B&W Research Thread

Oshi I got credit on Future Sight yay :P

Ontopic: I have a question here, are moves such as Outrage, Superpower and all other moves taught by previous generations move tutors such as TMs like SR banned on WiFi of Black and White? Also, is this going to be implemented in Shoddy? That will be the end of Outrage Salamence and SR.

I searched the whole thread, not a mention on the new ability Analyze. Low priority, but:

- What is the boost on your attacks for moving last?
- Does it effect attack and special attack?

Asked by pedtrie911 earlier:

"It was mentioned that Future Sight and Doom Desire are no longer typeless. Do they get STAB?"

Can somebody please test this? If Doom Desire gets STAB now, Jirachi has another nice tool to play with.

If doom desire has a type, it is countered by dark types.

Also, if you use troll, is it boosted only by pokemon that are on the field (for 3v3 battles) or in your party? And by how much?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this have been said:

If a flying or levitating pokemon gets hit by Knock Down it loses its inmunity to ground attacks. This effects longs at least 1 turn (the turn your opponent uses knock down and the next turn at least). I can't clarify it more because the battle didn't last more D:

PS: I discovered the tailwind's lenght before the ones in the OP, but meh, it doesn't matter xD
We know about Knock Down's effect, but we don't know how long it lasts. I'll add it to the OP.

Also, if you can link me to that post I'll credit you in the OP.

Also, if you use troll, is it boosted only by pokemon that are on the field (for 3v3 battles) or in your party? And by how much?
"Troll" is Sing A Round, which is already mentioned in the OP. We still don't know what kind of boost it gets.

Well, i've tested the knock down thing

It lasts until the pokemon hited by it is changed. However it's not like gravity, you can use fly/bounce or stuff like that but when the pokemon lands the ground is still under the effect of knock down. You can switch the mon that used kock down and the effect will be still in play. I've tested it in a double wild battle against wargle pre-evo and and random stuff using gigaiasu with knock down and earthquake and wargle with fly. i've wasted all eartquake's pp's twice (eter) and switched giagaiasu for hihidaruma with earthquake and wargle was still hitted by it.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heavy Bomber mechanics in Pokémon Black & White

Heavy Bomber mechanics tests and calcs all in one spot:

- Mien.´s initial test batch
- Mien.´s second test batch
- Mien.´s third test batch
- Peterko´s first round of damage calcs
- Mien.´s fourth test batch
- Peterko´s second round of damage calcs
- Mien.´s fifth test batch
- Peterko´s third round of damage calcs
- Mien.´s sixth test batch
- Peterko´s post about possible Heavy Bomber mechanics according to Mien.´s results
- Mien.´s seventh test batch proving the mechanics described in the above post

Heavy Bomber mechanics:

[size=-2]A) 120 base power, if target´s weight is lower or equal to 1/5 (20%) of user´s weight.
B) 100 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/5 (20%) of user´s weight and lower or equal to 1/4 (25%) of user´s weight.
C) 80 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/4 (25%) of user´s weight and lower or equal to 1/2 (50%) of user´s weight.
D) 60 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/3 (33.3%) of user´s weight and lower or equal to 1/2 of user´s weight (50%).
E) 40 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/2 (50%) of user´s weight.
[/size]

Thanks for the tests, Mien.
Well done!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone tested Shadow Tag, Drizzle, Drought and Stealth Rock on 4x weak pokémon yet?

Well, i've tested the knock down thing

It lasts until the pokemon hited by it is changed. However it's not like gravity, you can use fly/bounce or stuff like that but when the pokemon lands the ground is still under the effect of knock down. You can switch the mon that used kock down and the effect will be still in play. I've tested it in a double wild battle against wargle pre-evo and and random stuff using gigaiasu with knock down and earthquake and wargle with fly. i've wasted all eartquake's pp's twice (eter) and switched giagaiasu for hihidaruma with earthquake and wargle was still hitted by it.
Wait, so how does the effect disappear?

If I understand it correctly, he means that the user of Knock Down can switch and the target will still be knocked down, whereas switching the target out will remove the effect.

Not sure if this is known but something that is worth knowing about the rotation triple battles.

Pursuit does not hit the pokemon rotating out, it will hit the pokemon that rotates into the battle.

Test subject - Zeburaika (Zebra) vs my Purotooga (Turtle), I rotated Emboar's pre evo into battle, Pursuit then hit my starter and not the turtle I had just rotated out.

The Zebra was faster than both the turtle and my starter too.
I'd interpret this as 'rotation does not count as a switch'. Try testing Pursuit when used by a slower Pokémon; if it doesn't count as a switch, it will go last.

This is something I found concerning the RNG. I'm playing on an emulator (using a game i ripped myself! lol)

I was running around and saw shaking grass. I saved state, ran in, and got the flying squirrel. I then loaded the state, ran in a different way (took less steps) and Tabunne showed up. This is a minor discovery, but it just shows that the RNG doesn't set the pokemon in the grass until it is entered.

Sorry if this thread is focused more on battle mechanics, but I figured this wasn't important enough to create a thread.

This is something I found concerning the RNG. I'm playing on an emulator (using a game i ripped myself! lol)

I was running around and saw shaking grass. I saved state, ran in, and got the flying squirrel. I then loaded the state, ran in a different way (took less steps) and Tabunne showed up. This is a minor discovery, but it just shows that the RNG doesn't set the pokemon in the grass until it is entered.

Sorry if this thread is focused more on battle mechanics, but I figured this wasn't important enough to create a thread.
That is pretty interesting, considering that the RNG does not advance every 128 steps anymore. Ah I wish we knew axactly how the RNG works as soon as the englisch Version comes out...

My Urugamosu lost up to 50% of its HP in a random WiFi battles as it switched in with stealth rock on the field.
Confirming what we already know, that SR hasn't changed, as the exact same thing happened in my last B/W battle, only it was my opponent's Urugamosu instead.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We're getting so many conflicting reports about what you can and can't bring on random Wi-Fi. Perhaps the built-in hack-checker is smart enough to know which generation a Pokemon came from and to not allow 3rd and 4th-gen-only moves on a 5th-gen Pokemon.

It would be nice if, in future, people reporting what they can and can't use on random Wi-Fi could specify how they got the moves on their Pokemon and where the Pokemon originally came from.

In 4th gen, the RNG advances every single time you take a step in tall grass, so this doesn't seem to behave any differently going off of what you've typed here.

They aren't. I just used a Scizor with Superpower (PtHGSS tutor move) and Mimic (FRLG tutor move) on random wifi with no trouble.
Interesting. If that's the case and previous players' accounts have also been true, then maybe wi-fi's legal movesets have been updated?

It would be nice if, in future, people reporting what they can and can't use on random Wi-Fi could specify how they got the moves on their Pokemon and where the Pokemon originally came from.
Somebody had previously reported that a 100% legitimate Superpower Scizor was rejected, but a "blatantly hacked" IV/Nature combination with a 5th gen moveset passed through.

In 4th gen, the RNG advances every single time you take a step in tall grass, so this doesn't seem to behave any differently going off of what you've typed here.

Interesting. If that's the case and previous players' accounts have also been true, then maybe wi-fi's legal movesets have been updated?

Somebody had previously reported that a 100% legitimate Superpower Scizor was rejected, but a "blatantly hacked" IV/Nature combination with a 5th gen moveset passed through.
Maybe it just won't allow for Pokéshifted pokemon on random wifi?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)