Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Are some natures more common than others in wild pokemon? I've been catching male Marills like crazy to find an adamant one and out of about 50, Timid and Careful appear way more than any others. Was just wondering if it was chance or not.
If the first pokemon in your party has the synchronize ability, the pokemon you encounter have a 50% chance of matching the synchronize pokemons nature.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/synchronize

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why is Machamp not Uber? Nothing can safely switch in and there is nothing that is a true counter.
Slowbro, Spiritomb, etc etc. Plus it's slow as fuck if it has no Sub meaning it'll get hit hard.

Nothing can safely switch into Mixnite let's ban that! Terrible logic.

The three definitions of uber are:

Offensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Defensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Support Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.

I dont think anyone can make any sort of arguement for defensive or support clauses, which leaves offensive. While Machamp is a very formidable physical attacker, hes walled relatively well by very common pokemon like skarmory and forretress.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43566

How does the Vs. Seeker work, game mechanic wise?

I mean, does the game have a formula for calculating who will want to battle me? Or will it change every time I leave that area then return to it? Meaning I can just leave then come back until the guys with the Gyarados' and Chanseys respond to it.

Quoted from this thread:
You must use your forum nickname as your Shoddy Battle nickname in order to play.
For the future, does this mean that if your forum nickname is already registered by someone else on the Smogon shoddy server, you must change your forum nickname in order to participate? This is the case for me.

I'm really lazy when it comes to pokemon, and I dont know how to use RNG
I've always wanted to use a shiny on my in-game team, and I recently caught a shiny Slowpoke. I also always wanted to use a slowbro in game, so I thought this worked out perfectly. There's only one problem:

It's Timid

Should I just use this shiny slowpoke, or should i look for a non-shiny one with a different nature (such as modest or bold)
Posting my question for the third time, as its never been answered

haunter

Banned deucer.
go for a non shiny one with an usable nature, timid on Slowpoke is really a waste of stats as you're not going to outspeed anything with both Slowbro and Slowking, they're named "slow" for a reason.

For in-game proposes, what text is shown for each Plate? I wanted to gather them all together, but never got around doing it.

Yay Bulbapedia. Apparently once you get the ninth it loops back from the beginning, which is kind of lame.

If you use Beat Up on your partner in a double battle, it still joins in, right?
Yes, your partner will join in on the Beat Up and attack itself. Bonersahoy said that it would hit the user, which is not right. I have checked this and confirmed it in-game.

Junk said:
Alright so I don't know how many people in here play Safari Zone in HGSS, but...

So there's a chart that deems after how long a block in the Safari zone levels up here -> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Johto_Safari_Zone#Block_upgrades

However, what I want to know is this: After that amount of time of a certain block being present in a Safari Zone area (e.g. Plain blocks won't level up if a Plain block isn't present), does the individual block level up, or do all of the blocks of that type level up? For example, let's say that I put a Plains block in an area, and the block has a value of 1. After 10 days, it will level up and have a value of 2. If I then put in 29 more Plains blocks, will it count as 29+2 = 31 blocks, or will it count as 2 + 2(29) = 60? I'm utterly confused about this matter, as I haven't found a place yet that has clarified this issue.
Reposting my earlier question.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ Junk: As I understand it, you would have 29 + 2*1 = 31 blocks, and I cannot imagine that anything else would actually make sense. Just put them there from the beginning.

@ Manav95: While I have never claimed to be a good battler, many people post warstories (which inevitably are pretty bad) from their first week of battling, which show they are already solid. It really just depends on the person, but remember that people have been battling for years here.

And also,

Defensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.
Lol blissey much. Only every special attacker ever.

Is Deoxys-S simply named デオキシス-S in the Japanese competitive community or they use the full and rather long デオキシススピードフォルム name (which means "Deoxys Speed Form")?
Asking the same for Rotom-CHFWS, Deoxys-ADS, Wormadam-GS, Shaymin-S and Giratina-O.

If gengar switches while tyranitar is sleeping, and on the turn he switches tyranitar wakes up and uses a pursuit, should it have hit gengar?
No. If you switch while Tyranitar is asleep and trying to use Pursuit, I'm pretty sure it'd say "Tyranitar is fast asleep" at the same moment it'd say "Tyranitar used Pursuit" if he was awake. If he wakes up, he uses Pursuit in who's switching out

I have a Calm Squirtle and a Bold Squirtle--both have Seismic Toss, Mirror Coat, and Counter... does anybody have a good spread/moveset for them? Would Calm or Bold be better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)