Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I have used Jirachi on rain teams before, with a set more or less like the Ubers Wisher. I mainly used it to spread paralysis, and being a Dragon-resist is fantastic. Also, the Jirachi analysis has passed the Quality Control stage, meaning all that is left is to write in paragraphs. The sets themselves are good!

Yeah but I didn't see any sets with Thunder on them. Isn't that a good move to put on Jirachi for Rain teams?

(ps I shouldn't really call my Uber team a rain team. I just happens to have Kygore in it.)

There's Thunder in AC and OO on the sets on that page whether it'll do notable damage or not is another matter entirely.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
If you need the coverage, by all means use Thunder! I stuck Thunder on a Kyogre and Palkia, so my Jirachi did not need to use that move (I like Thunder Wave for reliability).

Hmm well my Kygore does have Thunder, but my Thudarus has T-Wave...

Maybe I should give Kygore Sleep Talk instead of Thunder and let Jirachi do the thundering.

If I give Jirachi Thunder, should I invest more into it's SpAtk EVs?

Hey guys me again :P I was wondering if Jirachi would work well on a Uber Rain team?

If so whats a good build for her? I hate to ask but there isn't a finished Jirachi guide for Ubers :/
Jirachi's pretty alright on an Uber Rain Team, it provides a Dragon resist if you don't want to/are already running scizor, as for sets it can really vary. One is Special Defense Rachi, your usual Wish/Protect/Body Slam/Iron Head (you can fit U-Turn somewhere if you want) that spreads around paralysis. There's also a more offensive CM Rain Rachi. Running 252 Speed/252 SpAttack and a set along the lines of Calm Mind/Thunder/Psyshock/Hp Ice.

Groudon, Normal Arceus, Ho-Oh to some extent. Garchomp, Palkia, Rayquaza too. Pretty much any physical attacker that isn't Tyranitar or Zekrom can potentially lure Lugia in. Even stuff like Terrakion (as they are usually choiced).

Why isn't ubers the standard tier? It is the most balanced Metagame with the least amount of bans, so why isn't it the main tier instead of ou?

Because OU players like having more Pokemon viable, lol. For example, last gen, Kyogre was at 50% usage, which is just crazy, while in OU, Scizor (and later Heatran) had usages of like 25%. Ubers is "balanced" because brokenmons check brokenmons.

I don't know, I was just looking through the threads and looked at that ban list, not noticing Salamence. I haven't heard about much from 5th Gen. The only BIG thing I heard was Blaziken going Uber.

How can decide wether an uber is worth it.

Are using Ubers really worth it, or are they just a gimmick used in competetive battling?

Ubers is basically a ban list of pokemon that are deemed to powerful for Standard battling. I personally don't think uber's aare gimmickish at all and some people even see it as the most balenced meta 'cause everything is allowed.

That makes sense also is 5th gen discussion allowed?

If so, I would raise the question, would you consider zweilous to be a uber pokemon, or just a psuedo legendarie, that is OU, like Metagross, Salamanence, Tyranitar, and Dragonite.

How could Zweilous possibly be Uber?

At present Uber Pokemon are Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, and Zekrom.

Our opinions about Uber or not Uber doesn't matter. Any Pokemon banned from OU is Uber, based on how powerful it is in the OU tier. Although, since any Pokemon can be used in Uber battles, the tier list doesn't affect us.

I've gotten a bit interested in Ubers and I wan't to try to play in it sometime. Problem is though, I just don't know how to build a good team for ubers, as well as being relatively unacquainted with it.

Q: Is Dialga a good physical wall in ubers? I absolutely love his steel dragon typing, and all the resistances and great physical bulk help.

Q: Arceus. I have no idea what to do with him or what should be done. His stats and typing possibilities lean him to be able to do almost anything, as well as the large movepool. Any pointers for a first glance at arceus?

A: No. Two of the most common physical attacks in ubers are Outrage and Earthquake. Dialga resists neither and isn't nearly as bulky as the more common walls such as Groudon, Lugia, and Defensive Arceus formes. Also he lacks a good defensive move pool, no Will-o'-Wisp or immediate recovery beyond Rest. That said, Dialga is quite capable of taking a hit or two and retaliating with his 150 base SpAtk, or setting up Stealth Rock but it is by no means a wall.

A: Depends on what role you want him to fill. Check the analyses in C&C is probably your best bet for getting to know Arceus.

Praise for arceus; I really love how he can do almost anything, and team preview doesnt screw that up for you at least. <3

Q: On the Froslass overview in DPPt, it says she is viable in ubers and gives sets for her even. Is this still true?

Q: I'm more partial to groudon (not a fan of kyogre), and have thought of making an ubers sun team. What are some good uber pokemon that would fit in on a sun team?

Q: Ubers is much more of a powerhouse than OU obviously, and if I want to have a spinner or hazard layer, what pokemon could do so in uber's environment?

Praise for arceus; I really love how he can do almost anything, and team preview doesnt screw that up for you at least. <3

Q: On the Froslass overview in DPPt, it says she is viable in ubers and gives sets for her even. Is this still true?

Q: I'm more partial to groudon (not a fan of kyogre), and have thought of making an ubers sun team. What are some good uber pokemon that would fit in on a sun team?

Q: Ubers is much more of a powerhouse than OU obviously, and if I want to have a spinner or hazard layer, what pokemon could do so in uber's environment?
2.) Ho-Oh, Reshiram, Forretress (Water resist helps, you die to Fire attacks anyways), and I can't really think of any other common Pokémon in Ubers who would do well in Sun (edit: Shrang, thanks for making me look stupid for not remembering Blaziken). Pretty much just things that work in any weather, like Arceus, Giratina-O, etc.

3.) Forretress, definitely. Good typing, all three hazards + Spin and Sturdy to ensure a Spin/hazard setup makes him a staple for anything related to hazards in Ubers. Ferrothorn works well for Spikes, and Blissey can sometimes use Stealth Rock, but it often needs all of its moveslots to perform its main jobs.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

A: Froslass' viability is questionable in Ubers, but I think she is still a decent Spiker. With her Ghost-typing, Spikes can't be spun away as soon as they are being set up, which is a massive plus. Just don't expect too much out of her.

A: What you need on a sun team:
1) Groudon (obvious)
2) Sun abusers - Pokemon with Chlorophyll take advantage of the sun really well. Venusaur is especially nice because of its decent coverage, access to Growth and Swords Dance, excellent Speed in the sun, and as an icing on the cake, absorption of Toxic Spikes on the switch in. Fire-types love the sun for obvious reasons. Ho-Oh and Reshiram are pretty much impossible to counter when the sun is up. Blaziken gets the chance to OHKO Giratina-O with +2 Flare Blitz in the sun, which is fantastic. Heatran can also help you against many Fire spammers from opposing sun teams.
3) Something to take on Kyogre. This one is a must. You don't want Kyogre coming in again and again and killing everything on your team because the weather isn't in your favour any more. Palkia is good on a sun team, although don't expect it to switch in over and over again. Gastrodon is sort of iffy on a sun team, but usable, or you can use Latias, my favourite Kyogre check as of present.
4) Rapid Spinners - Applies more if you packed heaps of Fire-types into your team, especially Ho-Oh. Otherwise, don't fret too much about this.

A: If you want a Pokemon that can both Spike and spin, look no further than Forretress. This grenade can do whatever you want it to do. Other good Spikers in Ubers include Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Deoxys-S, while Rapid Spinners can be hard to fit on a team. Tentacruel works well on a rain team, while Excadrill is good on a Sand team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)