Ladder Balanced Hackmons

thank you crabby, but how to you put a title in the thing? How do i change it so instead of show hide it will say "Calcs" or something?
That would be (hide="whatever") (/hide)

edit: so that this isn't useless, here's a random set that walls the Choice Scarf Primal Groudon I posted:

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Metal Burst
- Defog / Spiky Shield / U-turn
- Thousand Waves
- Roost

That would be (hide="whatever") (/hide)

edit: so that this isn't useless, here's a random set that walls the Choice Scarf Primal Groudon I posted:

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Metal Burst
- Defog / Spiky Shield / U-turn
- Thousand Waves
- Roost
Is there anything Primal Groudon cannot do? Anyway Uselesscrab may i remove my entry into the CCAT? My Maggron set is terribad, and i have better sets to help out PH Pogre

Yes, I've tried unaware Mega Gyara with punishment & swagger once.
It was pretty hilarious. But kinda sucked if they send out something like mmx

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 175-206 (34.7 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 131-154 (26 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Woah, not bad, i mean giratina still gets shrekt by switcheroo, but still not bad!
Actually if you equip Griseous Orb on Giratina it does not change to Giratina-O and still can't be Knocked Off/Tricked. This on BH, haven't tested on any other metagame.

so after some brainstorming:

252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Mewtwo X Water Shuriken (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 440-520 (108.9 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I am tempted to try run Skill Link MMX against groudon spam.
Granted it doesnt do against everything else as good as protean but pretty solid check against the prankster assist.
Only let down is that:
252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Mewtwo X Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 346-408 (85.6 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (eq changed to 125)
bone rush won't always ohko.

so after some brainstorming:

252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Mewtwo X Water Shuriken (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 440-520 (108.9 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I am tempted to try run Skill Link MMX against groudon spam.
Granted it doesnt do against everything else as good as protean but pretty solid check against the prankster assist.
Only let down is that:
252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Mewtwo X Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 346-408 (85.6 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (eq changed to 125)
bone rush won't always ohko.
252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Water Shuriken (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primal Groudon: 260-312 (76.2 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Water Shuriken (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primal Groudon: 390-468 (114.3 - 137.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Most Assistdons run max speed so they dont get outsped by things, imo just go with regular protean mmx and slap on water shuriken, OHKOs full health Pdon 66% of the time, and protean mmx has use outside of beating assistdon as well. And if all the opponent's assistdons have taken prior damage, then mmx sweeps them all with little effort.

If you want to though you could use banded water shuriken for more reliable assistdon killing and no recoil, at the cost of being locked into one move:

252+ Atk Choice Band Protean Mega Mewtwo X Water Shuriken (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primal Groudon: 288-344 (84.4 - 100.8%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Audino could also work because its immune to dragon tail and shadow force, and also chansey-proof.

EDIT:
As an added bonus:
252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primal Groudon: 374-439 (109.6 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
People were talking about this, so i made my version:

Deoxys-Speed @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Beat Up
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Nuzzle

What do you guys think?

Another one is something i faced a lot on the old BH EVs mechanics, it was from a user that used a lot of MMY (i don't know/remember who he was, i guess it was Kl4ng). I made my version too for STABed Hex:

Gengar-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Hex
- Inferno/Sing
- Zap Cannon/Sing

Timid Nature
- Beat Up
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Nuzzle

What do you guys think?
This concept isn't great in general, but if you're going to do it this is about as good as it's going to get.

edit: give it some attack, I don't know why you would run 0 IVs

Another one is something i faced a lot on the old BH EVs mechanics, it was from a user that used a lot of MMY (i don't know/remember who he was, i guess it was Kl4ng). I made my version too for STABed Hex:

Gengar-Mega @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Hex
- Inferno/Sing
- Zap Cannon/Sing
I think the user in question was -Talent-, who definitely used No Guard MMY quite a bit.

This is okay, but you'll have some serious Imposter issues (Poison Heal Giratina is usually the best No Guard counter, but this one can beat that) and Dynamic Punch will do virtually no damage. For that reason, I don't see any reason to use this over Mega Mewtwo Y, which also has the advantage of more Speed.

Timid Nature
- Beat Up
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Nuzzle

What do you guys think?

Gengar-Mega @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Hex
- Inferno/Sing
- Zap Cannon/Sing
Not sure why you'd run nuzzle on the serene grace set, i recommend running sacred fire over nuzzle for the 100% burn chance and decent power, everything else looks good tho. Burning things is still a real threat, even in BH.
There's nothing wrong with the Gengar set as far as i can see. Cool job.

Timid Nature
- Beat Up
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Nuzzle

What do you guys think?
I'll just say that I've tested this, multyple times on multyple pokemons. I even made a team of 6 pokemon with massive attack stat so that beat up could do some actual damage. Nope. Still shit.
The thing with this set is that it doesn't do anything, you just stay on the field for a couple turns (if you're lucky) flinching ppl without causing any damage whatsoever until you die. It gives free switchins to any -ate user, a rocky helmet kills you and it takes up a slot in your team.
Really, if you want to uselessly waste a pokemon in your team with a gimmick. Run prankster gengar with assist / imprison / Dtail / chatter, at least it has the potential to do something from time to time.
But yeah, don't run that. It's terribad.

