Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only really common fighting moves are Darkrai's focus blast, and Mewtwo's aura sphere. Dialga can also carry it, but prefers fire blast to roast steels. Darkness for sure.
What makes Dark better than Ghost? No immunities? Is Ghost better defensively?

no immunities, since otherwise they hit the same stuff outside of the rare fighting types, of which you will only see infernape, heracross, and primape. Ghost is better defensive for spin blocking and 2 immunities

On which pokemon does Synchronize NOT work to pass on natures? Is it just the roaming pokemon? Or...?
Per Bulbapedia, it won't work in roamers and in one-of gift pokemon such as bebe's eevee and the veilstone porygon in plat. Strangely, it will work in game corner pokemon.

EDIT: sorry, I do have a question of my own. I have a Mild Groudon with very high Atk, SpAt and flawless speed. I was thinking in doing a mixed set, similar to the New Mixmence set. However, I have no idea what should I outrun, and what should be the last move (besides overheat, earth power, eartquake). Should I run rock polish or another coverage move (thunderpunch or dragon claw, I'd guess)? What speed EVs should I run in it?

Playing through Soul Silver and was wondering if I can run from Lugia or something so I can progress through the game and come later to Soft Reset for it?
If you faint it, it'll come back after you beat the Elite Four. (If you've already beaten the Elite Four, it'll come back after you beat the Elite Four again.) This is recommended strategy if you're playing Nuzlocke or if you want to RNG for a good one. (I'm not sure if running has the same effect as fainting, although it seems likely.)

I have more questions. Take note of the 's' :)

• Why doesn't Brine get a mention in the Agility SubPetaya Empoleon set? It has more power provided that you attack after the Petaya Berry boost. The only problem I can see with using it is the PP if I'm not missing anything.
  • [Asked this 2 times already. This is the third time.] So my Emerald cartridge is fake. This means that I can't migrate. If this is so, can I still obtain those pokemon that I can only obtain with the insertion of another pokemon cartridge?
For Example: I already have the National Dex. This means that pokemon obtained through cartidge insertion, such as Gengar, is available. But what if said cartridge is fake? Can I still obtain a wild Gengar?

• How do people obtain more than one copy of Leftovers in the game?
  • Does the ability, Compoundeyes, increase the chance of a wild Pokemon in Safari Zone hold an item?
For now, that's it. Thanks to those who will answer.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

• Why doesn't Brine get a mention in the Agility SubPetaya Empoleon set? It has more power provided that you attack after the Petaya Berry boost. The only problem I can see with using it is the PP if I'm not missing anything.
  • [Asked this 2 times already. This is the third time.] So my Emerald cartridge is fake. This means that I can't migrate. If this is so, can I still obtain those pokemon that I can only obtain with the insertion of another pokemon cartridge?
For Example: I already have the National Dex. This means that pokemon obtained through cartidge insertion, such as Gengar, is available. But what if said cartridge is fake? Can I still obtain a wild Gengar?

• Does the ability, Compoundeyes, increase the chance of a wild Pokemon in Safari Zone hold an item?
1. Brine only doubles in power if you opponent is below half HP, not you. So in almost all cases, Surf is the better choice.

2. Sorry dont know the answer to this one :(

3. Well there is always one in fairly plain sight, but there are ways to get more but they are extremely hard. Any Pokemon with Pick up can pick it up (IF they are level 81 or above, and the chance of picking up leftovers is 1%) and Munchlax and Snorlax always hold it. In DPPt the chance of finding wild Munchlax is 1% and only on certain trees, but you can find wild Munchlax on the Pokewalker.

4. I do not see why it wouldn't. I know for a fact Static increases the chances of finding wild electric pokemon in the Safari Zone, so i dont see why Compoundeyes wouldnt work as well.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Ok, lets get this straight, Brine is double power when the OPPONENT's pokemon is below 50%. For your second question, i doubt it, but i can't be sure. You can obtain leftovers in Victory Road in DPPt, and found via Pickup. In DPPt it is held by wild Munchlax, HGSS wild Snorlax. It can also be obtained in PBR for 7200 Poke Coupons. Yes it increases it, why would it be different for the safari zone?

Just making sure, does Technician boost Paybacks power if Payback moves first?
Yes.

3. Well there is always one in fairly plain sight, but there are ways to get more but they are extremely hard. Any Pokemon with Pick up can pick it up (IF they are level 81 or above, and the chance of picking up leftovers is 1%) and Munchlax and Snorlax always hold it. In DPPt the chance of finding wild Munchlax is 1% and only on certain trees, but you can find wild Munchlax on the Pokewalker.
Thanks for this info. I do have follow-up questions though:

• If I am not mistaken, a pokemon with Pick-up AUTOMATICALLY gets an item every in-game battle, correct?
  • Is there a 100% chance that a wild Munchlax will hold a Leftovers?
  • On a related note, is there the same chance that a Munchlax hatched from an egg will hold a Leftovers?
  • Which "particular" trees are we talking about here?
Sorry if I have SO MUCH questions.

4. I do not see why it wouldn't. I know for a fact Static increases the chances of finding wild electric pokemon in the Safari Zone, so i dont see why Compoundeyes wouldnt work as well.
I just thought that a Croagunk will just keep giving Black Sludge. Oh well, Black Sludge isn't widely used in competitive battles anyway, as the most common Posion-types that would want to wield it are very few.

• If I am not mistaken, a pokemon with Pick-up AUTOMATICALLY gets an item every in-game battle, correct?
No, it has a random chance to find one (can't remember the actual percentage; 10, maybe?)

Yes.

• On a related note, is there the same chance that a Munchlax hatched from an egg will hold a Leftovers?
No, 0% chance.

The honey trees, four of them in each person's game have a chance of Munchlax.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

Sorry if I have SO MUCH questions.

I just thought that a Croagunk will just keep giving Black Sludge. Oh well, Black Sludge isn't widely used in competitive battles anyway, as the most common Posion-types that would want to wield it are very few.

1. Nope
2. Yep
3. Nope, no chance.
4. 4 random trees. Well not random, they are actually determined by your ID/SID. Use this http://projectpokemon.org/games/calculators/munchlaxtrees.php

Is there any way to use the Everstone trick with a Ditto+Bronzong pair? I have a Bronzong with the right nature, and a Ditto with good IVs... will giving the Bronzong an everstone pass on the nature?

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is quite a short question and might seem quite stupid but.... How do I quote someone into my sig? Thanks in advance

Is there any way to use the Everstone trick with a Ditto+Bronzong pair? I have a Bronzong with the right nature, and a Ditto with good IVs... will giving the Bronzong an everstone pass on the nature?
Yes; strangely, that was discovered only this month. (It's only been tested on HGSS as far as I know, so may not work on other games.) Note that passing on nature only has a 50% chance of working.

Playing through Soul Silver and was wondering if I can run from Lugia or something so I can progress through the game and come later to Soft Reset for it?
KO it, it'll be back again after you've beaten the Elite Four. The Kimono Girls do not seem impressed.

Brine has double power when the OPPONENT is below half health.
If when you start your 4th gen game, Migrate from Emerald does not appear, then the Emerald game is not being recognised and dongle mode probably won't work. If Migrate from Emerald DOES appear, dongle mode should work.
Leftovers can be had from the Pickup ability, check Bulbapedia for details. In DPPt wild Muchlax may have them (but they're mega rare anyway). In HGSS they can be stolen from Snorlax, who can then be KOed and rebattled after beating the Elite Four. In DP and Emerald items can be duplicated by a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)