BH Balanced Hackmons Central Resources

Aggron mega: Unranked -> c

Excellent typing in mono steel with 230 defense makes Aggron a worthy alternative to Registeel and Steelix-mega. It has higher attack than either of them allowing it to hit stuff hard with a stab move such as Anchor or Sunsteel (I suggest Anchor to trap Imposter). Sunsteel does a huge amount to Tyranitar-mega though, almost an OHKO after stealth rock, and hits Shedinja. It also can KO Normgar with Steelium-Z but it has only 8 pp which means you'll probably run out quicker than you'd like. Overall it's a niche pick that's especially good for improofing or stallbreaking better than Registeel due to its stronger offenses.
Sets:
BabyBabyBabyO (Aggron-Mega) @ Steelium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
- Poison Fang
- Rapid Spin / Parting Shot
A worthy check to many Mega Diancie sets that run Boomburst + Ground or fire coverage. Can also trap Imposter, and it can usually force a spin against all but Poison Heal or Comatose Giratina with Poison Fang. Steelium-Z boosted Anchor Shot deals about 80% to Normalize Mega Gengar,, which isn't enough to kill, but leaves it in easy range of chip from even Mega Diancie's Pixie Plate Extreme Speed. You can also run Parting Shot with Darkinium-Z.

Chunk (Aggron-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
- Entrainment / Worry Seed
- Spectral Thief / Spiky Shield / Will-o-Wisp / Nuzzle

A worthy setup check, able to handle things like Smash Ttar, PH regigigas, PH Xerneas, and Some Belly Drum sets.
+6 252+ Atk Kartana Sacred Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Aggron-Mega: 238-280 (69.3 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

HeavyMetalMan (Aggron-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-Turn
- Nuzzle / Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer / Rapid Spin / Knock Off

Regenvest is a nice sturdy check to stuff like Mega Diancie, Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, all of who are punished severely for trying to push the issue with Sunsteel, far more than Registeel would anyway. Greater physical bulk lets it comfortably live boomburst into v-create from Mega Diancie as well as Boomburst into v-create from Kyurem-B. It can also handle things like Specs MMY's Adaptability Psycho Boost or Psystrike very well (tinted Lens is still a 2hKO). Unfortunately, it still loses to Normalize Gengar.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Aggron-Mega: 153-180 (44.6 - 52.4%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO

Other sets to consider include Mold Breaker and Simple Smash, which are kind of inconsistent but can really screw up your opponent's game if the matchup is good and you play them right. Definitely worth a spot on the VR though.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Aggron mega: Unranked -> c

Excellent typing in mono steel with 230 defense makes Aggron a worthy alternative to Registeel and Steelix-mega. It has higher attack than either of them allowing it to hit stuff hard with a stab move such as Anchor or Sunsteel (I suggest Anchor to trap Imposter). Sunsteel does a huge amount to Tyranitar-mega though, almost an OHKO after stealth rock, and hits Shedinja. It also can KO Normgar with Steelium-Z but it has only 8 pp which means you'll probably run out quicker than you'd like. Overall it's a niche pick that's especially good for improofing or stallbreaking better than Registeel due to its stronger offenses.
Sets:
BabyBabyBabyO (Aggron-Mega) @ Steelium Z / Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
- Poison Fang
- Rapid Spin / Parting Shot
A worthy check to many Mega Diancie sets that run Boomburst + Ground or fire coverage. Can also trap Imposter, and it can usually force a spin against all but Poison Heal or Comatose Giratina with Poison Fang. Steelium-Z boosted Anchor Shot deals about 80% to Normalize Mega Gengar,, which isn't enough to kill, but leaves it in easy range of chip from even Mega Diancie's Pixie Plate Extreme Speed. You can also run Parting Shot with Darkinium-Z.

Chunk (Aggron-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
- Entrainment / Worry Seed
- Spectral Thief / Spiky Shield / Will-o-Wisp / Nuzzle

A worthy setup check, able to handle things like Smash Ttar, PH regigigas, PH Xerneas, and Some Belly Drum sets.
+6 252+ Atk Kartana Sacred Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Aggron-Mega: 238-280 (69.3 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

HeavyMetalMan (Aggron-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-Turn
- Nuzzle / Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer / Rapid Spin / Knock Off

Regenvest is a nice sturdy check to stuff like Mega Diancie, Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, all of who are punished severely for trying to push the issue with Sunsteel, far more than Registeel would anyway. Greater physical bulk lets it comfortably live boomburst into v-create from Mega Diancie as well as Boomburst into v-create from Kyurem-B. It can also handle things like Specs MMY's Adaptability Psycho Boost or Psystrike very well (tinted Lens is still a 2hKO). Unfortunately, it still loses to Normalize Gengar.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Aggron-Mega: 153-180 (44.6 - 52.4%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO

Other sets to consider include Mold Breaker and Simple Smash, which are kind of inconsistent but can really screw up your opponent's game if the matchup is good and you play them right. Definitely worth a spot on the VR though.
I would consider Perish Song in the Soundproof Set. Aegislash can also block Poison Fang, and not be trapped by it. Gengar-Mega can Entrainment, avoid trapping, and doesn’t fear Poison Fang on the switch either. Most Steels, in fact, have U-Turn, including Registeel which hinders its ability to Poison Fang and take advantage of Anchor Shot.

Overall, I think it should be in the VR. I feel C is a little high, and since there is no C-, or D+, I would suggest it get added as D.

I think the main concern is that the advantages over Steelix-Mega have to be acknowledged and compared:

Steelix-Mega Pros:
1.-Slower Speed means if it Anchor Shots; it can Poison Fang on the opponent’s U-Turn; avoid/exploit Core Enforcer.
2.-Higher SpD would better enable a RegenVest set.
3.- Ground-Typing provides good secondary STAB, such as hitting Gengar-Mega with a STAB Z-Ground move, an immunity to Nuzzle, and other Electric moves (while making it a perfect Imposter check to most Zekrom sets; if you use Zekrom on the same team), and doubles Rock’s resistance (CBand Magic Guard Head Smash Aerodactyl-Mega).
4.-Lower Attack means it is easier to Improof, (I.e. that Fire Punch, Anchor Shot, Shore Up, Leech Seed Set Zovrah and others like).
**Questionable.- Weakness to Water is basically limited to Kyogre-Primal and maybe Slowbro-Mega, as Ash-Greninja and Palkia are not common enough. (Gyarados-Mega and Swampert prefer their other STAB, and Swampert could just use Ground moves for both Aggron-Mega and Steelix-Mega anyways).
****It’s neutrality to Grass (Aggron has a resistance) was largely an issue due to Sceptile-Mega, as Kartana hits from the Physical side; plus Kartana would likely use V-Create or other Fire attacks like Sacred Fire, instead of Power Whip anyways. Sceptile-Mega without Contrary isn’t very useful.

Advantages for Aggron:
1.- Higher Attack/Speed for offensive sets.
2. Resistance to Ice, for Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, Grass for Kartana and Sceptile-Mega, and neutrality to Water for Kyogre-Primal, and Slowbro-Mega.
**Questionable- Easier to Improof bc it doesn’t use STAB Ground moves. If Steelix-Mega doesn’t use STAB Ground moves, then this is a non-issue, although Ground-Moves on Steelix-Mega is a niche.
Are there any good/interesting builds involving Final Gambit? It seems like an interesting option to seriously cripple certain Pokemon you can't get a foothold on, but I'm not sure what sort of build would support such a tactic.
I would suggest Scrappy Zygarde-Complete. Sometimes they run Scarf, which is why it is used over Blissey, as it has a higher Speed stat, but beware of opponents switching in Sturdy Shedinja.