I would like to post a set that i have been having great results with:

rip team (Groudon-Primal) @ Safety Goggles/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Copycat
-V-Create
-Thousand Arrows
-Heart Swap

Ah, Primal Groudon, is there any set you cannot pull off? This set is just powerful, simply attack with the desired STAB move, and then use copycat for prankster STAB move and enjoy the sweeping ;). Some may inquire why you would use this set over, say, choice band tinted lens Pdon. The answer is heart swap. Heart Swap allows Pdon to steel boosts from the opponent and sweep with your new beefed up pdon.
Heart Swap is also great for wall breaking. For example, if you are faced against incredibly bulky threats that can't do too much back (such as fur coat Giratina, or fur coat anything really) and you have used a v-create or two, simply use heart swap against the opponent. Their defenses and speed will have been drastically reduced, and can smack them up much easier or force them out.

Here is a replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-202173307
To be fair the opponent is obviously an inexperienced player (who somehow got 1300 plus, what), but you can see that Primal Groudon puts in work.

Adamant Nature
-Copycat
-V-Create
-Thousand Arrows
-Heart Swap

Ah, Primal Groudon, is there any set you cannot pull off? This set is just powerful, simply attack with the desired STAB move, and then use copycat for prankster STAB move and enjoy the sweeping ;). Some may inquire why you would use this set over, say, choice band tinted lens Pdon. The answer is heart swap. Heart Swap allows Pdon to steel boosts from the opponent and sweep with your new beefed up pdon.
Heart Swap is also great for wall breaking. For example, if you are faced against incredibly bulky threats that can't do too much back (such as fur coat Giratina, or fur coat anything really) and you have used a v-create or two, simply use heart swap against the opponent. Their defenses and speed will have been drastically reduced, and can smack them up much easier or force them out.

Here is a replay:
To be fair the opponent is obviously an inexperienced player (who somehow got 1300 plus, what), but you can see that Primal Groudon puts in work.
Ah the old Copycat V-create set. While this used to be somewhat of a gimmick its another way for Groudon to get priority Thousand Arrows, and without the hassle of building an Assist team. Its definitely better then running the set on Blaziken at least.

Adamant Nature
-Copycat
-V-Create
-Thousand Arrows
-Heart Swap

Here is a replay:
Prankstercat, one of my favourite things in bh.
I just wanted to say something because i use to run a slightly different set. The main thing that will brake your copycat chain is protect. A ph kyogre running spiky shield can easily break your chain and force you out, and you really don't want that thing setting up. That's why i find it really good to run encore on thoses sets, so you can just block him on protect and get a free hit on their switchin (if they have any).
And the utility of prankster encore is just amazing. Switching groudon in at the right time can potentially block a set up sweeper.
Also, groudon can easily switch on an -ate fake out and encore them into fake out before they use boomburst / coverage and proceed to bop them.
I mean encore is just great man, and can easily replace heart swap for example.

So I got to #1 on the ladder with this team (even though I didn't bother to make sure ev's are perfect) so I feel like I can actually talk about why Assist needs some sort of ban.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail
- Mirror Move

Arceus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Switcheroo
- Destiny Bond
- Chatter

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
- Transform
- Thousand Arrows
- Destiny Bond
- Dragon Tail

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Switcheroo

EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Switcheroo

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Switcheroo

Shoutout to whoever gave me the idea for Rayquaza + Arceus in the creative movesets thread

Simply put almost everything that hopes to switch in is maimed by Switcheroo. You can pretty much keep at least one CB prankster Groudon in the back while forcing your opponent to commit their "checks" to deal with the other Groudon. Chansey works wonders with assist teams and let's them have a backbone check to most threatening sweepers.
Confirming this OP team. Won against insanelegend in a BH tourney best of three 2-0. I usually lead with one Prankster Don, sweep until dead, then go with the flow. I always keep one Groudon in the back. Personally, rayquaza was doing the least for me, but Ill test it some more hopefully. Also, Ban Assist Thousand Arrows P-Don!
(Yeah, I know complex ban, but w/e)

Confirming this OP team. Won against insanelegend in a BH tourney best of three 2-0. I usually lead with one Prankster Don, sweep until dead, then go with the flow. I always keep one Groudon in the back. Personally, rayquaza was doing the least for me, but Ill test it some more hopefully. Also, Ban Assist Thousand Arrows P-Don!
(Yeah, I know complex ban, but w/e)
Actually we should just ban Primal Groudon but i know people don't like Pokemon bans in BH so an assist clause is probably on the horizon.

What if we banned thousand arrows? I'm not saying it's an ideal solution but it might work. (note: I haven't given this enough thought yet to see if I'd support it, just a proposal)
I was actually thinking about that as the move does bypass a Immunity and that could be considered OP. However I don't think that would trouble Assist Groudon too much. V-create resisted hits just about as hard as Thousand Arrows.

252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 196-232 (38.9 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 196-231 (38.9 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)