BH Balanced Hackmons

Used Revive on Balanced Hackmons!
Used Max Potion on Balanced Hackmons!

To not make this a double post with no direction, let’s Transform this into a brand new starter topic.

Topic Transformed into a Poll!

What is the most difficult part of teambuilding?

A. Imposterproofing your own teammates.
B. Building a team with role compression in mind.
C. Having to fear Illusion/Imposter when taking a look at Team Preview.
D. Trying to determine which set each Pokémon your opponent has.
E. Equally 2 or more of the above statements.

Baton Passes this discussion to the next poster.
I’m glad this came up, it’ll be interesting to see what other players struggle with. I would, without a doubt, say B.

My teambuilding style starts with some sort of meme/cool set I want to play with, and then build a core around that. When I improof, it comes naturally to me, but role compression doesn’t. I can’t see past the purpose I intended it to come in on. I also play very conservatively and analytically (if you saw me ladder today then you’re probably skeptical), so D is a nonissue. (Illusion is a bitch but it’ll be banned so w/e). If OM Tutoring comes back, I will definitely take part in it just for help with role compression.

Sorry for crappy post writing, but it’s kind of hard to put into words; Role Compression is just a general frustration.

What is the most difficult part of teambuilding?
F: creating a team with a mon that you like that doesn't suck (because standard sets and mons are boring)
Like:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Revelation Dance
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

OR (more memey)

Scizor-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Precipice Blades
- V-create
- U-turn

And damn imposterproofing. I hate chansey.
But i think that the worst part (for me, since i'm an idiot) is remember to put defog or rapid spin somewhere. Countless times i created a team and hopped onto the ladder just to realize that i had to take care of my opponent's SR and spikes.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
F: creating a team with a mon that you like that doesn't suck (because standard sets and mons are boring)
Like:

Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

OR (more memey)

Scizor-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Precipice Blades
- V-create
- U-turn

And damn imposterproofing. I hate chansey.
But i think that the worst part (for me, since i'm an idiot) is remember to put defog or rapid spin somewhere. Countless times i created a team and hopped onto the ladder just to realize that i had to take care of my opponent's SR and spikes.
One trick I use, is I put Rapid Spin on my Ghost of choice, I also put Stealth Rocks on it. Not only does it Imposterproof it (they cannot Spin), but it also alleviates having to switch to a Rapid Spinner if they Imposter your Hazards setter (like if they would have impostered whatever would have set SR in return). They can’t stay in with low pp so eventually you just Circle Throw on their predicted switch, having ample opportunity to Shore Up to full HP while they stay in. Also, it is frustrating for them because Imposter can’t do anything after SR, so they lose momentum as you switch in your super effective threat (such as Choice Band Gyarados-M with Knock Off and Pursuit!)

Now they cannot remove SR so easily. I also Imposterproof with Circle Throw, which allows you to cause pHaze without fear their Chansey can do the same. (Similar to Dragon Tail + Spectral Thief M-Audino).

Alternatively, you could put SR and Dragon Tail on Giratina and Magic Bounce + Rapid Spin on M-Audino, which allows you to Imposterproof with M-Audino (you can literally just switch in M-Audino as they Stealth Rock- both preventing SR on your field, and setting it on theirs). If another Hazard like Spikes managed to get it past M-Audino (Mold Breaker), Rapid Spin cleans that up. Plus M-Audino can serve as a status absorber, carry Leftovers over Safety Goggles, and diminishes the need for your team (namely Giratina) to carry Misty Surge. Fairy Typing also prevents Core Enforcer.

From there you can build your team to cover their weaknesses (Steel to resist Poison/Steel/Dragon/Fairy/Ice) while Giratina resists Fire, is Immune to Fighting, and Audino-M is Immune to Dragon, Ghost and covers Giratina. For example, Registeel can use Prankster instead of Flash Fire with the Giratina Check to Fires, and function as a Prankster Hazer, Destiny Bonder, Etc. that prevents sweeping (which completely compliments Giratina and Audino-M which are each weak to a Mold Breaker Move *thus their Typing doesn’t make sense for them to have a defensive ability like Unaware or Fur Coat).

From there you cover your other weaknesses, perhaps a Dark resist such as M-Gyarados, that takes Fire and Steel Types, which pairs well with Fur Coat Darm-Z (who provides another set of resistances for its Fairy, Fighting, Grass, etc. weaknesses.

Now all you need is something to take Ground moves, and Electric moves, perhaps Ferrothorn or Zygarde would work well?

See, just think of Typing as the role, then think of moves that are mandatory (Rapid Spin, Stealth Rocks), then see if either of those negates the need for an ability like (Ghost prevents Spin, which leads to Spin over Defog, which attracts enemy Ghosts Gengar, which leads to Magic Bounce on Audino-M due to a Normal Typing Immunity to Moongeist and an ability that stops Entrainment).

