Pokemon for your team - what to use depends on your Rotom-A's role.
i see so it's more about the Cheating device than the pokemon itself, that make sense now. still i think some of the newer players (noobs) think that the problem is within the pokemon itself like it's some kind of an unbalanced poke or something.

My friend doesn't understand why Infernape is better than Blaziken. He thinks that Blaziken is the best pokemon ever. Can someone please explain why Infernape is better so I can show him this because he doesn't belive me.

Of course, that's not to say Blaziken doesn't have some advantages. Significantly more Atk may help in wall breaking roles. Also Blaziken gets Baton Pass, along with quite a few boosting moves though not Infernape's Nasty Plot, and will thus fit in on Baton Pass teams.

not in a nutshell: infernape got higher base speed and a bigger movepoool, different from blaziken he learn a reliable grass move to kill bulky waters, the fire types worst enemy, he also get nasty plot and CC, with both on the same set and other 2 special moves you can break all common special walls and sweep with +2 fire blasts, something blaziken cannot do.

in a nutshell:exactly what haunter said, higher speed and wider learnset let him deal with some pokemons more easily, thus he is overall superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)