Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywhere a Pokemon is like 80% or more appearance rate, you're better off with a Synchronizer, than just breeding for the same Pokemon.
I was catching synchronizers. I went through 100s of elgyems and couldn't find a bold synchronizer, so I finally just went and got a bold one [that of course had telepathy], and bred it with everstone until i got bold + synchro (25% chance vs 2.5% chance at top floor of celestial)

Where do people get the pictures of Pokemon they use in RMT and Warstories?
Bulbapedia has sprites for all pokemon, and anime pictures if thats what your looking for. If your looking for animated sprites go here:
http://sprites.kraftpaper.org/

Hope that helped

I am looking for someone to grammar check my RMT in the link in my sig.. I don't what kind of payment you guys require, but if you can do it for free that'd be great!
I'm trying to get in the archives with this one.

Actually no, note how he said it was Smogon server.

While the other guy is wrong(in that banlists don't apply, which they most certainly do, you can ask people like Rising_Dusk), Deoxys is not suspect. In fact, it never was. As of the latest suspect test, Deoxys-S and Latios was allowed to roam in OU, Garchomp got insta-banned, Thundurus got a notice, and Excadrill survived like its 4th consecutive suspect.

However, IF you are battling on the PO server(the server named Pokemon Online), they have their own banlists and you'll have to go to the PO website itself to look.

EDIT: NVM. I just checked: Deoxys is Uber. Which server were you playing on?
I was on the Smogon server (I'm pretty sure I was, anyway), and this was around a week or two ago, when one of Deoxys' forms (I forget which one) was up for voting. He ended up not getting banned.

If I use Bullet Seed in a double battle against my own Pokemon with Sap Sipper, will its attack go up once for each hit like the Beat Up+Justified Strategy?

If I use Bullet Seed in a double battle against my own Pokemon with Sap Sipper, will its attack go up once for each hit like the Beat Up+Justified Strategy?
No. It just activates sap sipper once. I tried it and it just said that the attack is just rendered ineffective while the sap sipper activates once.

The difference between Sap Sipper and Justified is that:

Justified triggers each time the attack is successful: "Whenever bearer is hit by a damaging Dark-type attack by a non-bearer, bearer's Attack is increased by 1 stage."

However, Sap Sipper triggers merely when the attack targets the bearer: "Whenever a Grass-type attack... by a non-bearer targets bearer, bearer's Attack is increased by 1 stage and that attack is ineffective against bearer." If the attack becomes ineffective this way, no hits of the attack are done.

I've heard that there is a B/W equivalent of the R/S/E ocean current trick, R/S Mach Bike slope trick, and D/P/Pt Fuego Ironworks trick (all ways to level-up Pokémon in daycare if you leave your game with a weight pressing down on a directional button)... what is it?

EDIT: Apparently it's walking/running around the second-outer-most ring inside the Gear Station.

I was on the Smogon server (I'm pretty sure I was, anyway), and this was around a week or two ago, when one of Deoxys' forms (I forget which one) was up for voting. He ended up not getting banned.
When you said Deoxys I simply assumed the normal Deoxys form, aka Deoxys-N.

Deoxys-S was the one up for voting. Suspect are no longer banned from the ladder AFAIK.

While they're not very important as neither move is really that useful, I've been wondering about a couple things lately.

1.) Does Dragon Rage hit Shedinja (it's the only constant damage attack I can think of that it isn't naturally immune to from it's ghost typing)? Edit: This one is now answered. Thank you TM13IceBeam.
2.) Does twineedle effectively have a 36% chance to poison (instead of the 20% listed as the chance) since it hits twice? Edit2: And now this one is answered. Thank you poccil.

While they're not very important as neither move is really that useful, I've been wondering about a couple things lately.

1.) Does Dragon Rage hit Shedinja (it's the only constant damage attack I can think of that it isn't naturally immune to from it's ghost typing)?
No.

Would you say the best Pokémon that can be used to catch other Pokémon is Smeargle or Gallade? I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that these two are the only Pokémon in the game that can learn the very useful sleep/trap/False Swipe combo. Gallade's stats are obviously vastly superior to Smeargle's, but Gallade is stuck with the 60% accurate Hypnosis, while Smeargle has Spore. If one wanted to, they could use 2 X Accuracy items to give Hypnosis perfect accuracy. It takes up 2 turns in which the opposing Pokémon uses PP (rather than it being asleep), making it potentially Struggle itself to death quicker, but you'll also not have to devote as many of the same type of turns to healing Gallade since he is bulkier.

I just use bisharp with false swipe and thunderwave. Things really aren't that hard to catch. Most of the time I just throw a quick ball and it catches like 50%.

my team consists of the following:
swampert absol krookodile zoroark salamence and a soon-to-be haxorus, i plan to replace the absol cuz it sucks... can anyone tell me something to replace it with?

For all catching purposes you can just raise a Smeargle to LV 100 and give it the moveset Spore/False Swipe/Attack boosting move, either Shift Gear or Belly Drum or Swords Dance/filler, probably Foresight or Mean Look

What happens if a pokemon holding a dark gem uses fling does it boost it and throw or boost then fail or something else.

Edit: aww well thx poccil for answering

I don't know whether this goes here or not, but i'll ask anyway.
I have a box and a half full of Yamask obtained after my short MM run for a shiny, almost all Bold, with max Defence IVs. What I want to know, as I want to save one of these for a Monotype Ghost Team I'll be making, is whether HP or SP.Defence is more useful for Cofagrius, so I can find one with High IVs in that stat. Thanks.

I have a Breloom with False Swipe and Spore, but I want to do stupid things like catch Tornadus/Thundurus in a Premier Ball, so I have to worry about trapping them too (I wish Mean Look could still be Baton Passed...).
I forgot how I did it exactly, but I think I used my watchog to mean look it, and used hypnosis to sleep. I kept my watchog at 39, but thundurus didn't really kill it anyways. You can then attack it, or use super fang, if it got it at that level. Or run into it a few times, and do 1 attack, let it flee, do another attack, let it flee, until it's down. Then use mean look.

Then after the nature wouldn't work, I said screw it and used a master ball every time. Settled for hasty nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)