Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right!

Question about Black City and White Forest.

Specifically, entralink! Been googling for god knows how long, now, but no proper answers as of yet.

I've caught all the pokemon in my White Forest, and I want to nab some trainers from my brother's Black City. My brother, too, wants to snag some cats from my White Forest - and he's welcome to 'em, I'm sick of Hoppip and Wurmple and he'd enjoy training against a level 65 Blissey more than I'd benefit from catching yet another Happiny.

However! When I go into his Black City, nobody's interested in coming back in time with me - regardless of how lovely and wonderful they say it probably is. And as much as they covet his Black City, none of my residents abandon my White Forest for it.

Why is this? What conditions do I need to satisfy to make 'em defect? There must, surely, be some hidden value or statistic that I've got to satisfy.
I noticed this question was never answered; it bothers me when mine get ignored, so I'll help you out. In the stratagy guide, actually, it has listed every person's special value for staying/leaving, and I'm pretty sure you can find it on Serebii too. You pretty much have to beat them and talk to them every day, and eventually they'll migrate over.
I forgot the numbers, but I think in order to have any chance, you have to visit AND talk to a particular person every day over the course of a few days for them to defect; and some are much harder than others. When you visit, the points towards them leaving go up by 5, but the points toward them staying go down 10 each day, or something like that. So keep at it.

How do you do a singles 6 v 6 battle in B/W? I see that is the standard rules for wi-fi battles apparently but they don't auto-level to 100.

Is there something I can do to make sure it's fair and we're all on the same level? I've never done a wi-fi battle yet.

A legal hack is essentially a poke that COULD be obtained in-game. If there is a way to get that poke, however convoluted, it is considered a legal hack to hack it.
A minor note: Pokemon that can only be obtained by obvious glitches are generally not allowed. I'm not talking about tweaking for Darkrai and Shaymin (since they had official events), but rather things like the glitch that allowed Pokemon to learn any move, or hypothetically if there was a glitch that allowed you to change a Pokemon's ability or break the EV limit.

A minor note: Pokemon that can only be obtained by obvious glitches are generally not allowed. I'm not talking about tweaking for Darkrai and Shaymin (since they had official events), but rather things like the glitch that allowed Pokemon to learn any move, or hypothetically if there was a glitch that allowed you to change a Pokemon's ability or break the EV limit.
That kinda goes without saying, don't you think? Obviously glitching is not allowed.

Can the GTS match two people who've offered Pokemon? For example, if I offer my Reuniclus and request any Gothitelle, and someone else has offered a Gothitelle and requested any Reuniclus, can they get traded? Or does the other half of the trade always have to be someone using Seek?

I am not sure if this belongs here, but it seems like the best place for it.

I am aware that natures evidentally do not get passed down when obtaining a shiny through the Masuda Method (random chance). Do the passing of IVs work the same way, however?

I would think so, but I would like to be sure.

I am not sure if this belongs here, but it seems like the best place for it.

I am aware that natures evidentally do not get passed down when obtaining a shiny through the Masuda Method (random chance). Do the passing of IVs work the same way, however?

I would think so, but I would like to be sure.
In my experiance, you can still pass IVs down as normal; hence, my shiney Lileep has has a crappy nature; Timid, but 31 HP and SpDef IVs (I think the Italian Ditto had Power Weight)

Drilbur Jolly with Sand Rush:

19/31/31/xx/31/25

I don't know if getting a 31 speed IV is important or not.
The only pros of rebreeding that I can see are outspeeding a similarly specced Sand Rush Excradrill. Is that the only benefit? I could try for a high HP as well though. The parents have a 31HP, 31Def, 31 Attck and 31 Special Defense between them with one of them holding an everstone with the other holding a power band, so I know I can get the 31HP somewhere down the road.

I guess it is my fault though since I didn't get a good drilbur or a good pokemon to breed it with. So I found a 31 sp.def Iv ditto in my box and just ran from there.

So keep or rebreed?

Drilbur Jolly with Sand Rush:

19/31/31/xx/31/25

I don't know if getting a 31 speed IV is important or not.
The only pros of rebreeding that I can see are outspeeding a similarly specced Sand Rush Excradrill. Is that the only benefit? I could try for a high HP as well though. The parents have a 31HP, 31Def, 31 Attck and 31 Special Defense between them with one of them holding an everstone with the other holding a power band, so I know I can get the 31HP somewhere down the road.