Zygarde-Complete @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Trick / Spore
- Recover / Destiny Bond
- Doom Desire

Option 1: Lead with and use as an Instant KO, (before Imposter can randomly come in and scout your set [say on a double switch] and then they will switch to Shedinja and survive the Final Gambit thru Sturdy while KOing Zygarde-Complete).

Option 2:
Turn 1- Trick Scarf to Disarm and force a switch.
Turn 2 - Recover if needed, otherwise use Doom Desire on their switch.
Turn 3: Final Gambit. Send in a Steel-Type (preferred), like Steelworker / Simple Dialga.
Turn 4: Since anything weak to Steel will switch out or pivot out via U-Turn, you can just Tail Glow - Now, Doom Desire hits like a truck.

End Result: You disarmed a foe by using a Trick Scarf tactic, KOed a foe via Final Gambit, and hopefully KOed a foe with Doom Desire.

You can also replace Doom Desire with another long lasting effect to help your team after your Zygarde-Complete faints, such as Electric Terrain so that when your Final Gambit kills, you can use Surge Surfer (i.e. on Zekrom) to double your incoming Pokemon’s Speed and boost Electric hits, like Bolt Strike, and prevent any Sleep status.

Obviously this would be if you have another Terrain setter in case 3 turns remaining after, Final Gambit, to boost Surge Surfer are not enough. Grassy Terrain from Zygarde-Complete + Steelworker Kartana also work since Doom Desire gets a STAB boost essentially twice, and Power Whip also gets a STAB boost essentially twice as well.
Trick Room for slow sweepers, Gravity for Adaptability Mega-Garchomp/Hazards, and other options over the Terrain are also alternatives.

Last edited:
Are there any good/interesting builds involving Final Gambit? It seems like an interesting option to seriously cripple certain Pokemon you can't get a foothold on, but I'm not sure what sort of build would support such a tactic.
I was running Final Gambit on regenvest Zygarde which I've found to be quite good in practice. The team

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 2 Spe (Tech IVs to outspeed other Zygs and Gambit them)
- Beak Blast
- U-turn
- Final Gambit
- Core Enforcer

I used it mostly to take out an Audino, Ho-Oh or other fat mons that my team struggled with. It saved me a few times against some offensive threats too.
If you have a pursuit user or a spike on field you can also take out imposter Chansey but that's not really what I use it for. And you need a pretty powerful pursuit mon or a rocky helmet pursuit mon.
I didn't save many replays using this team but here's one where it saved me be killing Groudon, allowing my Diancie to win https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-909510818

What I like about this set is that it doesn't stop Regenvest Zygarde from performing its normal duties really well, it's just there when you need it, to save you in a pinch or to dent the opposing team.

I've also seen Final Gambit Lunala around paired with gengar or mmy with the goal being to beat the counter so that the latter mon can sweep. I like it in theory because similarly to my set, Lunala doesn't NEED to use final Gambit in every game in order to be effective, and also because of the fact that it beats ghost types normally. But fighting it I've found it really predictable and it didn't do much of anything whenever I encountered it.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone just some quick updates now that some of the dust has settled from the recent Contrary Ban.

We would like to start accepting new sample teams! Now I think we can start discussing some options to replace the old samples with. Post in this thread if you want us to consider it! We are looking for teams that are effective in the meta, but more importantly intuitive and easy to pick up and get going. They can be any kind of team, HO, Balanced or Stall. Bonus points if you use sets that are creative or offer something new rather than say picking the top 6 best mons and their best sets from analyses/setpedia. We'll evaluate and get back to you! We will accept submissions for samples until 6/24!

Other: We will performing the VR Update soon so provide any last inputs you may have had especially in the post-Contrary meta, and the same goes for Setpedia. Also we have been noticing some issues with the Setpedia being accessed and modified by people other than the BHC so we will be taking measures to secure it. At the time of the VR Update I will also make QoL updates to other resources.

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice about Final Gambit! I have another question, this time about Normalize Gengar. You can either run Judgement and Spooky Plate for more raw power, or Revelation Dance and free up your item slot/be less hindered by item loss. What is generally regarded as more consistent, and for Revelation Dance, what are good item choices? Life Orb seems like the obvious answer but I'm not sure how I feel about losing HP each turn on this set.

One more thing: do Trop Kick and Mystic Fire have any noteworthy utility? The 100% chance to lower the respective attackinng stat seems like it has potential but the lack of power behind these moves seems to nix any legitimate strength.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
E4 Flint i have a trash but good skwad
just too serious (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Clanging Scales
- Low Kick
- Strength Sap

lifes2short4this (Metagross-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike
- Spectral Thief

this might be it (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up
- Anchor Shot
- Stealth Rock

ill go dancing (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Moonblast
- Spiky Shield

ignorance&bliss (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

blow me (Yveltal) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Revelation Dance
- Strength Sap

honestly, this team probably isn't something you want on your samples until mega metagross makes it to the vr, but mega metagross fucking deserves a spot on the vr, it's good as fuck ridiculously powerful rker and it's defensive typing + bulk grants it a LOT of merit. i initially built this team for fun and tbh it's really fun to use but it's not that great sets like yvel and xern might need some changing, but like it's p fun p easy to use if you know how to click the switch button megagross is fucking broken, it deserves d at least. like really the entire point of this was to highlight how hot megagross rly is i think scarfregen is a good set but like it's a fast strong steel/psychic w good bulk and it's a fantastic rkiller. the other mons are meant to weaken or switch in on shit megagross hates. run megagross :blobthumbsup:

as mentioned this team needs revamping but yeah it's good at heart.

Funbot28 i did it

aaronarium I'd personally opt for Judgement for anti-Imposter stuff, although this makes you even weaker than normal to Knock Off. Otherwise if Imposter gets in you'll be forced out, which is problematic since they can then Entrain your mons.

Trop Kick and Mystic Fire are extremely niche. There's some potential utility due to the stat drops, but the low power and situational-ness of the moves hold them back. Ironically, they'd be more useful if they had a lower BP of 60 since then they'd have some possible utility on niche Technician sets. The stat drops are also completely blocked by Shield Dust and Clear Body. Which nobody runs, but could be handy for anti-Imposter if you run moves like that.

...also, Lunge might be better than Trop Kick for attack drops since it has higher power and a bit better coverage.

If you want a more useful 100% stat drop move, go for Serene Grace Octazooka/Leaf Tornado and troll the hell out of everyone. Or SG Night Daze if you want some actual oomph, although 80% only.

Or for less trolly, Fire Lash, which has a semi-usable power but lowers the target's defense guaranteed, which makes it hurt more and more and more if they don't switch, and works with most abilities. SG Seed Flare has a 80% to double drop Special Defense, which can be pretty brutal but isn't entirely reliable. SG Luster Purge will drop the target's Special Defense 100% of the time Acid Spray does pretty crappy damage, but the guaranteed double stat drop is pretty much forces a switch on any non-Steel types (Corrosive aside).

There's a lot of other options out there as well, like (Technician) Bulldoze and Low Sweep for speed.

Again, this is all pretty niche stuff so use at your own risk. Though done right, you can screw over a lot of unprepared opponents with a good Serene Grace abusing team.

