Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucario learns Magic Coat? Huh?

Greetings!

I have a question about Lucaro's move-set. I see on the internet in various places, including this one, that Lucario is able to learn Magic Coat. However, for whatever reason, I am unable to teach this move to Lucario via move tutor. I've had other people attempt to do it as well, but without any success. Another person tried to give Lucario Magic Coat via unnatural means (Pokesav) and tested it by trying to send it though the Nintendo GTS. The Lucario was rejected because it had this move.

Now I notice this move is listed on the Lucario tactic pages on this site, such as on the Lead set. However, I am completely baffled on how the creator of the Lucario set-up was able to give Magic Coat to Lucario to even suggest it.

Could somebody please explain how it is done? I'd love a Lucario with Magic Coat. Thanks very much! :D

Greetings!

I have a question about Lucaro's move-set. I see on the internet in various places, including this one, that Lucario is able to learn Magic Coat. However, for whatever reason, I am unable to teach this move to Lucario via move tutor. I've had other people attempt to do it as well, but without any success. Another person tried to give Lucario Magic Coat via unnatural means (Pokesav) and tested it by trying to send it though the Nintendo GTS. The Lucario was rejected because it had this move.

Now I notice this move is listed on the Lucario tactic pages on this site, such as on the Lead set. However, I am completely baffled on how the creator of the Lucario set-up was able to give Magic Coat to Lucario to even suggest it.

Could somebody please explain how it is done? I'd love a Lucario with Magic Coat. Thanks very much! :D
Lucario gets Magic Coat from a move tutor in HeartGold or SoulSilver. It seems to me that you were probably using Platinum/Diamond/Pearl for all of this, so Lucario didn't yet have Magic Coat, so it wasn't legal for the GTS yet either.

Lucario gets Magic Coat from a move tutor in HeartGold or SoulSilver. It seems to me that you were probably using Platinum/Diamond/Pearl for all of this, so Lucario didn't yet have Magic Coat, so it wasn't legal for the GTS yet either.
I figured this too, so I had traded my Lucario to others with HG/SS so they could teach it the move. However they all said that the tutor refused to teach my Lucario the move. I told them all he should be able to do it, but again, no success. Could you possibly tell me exactly where in the game, when, and how you can teach this move to Lucario so I can pass the information on to my friends? We are all equally confused, haha! Thanks again very much for your time and patience.

I figured this too, so I had traded my Lucario to others with HG/SS so they could teach it the move. However they all said that the tutor refused to teach my Lucario the move. I told them all he should be able to do it, but again, no success. Could you possibly tell me exactly where in the game, when, and how you can teach this move to Lucario so I can pass the information on to my friends? We are all equally confused, haha! Thanks again very much for your time and patience.
Um Frontier Front, in a house with 3 men. You can teach it anytime and costs 32 Battle Points.

Um Frontier Front, in a house with 3 men. You can teach it anytime and costs 32 Battle Points.
Ok, so I went to the house and I'm looking though the list. The bald guy on the left has the following moves to teach Lucario:

Fury Cutter
Ice Punch
Vaccum Wave
Thunder Punch
Zen Headbutt

The one on the top right has the following:

Mud-Slap
Iron Defense
Low Kick

The one on the bottom right has the following:

Snore
Helping Hand
Role Play
Magnet Rise
Swift

I'm not seeing it, none of these guys has the move Magic Coat. What am I doing wrong? :(

It should be the bottom right guy, but I think you're right. Based on Bulbapedia's list, I grabbed a few of my Pokémon who should be able to learn Magic Coat. Whilst Latias, Hypno and Clefairy could learn it no problem, it didn't show up for Golduck, Gengar or Tauros. Weird...

Ok, so I went to the house and I'm looking though the list. The bald guy on the left has the following moves to teach Lucario:

Fury Cutter
Ice Punch
Vaccum Wave
Thunder Punch
Zen Headbutt

The one on the top right has the following:

Mud-Slap
Iron Defense
Low Kick

The one on the bottom right has the following:

Snore
Helping Hand
Role Play
Magnet Rise
Swift

I'm not seeing it, none of these guys has the move Magic Coat. What am I doing wrong? :(
After double-checking across multiple Pokémon, it's the lower right guy who has Magic Coat, but it doesn't look like he gives it out to Lucario or Riolu.
I guess we were misinformed.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Should leadGross use Zen Headbutt?
No. Pretty poor coverage. Machamp is beaten with lum berry regardless, and will not be OHKOed all of the time by Zen Headbutt. Infernape is best left to EQ. It fails to do enough to Azelf, other metagross, jirachi, heatran and others. I would stick to SR/Meteor Mash or EQ/Bullet punch/Explosion

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's make this quick
Need a bit of team help: Style = Stall
Team
Lead Pert with Roar
Spikes Skarmory with Roar
Celebi with Heal Bell
TormentTran
Wish passing Latias with Roar
AgiliGross with T-Punch

Been considering placing Rotom-H over Heatran so I have a spin blocker and Forretress over Skarm. Concerns about that are the loss of Roar and the lack of a Toxic Spikes absorber. Swampert no likey.

With concerns to Forry I could fit Spikes and T-Spikes on the same set since Rapid Spin is not really necessary for this team.
I'm thinking with Payback and Explosion.
Anybody have suggestions?
Second quote to new page. Anyone?

No. Pretty poor coverage. Machamp is beaten with lum berry regardless, and will not be OHKOed all of the time by Zen Headbutt. Infernape is best left to EQ. It fails to do enough to Azelf, other metagross, jirachi, heatran and others. I would stick to SR/Meteor Mash or EQ/Bullet punch/Explosion
SO why is it recommended on AgiliGross? And isn't Occa Berry superior to protect me from Heatran and Infernape, as well as Dialga in Ubers?
Also, would Reflect or Light Screen work on the lead set? What about SR/Reflect/Taunt/Shadow Ball Deoxys-S to prepare a CM sweep?

Okay I recently heard about the alleged Ditto glitch in HGSS which can apparently pass down egg moves if when transformed and uses Rage, permanently copies moves onto it. Combining this with a smeargle and heartscales and you could TECHNICALLY breed pokemon with impossible movesets (Spikes + Sleep Powder Roserade)

However I'm questioning whether this can be considered legit or not, unless it's a matter of your own morals or if no one cares.

It's not legit; for example, you're not allowed to do it in Nintendo's VGC tournament, and most people would be upset if you used it to play against them. It's also not being allowed on shoddy.

SO why is it recommended on AgiliGross? And isn't Occa Berry superior to protect me from Heatran and Infernape, as well as Dialga in Ubers?
Also, would Reflect or Light Screen work on the lead set? What about SR/Reflect/Taunt/Shadow Ball Deoxys-S to prepare a CM sweep?
because it can ohko min/min rotom and that is the single reason to ever consider zen headbutt on metagross. cant help with the second one though since the lead job depend on the team needs.(btw occa is not useful on agigross, after agi he outspeed heatran and infernape and he need the life orb power, leftovers is there only for some bulkness but its not really useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)