From there select abilities that remove needs from their teammates: (Magic Bounce negates the need for the rest your team to rely on Poison Heal/Misty Terrain for status absorption- which allows you to use a Steel Type like Registeel, who couldn’t have used Poison Heal, and now you can use Prankster thanks to 3 Fire resists instead of needing Flash Fire or Magic Bounce itself). If you didn’t have Magic Bounce, you might have had to have a Poison Healer which would obligate possibly Regigas, or some other Normal Type on your team to avoid Spectral Thief.
If you plan by types, moves, then abilities, you can better compress and prevent Imposter from breaking past your teammates.

I hope my post helps! :)

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
anyone want to rate my team/make it better

I've been stuck ~1500 rank with it

Hyper offense/boost spam team that works ok
https://pastebin.com/SGNvWgxu
I would verify what feels repetitive in the team to you and see what could be added on the team as a new addition to replace something you have extra of the same. Here are some pieces of reflection, then advice:
For example, your team relies on Focus Sash on Frail sweepers (half your team) and 3/4 sweepers (including the non-Focus Sash one) tend to rely on SpA and Tail Glow while Hoopa-U relies on Shell Smash.

This opens up weakenesses to Hazards, which break Focus Sash, Prankster Heart Swap/Haze/Topsy Turvey, Spectral Thief, and a reliance on a set up turn. (What if Sceptile-M Spores something with Safety Goggles while hit, and now it’s Sash is used up and it cannot use Tail Glow safely?)

My suggestion is to add a Mixed Contrarian Sweeper like MMX (Moongeist Beam or Fleur Cannon with Superpower, V-Create, Photon Geyser)) and this way Haze doesn’t end your sweep because you can literally just boost again when you Attack.

Second, I would add a bulky set-up- like Primal-Kyogre who can serve as a way to take hits but hurt back: Poison Heal - Quiver Dance, Spore/Moongeist, Water Spout, Leech Seed. Imposterproof, Heal and Boost. Leech Seed and Spore add switching which helps with Hazards.

I would also add some defensive cores: Giratina + Audino-M cover each other’s weaknesses well, and you can view my post above yours to see where Rapid Spin and SR fit in on their sets. You would want to focus on hurting their team with Hazards, causing switches (pHaze) against set-uppers, and adding annoyance- Imposterproofing so they have to switch out again, etc.

I would think of using a Steel Type that is able to take hits from both sides, such as Flash Fire Aegislash. Spectral Thief, Shore Up, Etc. Allows it to Imposterproof your MMX (if it carries Fleur Cannon).

I would then add an Illusion Kanga so your team can weaken the opponent and it can take Ghost hits (Illusion as a Ghost Type and get free turns).

So Kyogre, Aegislash, Kanga, Audino-M, MMX, and Giratina

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
anyone want to rate my team/make it better

I've been stuck ~1500 rank with it

Hyper offense/boost spam team that works ok
https://pastebin.com/SGNvWgxu
You're right about Heatran: its comparatively bad mixed defenses keeps it from performing as a wall. I'd replace this with Magic Bounce Aegislash so that it's not 4x weak to Ground-type moves and takes 1/16 from Stealth Rock, complete with its typing that checks MMX. If you don't need Magic Bounce, however, you can opt for Flash Fire instead.

Aegislash @ Rocky Helmet / Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce / Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Anchor Shot / Stealth Rock
- Entrainment / Defog
- Shore Up
- U-turn / Spectral Thief / Stealth Rock
The combination of Anchor Shot + Entrainment allows it to trap Poison Heal mons such as Xerneas (without Earth Power), Regigigas, and Kyogre-Primal.

Sceptile-Mega is not that good with Illusion, mostly because it needs that boost to actually do any damage, meaning it can only setup once. Grass/Dragon coverage isn't that good either, being easily walled by Steel types. Rayquaza-Mega is a better choice in my opinion, since it has incredible mixed stats and good speed (Sceptile-Mega outspeeds MMY but cannot actually OHKO it which makes such a high speed less important).

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

or

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid / Naive Nature
- Earth Power / Magma Storm / Oblivion Wing
- Draco Meteor
- Oblivion Wing / Magma Storm
- Moongeist Beam / Seed Flare / Bolt Strike

Earth Power hits Flash Fire Steels super hard, while Magma Storm traps and kills Shedinja. The last moveslot can be used to check Kyogre-Primal.

Deoxys-Attack is not that great. Sure, it has 150 Speed, but at the cost of completely abysmal defenses. Since you don't use the physical attack stat, it would be better to use Mewtwo-Mega-Y. It has decent special bulk, and a higher Special Attack.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow

Since Flash Fire Registeel covers most -ates already (not many people use Ground-type moves because that makes it hard to improof), you don't need to run Dazzling. I chose Sheer Force + Life Orb because of the sheer power.

Instead of Aerilate Rayquaza, I added a good improof to Mewtwo-Mega-Y in Unaware Kyogre-Primal. It resists Sunsteel Strike and has monstrous special bulk to take on Moongeist Beam.

Kyogre-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Sassy Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Revelation Dance
- Shore Up
- U-turn

I like the double Illusion core, so I decided to add Garchomp-Mega as the second Illusion abuser ban it xd Garchomp-Mega is the strongest Ground-type attacker that doesn't need mega stones (i.e. Groudon-Primal), so it is free to a Choice Band for maxresdefault.jpg.