Last edited:
Sample teams for you

Banette-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Ice Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shadow Sneak

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot
- Moongeist Beam

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Nuzzle

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Spikes
- King's Shield
- Glare

Zygarde-Complete @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 11 Spe
- Topsy-Turvy
- Defog
- Recover
- Nuzzle

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Parting Shot
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

Your objective is to get all the opposing offensive Pokemon paralyzed so that you can sweep with Kyurem-W boomburst which can easily break through everything, including Registeel, with some hazard chip. The paralysis also means that your opponent will miss a lot of turns, giving you plenty of momentum. And don't be afraid to click stuff like Knock Off against an obvious AV Kyogre switchin because without its Assault Vest, Kyogre is barely able to switch into Boomburst, and will take about 80 from Grass Knot. Bannette-Mega is also a really hard Pokemon to switch into, with most opponents desperately hoping that they switched in the Pokemon with the correct immunity. One wrong switch will usually be enough to get you any momentum back that you lost. This team also really takes advantage of Imposter, letting you either switch to your breakers freely or paralyze stuff.

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam

Fuck U Sunsteel (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Pursuit
- Extreme Speed
- Pain Split

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Haze

Chansey @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- Shore Up

Garchomp-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Shift Gear
- Dragon Hammer
- Bolt Strike

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Core Enforcer
- Metal Burst
- U-turn

Your objective here is either to set up a mega Garchomp sweep or to remove all of the Pokemon that would prevent Shedinja from walling the entire enemy team. This one's great for practicing double switches, especially since Registeel's pivot move is easily blocked by Dark-types and Bouncers. You must keep Shedinja alive if you are planning to use Garchomp, and luckily Zygarde is a great spinner, and can come in on a lot of attacks and force out Giratina to spin. Mega Gengar is improofed by your own Chansey which can set up Toxic Spikes as they switch out. Be careful of the low accuracy on Bolt Strike; but with the tough claws and a possible +1 it can easily remove things like Celesteela and Yveltal. Registeel' Encore can give you free turns too.

Shed Balance
This is the team I used in the Contrary suspect.

Imposter is necessary to scout the opponent given that you are running shed, and shed loves having the opponent scouted. Anchor shot can trap itself at the price of 3 layers of spikes, Yveltal at the price of eviolite, and Diancie for free. Since shed is level 1 and has pathetic stats, Anchor shot can also OHKO imposter shed after sturdy is broken. Heal bell is used to relieve the team of status. Spikes is extra pressure, Shore up is recovery.
Then comes shed. Shed has not suffered that much from the mold breaking moves. The set only uses endeavor as an attacking move, which means I can totally dump it to lv 1 and have the slowest pivot in the game. I use Baton Pass as the pivoting move because it doesn't make contact (no pads), can pp stall Rapid Spin and nobody ever tries to Taunt it since nobody wants to eat Endeavor. Lum Berry + Recycle is there as a status absorber. You can eat the Toxic, Poison Fang, Wisp, Beak Blast and so on which sometimes are used to kill it. If the need ever comes, you can switch it on tspikes too.
Toxic spikes are used because I can use gar to remove them, and also because the opponent trying to abuse my Diancie to remove them still ends up poisoned. Imposter shed is trapped and removed by yveltal, and killed by basically everything in the team.
Yveltal equipped with Magic Bounce is one of the mandatory hazards check that must be paried with shed. It is a great ghost check, which is immune to Endeavor, by virtue of Pursuit which guarantees chip damage. Knock Off ensures that there are no rocky helmets around. It also places Gengar in a tricky situation, since it both doesn't want being trapped and doesn't want being koffed. Recover is recovery and Defog is the second hazard check. Yveltal makes a good defogger as while it takes 1/4 from SR, it is immune to spikes. Removal of rocks can still be delegated to teammates.
Diancie is your generic attacker with Boomburst and Extreme Speed. Rapid Spin makes it a formidable hazard remover since nothing can spinblock it. Leftovers adds longevity which is appreciated over firepower. The last slot is flexible. Precipice Blades does solid damage to steels and to imposter, while Diamond Storm somehow deletes Ho-Oh; nobody sees it coming. The imposter is walled by shed, which can drop hp to 1 or lay hazards again.
Regen Lorb Gar is something I did not expect to work, but it works; a killing machine which is very difficult to chip at. Moongeist is stab and hits sheds and ghosts in general hard, while Volt Switch maintains momentum. It also does some good chip to pogre and celesteela; pogre takes 30% and cele has a chance of being 2hkoed by moongeist into volt switch. Sludge Wave is the secondary stab that ensures all fairies must think twice before staying in. Sludge Bomb is a legitimate alterative; while you have Chansey, which is the main improof (dialga also walls if you run ice beam), which can remove poisoning, you'd rather use the turn to lay spikes instead of healing preventable damage. The last move is picked depending on what you want to beat better. Ice beam, which is my favorite, OHKOes any Mray without priority (also including +0 Triage), and does a huge chunk to Zygod (minimum 73%). Moongeist into Ice Beam ensures the kill unless it has an AV (which you can see from the damage roll of Moongeist). Earth Power deals with Steels with dignity, with a 64% of 2hko on +SpD Registeel, which is in the realm of causing mind games if the first damage roll is high. Everything less bulky is obviously 2hkoed, including M-tar; if you catch it on the switch with Earth Power, you can play around Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Last is Secret Sword, which is specifically anti-Mtar, but leaves the improof weak to it. Mgar can emergency switch into Diancie Espeed and Boomburst, but you don't kill it unless they are severely chipped and you use Moongeist, somewhat chipped and you use Earth Power, or alternatively if you are feeling a troll you can opt to run Flash Cannon and OHKO it.
RegenVest Dialga is a good compromise between bulk and firepower. Core Enforcer doesn't need an explanation, but you might want to creep with 1-2 speed IVs Giratina running min speed and 2hko it with Core Enforcer, at the price of the secondary effect. Doom Desire seems out of place, but it's actually in a terrifying combo; Doom Desire allows shed to kill everything bar ghosts with Endeavor in a single turn (unless they protect or place a sub, but not a sub from something weak to Doom Desire), as Doom Desire will always remove the last hp after shedinja uses Endeavor, and given that it's way too slow for everything, there's no way to recover the damage between Endeavor and Doom Desire. The common counterplay is switching in a ghost, but all of them are Pursuit trappable by Yveltal or fodder to Diancie. The possible presence of Tspikes may make everything even worse, as while mgar can remove them, aegislash ignores them and others may run PH, the process is not without pain; Mgar takes 74% and gets pursuit trapped, Aegislash almost never survives Koff into Pursuit (and definitely doesn't with doom desire chip), Giratina does not have time to properly recompose itself as 4/6 the team can heavily damage it, not including imposter, and other ghosts are garbage. Sending imposter in on shed kills it immediately unless it is pristine and Tspikes are not on the field, and even then it is at 1hp. U-turn is pivoting and the last move is flexible. Revelation Dance immediately scares fairies and rocks, while Rapid Spin is the fourth hazard check. I don't feel the need for it, and probably neither will you, but shed will prevent the removal, and that is nice. Spectral thief can turn the tables on some boosters like Triage ray.

Watch out for mold breaker pursuit, weather and mold breaking moves out of nowhere!

Last edited:
Sheer Force Deo-A Balance
Balance team built around Sheer Force Deoxys-Attack. PH MMX provides Rocks against Shed. Giratina acts as a physical sponge while FC Chansey acts as the special sponge. Mega Audino provides improofing and hazard removal. Imposter rounds the team off. FC Chansey is improofed by MMX; Giratina is improofed by Mega Audino; Deoxys-A is improofed by FC Chansey; MMX is improofed by Mega Audino; Mega Audino is improofed by FC Chansey; Imposter is improofed by MMX. Shadow Ball/Bug Buzz is an option on 4th moveslot of Deoxys-A to help against Cresselia. Anchor Shot on Mega Audino can be considered.

