Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Scizor and Jolteon would work well. Especially Jolteon. If they don't need to take advantage of it, then Bronzong works well as well, especially in Doubles.
In what kind of bizarro universe is Jolteon bulky?

The only idea I've come up with on my own is Magnezone. It's pretty bulky, can set up rain and those Thunders would HURT. Concerned about the slowness of the thing though.

In case it helps, the team is currently:

Toxicroak (rain starter)
Floatzel (death machine, rain boosted Waterfall hits like a truck)
Roserade (special sweeper, walls grass attacks I see headed Floatzel's way)
Spiritomb (DOES. NOT. DIE. Burns enemies, and their PP)

First priority is replacing Toxicroak. Roserade doesn't really fit here too well either.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Ah. Bulky. Reading is good.

Anyway, way are you not using Kingdra? It is better than Floatzel (however cliched), but as for Toxicroak, Zone works but I would go with Bronzong. Bronzong is great for it, because it is very bulky, has essentially no weakness under rain, and can Explode if necessary. Scizor is still an option, and works similarly. It is also kind of weird that you have so few Water Pokemon on a rain team. Things like Ludicolo would helpa lot as well. It could take the place of Roserade.

I hope that helps, even if the first didn't.

Ah. Bulky. Reading is good.

Anyway, way are you not using Kingdra? It is better than Floatzel (however cliched), but as for Toxicroak, Zone works but I would go with Bronzong. Bronzong is great for it, because it is very bulky, has essentially no weakness under rain, and can Explode if necessary. Scizor is still an option, and works similarly. It is also kind of weird that you have so few Water Pokemon on a rain team. Things like Ludicolo would helpa lot as well. It could take the place of Roserade.

I hope that helps, even if the first didn't.
Well, the team was cobbled together from stuff I've raised and traded for, so that limits my choices. Floatzel's the only Swift Swimmer I have as of now. Main reason for hardly any Water is that Floatzel's my only physical water, and I'm not really sure how to work special water in doubles, since Surf hits your ally and Hydro Pump is too risky for me, so there's a problem. I do have a Scarf Wailord with Water Spout (and Selfdestruct) though.

Reasons for no Kingdra are that I don't have one, I've never liked the thing, and that I can't figure out how I'd work it. Physically, other than Waterfall it only really has Outrage, which knowing my luck would more often hit the wrong enemy, and I'd have to get it out of there when the confusion kicks in. I already detailed my problems with special water in doubles, and I can't do mixed stuff to save my life.

On Scizor: Honestly not a fan. Can't work the thing, I tried once.

On Bronzong: So it gets the rain up. Then what does it do? At least when Spiritomb walls stuff it hurts them with burns and sometimes confusion.

On Ludicolo: Stalling buddy for Spiritomb with Rain Dish and Leech Seed? Or offensive? Come to think of it, a Swords Dance one could take Floatzel's spot, although it's much slower than Floatzel.

Sorry for kinda sucking at this. I've never really been good at making teams, most of the time they're just a bunch of misfits all doing their own thing. I mean seriously, the high point of teamwork in my doubles teams is the old "EQ with an airborne ally" trick.

I was traded a Celebi today that was supposedly RNGed, from the most recent movie event in Japan.

It failed two different hack checkers (legal.exe/pAC). Does this mean it's hacked? These are the only two things I know of to hack-check.

Legal.exe said:
Checksum: 0xC337 - Valid
Pokemon ID: 4204466140 - Modest, Genderless, Ability 1, Not Shiny
Date: July 16, 2010
IVs: 30,6,31,30,30,31
Trainer ID: 7100
Secret ID: 38491
Trainer Gender: Female
Hidden Power: Fire - 70
Fateful Encounter - Yes
Gender Check: Valid
Effort Values: Valid
Nicknamed: No
Home Town: Johto [Heart Gold]
Country Originated: Japan
Trash Bytes: Valid
Type: Hacked or Unknown Pokemon

pAC said:
PID FA9B0FDC
IV 3FEF7CDE
This Pokemon is cheated

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
So if two good hack checks both say it's hacked, your question is? I'd say that it should be pretty obvious that it is hacked.

Yes, but is it saying it's hacked because of Nasty Plot+it not knowing how Celebi is obtained in Gen 4? I'm willing to give it a chance, I don't know how to do a 100% Hack Check like some of the people here.

pAC says not to use it anyway, so it probably shouldn't be trusted I imagine.

Yes, but is it saying it's hacked because of Nasty Plot+it not knowing how Celebi is obtained in Gen 4? I'm willing to give it a chance, I don't know how to do a 100% Hack Check like some of the people here.

pAC says not to use it anyway, so it probably shouldn't be trusted I imagine.
I do know that some wondercard pokemon fail hack checks since their nature is generated independently of their IVs and consequently of the PID. Not sure if this would be the case, but just felt the info may be useful.

i'm new to this forum, and endlish isn't my first language too

can i ask a very simple question, how many admins in smogon and what are their name, cuz i found there re so many of them :P :)

I was traded a Celebi today that was supposedly RNGed, from the most recent movie event in Japan.

