Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Azurill'sBestFriend

I COULD BE BANNED!
View attachment 214713
This is a VGC match were it can be seen that butterfree attacked before dracozolt, in spite of the fact it was scarfed with a base 139 speed, while 134 is the maximum on butterfree, so, even if butterfree was scarfed it shouldn't have shot first.
Is this a bug, or a hack, or is there something I'm missing ( I know there is a priority berry but I didn't see any popups so it's not that).
Choice items do not work when the Pokemon is Dynamaxed.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I was looking at the xyani directory and couldn't seem to find any of the SwSh GIFs. Attempted to Google and no avail despite them being live on the dex and such. Are they being kept somewhere else?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I don't think this is the right place to report this but I'm also not sure the right one still exists.

In Gen V Random Battles today I got this set:

I imagine this is some type of bug since there's no competitive use in Zangoose having Immunity over Toxic Boost (which it does have access to in Gen V), especially when holding a Toxic Orb and having the move Facade. If someone could redirect me to where to report this (or pass this on to who it concerns) that'd be appreciated. The bug reports thread says not to discuss random battle sets and to instead do it in the thread pertaining to it, but that thread is SwSh only.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Its a random battle, everything is random, not a bug haha
This is incorrect. While randbats has random pokemon, the sets each pokemon have are semi random. They have coherent sets, but they are not mix mashed together like hackmons or challenge cup. This isn't the correct place to put this, but I'm not sure where it should go.

Is this an oversight? It's currently possible to run a Persian (or Kantonian Meowth) with Unnerve, its HA, on the sim. Unless I'm mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a legitimate way to obtain one of these yet, so it shouldn't be usable on the sim, either, right?

I realize that nobody would use it anyway because it has Technician, but still.

Thick clubs, all plates, and chill drives are currently legal in SS formats. Is that intended?

Last edited:
Is there a list of hidden public rooms? I dont mean private rooms but specific stuff like the harrypotter room that is public but doesn't appear on the first page where the big rooms are.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is there a list of hidden public rooms? I dont mean private rooms but specific stuff like the harrypotter room that is public but doesn't appear on the first page where the big rooms are.
No, not to regs. They are also not public rooms, as public and hidden rooms are separate categories.

Last edited:
Is there a place to discuss or report bad Random Battle sets for older generations? I had a Zangoose with a Toxic Orb, Facade and Immunity.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I can't change my username in showdown.
Is there something I need to do?
What error do you get, or is it that you don't know how. To swap names from an existing one use /nick name you want here. If the name is registered you will be asked to provide its password. If its your account and you know the password enter it, otherwise you'll have to pick a different name.

Each name is a new account, your ladder rankings and any authority will not carry over.

What error do you get, or is it that you don't know how. To swap names from an existing one use /nick name you want here. If the name is registered you will be asked to provide its password. If its your account and you know the password enter it, otherwise you'll have to pick a different name.

Each name is a new account, your ladder rankings and any authority will not carry over.
Thanks

What I'm assuming to be a bug is very burdensome and difficult for me as a staff member. I'm not sure if this was noticed by anybody else, but when I type in /modlog in the chat and click on one of the logs to view an incident of some sort, the text that I need to see preceding the punishment is often not visible at all. This makes it difficult for me when I'm trying to figure stuff out. Aeonic I'm tagging Aeo here because he has witnessed this bug as well. Let me know whenever possible, please. Thanks in behalf,

Spyaro.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
What I'm assuming to be a bug is very burdensome and difficult for me as a staff member. I'm not sure if this was noticed by anybody else, but when I type in /modlog in the chat and click on one of the logs to view an incident of some sort, the text that I need to see preceding the punishment is often not visible at all. This makes it difficult for me when I'm trying to figure stuff out. Aeonic I'm tagging Aeo here because he has witnessed this bug as well. Let me know whenever possible, please. Thanks in behalf,

Spyaro.
You should just be able to scroll up to view it, it just jumps to the timestamp provided by the modlog.

You should just be able to scroll up to view it, it just jumps to the timestamp provided by the modlog.
I've tried this multiple times. And I have even typed in control f and typed in the search engine the message that came along with the punishment, but it didn't work, meaning the punishment and the messages of the punished user(s) was not present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)