Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
How is the pokemon level calculated in randomized formats?
Most randomized formats (old gens specially) use Smogon tiers (the lower the tier, higher the level). Gen 8 formats (singles, dubs) use a winrate system with subjective measures to balance levels. Hackmons and similar calc levels taking on account base stats. Battle factory is lvl100 (LC is lvl 5) and BSSF is level 50.

Irpachuza

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Hi I could like to made an permalocked appeal earlier. Because my recent lock by Monkey should never been issue in the first place. And if the locked doesnt happen I could not get permalocked like this
As per this post and as you should already know, permalock appeals aren't done on this thread. Also since you have been unlocked once, you'll need to wait 6 months since your last permalock to be granted the possibility of appealing. On the same thread I linked there is an explanation on how and where to do the process.

As per this post and as you should already know, permalock appeals aren't done on this thread. Also since you have been unlocked once, you'll need to wait 6 months since your last permalock to be granted the possibility of appealing. On the same thread I linked there is an explanation on how and where to do the process.
But As HoennHero said. You can appeal right away if they appeal on the ground that Permalocked doesnt been granted in the first place

Irpachuza

Random Battle Lead
But As HoennHero said. You can appeal right away if they appeal on the ground that Permalocked doesnt been granted in the first place
Yes, that's a general principle based on punctual cases that were misunderstood and taken as severe offenses that granted insta-permalock by themselves or close to it.

Your permalock (the second and current one, in particular) was granted not for the last lock you mention and are trying to appeal, but as a sum of several bans and locks after you appealed your first permalock. You accumulated those in only 10 days, and having been permalocked before prompted this new punishment.

Please wait the 6 months to appeal the current permalock.

Yes, that's a general principle based on punctual cases that were misunderstood and taken as severe offenses that granted insta-permalock by themselves or close to it.

Your permalock (the second and current one, in particular) was granted not for the last lock you mention and are trying to appeal, but as a sum of several bans and locks after you appealed your first permalock. You accumulated those in only 10 days, and having been permalocked before prompted this new punishment.

Please wait the 6 months to appeal the current permalock.
But if I doesnt get locked there. The Permalocked was never going to happen

Which I was trying to appeal. Because is Rediculous. Monkey Obious not know the RFAQ of time stall so he locked me for that. Because What I have told Timer stalling is NOT reportable

Last edited by a moderator:
This come with the suggestion:

Complete Remove time stall ban

Its rediculous to be ban by Time stall. As I was banned by one. Take this for example: Someone has been called for a meeting when in a middle of the match and your opponent doesnt let it done soon. Like many peoles. They could just let the timmer ran out. This accompany player who got locked and cant not let their oponnent know that they are busy

Please consider this an approval Because I CAN NOT POST IN THE SUGGESTION FORUM

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
But if I doesnt get locked there. The Permalocked was never going to happen
As Irpachuza said, you acquired several bans and locks in a 10 day period after being unpermalocked. You got unpermalocked by promising to behave, you did not behave. Even if your most recent lock was struck from the record, you would still qualify for re-permalock. Your broke your promise to us to behave, and now you have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Which I was trying to appeal. Because is Rediculous. Monkey Obious not know the RFAQ of time stall so he locked me for that. Because What I have told Timer stalling is NOT reportable
If you brag about timerstall (which you did) we can lock you for that. We cannot stop timerstall itself though, previously we would force-end the match but we have since stopped that, hence why in general its not reportable. This has been our standard for years, so no your appeal has no grounds.
This come with the suggestion:

Complete Remove time stall ban

Its rediculous to be ban by Time stall. As I was banned by one. Take this for example: Someone has been called for a meeting when in a middle of the match and your opponent doesnt let it done soon. Like many peoles. They could just let the timmer ran out. This accompany player who got locked and cant not let their oponnent know that they are busy

Please consider this an approval Because I CAN NOT POST IN THE SUGGESTION FORUM
See my above message, the example here would not get locked because they did not brag. In addition, back when we did punish timerstall we would need to see the timer being run down over multiple turns, not just someone disappearing and then losing to the timer, and the punishment would be a match loss not a lock unless it was a repeat offense. So even if we did still punish for timerstall, this example would not qualify for a lock. So consider your suggestion marked as invalid because its already a thing.

If you have anything further to ask about this appeal feel free to start a conversation with me on forums, we are not going to discuss this in the SQSA thread any further.

Irpachuza

Random Battle Lead
Is Warning a Punishment ?
Yes. Punishments get logged on PS, are concrete actions that also notice the punished user, usually with a description of it. They don't have to limit the user like mutes or bans

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi! I wonder if is there a "Hisui Pokemon Legends" format yet.
We are not planning on adding a PLA format because the games are singleplayer only and make massive mechanical changes to how pokemon works (that we don't fully understand yet anyways).