I guess it is my fault though since I didn't get a good drilbur or a good pokemon to breed it with. So I found a 31 sp.def Iv ditto in my box and just ran from there.

So keep or rebreed?
When using a +Spe nature it doesn't matter, as Kingdra's max speed is 14 points lower as Dory's max speed. When using a +Atk nature, Scarf Azelf and Scarf Starmie are the only ones who outspeed you and normally don't

That's good to know Chieliee. Thanks.

I decided to rebreed and I got a full confirmation that the game is trolling me:

Drilbur Jolly with Sand rush: 29/29/31/31/31/17. God damnit. The 31 sp.att is random. I wish it switched places with the speed!

Are Rotom's alternate forms banned on random/ranked games on wi-fi in 5th gen?
You can use all the rotom formes now. :)
The only reason you couldn't use them before was because only Platinum had the data for those formes.

Can the GTS match two people who've offered Pokemon? For example, if I offer my Reuniclus and request any Gothitelle, and someone else has offered a Gothitelle and requested any Reuniclus, can they get traded? Or does the other half of the trade always have to be someone using Seek?
I don't think there's any way to be sure but it would explain why searching for anything results in people who all want Reshiram rather than sensible trades.

I don't know if it did this in Gen IV, but yesterday I used Gen V GTS for the first time and got all the monkeys and all the starters within 4 hours by breeding off and offering the monkey and starter I already had.

Misdreavus; said:
All legendaries respawn with different IVs/natures when I beat the E4 right?
Reshiram/Zekrom do, as does Victini if you don't catch it; not sure about the others. I'm not sure if the IVs and nature are different but my guess is that they would be.

Question: No one's in Black City. Literally nothing apart from Pokemon Centre. How come? I haven't messed with my clock at all.

Question: No one's in Black City. Literally nothing apart from Pokemon Centre. How come? I haven't messed with my clock at all.
Don't worry. It was empty for me too. All you have to do is use Entralink and visit White Forest and talk to various people to convince them to come over to Black City.

If you don't have a friend with White, you're out of luck unfortunately. :(

Anyone have a spare dark pulse *male* deino lying around? I don't really mind the nature, I just (desperately) need one with Dark Pulse. Thanks so much in advance.

If I use a Timid Volcarona, should I have Heat Wave on it as my Fire-type Attack (In case I want to use it in Doubles) if I can't clone and can probably only get one EV'ed one?

If I use a Timid Volcarona, should I have Heat Wave on it as my Fire-type Attack (In case I want to use it in Doubles) if I can't clone and can probably only get one EV'ed one?
I'd personally prefer a more direct attack. If you can only acquire the one, decide whether you're gonna use it either for singles or multis, as in my experience trying to multi-task between the two with one team is difficult, and triples is looking to be extremely multi-target based. Not to mention that multis would probably need a slightly different EV spread. Triples - Heat Wave would definitely be something to consider. For singles I'd personally go Fiery Dance.

Rising Dusk's thread on Volcarona may be useful.

Don't worry. It was empty for me too. All you have to do is use Entralink and visit White Forest and talk to various people to convince them to come over to Black City.

If you don't have a friend with White, you're out of luck unfortunately. :(
Somehow my Black City has about 6 or 7 fightable trainers from the start and i never used entralink. O.o

Somehow my Black City has about 6 or 7 fightable trainers from the start and i never used entralink. O.o
Well some people over at gamespot say that if you beat the E4 within ten days, then there will be trainers for you to fight. I took 12 days to beat the game so I guess it makes sense. I went really slow haha. I think I did one gym per day since I had midterms the week the game was released.

I'm pretty sure that Volcarona can breed.
Oh, by that I meant a fully EV'ed one, not just a normal one lol and I'm usually too lazy to EV by myself, so I offer my 4th gen EV'eds and events for other people's EV'eds.

Mine has 9 or 10 (I beat the E4 within 2-3 days so I think that's why based on another poster's theory as to why people are there). I'm interested in using Entralink when I get White, not sure how it works (or how to even get there, haven't looked into it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)