Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Question: I realize Pokémon Legends Arceus will not be receiving a format, but Showdown lacks the actual movepools for the new forms and Pokémon. Their signature moves aren’t in Showdown to begin with. Even if just for the sake of posterity and for custom games only, when can the movepools of the Hisuian forms (or at least their signature moves) be expected to be added to Showdown?

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Question: I realize Pokémon Legends Arceus will not be receiving a format, but Showdown lacks the actual movepools for the new forms and Pokémon. Their signature moves aren’t in Showdown to begin with. Even if just for the sake of posterity and for custom games only, when can the movepools of the Hisuian forms (or at least their signature moves) be expected to be added to Showdown?
We are not planning to add the movepools at this time. There's very little point since there's no format and it's a large undertaking.

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
How does matchmaking work exactly on the ladder? from personal experience you won't get matched up against the same opponent twice in a row at least and the program attempts to have you fight against players in somewhat similar elo ranges but then there's those outlier cases where sometimes it throws 1600 elo users at me despite me not even being above 1300 and vice versa. This is not supposed to be a criticism, I'm just curious. Also, I only play old gens where there's a smaller player base if that has anything to do with it.
The max ELO difference increases the longer you're queued.
It starts at 100 (50 for current gen OU and randbats) and gradually increases to 300 over a minute (75 seconds for OU/randbats) of being queued. If you're queued even longer then the tolerance continues to increase, but 10x slower.

hello,I am playing a lot of gen 3 ou in pokemon showdown,I don't know about the other generations but this one does not seem to be following the rule about baton pass.

here are the rules:
https://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/formats/ou/

pokemon showdown does not let you use baton pass users that can pass more than one stat even though there is no such rule against it.
even if there was such rule against it for some reason you can have a baton pass user who has both focus energy and agility.

I would guess because of a lack of time. Smogon formats frequently change rules so it probably takes considerable amounts of time to keep up with it.

Is there any way to challenge friends to multi-battles or ffa using a team and not just random Pokémon. And if not is there any plan to?

nya

<3
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
Is there any way to challenge friends to multi-battles or ffa using a team and not just random Pokémon. And if not is there any plan to?

There should be an option for the "Free-For-All" format when challenging someone. Unlike "Free-For-All Random Battle", this should give the ability to use your own team. You can find it under Other Metagames.

I bet people have already asked this, but the ability to sort by ZU in the teambuilder would be helpful. You can filter by every other usage tier (ZU is usage based right? It makes sense for it to be)

I think that it already does this if you are building a ZU team. It lists a bunch of PU Pokémon but under the header "Below PU".

Yea, i mean when you are building in other tiers. Like tier shift, where you want to use the lowest tier pokemon, but the builder doesn't know this and assumes you want OU mons. Yes you can filter by BST, but you are already able to filter by other tiers by typing in "OU" or "RU" so I don't know why it shouldn't be the same for Below PU

nya

<3
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
How can I play against BOT like FutureSightAI on pokemon showdown?
PS doesn’t natively support bot challenges, so if and how you can challenge bots entirely depends on how the bot owner has configured their bot.

Typically you can contact the bot owner to get this information, but in the case of FutureSightAI there’s a thread detailing exactly how to challenge it that I found after about 5 seconds of research.

why are mew latios and latias banned in gen 3?
mew has got the exact same stats as jiarchi and celebi,which are not banned.
and latios and latias aren't that powerful without the soul dew,so why not ban the soul dew instead of banning these two?

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
why are mew latios and latias banned in gen 3?
mew has got the exact same stats as jiarchi and celebi,which are not banned.
and latios and latias aren't that powerful without the soul dew,so why not ban the soul dew instead of banning these two?
Hi! This thread is for questions more specifically related to the simulator rather than Smogon tiering decisions. The ADV [Gen 3] Smogon subforum has a thread similar to this one where probably you'll get a faster answer and with more quality than here. Also, if you want a more fluid debate about Mew, Latios and Latias in ADV, you can go to the RoA room on PS! and inquiry about them there.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Is it possible to have a battle where you give a Pokemon a different type to its usual one, either through commands or doing something in the teambuilder then playing a custom game?

Is it possible to have a battle where you give a Pokemon a different type to its usual one, either through commands or doing something in the teambuilder then playing a custom game?
Camomons allows you to change a Pokémon's type to that of its first two moves. Other than that the only other type-changing format that I can think of was Type Control (which gave you full control over its type) but that was back in Gen 6.

This is the place to ask questions that can be answered in a single post. Threads are meant for discussion, and questions like those don't provide that. Before you post here, check your post wouldn't be better suited to one of these threads:
If you have one of those questions, great! Just scan over this list first:
  1. Make sure it's related to the Pokemon Showdown simulator. In-game questions go in Orange Islands, while battling questions are more suited to the relevant Smogon Metagames subforum.
  2. Google is a cool resource - try searching there first. It only takes a matter of seconds, and might resolve your issue quickly without resorting to this thread.
  3. If you're new to Smogon in general, the Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread thread is the perfect place to find your feet.
  4. There's some good stuff on the sim page on the PS site - including a general FAQ and staff FAQ.
Answering a question? Some tips:
  1. Even if it's a really basic question, it'd be awesome if you could provide a very brief explanation to prevent the need for further questions.
  2. Please quote the question you're replying to, to avoid confusion.
Is there any way I can start a new meta game like the one for Radical Red? I've come u0 a list of alternate Pokemon stats and I was thinking about turning it into an actual meta game. Would any of you know how I could do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)