Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
When roar drags out a Pokemon in a replay, its cry doesn't play. Is this supposed to happen?
Cries are only used on PS for when a Pokémon is sent out or faints, not for every move where the cry is used in the games (Growl, Howl, Roar, Light Screen, ...)

Cries are only used on PS for when a Pokémon is sent out or faints, not for every move where the cry is used in the games (Growl, Howl, Roar, Light Screen, ...)
But roar does cause a Pokemon to be sent out. Why doesn't that Pokemon's cry play?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Just got suspended from talking, how long does this last?
Depends on what you mean by suspended from talking. If you were muted in a room, it should say how long the mute lasts when you were muted, that is either 7 minutes or an hour. If you were locked from talking anywhere, I recommend checking back in a week if you don't feel the lock was unjustified. If you were Permanently locked, you'll have to appeal the lock manually.

Is intimidate supposed to activate before everyone finishes switching, like it did in this replay (turn 2)?
By the way, the OP of this thread links to some sort of "Mentorship forum". The link should probably be fixed.

Is intimidate supposed to activate before everyone finishes switching
Yes, this is normal for manual switching; it's only at the start of the battle or end of a turn that the abilities wait until all Pokémon have finished switching in before activating.

Hi there,

I've been playing Ultra Sinnoh Classic on Showdown using Rampardos, and one of the moves I have on him is Rock Polish. Since I've EV-ed his Speed stat to be 101 when unboosted, a Rock Polish should allow him to outspeed any unboosted 130 Speed Pokemon. But as you can see in the replay, the Garchomp outspeeds my boosted Rampardos despite this.

I know it is possible that the Garchomp is Scarfed, but my Rampardos has been getting outsped by Garchomps in other matches that were not Scarfed or under Tailwind (I don't have the replays now, but I will post one here when I find one). Is this a bug? Or am I missing something about Rock Polish?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ultrasinnohclassic-702345863

EDIT: Here is another replay where I got outsped by a Banded Garchomp after Rock Polish. You can tell the Garchomp is banded because my Azelf outspeeds it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ultrasinnohclassic-702369445

Last edited:
I'm aware that PS has an API for battles, but is there one for the teambuilder? Like if someone were to hypothetically mod PO so that it automatically saved teams to PS as well as a local folder would that be possible?

I am having some trouble with one of my alternate accounts: I log in as usual, but then this message appears:
I have tried to see if there was another player using it somehow, but when trying to contact , it says to be unable to contact and the offline message is not there, and considering the account was literally made minutes ago, it seems to be a glitch. Can you solve this?
1518515280445.png

1518515244940.png

I want to play Showdown, but I want to play it casually. Like I want to use a team using Umbreon, Darkrai, Lycanroc (Miday), Incenaroar, Mega-Latias, and Mega-Sceptile. The same for items and moves. I don't care about going up, and won't go into any tournaments.

Can I play like this, or should I not even bother?

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You won’t be able to to trigger both megas in one battle unless you’re playing like Custom Game, but besides that, go right ahead! The starting part of the Anything Goes ladder has a lot of casual teams/players like the kind you’re looking for, and there’s no pressure to keep rising unless you want to.

If you’re okay with dropping Darkrai for another member, you can play OU matches with that team and not have to worry about the Arceus/Mega Rayquaza teams, but do what you find most fun tbh.

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi. I was wondering why it was that we allowed certain illegal moves in randbats and other weird stuff like female ash greninja. I can understand why unreleased Pokémon would be added, but I thought it was our job to cater to mechanics unless necessary, and thus we don’t allow illegal egg moves in other formats like ou, so I’m trying to understand the reasoning.

not sure if this is right thread, but since a lot of randbats stuff are in this subforum I’m asking here.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
hi. I was wondering why it was that we allowed certain illegal moves in randbats and other weird stuff like female ash greninja. I can understand why unreleased Pokémon would be added, but I thought it was our job to cater to mechanics unless necessary, and thus we don’t allow illegal egg moves in other formats like ou, so I’m trying to understand the reasoning.

not sure if this is right thread, but since a lot of randbats stuff are in this subforum I’m asking here.
It doesn't allow illegal moves per say, only disregards any legalities about move/ability/whatever combinations that are present in other formats. As for the reason I'd say it's because it's easier to do it that way code wise and because it's a more relaxed metagame in general, The Immortal runs it so he can explain better otherwise.

Random Battle is basically a random set of moves from a list of viable ones. In a such a concept, it wouldn’t really work well if illegalities where taken into account. Off course, by illegalities I mean combinations of moves and not stuff Pokemon don’t actually learn. There might be a rare case of move + ability but we try to not include those moves, like for example Weather Ball Venusaur was an event move and restricted to one ability; we didn’t put it in Random Battle.

As for female Ash-Greninja, that shouldn’t be happening.

What does it mean when an accounts been disabled on PS? Do those accounts ever become available to claim or anything again after a set amount of time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)