Mixed Garchomp Balance
Balance team built around Mixed Adaptability Mega Garchomp. Tapu Bulu is the Prankster for the team and can switch into fat Dragons and Darks. Primal Kyogre provides hazard, status, and late game sweep potential. Giratina acts as the Shed switch-in and hazard removal. Ho-Oh is the -ate and Xerneas check. Imposter rounds the team off. Mega Garchomp is improofed by Tapu Bulu; Tapu Bulu is improofed by Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre; Primal Kyogre is improofed by itself or Giratina; Giratina is improofed by Tapu Bulu; Ho-Oh is improofed by itself or Giratina; Imposter is improofed by Primal Kyogre or Giratina.

Triage Char-Y Balance
Balance team built around Triage Volt Switch Mega Charizard Y. Giratina acts as the physical sponge. Xerneas provides great utility and improofing as well as late game sweeping potential. Toxapex provides hazard control and acts as a NormGar check. Mega Tyranitar provides strong priority and a Rayquaza check. Imposter rounds the team off. Mega Charizard Y is improofed by Mega Tyranitar or Chansey; Giratina is improofed by Xerneas; Xerneas is improofed by Toxapex; Toxapex is improofed by itself and Giratina; Mega Tyranitar is improofed by Xerneas; Imposter is improofed by everyone. Pursuit is an option on Mega Ttar over Sucker Punch.

Soundproof Bulu Balance
Balance team built around two strong breakers Band Mega Garchomp and Specs Mega Rayquaza that capitulate on each others checks. Tapu Bulu provides improofing and acts as a semi-ate check and also provides hazards and a soft switch-in to Dragons and Darks. Giratina provides hazard removal and Shed switch-in. FC Chansey acts as a special sponge and a primary -ate check and Mega Gengar check. Cresselia checks Mewtwos and is the Prankster of the team. Tapu Bulu is improofed by itself; Mega Garchomp is improofed by Tapu Bulu; Mega Rayquaza is improofed by Tapu Bulu and FC Chansey; Giratina is improofed by Tapu Bulu; FC Chansey is improofed by Tapu Bulu; Cresselia is improofed by itself and Tapu Bulu. Secret Sword can be used over Earth Power on Rayquaza.

Tapu Bulu is actually good btw.

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Groudon and Mewtwo Balance with the RMT here.
This team has seen success on the ladder and in room tours for almost a year now. Primal Groudon and Sheer Force Mega Mewtwo Y provide lots of offensive pressure while Poison Heal Mega Mewtwo X gives the team offensive utility and longevity. Mummy Registeel forces out -ate attackers and physical Poison Heal users like Regigigas. Fur Coat Chansey is a nice blanket check for offensive threats. Prankster Giratina is a nice check for most setup sweepers with Haze and Destiny Bond.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
are we finally moving past the era where you had to manually screenshot the team in your builder? thank GOD

double shell stall: https://pokepast.es/600d3dfe90e0a9e0

stall team with 2 shed shell imposter, meant to beat conventional anti-stall strategies like trapping and -ate spam (imposter gets worn down a lot slower when u have 2 of them). use gear/unaware chans/gira as well as the 2 imposters liberally to shut down opposing strategies while getting your own initiative with this ogre set. if you can hold off their offensive presence for long enough, ogre can eventually get up rocks against even the most annoying of magic bouncers. replays: one and two from bh spring seasonal

penguin balance: https://pokepast.es/08805388cb679b93

shedinja team that focuses on aggressively stacking hazards so that all 3 of shed, xern, and ray become threats in the late game. penguin counters all ph xerns lacking earth power (which lose to shed) while zyg counters gengar. usually you have multiple potential plays for each situation, so use that to your advantage like in this game where i switched to shed, then immediately to ray on ho-oh to scout. this team is relatively hard to use but can achieve incredible consistency if played well. for more information check out the rmt here.

aurora veil offense: https://pokepast.es/8d7ca033c8b71b0a

relatively easy to use team that's somewhat inconsistent but can usually do well and gets quick games, and it can also be modified fairly easily without detracting too muchfrom the viability of the team. the basic goal of this team is just to set up veil then set up with your mon of choice. zygarde under veil is a great option to prevent opposing setup sweepers like drummers and imposter from breaking through the team, while the core of diancie + pdon can beat out most prank users making it a lot easier to beat fat teams. ph regi does extremely well vs offense especially with veil to shut down many attempts to stop him from setting up. most of the time you can lead registeel but sometimes they have some guy like pdon or mmx who can threaten to ohko him, in this case u should probably lead with ray or something. evs/nature on diancie guarantee ohko on scarf imposter after smash while minimizing the chance (~30%) that u will be ohkod in return. if you want some tips on modifying this veil team or making your own check out this post on veil.

edit: sugarhigh posted his sun team back here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3587475/post-8107421 and i wanna make sure that doesnt get forgotten about

Last edited:
Ray Offense
Use TG Ray to destroy stuff, Ray is completely improof by Regi (frustration/return), when imposter comes in on Ray, use the chance to switch to Regi to set up. TTAR hits most things hards while Mgar allows you to get rid of Shed easily (keep MGAR alive when there is shed in opponent team). Steelix is your physical wall and also helps you to trap and kill common min speed steel types such as registeel. Necrozma is your -ate check and to a certain extent your special wall. Regi imp roofs Ray, Steelix Improofs Regi and TTAR, Mgar is self improofed

Surprise Scarf
Scarfed MMX grab surprise kills on mons such as MMY, Bee and scarfed can be tricked away if team preview shows no mon to outspeed. Specs Ray and magic guard Diancie tears through most mons. While Necrozma acts as a late game sweeper. Will be self-improofed by mega-evolve as long as imposter is not scarfed (so try to scout out before Necrozma is played). Zygarde and Aegislash are there to act as defensive mons to round out the team. MMX improof by Zygarde, diancie and Ray improof by Aegi

PDon + Band Adapt TTar Offense
This is a team made by me that superSkylake helped touch up and finalize. The main gameplan of the team is to use MMX and TTar to pick off Zyg + Gira allowing for PDon to clean up. It’s pretty easy to use, as typically all it requires is to just click the attack that does the most damage and doesn’t really take much in-depth thought. The main weakness this team has is to TriRay, but it can be played around using FakeOut on MMX and/or using TTar’s bulk to kill it before it gets set up.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/ca807b9bc691cb9a

It's a Hyper Offense team that made a good performance at the BH SSNL (5 victories / 2 loses).
Originally, the Sceptile was Contrary, but with Contrary ban, I changed it to Mold Breaker (and still working).

Some replays (at the BH SSNL with a Sceptile Contrary):
-https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-908373031
-https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-903950065
I am so happy the Moldy Sceptile Set is working out for you!

I’m glad I posted it, bc I think it could have been an option for Sceptile even before the Contrary Ban, as it would bypass Unaware and Magic Bounce Spore.

Thanks for trying it out!

Here is a set I came up with Chessking345 a month or so ago. I thought of Magic Bounce for Muk-Alolan so it could check Entrainment Gengar-Mega, and so that it would serve as a nice surprise check to Improof Giratina and MMY.

Diancie-Mega packs a Diamond Storm to handle Ho-Oh that expect Spikes and resisted coverage moves.