It failed two different hack checkers (legal.exe/pAC). Does this mean it's hacked? These are the only two things I know of to hack-check.

Legal.exe said:
Checksum: 0xC337 - Valid
Pokemon ID: 4204466140 - Modest, Genderless, Ability 1, Not Shiny
Date: July 16, 2010
IVs: 30,6,31,30,30,31
Trainer ID: 7100
Secret ID: 38491
Trainer Gender: Female
Hidden Power: Fire - 70
Fateful Encounter - Yes
Gender Check: Valid
Effort Values: Valid
Nicknamed: No
Home Town: Johto [Heart Gold]
Country Originated: Japan
Trash Bytes: Valid
Type: Hacked or Unknown Pokemon

pAC said:
PID FA9B0FDC
IV 3FEF7CDE
This Pokemon is cheated
Wait a minute... Is this Celebi the one that is full redis around here?

I think it's fully redis. The point being why is it failing legal checks even? If Exie is so well respected I'd like an explanation.
I believe hack checkers tend to have problems with event stuff, since they're generated differently.

On a different note, any more advice for me regarding my lame attempt at a rain team (see previous page)?

Hi I'm trying to catch a good Giratina in Platinum and I have a question reguarding Hidden Power Fire. Now the max speed value for Giratina-O is 114. But with Hidden Power Fire, itll have a 30 speed IV so I should shoot for 113 speed right?

Think so... with a speed bossting nature, level 47 Giratina with 30 speed IV has 113 speed stat. (Though, so does a 29 speed IV one, so you might have that one instead.)

Two simple questions:

If I use the Gracidea flower on my Shaymin to transform it to it's Sky forme and it learns Air Slash, will it lose Air Slash when it transforms back at the end of the day? If so, is there a move that replaces it in that slot?

If my Skarmory was taught Roost through TM, can I breed that move to Aerodactyl even though Aero doesn't learn it as an Egg Move per se?(it learns Roost by TM as well, FYI)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two simple questions:

If I use the Gracidea flower on my Shaymin to transform it to it's Sky forme and it learns Air Slash, will it lose Air Slash when it transforms back at the end of the day? If so, is there a move that replaces it in that slot?

If my Skarmory was taught Roost through TM, can I breed that move to Aerodactyl even though Aero doesn't learn it as an Egg Move per se?(it learns Roost by TM as well, FYI)
Shaymin will retain Air Slash at night.

To get Roost onto Aerodactyl you have to get another copy of the TM, breeding won't do anything. Disregard this, this is what happens when you don't get enough sleep folks.

To get Roost onto Aerodactyl you have to get another copy of the TM, breeding won't do anything.
Wrong. The game doesn't differentiate between a TM-taught move and a level-up-taught same move. As long as it's a move that the baby can learn through a TM, it'll have it. Event moves pass too, so a male Flying Pikachu (not quite an event but you know what I'm getting at, and HMs work the same as TMs) would spawn baby Farfetch'd's (yes, Farfetch'd shares the Ground egg group with Pikachu) that already know Fly.

I'm amazed that there's long-time players who still don't understand TM passing, it's been the same ever since the introduction of breeding.

Also, asking again for advice on my attempt at a rain team (on previous page).

Well, the team was cobbled together from stuff I've raised and traded for, so that limits my choices. Floatzel's the only Swift Swimmer I have as of now. Main reason for hardly any Water is that Floatzel's my only physical water, and I'm not really sure how to work special water in doubles, since Surf hits your ally and Hydro Pump is too risky for me, so there's a problem.
You could use abilities like Water Absorb and Dry Skin to get around the Surf problem. For instance, you could start out with Toxicroak and Ludicolo; have Toxicroak Fake Out one of the opponents, whilst Ludicolo uses Rain Dance. Since Fake Out is stopping one of them from moving Ludicolo (or whatever you use) should be able to do so without dying. Then Ludicolo can keep using Surf, healing up Toxicroak, whilst Toxicroak attacks with Fighting and Poison moves. (Or anything similar... Lapras and Vaporeon both Surfing to heal each other, for instance.) Or just use Protect, which should be a staple move on a doubles team anyway.

If you don't like Kingdra for a physical swift swimmer, how about Swift Swim Kabutops? Rock Slide is a nice STAB move that hits both opponents with a good flinch chance. Qwilfish is also an option, with its access to Explosion. (Switch to Spiritomb as it goes boom and kills off two opponents at once is the ideal here.)

How does Wailord learn Selfdestruct? i looked all through serebii.net and i couldnt find any possible way for wailord to learn the attack. there is no move tutor, there is no xd or collesseum, there is no special breeding thing for it, there is no way to teach wailord selfdestruct. unless i am over looking something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)