Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Not being able to log in without the correct password is the point of a password system.
sorry I phrased that really bad lol. I can't log in because my password isn't working, but I didn't change it. Is there a way to reset it without logging in? my bad

This is the place to ask questions that can be answered in a single post. Threads are meant for discussion, and questions like those don't provide that. Before you post here, check your post wouldn't be better suited to one of these threads:
If you have one of those questions, great! Just scan over this list first:
  1. Make sure it's related to the Pokemon Showdown simulator. In-game questions go in Orange Islands, while battling questions are more suited to the relevant Smogon Metagames subforum.
  2. Google is a cool resource - try searching there first. It only takes a matter of seconds, and might resolve your issue quickly without resorting to this thread.
  3. If you're new to Smogon in general, the Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread thread is the perfect place to find your feet.
  4. There's some good stuff on the sim page on the PS site - including a general FAQ and staff FAQ.
Answering a question? Some tips:
  1. Even if it's a really basic question, it'd be awesome if you could provide a very brief explanation to prevent the need for further questions.
  2. Please quote the question you're replying to, to avoid confusion.
Hi, do you know where I can get information as to how usage stats are compiled? I've been curious as to how the data is gotten for some time now and couldn't really wrap my head around on how it is collected.

Is there any way to play smaller metagames on Showdown Mobile? (I wanna play LGPE)
The list is way smaller than in PC version. Dont know if its like that or i can expand the list

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Is there any way to play smaller metagames on Showdown Mobile? (I wanna play LGPE)
The list is way smaller than in PC version. Dont know if its like that or i can expand the list
The list of formats is the same, the difference is that there are more formats available when you directly challenge a specific player - these do not have their own ladder due to lack of interest from the playerbase.

why does my PS avatar keep resetting to default? Shouldn't my selection be stored in PS' database where it would be permanent until i choose to change it?

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
why does my PS avatar keep resetting to default? Shouldn't my selection be stored in PS' database where it would be permanent until i choose to change it?
Avatar settings arent stored on the server at all, theyre stored in your localstorage with your teams, client settings, etc.

Please help me

I am a user in Pokemon showdown and my account name is "death note xd" since 3 days I massage someone or in a any room my massage doesn't shows please help me also I am using showdown for 2 years and this problem also occurred 1 month before but it fixed after some restarts but this time it is not working I don't know if this a bug so please help me also even staff members can't see my massages

Last edited:
Since you're typing in the Pokemon field, the matched pokemon I believe matches the filter you type as you type it in, aka: "b" to "bu" to "bul" and then "bull". The matched Pokemon doesn't just use their english names though, they also use any aliases assorted with them like "bull" (https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/data/aliases.ts see line 686).
As "bull" doesn't match up with any names except Tauros's alias "bull", the teampicker defaulted to Tauros until there were no more mons left when on "bulle" to "bullet punch". Of course you can go on filtering "Bullet Punch" and pick Metagross as you please, but it's due to the search selecting the last mon or its alias in serach.

Since you're typing in the Pokemon field, the matched pokemon I believe matches the filter you type as you type it in, aka: "b" to "bu" to "bul" and then "bull". The matched Pokemon doesn't just use their english names though, they also use any aliases assorted with them like "bull" (https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/data/aliases.ts see line 686).
As "bull" doesn't match up with any names except Tauros's alias "bull", the teampicker defaulted to Tauros until there were no more mons left when on "bulle" to "bullet punch". Of course you can go on filtering "Bullet Punch" and pick Metagross as you please, but it's due to the search selecting the last mon or its alias in serach.
Thanks a lot!
Man, I thought it was a bug ;-;

Will moveset buffs that came with the Home update through PLA (Like Gardevoir learning Ice beam and Recover) get added to showdown or no?

Bella

Not a furry
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1653176055614.png

when selecting the name button on gen 5, dwebble is repeated twice. the same goes with bronzor. any reason for this?
1653176091743.png

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Question: has anyone else been receiving an issue where the ads are blocking the game chat, and cannot be removed? Attaching an image below. Asking here because unsure where to post (please forgive me).

EDIT: it shows a black X, but clicking it on mobile does nothing at all.

Attachments

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
I don't know whether to ask this here or in OI so please redirect me if this is wrong.

In gen 1, it's saying that Kakuna can't learn Harden with Poison Sting or String Shot, but Metapod can learn Harden with Tackle and String Shot. I tried googling and it says they both learn Harden at level 1 so I assume that means Metapod shouldn't be able to learn Harden in combination with Tackle or SS? I didn't want to post this in bugs in case there's something I'm missing

Screenshot_20220527-205825.png

Screenshot_20220527-205834.png

I don't know whether to ask this here or in OI so please redirect me if this is wrong.

In gen 1, it's saying that Kakuna can't learn Harden with Poison Sting or String Shot, but Metapod can learn Harden with Tackle and String Shot. I tried googling and it says they both learn Harden at level 1 so I assume that means Metapod shouldn't be able to learn Harden in combination with Tackle or SS? I didn't want to post this in bugs in case there's something I'm missing
Metapod learns Harden at level 7 in Yellow only.
1653769069839.png

Why does PS not accept level 1 mons that can be gotten in that form from GO? Best example is a Sturdy Level 1 Donphan. It can be gotten by transferring a Donphan from GO to BDSP (All GO mons are level 1 when put into a main-series game), and any moves on Donphan's normal learnset can be learned from another Donphan if they're left in the daycare together (Only in BDSP, as this mechanic was added in gen 8, but Donphan isn't in SwSh).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)