Here is the sample team-

https://pokepast.es/2d001c26b0992643

Muk-A is a low key MVP for the team, serving as an alternative to Magic Bounce Registeel, while still sporting an immunity to Poison Fang, while the advantages include less weaknesses, and it can absorb Toxic Spikes from the opponent. STAB Knock Off off of decent Atk is another’s plus.

Edit- Corrected a typo in the Link, MMY should be fine now, as a Timid nature.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PH Spikes Xern + Specs Aerilate Ray Balance | RMT Link
My favorite team right now. PH Xerneas is a fantastic Spikes setter, able to lay them down on various Magic Bouncers like Giratina, Magearna, and others. Spikes then benefits Rayquaza by turning some 3HKOs into 2HKOs, most notably Registeel and Chansey. Dialga/Ho-oh/Giratina is a pretty good defensive core - Giratina handles physical attackers, Dialga handles special attackers, and Ho-oh handles the walls, as well as other threats like PH or Refrigerate MMX. Chansey glues the team together by helping to force out problematic mons like Kyurem-White and Specs Diancie-Mega, though I’ve experimented with Soundproof Audino there as well. Zovrah and Chessking keep bugging me to change Dialga so you could replace it with like Levitate Registeel or something.

Merciless MMY + PTouch Pheromosa Balance | more information
My other, pretty consistent team. I wanted to build around Merciless but didn't find Corrosion very effective, so I settled on Poison Touch instead. Poison Touch Pheromosa is great at spreading poisons by spamming U-Turn while threatening any Steel-types that want to switch in. The only thing it's hard-walled by is PH Zyg, but you could theoretically put Ice Hammer on Pheromosa since Imposter only does ~35% to Giratina with it. Cresselia walls most MMXs, Registeel walls most -ates, Giratina sets TSpikes and improofs Pheromosa, and Muk removes TSpikes and provides a secondary special wall.

Sniper MMX + Shedinja Semistall | more information
This is a more fun team that may or may not be completely consistent, I haven't decided yet. Basically after a Focus Energy MMX kills any switchin besides Shed, not even caring about Strength Sap or King's Shield or anything. Shedinja improofs MMX, Regenvest Ho-Oh is a really fat special tank, Registeel bounces hazards to support Shed, Giratina walls almost any physical attacker, and Chansey is an excellent scout. I've also tried using Focus Energy Baton Pass Shedinja as a much cooler way to give MMX Focus Energy without it needing to take a hit or force something out, but I needed more insurance against opposing Shedinjas so I decided against it.

GENERAL_Zhou

Banned deucer.
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Giga Drain

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Dazzling
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Electrify

Chansey @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Soft-Boiled
- Trick

Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sludge Wave
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Spectral Thief
- Spikes
- Taunt

Lead with Deoxys to get hazards up. Taunt if necessary and sack it. Keep the dazzling one alive if they have imposter so they don’t sweep with MRay. Lightning Rod one is good to beat annoying regenvests. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Mold Breaker beats unaware and Chansey counters most setup. Good for if you want to get high elo fast. Not recommended if you’re aiming for high gxe.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-926971188
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-926993892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927016152
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927005320
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927025840
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927108312
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927464777
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927472413
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927542346
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927635859
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927641505
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927657526

Got to 1809 elo in one day with team:

3656205C-DC6B-41AA-866E-BE37BDE4B1E9.jpeg
6A3830AF-7D81-4373-9CD5-89ED712046C0.jpeg

*Shout out to Stresh Fart for building the team. I used a slightly modified version, but core design was his

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Giga Drain

Ability: Dazzling
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Electrify

Chansey @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Soft-Boiled
- Trick

Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sludge Wave
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Spectral Thief
- Spikes
- Taunt

Lead with Deoxys to get hazards up. Taunt if necessary and sack it. Keep the dazzling one alive if they have imposter so they don’t sweep with MRay. Lightning Rod one is good to beat annoying regenvests. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Mold Breaker beats unaware and Chansey counters most setup. Good for if you want to get high elo fast. Not recommended if you’re aiming for high gxe.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-926971188
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-926993892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927016152
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927005320
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927025840
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927108312
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927464777
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927472413
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927542346
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927635859
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927641505
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-927657526

Got to 1809 elo in one day with team:

View attachment 183129View attachment 183128

*Shout out to Stresh Fart for building the team. I used a slightly modified version, but core design was his
Looks like you have mastered the triple threat of “Gang”ar, and I am so happy to see people use Deoxys-A more, it is always underrated and it makes for a great lead due to Speed and unpredictability.

Shedinja, Gengar, etc. already know they have to stay back when it comes in.
—————
I was hesitant to post this team, but I did get some help from Chessking345 who reminded me that Yveltal is the best Spinner in the game, which allowed me to replace Yveltal’s Beak Blast with it.

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) mentioned my Dusk-Mane should use Anchor Shot and Skill Swap to handle Imposter while disabling Magic Bouncers, and encouraged me to replace my Giratina with Shedinja.

I have always been apprehensive of using Shedinja, but I feel confident that the rest of my team absolutely supports it, as his final suggestion was Defog in Kyogre.

Basically 5/6 Pokémon in my original idea I kept, and 4/6 sets were pretty much finalized before I asked for help.

I am pretty proud of my team bc it seems solid, and bc I get to capitalize on my new favorite Sweeper: Palkia!

https://pokepast.es/1873f846aef842df

Also wanted to mention MAMP provided some suggestions for Shedinja, but I ultimately want to keep Beak Blast bc oftentimes faster threats abuse U-Turn to escape Endeavor, whether it be RegenVesters, slow pivot walls like Unaware users.

Overall, Beak Blast Burns the outgoing U-Turn User, hits the likely incoming Ghost for mild damage, and allows me to punish Imposter Shedinja when they opt for U-Turn, as I am immune to Beak Blast due to Protective Pads.

I don’t know if it is because of habit or not, but I myself am surprised by the fact that imposter users, especially Eviolite users (hoping to lose the speed tie) will opt for U-Turn rather than switch, bc they think it is a stalemate and we will both slow pivot... nope. I Burn, as they U-Turn.

The best part is that it can negate Leftovers and allow me to Extreme Speed even the bulkiest of Rock and Steel types.

Palkia is a unique Pokémon bc of its astounding Water, Dragon, and mixed Fighting coverage. Breaking past RegenVesters like Dialga, hitting Ferrothorn, and even 2HKOing Fur Coat/Unaware Chansey, so that only bulky Unawares can switch into its moves. Clanging Scales scares even Prankster Haze Zygarde-C, and Giratina, and allows me to set up again when they switch out, and hurt their next switch in, while Steam Eruption can burn Shedinja, and hit Registeel and Aegislash hard after the Adaptability Boost.

