Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it only works in Doubles and Triples, where if both (or all 3) Pokémon use it in one turn, the power increases.
I am quite sure its not like Rollout or Fury Cutter where the power increases each turn you use it.
I think you're thinking of Round (an easy mistake to make since they're two similar sounding moves that no one uses). Round's power doubles from 60 to 120 when used by more than one of your Pokemon in a double or triple battle. On the other hand, Echoed Voice starts out at forty base power and increases by forty every consecutive turn it's used up to 200 power.

If a latias is in the game with reflect up.
And the opponent crits with icefang.
Is reflect negated to calculate the dammage ?

Why is it that people "don't like to overpredict on the first turn"? In the majority of the warstories I've read if the player had made a prediction they would likely have dealt decent damage, set up hazards etc. Like if you have a Mienshao in on a Mamoswine. Someone may say they think Mamo will switch out but don't want to overpredict, so they go for the HJK. Who would keep a Mamoswine in on a Mienshao though? (There's probably better examples but w/e) I just don't get why this is so standard...

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well, sometimes when you play people they will be idiots. Like, really, really dumb. It is hard to know..

On the other hand, if people are that dumb, you probably should be able to win regardless. However, people are also often wusses. They pick safe moves, because if you pick unsafe moves and lose you cant blame it on luck, but you can say "I shouldnt have made that unsafe move" and then they stop doing the unsafe moves, even though if you dont take risks you lose a hell of a lot anyway.

Why isn't there a metagame that is balanced is by experience? I.E. winners lose experience and lost experience is given out equally to all until everything is equally balanced.

Are there any moves that raise only accuracy?
Accupressure has a small chance to boost Accuracy by +2, but nothing raises only accuracy 100% of the time. Sweet Scent lowers evasion of the opponent, but the effect is obviously lost if they switch.

Can somebody explain to me how SubSplit Gengar works? I've used SubDisable Gengar quite a bit, and one of the attractive points of it to me is that you don't have to already have a Substitute down for it to work. I can see how you could Sub down and then Pain Split to regain health and put a Pokemon in KO range...but on the turn you Pain Split, wouldn't you just get one-shotted against most pokes?

Can somebody explain to me how SubSplit Gengar works? I've used SubDisable Gengar quite a bit, and one of the attractive points of it to me is that you don't have to already have a Substitute down for it to work. I can see how you could Sub down and then Pain Split to regain health and put a Pokemon in KO range...but on the turn you Pain Split, wouldn't you just get one-shotted against most pokes?
SubSplit Gengar was really pioneered to beat Stall, mainly Blissey. It can be used to reagin health in other situations, but that's its main purpose. Here's how it works against other opponents:

You Sub up on something you force out, attack as they break your Substitute, and retreat. After you set up a Substitute that brings you below 25% health, you Pain Split to regain some health and cripple the opponent. Rinse and Repeat. If the opponent is faster than Gengar, you can continuously set up Subtitutes on the same turn they break them and Pain Split at the end of the cycle. Either way, you're usually forced out after the Pain Split.

OK...so if you're in against something that hits reasonably hard and you can't OHKO, there's basically no point, yeah? Cause they'll smash you if you try.

Hone Claws raises attack as well. In that case you can also count Acupressure (it CAN boost only accuracy if you're lucky) and Gravity. There're Lock-On and Mind Reader, they don't boost accuracy stat but make sure you will hit next turn. That's all, I think.

I need an Electric resist for my Rain Dance team, is it better to run Jolteon or Manectric? Manectric gets Switcheroo, while Jolteon has better stats overall...

Hone Claws raises attack as well. In that case you can also count Acupressure (it CAN boost only accuracy if you're lucky) and Gravity. There're Lock-On and Mind Reader, they don't boost accuracy stat but make sure you will hit next turn. That's all, I think.
Actually, for the sake of being precise, Gravity does not increase Accuracy. It actually decreases Evasion to 3/5 of its original value, at least that's what it said in the Smogon Gravity Guide.

I need an Electric resist for my Rain Dance team, is it better to run Jolteon or Manectric? Manectric gets Switcheroo, while Jolteon has better stats overall...
If your team has problems with stall/Ferro, Manectric's Switcheroo is probably more valuable. Not to mention that you're running Rain Dance, which means you'll have plenty of speed and power with your Rain sweepers.

Why is it that people "don't like to overpredict on the first turn"? In the majority of the warstories I've read if the player had made a prediction they would likely have dealt decent damage, set up hazards etc. Like if you have a Mienshao in on a Mamoswine. Someone may say they think Mamo will switch out but don't want to overpredict, so they go for the HJK. Who would keep a Mamoswine in on a Mienshao though? (There's probably better examples but w/e) I just don't get why this is so standard...
I think this is a holdover from last gen when there was no team preview. You didn't have enough info to make predictions about their team and what they might switch in on the first turn. After a few switches you knew more and could predict with better accuracy.

How much Timid Specs Hurricane from Nite does to a SpD Ferro?

Can somebody run a calc for me? Or just give a link to damage calculator. >.<

Does victinis victory star work if you just have it in your team ?
Because i was told it only works for doubles/triples when it is IN the field.
But alot of people say in RMTs : Victini's victory star boosts the accuracy so you can use sleep powder...

What you were told is correct, Victory Star only affects Victini him(her?)self in singles.

It's a very common misconception that it effects everyone on the team.

I'm trying to find a solid counter to the all-to-common Scizor - Rotom-W volt-switching core to put on my rain team (preferably physically based). Everything I try seems to have its faults. What are you guys using to counter this?

I'm trying to find a solid counter to the all-to-common Scizor - Rotom-W volt-switching core to put on my rain team (preferably physically based). Everything I try seems to have its faults. What are you guys using to counter this?
I'm using Bulk Up Breloom to take it down (no, seriously). It can Bulk Up on Scizor, KO with Drain Punch, and wreck R-W with Drain Punch/Seed Bomb. It also provides a Grass/Electric resistance along with the ability to easily take down other things that trouble rain, such as bulky DD Dragonite, Gastrodon, Tyranitar, and others.

Here's what I use:
Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 216 SDef / 56 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Spore

I've been away for a few months and was wondering if you gents could fill me in on the recent bannings?

I've heard that SmahPass and Multiscale have been banned, but that's the extent of my knowledge. What else has been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)