Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naive is generally recommended as most priority in OU is Physical, but it really depends on what you plan on using it to check. If it's just a stand alone sweeper then Naive is usually the better choice.

If it's simply a Caporeon -> Suicune chain, then there's no need. Max out Suicune's HP and Def and that should make it bulky enough on the physical side before using Calm Mind. You really should only be using Acid Armor if nothing else can Baton Pass defence boosts and you're passing to a frail sweeper.
Yes, that sounds reasonable. I've just always liked the idea of ending up with a super-bulky Defence and Sp.Defence x2 Suicune.
I suppose I could try Sub on Suicune. His fourth move (Tailwind) is kind of filler. It's kind of helped me out of a bind, especially in doubles, but more often than not it wears off when I need it most.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about ev training. I was prepping my guys for the tournament and had the calculations all out. For ex

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Mewtwo

He has pokerus, and a power item to boot. So I start from the bottom ( I don't have money for vitamins) and use my counter to keep track. For example I'm killing Gastly and thats 1 ev, plus 4 from item which is 5 and then times 2 from pokerus and thats 10. So I'm counting in increments of 10 on my counter.

I get all my stats done to the exact number, but when I go to the ribbon lady she says I need more work??? It takes about 10 or 20 more ev points for her to give me the ribbon and this has happened with other pokemon as well. I don't think I'm doing my math wrong..? What could be the problem?
EVs Max Out at 510, 508 just happens to be the closest divisible by 4 number. People leave out the 2 extra EVs.

I'm breeding for a Jolly Trapinch with: x/31/x/31/x/31. I have two Jolly Trapinch parents with the IVs: x/31/x/31/x/31. The male has a Power Bracer and the female has an Everstone.

Is there any other way to guarantee the offspring to be triple flawless better than the method I'm currently using?
No, as far as I know. I've been in the same situation and even using Power items on both parents, the odds of the offspring getting the desired IVs seemed to be about a 5% chance (just going by my own results). With some offspring, the Power items seemingly didn't even work at all, giving entirely random IVs. The best way seems to be your method: with using just one Power item, the offspring should be guarenteed that IV.

Btw, it appears Everstone Nature passing works with males:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5667076

Good luck.

Is there any good method to getting a Lucky Egg in Platinum?

Also, can someone point me out to that applet that lets you see which Pokemon resist certain attacking combinations? I've Googled with no results; I know Haunter (or someone) posted it earlier in this thread but I'd rather not skim through pages of answers and questions.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In HGSS, If you want to 'collect' trainers to battle in the Trainer House in Viridian City, can you get more than one trainer with the same trainer ID?

To elaborate, if you connect with another trainer on the Pokewalker, then leave, come back and connect again, do you get two different trainers in the trainer house?

In HGSS, If you want to 'collect' trainers to battle in the Trainer House in Viridian City, can you get more than one trainer with the same trainer ID?

To elaborate, if you connect with another trainer on the Pokewalker, then leave, come back and connect again, do you get two different trainers in the trainer house?
Just to clarify, you want to connect to a PokeWalker to get the Trainer in the Trainer House, leave the TH, come back, connect again to the same Trainer, and see if it's a different Trainer? From what I understand, that doesn't work. My friend and I connect on a daily basis, and there's only ever one Trainer, the team is just updated by what they last had.

Also, can someone point me out to that applet that lets you see which Pokemon resist certain attacking combinations? I've Googled with no results; I know Haunter (or someone) posted it earlier in this thread but I'd rather not skim through pages of answers and questions.
Edit@Antar: I wonder why it took so long for it to be considered ...

Edit@PhredLevi: Yeah, that's what I was going to do, but I'm just grinding for the E4 so no PokeRadar for me yet. Thanks though.

Lead with a fainted compoundeyes Pokemon in 1st and a Frisk/Thief Pokemon in second, and then chain Chansey with the Pokeradar.
The southern part of route 209 has a nice large patch of grass that is optimal for chaining in.

yes and no. darkrie is very common, however, outside of him, dark types are rarely used. many of them are mediocre or outclassed. Outside of darkrie, weavile would really be the only one you would ever see.

yes and no. darkrie is very common, however, outside of him, dark types are rarely used. many of them are mediocre or outclassed. Outside of darkrie, weavile would really be the only one you would ever see.
You're obviously forgetting Tyranitar, and maybe the occasional Umbreon, that's about it though

So why does the Deoxys-S analysis say "Dark-heavy Uber metagame"? Just for trying to make Psychic look bad (again)?

Also, is it true to say Darkrai benefits from it's Dark-typing? Is it also true Mewtwo mainly uses Aura Sphere, that is resisted by the ultra-common Psychic-type, ot revenge-kill it wiothout the use of Choice Scarf?

So why does the Deoxys-S analysis say "Dark-heavy Uber metagame"? Just for trying to make Psychic look bad (again)?

Also, is it true to say Darkrai benefits from it's Dark-typing?
Thank you to master ball to reminding me of tyranitar. As for your first question, I'm not sure. Pherhaps check with the person who wrote the analasys?
As for the second question, yes, it does, since half the tier is psychic types, plus girantina, it has super effective hits on most of the tier.

Again, is Darkrai the main target of Mewtwo's Aura Sphere?
Also, is it true Fighting moves are uncommon in Ubers due to the amount of Psychics, as well as several Ghosts?

Oh, and while they are almost similar, what would preffered offensively, Ghost or Dark?

Again, is Darkrai the main target of Mewtwo's Aura Sphere?
Also, is it true Fighting moves are uncommon in Ubers due to the amount of Psychics, as well as several Ghosts?

Oh, and while they are almost similar, what would preffered offensively, Ghost or Dark?
The only really common fighting moves are Darkrai's focus blast, and Mewtwo's aura sphere. Dialga can also carry it, but prefers fire blast to roast steels. Darkness for sure.

Okay, I am trying to get a specific pokemon that needs a lot of steps on the pokewalker, and I am just not getting it. I keep getting the same ones over and over. I have over 10000 steps.

I heard there was some method to change how the pokemon are determined on the thing by returning from a stroll? Do you just turn in your gifts or return your pokemon back to reset it? If I return from a stroll, does it reset the step counter? I don't want to walk 10000 more steps, it's painful! :)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I am trying to get a specific pokemon that needs a lot of steps on the pokewalker, and I am just not getting it. I keep getting the same ones over and over. I have over 10000 steps.

I heard there was some method to change how the pokemon are determined on the thing by returning from a stroll? Do you just turn in your gifts or return your pokemon back to reset it? If I return from a stroll, does it reset the step counter? I don't want to walk 10000 more steps, it's painful! :)
You have to return your Pokemon every time you want to find new Pokemon. If you return from a stroll, the step counter doesn't change but the Watts get transfered over, which means that you'll have to walk more anyway.

Playing through Soul Silver and was wondering if I can run from Lugia or something so I can progress through the game and come later to Soft Reset for it?

Playing through Soul Silver and was wondering if I can run from Lugia or something so I can progress through the game and come later to Soft Reset for it?
I haven't tried it myself, but when I accidentally beat Ho-Oh the first time, the Kimono Girls told me he'd come back if I wanted.
So... yes?

Does anyone know if any of the Kanto starters are useful for breeding any good egg moves onto competitive Pokémon? I need to get Kyogre in my HG game, but need to choose my Kanto starter before I do so, and am wondering if I should bother RNGing for one of them, since none of them are that great in OU/ubers.

What is the best item to use when ev training an impish combee into a vespiquen? looking for high health and defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)