Overall, each member of my team serves a unique role, and I have really Imposterproofed all of my team so that way I can handle a majority of common BH users.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
RAW FACTS $5 APIECE GET UR FACTS HERE

mmy s to a

mmy isnt that good. all his sets just feel so easy to prep for right now. sheer force fails to ohko anything except ogre/gyara, and considering how much support it needs to work it can be really inconsistent at the best of times, with mons like fc chans/shed/cress/regenvest gira preventing it from doing anything at all. i could see a+ but i think a is better at the moment considering how this mon is just so fragile and needs to be played super precisely to work out. also feels like it cant really clean lategame at all

mmx a+ to s

mmx is super good right now. the poison heal set can do so much between shutting down passive mons, getting hazards, and even wallbreaking with some variants. technician is also very good, i feel like the cb sets have fallen off but theyre still like a rank mons.

mega diancie a+ to a

kinda shaky on this one, diancies still a pretty solid mon but i feel like its a lot less splashable now with hooh being so common and completely shutting it down. losing to giga drain triage ray is also incredibly tragic. i still use him sometimes but his days of glory are over and he doesnt fit on every balance team anymore by any means.

primal kyogre a+ to a

ogre is still good but i feel like its notable flaws are starting to catch up with it. its really mediocre offensively compared to something like xern or even giratina which i have found really annoying, kinda lets ph mmx in easily, cant really get hazards up vs bouncers, and its even a mediocre gar check. i think its still a good mon but def not a+ material

REGISTEEL A+ TO B+ (lower if possible i think its like b/b- material)

GARBAGE PASSIVE MON THIS MAN DOES NOTHING TO MRAY SO LOSES IN THE LONG TERM AND LITERALLY LETS IN PH MMX FOR FREE, PROVIDES NO SUPPORT FOR THE TEAM, PRANK SET IS TRASH BOUNCE IS MEDIOCRE FF IS UNDERWHELMING. YOU PUT THIS MON ON THE TEAM TO NOT LOSE TO THINGS AND ITS NOT EVEN GOOD AT THAT BECAUSE OF HOW PASSIVE HE IS SO LOSES LONG TERM ANYWAY. 9/10 TIMES I WOULD USE A BETTER STEEL. do not use registeel its bad

giratina a+ to a

feel like a lot of gira's sets have gotten worse. prank struggles with its weakness to mray and even ph mmx, while ph and bounce let in xern for free which no team wants. im not 100% sure on this one but i find myself running gira on significantly less teams than before.

xern a to a+ (missed this bc the op has somehow not been updated since the last vr update lol)

xern is good, ph is a rly splashable mon that can run tons of different moves including spikes/rocks, knock, smash, even purify. being able to switch into so many core users is super good. prank/bounce are also stellar sets because of how non passive they are

kangaskhan a- to b+

i feel like kanga has been here for far too long, its cool in the right matchups but stall isnt even a guaranteed win because you can get chipped and die because none of the good kanga sets run recovery (and recovering just makes you lose momentum anyway). spikes are neat but can also waste turns at times so clicking them isnt completely free. also dead weight vs offense and sets without espeed can let in ph mmx for free :cwl:. if msab is c this should not be so high anyway because i would never use kanga without msab.

dialga a- to b+

this guy just lets in mmx and imposter for free. anchor sets are underwhelming in practice and struggle to handle ph xern, normalize gar, and all rays.

audino b+ to b

i literally have not seen this pokemon do anything of note in months. soundproof is falling off because of triage ray being harder to answer now. bounce is a wack set while ph struggles to do things in general, you want recovery/shield but that really limits the amount of things you can do.

aegislash b to b-

anyone who claims this mon is any kind of "blanket check" is probably remembering it from its time in ou. its not really bulky enough to counter anything outside of like blaziken + ff aegi (only time u should be using this mon), it cant run anchor at all, and it can run moves to dissuade shed but cant run defog or bounce so hazards are going up. overall bad passive mon that doesnt even counter anything

ferrothorn b- to c

this thing genuinely fits on zero (0) teams. when was the last time u wanted a steel that didnt counter ray in any way and let ph mmx in for free while not even having defog to dissuade spikes xern/rocks diancie????? maybe 2 years ago when ph regi was broken it would be a good choice but its not. this mon is bad and no one runs it.

magearna b- to b+

gear is actually really solid rn. the regenvest set is great because it can counter specs ray and triage ray while not letting ph mmx or gira in, slow pivoting on ogre/gira, soft checking sf mmy, potentially spinning hazards, and being imposter proofed pretty easily by stuff like ph users (you dont run core) or pdon. poison immunity is also super good. bounce is also a nice set but i havent used that in a while so cant speak on it.

mega sceptile b- to d

with contrary gone this mon is pretty much ash gren so i think it deserves the same rank. that one grass spam hyper offense has been making the rounds on ladder but i think its overall quite mediocre. seed flare is just not a very good move.

zekrom b- to b

i think zekroms gotten a bit better, the sets that are able to switch into mray (ph shield, regenvest) are really valuable because they can check it while offering offensive utility outside of that. somewhat weak vs ph mmx but he struggles to switch in long term as well (esp if youre core on regenvest to counteract wisp) and u can also dissuade xern with bolt strike.

pheromosa c to d

hate to say it but phero is just in a rly awkward spot rn. the old ph set has become bad with sleep clause and no other innovations have yet stepped in to take its place. outspeeding mmy is becoming less relevant. choice band sets are really outclassed by bee and mmx in my opinion. other weird stuff like -ate hasnt really seen use so i cant tell how good it is.

tapu fini d to c

mon is decent its dead weight vs offense but so is kanga. works in a different way to kanga because it doesnt just kill guys instantly but in return it can be incredibly hard to chip down as well, unlike kanga who dies to chip. building with it is kinda weird bc its a fairy that loses to mray, havent tried it yet, but i think it deserves to rise at least once

nihilego ur to d

this is what the third time ive made this nom? if diancie is ranked i see absolutely no reason why this should not be, the spirit shackle set is bad but luckily u dont really need trapping because different mons can imposter proof quite effectively (mmx, arrows users, chomper maybe, psystrike mmy, waters) so instead u can run revdance/z gem spectral recover filler which i think is a good set. he lets in mmx and regi but those can be covered with a teammate effectively seeing as u already cover mray so thats 1 less thing to prep for

overall i think that the meta has shifted massively after contrary ban and if the vr doesnt shift massively to match it all u guys are on dum. hopefully these noms are a good starting point. dont use registeel.

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll just hide this to not make a wall of text but here are my responses to the latest noms.
mmy s to a

mmy isnt that good. all his sets just feel so easy to prep for right now. sheer force fails to ohko anything except ogre/gyara, and considering how much support it needs to work it can be really inconsistent at the best of times, with mons like fc chans/shed/cress/regenvest gira preventing it from doing anything at all. i could see a+ but i think a is better at the moment considering how this mon is just so fragile and needs to be played super precisely to work out. also feels like it cant really clean lategame at all
I think this is too far of a drop for MMY. I don't think it's S Rank anymore but A+ sounds better. Its still something you definitely have to prepare for. Sheer Force is still tough for many slower offensive mons, which is almost every one of them, and OHKOs things like PDon with Earth Power, MMX with Moonblast, and Mega Ray with Ice Beam. Then specs sets still have strong wallbreaking potential with abilities like Tinted Lens or even Adaptability.
mmx a+ to s

mmx is super good right now. the poison heal set can do so much between shutting down passive mons, getting hazards, and even wallbreaking with some variants. technician is also very good, i feel like the cb sets have fallen off but theyre still like a rank mons.
I agree MMX should rise and I've been thinking it for a while. It has a much greater variety of sets compared to MMY and even Mega Ray and is a pain to prepare for. I'm not sure how the banded sets have fallen off but this mon is very good right now indeed.
mega diancie a+ to a

kinda shaky on this one, diancies still a pretty solid mon but i feel like its a lot less splashable now with hooh being so common and completely shutting it down. losing to giga drain triage ray is also incredibly tragic. i still use him sometimes but his days of glory are over and he doesnt fit on every balance team anymore by any means.
Hard disagree here. I had a draft a couple weeks ago thinking about nomming Diancie to rise to S Rank. I decided not to post but am definitely not convinced that it should fall. In team building, no matter matter which type of team you build, you absolutely have to have an answer for this mon or it can shred you to pieces. It sets rocks on almost anything and can KO bounce Steels with V-Create with chip. Ho-Oh is certainly an answer standard Pixilate sets nowadays but still has to watch out for Magic Guard or even the stray Diamond Storm on Pixi sets.
primal kyogre a+ to a

ogre is still good but i feel like its notable flaws are starting to catch up with it. its really mediocre offensively compared to something like xern or even giratina which i have found really annoying, kinda lets ph mmx in easily, cant really get hazards up vs bouncers, and its even a mediocre gar check. i think its still a good mon but def not a+ material
I agree here. I never really knew why Kyogre was A+ rank to begin with but never really questioned it.
REGISTEEL A+ TO B+ (lower if possible i think its like b/b- material)

