Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
my team is a complete mess

i need serious help, i'm not trying to be the next pokemon master or anything, but i want a team that isn't completely laughable. so basically i'm going to post my team and ask for suggestions as to what direction i should go in, who i should keep, and who i should ditch. (yes i realize this isn't that simple of a question). only some of these pokemon are ev-ed but most are at least the correct nature. changes in movesets are very welcome as well.

1) HIPPOWDON
stone edge
crunch
earthquake
stealth rock

2)HYDREIGON
crunch
focus blast
dragon pulse
flash cannon

3)VOLCARONA
fly
quiver dance
heat wave
bug buzz

4) STARMIE
ice beam
grass knot
psychic
surf

5) GARCHOMP
brick break
dragon rush
swords dance
fire fang

6) GENGAR
focus blast
willowisp
thunderbolt
shadow ball

i'm really not trying to do anything too fancy, and i'd rather keep a few of these guys on my team just so i don't have to start from scratch. but any suggestions you have to give, i'm completely open to. item usage would be helpful as well. thanks everyone! =D

i'm really not trying to do anything too fancy, and i'd rather keep a few of these guys on my team just so i don't have to start from scratch. but any suggestions you have to give, i'm completely open to. item usage would be helpful as well. thanks everyone! =D
I'm assuming that your team is for in-game use, in which case it's fine. I would just swap Gengar for Chandelure. If you're trying to use that as a competitive team, you might want to read up more on EVs and natures (and maybe IVs and characteristics) and put that knowledge into action.

(TM13 is being more competitively critical)

Hippowdon: what, only Chomp doesn't take dmg from Sandstorm. bench.

Hydreigon: Crunch? Hydreigon is special-oriented, go Dark Pulse or at least Shadow Ball. Surf over Flash Cannon.

Volcarona: FLY? wut? Fiery Dance or Fire Blast over Heat Wave.

Starmie: Why exactly Psychic and Grass Knot when you can run Thunderbolt and Recover?

Chomp: Dragon Rush? No Earthquake? Dragon Claw please at least, if you don't want EQ.

Gengar: what are you going to accomplish...

I'm assuming that your team is for in-game use, in which case it's fine. I would just swap Gengar for Chandelure. If you're trying to use that as a competitive team, you might want to read up more on EVs and natures (and maybe IVs and characteristics) and put that knowledge into action.

(TM13 is being more competitively critical)
it's for in game battle subway, and against my friends who are by no means professionals, what moves would be good on chandelure? also do you know of any good and quick support characters that would fit in with my team?

it's for in game battle subway, and against my friends who are by no means professionals, what moves would be good on chandelure? also do you know of any good and quick support characters that would fit in with my team?
subway only needs 3 pokes iirc

Chandelure: Shadow Ball, Flamethrower/Heat Wave/Fire Blast, Energy Ball, *filler*.

Filler refers to CM or Sub or any move you want. ._.

Ice Shard, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Endeavour?

What ball should I catch Zekrom in?
I used ultra balls/timer balls and it didn't take long. My strat was to start off with syncronize elgyem for the right nature then when elgyem faints send in serperior and use flash on it 6 times (I did this 'cause I didn't have anything to take repeated hits from it), false swipe it down to 1 HP, send in something with spore (t-wave works too) and your good to go. Only took about 15 balls total (between ultras and timers) on average. Of course the dusk ball would be better if it's night.

Oh, I don't care about catching it easily; I just want one that looks good. I'm thinking either Luxury Ball to match the black colour, or Premier Ball to contrast it.

Dunk, it shows how many wild Pokémon encounters you have and trainer battles
Holy shit this entire website has been doing awful lately I can't even quote people
Elite Trainer U, maybe Zapdos or Yanmega?

Hey,I've been breeding for vanillite with automize for use in wifi i've been breeding for a while now and dont want to RNG it yet,anyway the best two i got are:
Modest - Hp 31,Atk 7, Def 23,SpAtk 31,SpDef 27,Spe 31 (Hidden Power Dark 70)
Modest - Hp 31,Atk 18,Def 14,SpAtk 31,SpDef 31,Spe 26 (Hidden Power Electric 70)
Keep or rebreed?

When you're not using RNG manipipulation, unless you're specifically breeding for Hidden Power type and power it is best to keep whatever has max IVs in areas where you are actually going to EV train it (i.e. where it counts).

But you can only guarantee passing on 3 IVs at most through IV breeding, so I would say keep for sure.

^
You could try screenshotting the drop down box on Serebii, but that would be a bit impractical I guess

Anyways, this might seem like a stupid question, but I need an answer, is there any way I can manipulate the nature of a gift pokemon (i.e Magikarp)

In route 1 Belle mentions a "challenge" of the three who catches the most. Is there actually a prize to get all possible pokemon (starter + lillipup + patrat + audino) without surf in that point? I'm asking, because I'm curious if she gives you anything, and I'm struggling with finding a shaking spot (not having running shoes/bike yet doesn't help either).
EDIT: nvm

No one answered. . .

Also, is Timid or Modest better for a Scarf Rotom?
You can get one other Leftovers. In the summer (next available date would be June), Undella town offers an in-game trade for a Munchlax that holds Leftovers (for a Cinccino)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)