Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to ask here, since I'm understanding that this is a simple question. Now, I don't follow OU as much as I probably should, but I just noticed that Thundurus was banned. What's the general rationale behind that banning, if I may ask? (Not arguing that it shouldn't have happened/etc because I'm not playing OU and thus have no argument to stand on. I'm just curious and I don't see any topics discussing Thundurus.)

I'm going to ask here, since I'm understanding that this is a simple question. Now, I don't follow OU as much as I probably should, but I just noticed that Thundurus was banned. What's the general rationale behind that banning, if I may ask? (Not arguing that it shouldn't have happened/etc because I'm not playing OU and thus have no argument to stand on. I'm just curious and I don't see any topics discussing Thundurus.)
For details, you can scour this thread.

Basically, Thundurus was too much to handle for the general bulk of the metagame (which I agree with). It had an ideal offensive stat spread, great typing, a bonus ability (Prankster, so all non damaging moves had priority, and had near perfect coverage. With Nasty Plot, it ran through teams. There were no real counters to it, and if you had something to try and stop it, you would still have to be lucky.

Hey, I got a question. I got this project I'm doing in cooperation with Super Smash Brothers 4, and I need to post Polls on 3 different websites (besides Smashboards) so I can get a general idea of the subject.
Who would you like to play as in SSB4, which'll be the 5th generation rep?
1. Victini
2. Zoroark
3. Genesect
4. Meloetta

Is there anyone here I can get permission to do this (if need be)? Or is there a recreational poll thread here, in Smogon?

is a smeargle with shellsmash/machpunch/extremespeed legal? i dont get the whole sketch and breed thing with him either

Are there any counters than outspeed choice scarf darmantian outright without a CS, its just a friend of mine uses its and its so versatile, or just some hard counters, i'm just tired of have to use Jellicent or CS landorus, the latter of which can't switch in.

I am currently trying to build a Sand team, but I need a good scout. I have been thinking BandGon or ScarfGon, but I would like to know any other options. The current team is T-Tar, Laddorus, Scizor, and that is it. If someone can please answer my Flygon question please...........

Are there any counters than outspeed choice scarf darmantian outright without a CS, its just a friend of mine uses its and its so versatile, or just some hard counters, i'm just tired of have to use Jellicent or CS landorus, the latter of which can't switch in.
You shouldn't try to outspeed it without a CS, Deoxys-S is viable in OU, but usually a waste, because it can't come in. If you want to come in without losing half of your HP, Swampert is the best. Haven't tried Quagsire yet, so I can't tell. Of course, the most obvious way is getting SR up, than using priority after it has lost enough HP.

I am currently trying to build a Sand team, but I need a good scout. I have been thinking BandGon or ScarfGon, but I would like to know any other options. The current team is T-Tar, Laddorus, Scizor, and that is it. If someone can please answer my Flygon question please...........
Usually Landorus is seen as a scout in sand teams because of it's power. If the only purpose of the scouter is scouting and not revenge killing, you could try a bulky Scarf-Flygon, the only way it differs from Landorus. I don't recommend, though, because having quadruple weaknesses to ice twice in a team isn't too appealing.
You could try Mienshao if you want; thanks to Regenerator it can heal damage caused by sand and entry hazard. Other options are Infernape and Rotom.

Hey, I got a question. I got this project I'm doing in cooperation with Super Smash Brothers 4, and I need to post Polls on 3 different websites (besides Smashboards) so I can get a general idea of the subject.
Who would you like to play as in SSB4, which'll be the 5th generation rep?
1. Victini
2. Zoroark
3. Genesect
4. Meloetta

Is there anyone here I can get permission to do this (if need be)? Or is there a recreational poll thread here, in Smogon?
a certain sugar hyped bunny of Victory.
but anyway, I say this would work better on the SSB4 thread on AiB or Smashboards than here. as for 3 sites, there are

AiB
Marriland
Shoryuken
you're welcome.

As vague as it might sound,
WTF is going on?
I've been out of touch for a few months, and I don't really have any idea of what to do. In three sentences or less, what are the most important things that have been happening recently?

a certain sugar hyped bunny of Victory.
but anyway, I say this would work better on the SSB4 thread on AiB or Smashboards than here. as for 3 sites, there are

AiB
Marriland
Shoryuken
you're welcome.
I wouldn't recommend Shoryuken. Smash is not well received in the fighter community. Anyone that saw how badly the Brawl players got made fun of at Evo would understand.

There is a Smash thread http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i472/tikitike13/overview.jpgon this site that would likely be a better place for your poll.

That's not all, Mysterious Egg sir. I've been missing out some stuff too, but I do know the Spooky Manor has been released on the pokemon DW, allowing the metagame to accept some pokes with their new abilities, including Magic Guard Alakazam. Tiers have quite changed too, Darmanitan and Machamp in UU, Alakazam too, Cresselia too and more of those types of movements. I'm sure other people can add to what I've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)