GARBAGE PASSIVE MON THIS MAN DOES NOTHING TO MRAY SO LOSES IN THE LONG TERM AND LITERALLY LETS IN PH MMX FOR FREE, PROVIDES NO SUPPORT FOR THE TEAM, PRANK SET IS TRASH BOUNCE IS MEDIOCRE FF IS UNDERWHELMING. YOU PUT THIS MON ON THE TEAM TO NOT LOSE TO THINGS AND ITS NOT EVEN GOOD AT THAT BECAUSE OF HOW PASSIVE HE IS SO LOSES LONG TERM ANYWAY. 9/10 TIMES I WOULD USE A BETTER STEEL. do not use registeel its bad
Disagree with this one. I'm not sure why it seems so bad to you right now but Registeel is still a very solid defensive mon. I do agree that it doesn't do much to Mega Ray unless its running like Core Enforcer or Nuzzle but that would mean running regenvest and I don't like that on Registeel. But most Steels aren't really doing much to Mega Ray other than walling it unless you like slapping Ice Hammer on your Dusk Mane. Also, when did we start asking Registeel to handle MMX lol? Sure he can be pretty passive but he's still great at trapping Imposter and Fairies and also just being a pain to take down if you don't have something super effective against him. I see no reason for a drop.
giratina a+ to a

feel like a lot of gira's sets have gotten worse. prank struggles with its weakness to mray and even ph mmx, while ph and bounce let in xern for free which no team wants. im not 100% sure on this one but i find myself running gira on significantly less teams than before.
Um, how is Prankster Giratina losing to PH MMX unless the MMX is running like Knock + Spore + Swords Dance or something? Knock + Spore variants are fading anyway. I guess PH MMX gets rocks up but trades getting cored and forced out. Specs Mega Ray bops Giratina with Draco yeah, but I find that Prank Giratina can win 1v1 most Mega Rays, like mixed Aerilate and Triage. As for PH and bounce sets concerning Xern, PH can run Will-o-Wisp or Knock Off and bounce can force it out with Spectral and Entrainment. Giratina is slightly more risky lately with the rising popularity of banded TTar but I don't see why it should drop.
xern a to a+ (missed this bc the op has somehow not been updated since the last vr update lol)

xern is good, ph is a rly splashable mon that can run tons of different moves including spikes/rocks, knock, smash, even purify. being able to switch into so many core users is super good. prank/bounce are also stellar sets because of how non passive they are
Agreed. Not sure why it fell after the sleep clause cause sleep wasn't even its best weapon. Just an annoying one. This mon is good.

I can't speak for Kangaskhan since I don't use it a lot and I'm fine with wherever people wanna put Dialga since I never really use this mon.
audino b+ to b

i literally have not seen this pokemon do anything of note in months. soundproof is falling off because of triage ray being harder to answer now. bounce is a wack set while ph struggles to do things in general, you want recovery/shield but that really limits the amount of things you can do.
I think the Poison Heal set is still a pain to deal with. Similarly to Xern, Audino can be a great Spikes setter and still annoy fat mons with STAB Moonblast. While this mon might be dropping in usage for whatever reason, it still has great utility and a pretty nice typing. It just doesn't want to die if you don't attack its two weaknesses or pack strong neutral attacks.

I agree with the drops to Aegislash and Ferrothorn. These mons are much too passive but can still be annoying to deal with.
magearna b- to b+

gear is actually really solid rn. the regenvest set is great because it can counter specs ray and triage ray while not letting ph mmx or gira in, slow pivoting on ogre/gira, soft checking sf mmy, potentially spinning hazards, and being imposter proofed pretty easily by stuff like ph users (you dont run core) or pdon. poison immunity is also super good. bounce is also a nice set but i havent used that in a while so cant speak on it.
I've been using Magearna more lately, mainly the regenvest set, and I am a fan of it. Moonblast lets you spin on Giratina, which is nice. I think B+ might be a little high though, but I could get behind rising to B.

The rest of your noms, Sceptile, Zekrom, Pheromosa, Tapu Fini, and Nihilego, I all agree with for the most part but don't know them well enough to go in depth. I've been using Sand Stream Nihilego lately and its great against Specs or Triage Mega Ray and providing good chip with sand in general.
I feel like I missed some meme about letting PH MMX in for free since that was almost the theme of these noms but idk lol. MMX to S Rank though. I don't have any noms of my own but thanks for reading.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone,
Sample Teams have been updated (finally)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3587475/post-7094085
are we finally moving past the era where you had to manually screenshot the team in your builder? thank GOD
Because I am doing that myself to be nice, yes. And also more consistent. :pimp:
--
Since I seemed to have missed posting the last update, I'd be fine with doing a VR Re-Refresh. We are discussing some changes internally and you can be free to post your own noms as others already have.

nominations

MMY s -> a: Its most powerful sets are fairly predictable (SF, Choice Specs) while others just don't perform too well (PH, Strength Sap + Lefties, etc). The metagame is also getting a lot faster, leaving MMY in the dust often because of the prevalence of Shell Smashers. Plus, FC Chansey and sometimes Sturdy Shed just make it useless. Shell Smash sets are pretty much outclassed by Mega Gengar or Deoxys-A, as its STAB is junk. Still, not running something that can take care of Sheer Force MMY will bite you eventually, and you really can only use a bulky enough mon that doesn't take super effective damage or Shedinja to do that.

Diancie-Mega a+ -> a-: A victim of the dazzle-smash meta we are in right now as well. Expect Pixilate sets to get like 1 kill max. Hazards Diancie is nice but totally shut down by Magic Bounce Ho-Oh or Steel-types depending on coverage. Generally though it just finds itself outrun and killed while it looks on helplessly. It doesn't even break through a lot of balance teams which are running Pdon or FF Steels or Prankster Steels.

Gengar-Mega a+ -> S: the most radical nom I'm making but well deserved. Gengar now has at least 3 really strong sets that you have to have at least 2 Pokemon covering: dazzlesmash, Normalize, and Lightning Rod. Mold Breaker and Choiced Adaptability sets are great for taking out Sturdy Sheds, revenge killing, wallbreaking, or getting hazards set up, which is good against opposing Offense. Guess the set wrong and you could find yourself swept by something else, such as another Gengar. The winner of last night's BH daily tour won at least 3 games easily with a team containing 3 Gengars all running different sets because unprepared teams can easily be destroyed by any of them.

MMX A+ -> S: It's getting harder and harder to find viable counters for this thing, and I actually wrote a post about this a few weeks ago. An increasing number of MMX's are running Ice coverage now, meaning you are forced into using a substandard Prankster Hazer to beat them. Most of these can just be Pursuit Trapped, which is a pretty irresistable combo. It is even still worth investing in a bulky Psychic just to keep MMX under control, even if you have to use a whole team slot on doing it. Your other option is forcing it to trade with dbond, but even then, the Dbond mind games usually favor the MMX.