The new pokemon were added though, and are available in metronome battles and custom games if you want to play with them, but will not be added to tiers such as OU, etc.

why is blaziken listed as uber in gen7? i get it's good and all, is it just because it doesn't fit into ou? (gen7 is my least played gen as well)

Was removing Hidden Power intentional or not? This may not make sense at first but when u think about it GF could have just removed all relatively unused moves in casual playthroughs and one of those unsused moves in playthroughs was Hidden Power no one really used it in casual runs so they just removed it seeing no one will miss it not caring about how it will affect the competitive scene (If they even care about singles at all since they mostly respond to VGC related stuff rather than Smogon stuff) OR they intentionally deleted it knowing it will affect the competitive scene greatly and was maybe to nerf some mons??? I dunno many mons that suffered from it probably most electric types since HP Ice was really useful in countering their only weakness ground and was maybe to also buff some other mons like Ferrothorn or Garchomp probably but im mostly leaning on the first conclusion since this was also done with pursuit another great example of a move which was unused in casual runs but was really good competitively if GF really cared about the Singles competitive scene they probably wouldn't have removed it since it was relatively balanced unlike HP which can change a mons viability by a longshot like imagine if regileiki got HP Ice it will probably be Uber Lvel or a good OU mon at the least heck i could see Spec variants of it if HP wasn't removed i dunno what do u guys think about? Was GF just removin unused moves or where they actually caring about how HP affects competitive?

Was removing Hidden Power intentional or not? This may not make sense at first but when u think about it GF could have just removed all relatively unused moves in casual playthroughs and one of those unsused moves in playthroughs was Hidden Power no one really used it in casual runs so they just removed it seeing no one will miss it not caring about how it will affect the competitive scene (If they even care about singles at all since they mostly respond to VGC related stuff rather than Smogon stuff) OR they intentionally deleted it knowing it will affect the competitive scene greatly and was maybe to nerf some mons??? I dunno many mons that suffered from it probably most electric types since HP Ice was really useful in countering their only weakness ground and was maybe to also buff some other mons like Ferrothorn or Garchomp probably but im mostly leaning on the first conclusion since this was also done with pursuit another great example of a move which was unused in casual runs but was really good competitively if GF really cared about the Singles competitive scene they probably wouldn't have removed it since it was relatively balanced unlike HP which can change a mons viability by a longshot like imagine if regileiki got HP Ice it will probably be Uber Lvel or a good OU mon at the least heck i could see Spec variants of it if HP wasn't removed i dunno what do u guys think about? Was GF just removin unused moves or where they actually caring about how HP affects competitive?
I think they removed it because it significantly raised the barrier for entry into building a competitive team. Now, they could have also gone about this by letting a Pokemon's hidden power be altered like with bottle caps or ability capsules, but I don't know the technical details behind Hidden Power so maybe that wasn't feasible.

I think they removed it because it significantly raised the barrier for entry into building a competitive team. Now, they could have also gone about this by letting a Pokemon's hidden power be altered like with bottle caps or ability capsules, but I don't know the technical details behind Hidden Power so maybe that wasn't feasible.
It is true that HP severely made entering competitive completely hard grinding for the perfect IVs can really take a while but if you look at the other aspects of entering competitive this can be made as a 'part' of it just like EVs which you also have to grind, HP is basically the same but with IVs in this case some just think of it as a requirement to enter it and even how hard to grind for it you still see it very often, My case is that isn't HP just treated as another requirement like EVs and unlike EVs HP can be optional on a competitive pokemon and aren't forced to you

Hey guys,

I only recently discovered Pokemon Showdown - late to the party I know! It has been around for years and I never knew about it :O

My question is, have I joined the party late and only have a shortish time to enjoy Showdown, or will it be around for another 10+ years??

Sorry if this is a crazy question, just can't believe I never knew about it until recently!

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Hey guys,

I only recently discovered Pokemon Showdown - late to the party I know! It has been around for years and I never knew about it :O

My question is, have I joined the party late and only have a shortish time to enjoy Showdown, or will it be around for another 10+ years??

Sorry if this is a crazy question, just can't believe I never knew about it until recently!
We have no plans to shut down showdown. Its hard to tell what will happen over the next decade, but I don't see any reason right now for showdown to shutdown in the future.

That’s both scary and great lol!

So, while there are no plans to, over the next few years it could still disappear? :(

I was kinda hoping you’d say it will definitely be here forever lol

And thanks for the reply!

Last edited by a moderator:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
That’s both scary and great lol!

So, while there are no plans to, over the next few years it could still disappear? :(

I was kinda hoping you’d say it will definitely be here forever lol

And thanks for the reply!
Like with anything else in life, unexpected things can happen. We want to keep showdown up, and will do everything we can to keep it up.

Like with anything else in life, unexpected things can happen. We want to keep showdown up, and will do everything we can to keep it up.
Yeah I guess no one can predict the future! Who knows if Showdown will still be a thing in even 5 years time, but I really hope it is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)