Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would probably say the Max HP/SpD one, since even with Marvel Scale, physical attacks will likely be doing LOTS of damage, so maximise special bulk to stop mainly special sweepers instead.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to the hack check thread?
I've been trying to do the smogon search button, but it keeps coming up with some random error, and I've been looking around and not yet stumbled upon where it lies.
If there isn't a dedicated thread would I be allowed to post a hack check within this thread, or where would I go to ask for some assistance on determining for different hacks.
The main reason I am asking was because I was recently traded a shiny milotic I have a funny feeling about and can't determine if it is hacked or not by myself, from the fact that I do not have enough experience with determining hacks from non-hacks.

There isn't a hack check thread.

There is software to detect hacks. If you cannot use it yourself, you could ask in the Simple Questions thread in the Wi-Fi forum if someone will check it if you trade it to them. There are stringent limitations on shinies that may make them easier to hack check than non-shiny Pokemon. Merely posting what is visible in-game, however, will only detect the most inexpert of hacks.

Anyone know how many watts it typically takes before I encounter a !!! patch in the pokeradar of the pokewalker? I want to know if I should start a RNG abuse tonight or wait until tomorrow after I have more watts. Currently sitting on about 300 watts.

Anyone know how many watts it typically takes before I encounter a !!! patch in the pokeradar of the pokewalker? I want to know if I should start a RNG abuse tonight or wait until tomorrow after I have more watts. Currently sitting on about 300 watts.
Depends on where you are. Yellow Forest, for example, has a very low chance of "!!!" patches, since that guarantees a Surfchu/Flychu, and those appear 3%/2% of the time respectively. Winner's Path Munchlax has a similar rate. I'm assuming you're trying for one of those three, since you could just use the games normally for everything else the Pokewalker has to offer.

I don't know any numbers, but from personal experience, I've burned through 400+ Watts trying to get a '!!!' in Yellow Forest. When I finally did get one, it ran because I tried evading too much.

If I use a Ditto to transform into a wild pokemon, will its stats in the Summary screen change to match the wild pokemon, while in battle?
No, Ditto keeps it's current stats after transforming.

I'm curious about some torment mechanics.
So I know that if I use encore, then torment, it will force my opponent to either struggle of switch out. Does this work the other way around?
And encore can be replaced with tricking a choice item, right?

Where's the site that has that team type chart thing I see in RMTs?

I know there's one on Marriland, but are there any others?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm curious about some torment mechanics.
So I know that if I use encore, then torment, it will force my opponent to either struggle of switch out. Does this work the other way around?
And encore can be replaced with tricking a choice item, right?
Yes and Yes.

Acid Armour, too.
If it's simply a Caporeon -> Suicune chain, then there's no need. Max out Suicune's HP and Def and that should make it bulky enough on the physical side before using Calm Mind. You really should only be using Acid Armor if nothing else can Baton Pass defence boosts and you're passing to a frail sweeper.

Where's the site that has that team type chart thing I see in RMTs?

I know there's one on Marriland, but are there any others?
Psypokes has one that's less visually stunning.

The number of Watts you have doesn't matter. The Pokemon you find on your Pokewalker is dependent on the number of steps you've taken that day, which resets to 0 at midnight. The number of steps necessary to get a !!! patch depends on the route you're on as well as the Pokemon you put in the 'walker.

For example, getting a Munchlax or Beldum on the Winner's Path route usually requires 8000 steps. This is simply a characteristic of the route; finding a Surfchu in the Yellow Forest requires 9500 steps, while an Onix on the Rugged Road only requires 4000 steps to find. And those numbers are steps in a single day, so if you want a Boomlax, take the dog to the park or something, because it's a long walk. Even once you get the necessary number of steps, you're not guaranteed to get the Pokemon you want, as some are more rare than others.

But you don't have to walk quite that far. Every 'walker route has three "preferred" elemental types associated with it. On the Winner's Path, these are Dark, Electric, and Fighting. If the Pokemon that you take from your game matches one of the preferred types, the number of steps you need to get a certain Pokemon is reduced by 25%. So if you take your Pikachu onto the Winner's Path, you'll only need 6000 steps to reach that Boomlax instead of 8000. You still have to play the rarity game, though.

Does Lickilicky make a good lure in for Tangrowth and Leafeon with Fire Blast?
Probably not, when people see Lickilicky in UU, they think one of two things:
1) AHH IT'S GOING TO EXPLODE!!!
2) It probably has some insane coverage
Because the 2nd one is usually true, Lickilicky does have a very broad movepool which allows it to hit the majority of things it comes across super effectively

Is Hasty an OK nature for Scarf Flygon? Or Naive?

The D/P analysis suggests using Fire Blast over Stone Edge, but doesn't mention using a non-special attack-reducing nature (Only Jolly/Adamant). @_@

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
The reason the analysis doesn't suggest a SpA-neutral nature is because it's not worth reducing your defenses. Fire Blast will 2HKO Skarmory regardless.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Not always. Specially defensive Skarm takes 38.3% - 45.5% from a jolly Flygon's fire blast, so if it has leftovers chances are that it will just stall you with roost until you miss or run out of PP. With a naive nature and no SpA EVs fire blast does 42.5% - 50.3% which gives an almost guaranteed 2hko with SR and leftovers. If anything I'd suggest naive over hasty as Flygon makes a decent switch in into scarf-TTar's stone edges.

i used to run mix flygon in the past before it becomed a set on the analysis, naive>hasty 100% of the time IMO, i saw scizors bullet punching me all day, you wont be taking ice beams and dragon pulses any day so it might be better to keep the defense to take most priority moves, fire blast will 2hko skarmory with a naive nature, like haunter said it can miss if you run jolly(if you got life orb then there is no need to run naive though)

whynot? it can work around NU, with enough evs and a impish nature i am sure he can survive sandslash EQ and kill with metal burst, its pretty gimmick but can get some pokemons by surprise though dont expect to work all time.

For Metal Burst to work you must be slower then your enemy. Therefor I suggest using a Relaxed nature. You could use the Resto-Chesto set on him instead of Sleep Talk. With no attacking moves Bastiodon becomes set up bait. You could solve this by adding Taunt to his moveset. Perhaps you could try Curse as well. Or if you want to him act more as a team player, Stealth Rock is a good option for him as well.

Will Drapion make a good special wall in UU? Its synergy with Weezing is awesome, but its Sp. Def bugs me, even with the Utility Special Defender set.

I'm breeding for a Jolly Trapinch with: x/31/x/31/x/31. I have two Jolly Trapinch parents with the IVs: x/31/x/31/x/31. The male has a Power Bracer and the female has an Everstone.

Is there any other way to guarantee the offspring to be triple flawless better than the method I'm currently using?

Will Drapion make a good special wall in UU? Its synergy with Weezing is awesome, but its Sp. Def bugs me, even with the Utility Special Defender set.
Yeah, it will make a great counter to your opponent's bulky ghosts, if they might be a problem.

I have a question about ev training. I was prepping my guys for the tournament and had the calculations all out. For ex

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Mewtwo

He has pokerus, and a power item to boot. So I start from the bottom ( I don't have money for vitamins) and use my counter to keep track. For example I'm killing Gastly and thats 1 ev, plus 4 from item which is 5 and then times 2 from pokerus and thats 10. So I'm counting in increments of 10 on my counter.

I get all my stats done to the exact number, but when I go to the ribbon lady she says I need more work??? It takes about 10 or 20 more ev points for her to give me the ribbon and this has happened with other pokemon as well. I don't think I'm doing my math wrong..? What could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)