Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

On PBR, I know that Mysterial uses different teams depending upon whether you've synched your file with a Diamond game or a Pearl game. What about Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver?

EDIT: I believe the answers are:
Platinum (ID ends in odd number) - Diamond team
Platinum (ID ends in even number) - Pearl team
HeartGold - Diamond team
SoulSilver - Pearl team

Can someone please confirm this?

Is Pokesav considered a legal hack or illegal hack?
Pokesav can be used for both 'legal' and 'illegal' hacks. Legal hacks basically means you make Pokemon with real limitations of its stats (as in not more than its max stat/more than 510 EVs..etc). Likewise, illegal hacks refer to those with boosted stats (like a Charizard having 404 HP).

Cipher Admin Lovrina:

Yes. Counter and Mirror Coat are not excluded from being chosen by Sleep Talk: "Doesn't choose the following: Sleep Talk, Copycat, Assist, Me First, Metronome, Mirror Move, Focus Punch, Uproar, Chatter, Bide, any two-turn move, any move the user cannot choose for use, or a move with zero PP."

Why doesn't anyone care about Regigigas? Even if you ignore what its ability does to its physical attacking capabilities, it still has 110/110/110 defenses and access to the always useful Knock Off, as well as Gravity and the common Thunder Wave and Toxic; and on top of that his special attacking side isn't TOO bad, which means you can still fire some Thunderbolts or Earth Powers. The only big downside, I believe, is the lack of recovery or scouting moves, but maybe the former can be fixed with some Wish support.

Because Normal is a bad defensive type and, unlike Blissey (or Chansey in UU), Reggigigas doesn't have the ridiculous Defense/HP and healing combination. Also his support movepool is terrible.

Last question of the day :)
Sleep Talk Milotic in the analysis uses a Calm nature with 252 HP/200 Defense/56 Special Defense... Is this spread viable in OU, too, or do such stats only work on UU offensive threats? If not, what's the best ev spread for a calm Milotic in OU?

Urgent help wanted! Dx
Though this may not fit the bill on being a "simple question," I'm desperate for a quick answer!

I have an important battle tomorrow, and I need to select a definite 6th member!
It's likely that my opponent will be playing stall with many Steels...

I have a lead Aerodactyl accompanied by Rotom to deal with Swampert/Metagross leads. Defensive Rotom-H (with Discharge & HP Fighting), Wish Vaporeon, and Offensive Pursuit Snorlax make up the iron triangle. Any Gengar/Starmie after Rotom/Vaporeon see Snorlax's Pursuit. Enemy MixApes let loose on Snorlax have Close Combat hit air when Rotom comes in. Vaporeon takes MixApe's Flamethrower and threatens to kill it with Surf. Being light, Grass Knot doesn't hurt Vaporeon too much. ;D

My own MixApe helps Snorlax by deterring Steels. Snorlax helps Infernape by covering Gengar and Starmie, much like for Vaporeon and Rotom.
To soften the beatings and residual damage for key members like Snorlax, there's Wish to be passed around. :)

I think the core is pretty solid; however, opposing Rotoms worry me. D: What should I do? Infernape's Flamethrower hurts it, but Infernape is fairly fragile...

I was thinking about New MixMence to OHKO with LO Draco Meteor, though it bothers me to risk taking a Burn. Perhaps SpecsMence? It does have a surprise factor, launching super-powered Draco Meteors like America dropping nuclear bombs.

So, how would you use the 6th slot? :D Perhaps there is something even better than Salamence on your mind? :P Maybe Celebi for its Natural Cure? Natural Cure Starmie with HP Dark? xD I really need some advice here!

If i breed a female timid houndour w/ everstone with a ditto, will the increased chance of the egg being timid work?

what about using ditto w/ everstone to transfer nature when bred with a male pokemon?

If i breed a female timid houndour w/ everstone with a ditto, will the increased chance of the egg being timid work?

what about using ditto w/ everstone to transfer nature when bred with a male pokemon?
For your first question, yes in HGSS, no in earlier versions.
Ditto with an everstone will transfer nature 50% of the time in all 4th generation games, regardless of the genders involved, so yes for your second question.

@Piccolo

Nothing on your team is all that fast, except your suicide lead. A fast revenge killer would be a good addition. You could even make it something with a Dark-type move to handle Rotom. Since you are also fairly weak to Salamence/Dragonite right now, you might consider Weavile to cover all of the above. A Choice Band Ice Shard will OHKO even a max/max Dragonite after Stealth Rock, so Salamence has no chance. Night Slash will also OHKO most builds of Rotom-A. This would further allow you to surprise him by having two Pursuit users. And yet still, Low Kick will deal significant damage to many of the bulky Steel-types you expect him to use (and you could even swap it for Brick Break if you think he will use screens).

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Is there a reason for the recent switch from every set that gets a 252/252 spread switching the last 4 EVs from Def to SpD? Not that it really matters, but I'm really curious.

For an in-game team, which ability should I use on Arbok? I plan to use an Arbok in SoulSilver and wanted to know which ability is better for in-game.

For those with European, North American, and Australian Gen IV games, a Jirachi is currently downloadable over Wi-Fi, from June 26 to July 16! It comes in a Cherish Ball with a Liechi Berry at level 5, and knows the moves Wish, Confusion, Rest, and Draco Meteor.

Does this have random or set ivs and nature? I'm assuming random. I'm not exactly familiar with how this all works, as I've never obtained anything from wonder card before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)