Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I will do that Athenodoros, after i master iv breeding. I assume RNGing is only possible in the ds games?

I found something that really interests me in the iv breeding guide. A list of what pokemon would look like at level 5 with a 31 iv.

This is exactly what i need to move on from this once and for all.. But how accurate is it?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Very accurate...Considering who wrote the guide.

But one problem is that the stats are for level 5, & at that level, the IV's don't really affect the stats as much as they do at level 100, at Level 100, 1 extra IV represents an increase of that stat by 1, but at Level 5, 1 extra IV doesn't make that much of a difference at all.

If by mastering IV breeding you mean to breed things by soft-resetting, but you are going to learn about RNGing later on, then you might as well learn how to RNG sooner rather than later. Breeding for a Modest Ralts with 31/x/31/31/31/31 by soft-resetting will take you at least several weeks, if not months, if you are lucky, whereas breeding it via RNGing won't take more than a few hours even if you start off with no good parents.

Very accurate...Considering who wrote the guide.

But one problem is that the stats are for level 5, & at that level, the IV's don't really affect the stats as much as they do at level 100, at Level 100, 1 extra IV represents an increase of that stat by 1, but at Level 5, 1 extra IV doesn't make that much of a difference at all.
This is really confusing.

So you're saying its totally accurate but, If say Ralt's stat has the number indicated in list, he has a perfect 31 iv right? Totally accurate right?

Or are you saying that at level 5, it is impossible to see a true 31 iv because the stats are not affected enough at that level?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is really confusing.

So you're saying its totally accurate but, If say Ralt's stat has the number indicated in list, he has a perfect 31 iv right? Totally accurate right?

Or are you saying that at level 5, it is impossible to see a true 31 iv because the stats are not affected enough at that level?
He meant the guide is accurate. The IVs you get from that method are just estimations.

He meant the guide is accurate. The IVs you get from that method are just estimations.
Pretty good estimations though, im assuming? Like how they wouldn't be too far off?

Ok i looked up RNGing and its just not my thing. I see roughly how it works, messing with the games numbers generator by pressing a button at an exact second that we all know leads to x nature and x iv spead. Cool, but again not my thing. Especially in Emerald, where it looks really hard.

So i'll stick to the soft reset breeding im doing.

Can I run away from Lugia in soul silver using the smoke ball or a pokemon with run away?

If so, will it respawn once I defeat the elite four?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Are you sure you are checking in the right place? There is a little circular symbol when you go to the Pokemon's screen in your party.

Is it possible to acquire a flawless IV legendary in any version through RNG means? I've been seeing flawless IV'd legendaries in the Wi-fi section, but I remember that some legendaries in Shoddy Battle were restricted from flawless IVs for some reason. Either that, or I'm mistaken about how this works.

If a Scyther has Swarm and I trade it with a Metal Coat, will there be a chance that its ability changes to Technician? More generally, can Pokemon change abilities through trade evolutions, not only level-up evolutions?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is it possible to acquire a flawless IV legendary in any version through RNG means? I've been seeing flawless IV'd legendaries in the Wi-fi section, but I remember that some legendaries in Shoddy Battle were restricted from flawless IVs for some reason. Either that, or I'm mistaken about how this works.

If a Scyther has Swarm and I trade it with a Metal Coat, will there be a chance that its ability changes to Technician? More generally, can Pokemon change abilities through trade evolutions, not only level-up evolutions?
It is possible to get flawless legends. They can be Timid, Modest, Calm or Docile

Pokemon change abilities only if they come from a generation where the ability was determined as different than the one in the new game. The new game changes it to what it would normally be in the new game. This is all done through the PID.

The answer though is that if that condition is true, it doesn't matter how you evolve it, only that it does.

Hey guys, I haven't been here in a while and have a bit of a predicament.
You see... I wanted to make a Choice Scarf/Spec Varient Chatot cause they are just awesome. I have been breeding (onto 105) eggs for ages, and have got two pretty good spreads. (HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe)
Chatot 1: 6/27/13/28/25/31 (Atk (26/27) and Def (10-16) have been averaged)
Chatot 2: 14/7/18/28/29/31 (HP (13/14) has been averaged)

The problem with this? Chatot 1 is Naive, Chatot 2 is Hasty, and they both have hidden power grass.
Tl:Dr, the question is, should I use one of these two, or should I keep hunting till i get a modest/timid HP Water chatot?
(I dont know if this is the right thread)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It really depends on what you want the Chatot for, and how much effort you are willing to put in. Competitively, most people would want better spreads than those, and to be honest it probably makes more difference just because its base stats are so low anyway. It is up to you. But if you do keep it, definitely go with Chatot 2, because it only has lower attack and you will not be using it if it has Specs.

Athenodoros
Are you sure you are checking in the right place? There is a little circular symbol when you go to the Pokemon's screen in your party.
I did. When a pokemon have pokerus, there is a purple rectangle with PKRS in it right beside the level in the pokemon screen of the infected pokemon and the circular face symbole only appears on pokemon who are cured of PokeRus. My pokemon have neither of those.

Network
Or it may have been cured. When was this? If this was in 12:59 and the Pokerus occurred then its your loss.
I "got" the pokerus at around 9:30pm and I put my team in the PC box at around 10:00pm, so it would be impossible that my pokemon got cured the same day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)