Registeel A+ -> A-: Whenever I try and play with this mon I feel like I'm just sitting there waiting for the opponent to threaten me with something like a critical hit. It literally saps all my momentum. Then again, it does wall a whole lot of stuff.

Shedinja A -> A+: Great way to just shut down opposing team's momentum, if they aren't running smash spam that is. It just throttles most balance teams though.

Audino-Mega B+ -> a-: really good bulky mon capable of setting up hazards and generally annoying opposing bulky mons with its Poison Heal set, which is probably its best set right now. With a protect move, you can scout choice users, which is great for the Stall teams it's used on. It also is capable of surviving a Specs Boomburst from Mega Ray which lets it core enforcer or u-turn to imposter or just set up a hazard, then nurse itself back to health with Poison Heal recovery later. Magic Bounce and Soundproof are pretty unsavory right now.

Tyranitar-Mega B -> A-: Extremely strong wallbreaker with a Choice Band Adaptability set. It's able to outdamage Registeel's Shore Up recovery with Knock Off, and with Diamond Storm it can hit most Knock Off switchins pretty damn hard. It's also very bulky, able to take most hits from MMY that aren't Fighting-Type, besides Specs Fleur Cannon. It's also a really good Pursuit trapper. Magic Bounce and Regenband sets also have solid utility, but require more care to use. Sand Stream sets free your team up against Shedinja to a good degree.

Magearna B- -> B: deserves a slight rise because of the Regenvest set which can reliably take on Specs Megaray and some other annoying guys.

Tapu Fini D -> C: Poison Heal stallbreaker can reliably get up rocks, eventually, against any team. It also can live loads of moderately strong hits.

Bannette-Mega Ur -> d: great wallbreaker against some balance teams, which don't carry Normal-type, thanks to having the strongest Spectral Thief in the game. Requires really solid prediction to get the most mileage out of it. It unfortunately has junk bulk, and will die to a stiff breeze, and is pretty much useless against offense.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
nominations

MMY s -> a: Its most powerful sets are fairly predictable (SF, Choice Specs) while others just don't perform too well (PH, Strength Sap + Lefties, etc). The metagame is also getting a lot faster, leaving MMY in the dust often because of the prevalence of Shell Smashers. Plus, FC Chansey and sometimes Sturdy Shed just make it useless. Shell Smash sets are pretty much outclassed by Mega Gengar or Deoxys-A, as its STAB is junk. Still, not running something that can take care of Sheer Force MMY will bite you eventually, and you really can only use a bulky enough mon that doesn't take super effective damage or Shedinja to do that.

Diancie-Mega a+ -> a-: A victim of the dazzle-smash meta we are in right now as well. Expect Pixilate sets to get like 1 kill max. Hazards Diancie is nice but totally shut down by Magic Bounce Ho-Oh or Steel-types depending on coverage. Generally though it just finds itself outrun and killed while it looks on helplessly. It doesn't even break through a lot of balance teams which are running Pdon or FF Steels or Prankster Steels.

Gengar-Mega a+ -> S: the most radical nom I'm making but well deserved. Gengar now has at least 3 really strong sets that you have to have at least 2 Pokemon covering: dazzlesmash, Normalize, and Lightning Rod. Mold Breaker and Choiced Adaptability sets are great for taking out Sturdy Sheds, revenge killing, wallbreaking, or getting hazards set up, which is good against opposing Offense. Guess the set wrong and you could find yourself swept by something else, such as another Gengar. The winner of last night's BH daily tour won at least 3 games easily with a team containing 3 Gengars all running different sets because unprepared teams can easily be destroyed by any of them.

MMX A+ -> S: It's getting harder and harder to find viable counters for this thing, and I actually wrote a post about this a few weeks ago. An increasing number of MMX's are running Ice coverage now, meaning you are forced into using a substandard Prankster Hazer to beat them. Most of these can just be Pursuit Trapped, which is a pretty irresistable combo. It is even still worth investing in a bulky Psychic just to keep MMX under control, even if you have to use a whole team slot on doing it. Your other option is forcing it to trade with dbond, but even then, the Dbond mind games usually favor the MMX.

Registeel A+ -> A-: Whenever I try and play with this mon I feel like I'm just sitting there waiting for the opponent to threaten me with something like a critical hit. It literally saps all my momentum. Then again, it does wall a whole lot of stuff.

Shedinja A -> A+: Great way to just shut down opposing team's momentum, if they aren't running smash spam that is. It just throttles most balance teams though.

Audino-Mega B+ -> a-: really good bulky mon capable of setting up hazards and generally annoying opposing bulky mons with its Poison Heal set, which is probably its best set right now. With a protect move, you can scout choice users, which is great for the Stall teams it's used on. It also is capable of surviving a Specs Boomburst from Mega Ray which lets it core enforcer or u-turn to imposter or just set up a hazard, then nurse itself back to health with Poison Heal recovery later. Magic Bounce and Soundproof are pretty unsavory right now.

Tyranitar-Mega B -> A-: Extremely strong wallbreaker with a Choice Band Adaptability set. It's able to outdamage Registeel's Shore Up recovery with Knock Off, and with Diamond Storm it can hit most Knock Off switchins pretty damn hard. It's also very bulky, able to take most hits from MMY that aren't Fighting-Type, besides Specs Fleur Cannon. It's also a really good Pursuit trapper. Magic Bounce and Regenband sets also have solid utility, but require more care to use. Sand Stream sets free your team up against Shedinja to a good degree.

Magearna B- -> B: deserves a slight rise because of the Regenvest set which can reliably take on Specs Megaray and some other annoying guys.

Tapu Fini D -> C: Poison Heal stallbreaker can reliably get up rocks, eventually, against any team. It also can live loads of moderately strong hits.

Bannette-Mega Ur -> d: great wallbreaker against some balance teams, which don't carry Normal-type, thanks to having the strongest Spectral Thief in the game. Requires really solid prediction to get the most mileage out of it. It unfortunately has junk bulk, and will die to a stiff breeze, and is pretty much useless against offense.
I’m really glad people are seeing the merit in Banette-Mega, as I find it extremely useful depending on the set. It’s fast enough to outpace defensive sets, and some balanced teams cores like Flash Fire Dusk-Mane and RegenVest Yveltal, while supporting its own team.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Banette-Mega Ice Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 454-536 (99.5 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

My only concern is, notably for Choice Band sets, if it is outclassed by Hustle Hoopa-Unbound who has a faster speed to outspeed offensive Dusk-Mane, a better STAB move in Hyperspace Fury, for both Base power and bypassing Protect Moves, and for not dying to Knock Offs, Pursuits, etc. from opposing Dark-types, and sporting better Bulk specifically SpD.

I know Banette-Mega packs Shadow Sneak which gives it an edge over MMY without Dazzling:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Banette-Mega Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 332-392 (79.8 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But it still doesn’t KO, and I am concerned that Banette needs a different set than Choice Band to really stay ahead of Hoopa-U.

Which set do you propose makes it UR —> D? The only one I see most people talk about is Tough Claws Choice Band.

I think it deserves D, but I am trying to see what it does over Hoopa-U. One thing is that Spectral gets Tough Claws while Hyperspace Fury forces Hustle, but the accuracy drop only impacts its other 3 moves.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)