Garchomp-Mega @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Hammer
- Thousand Arrows / V-Create / Bolt Strike
- Precipice Blades / Thousand Arrows
- Sunsteel Strike

2nd moveslot is just to hit Flying types, while Sunsteel Strike bops Audino-Mega and Shedinja.

Finally, I chose RegenVest Yveltal as a reliable spinner that doesn't get walled by Ghost types. Since it is Flying type, you can put it in the last slot to trick the opponent with Rayquaza-Mega.

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief / Core Enforcer / Beak Blast
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
Sassy Nature
- Entrainment
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Kyogre-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Revelation Dance
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Garchomp-Mega @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Hammer
- Thousand Arrows
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow

Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Magma Storm
- Bolt Strike

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Hey,

I just made a new team I want to share and some feedback would be nice. It that has two themes:

- My previous teams always had full safety goggles on mons that did not have status abilities, which felt like I waste items slots, especially against enemies without spore. Some also simply use no guard hypnosis or something like that instead. So I use zekrom with electric surge.

- I want to use 2 chanseys for defensive purposes. In this case one is a mean look trapper, because I do not like the 4 times weakness of thousand waves zygard. The other one is a heart swap baton pass user. The idea is to use the username "Imposer" and demoralizing the opponent into thinking I use a lame ass imposter team and the battle is going to be just as lame.

These 2 also do well together since chansey pretty much cannot use safety goggles and thus makes great use of electric surge support. This is the idea behind the team. However, I am not sure about their sets. Would be cool to know if they miss something. Otherwise, the rest of the team also kinda no brain. Guts regigigas and flare boost mega-gengar hit hard. An unnecessary mega-sableye with prankster haze for even more safety than my chanseys already give. Especially the sableye is replaceable, tho, I have yet to find a mon that makes actual sense in this team chansey electric surge team. Gengar and regigigas atleast make some use of electric surge to not risk the sleep before getting burned, regigigas is also fine with getting toxiced and gengar is immune to it, which makes para the only risk left.

I would like to use another offensive mon instead of saybleye and am thinking about to replace it with guts solgeo / necrozma dusk mane, sothat I have burn + stab boosted facade, moongeist and sunsteal to spam.

I like guts and flare boost, because they pretty much give the strongest damage raise and imposters do not make much use of it without being burned / statused.

Edit: Does guts / flareboost even work against imposter? I have the feeling it copies the boosted stats without being statused themself. That would also explain why nobody uses it.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Heart Swap
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Zekrom @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Sassy Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Core Enforcer
- Recover
- Parting Shot

Regigigas @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shift Gear

Gengar-Mega @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Oblivion Wing
- Rock Polish

Sableye-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Moongeist Beam
- Haze
- Recover

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mean Look
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy

Last edited:
Hey,

I just made a new team I want to share and some feedback would be nice. It that has two themes:

- My previous teams always had full safety goggles on mons that did not have status abilities, which felt like I waste items slots, especially against enemies without spore. Some also simply use no guard hypnosis or something like that instead. So I use zekrom with electric surge.

- I want to use 2 chanseys for defensive purposes. In this case one is a mean look trapper, because I do not like the 4 times weakness of thousand waves zygard. The other one is a heart swap baton pass user. The idea is to use the username "Imposer" and demoralizing the opponent into thinking I use a lame ass imposter team and the battle is going to be just as lame.

These 2 also do well together since chansey pretty much cannot use safety goggles and thus makes great use of electric surge support. This is the idea behind the team. However, I am not sure about their sets. Would be cool to know if they miss something. Otherwise, the rest of the team also kinda no brain. Guts regigigas and flare boost mega-gengar hit hard. An unnecessary mega-sableye with prankster haze for even more safety than my chanseys already give. Especially the sableye is replaceable, tho, I have yet to find a mon that makes actual sense in this team chansey electric surge team. Gengar and regigigas atleast make some use of electric surge to not risk the sleep before getting burned, regigigas is also fine with getting toxiced and gengar is immune to it, which makes para the only risk left.

I would like to use another offensive mon instead of saybleye and am thinking about to replace it with guts solgeo / necrozma dusk mane, sothat I have burn + stab boosted facade, moongeist and sunsteal to spam.

I like guts and flare boost, because they pretty much give the strongest damage raise and imposters do not make much use of it without being burned / statused.

Edit: Does guts / flareboost even work against imposter? I have the feeling it copies the boosted stats without being statused themself. That would also explain why nobody uses it.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Heart Swap
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Zekrom @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Sassy Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Core Enforcer
- Recover
- Parting Shot

Regigigas @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shift Gear

Gengar-Mega @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Oblivion Wing
- Rock Polish

Sableye-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Moongeist Beam
- Haze
- Recover

Chansey @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mean Look
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
This team looks decent, but there's a lot of redundant sets (such as two unaware Chanseys!), and other errors that prevent its success.

My first change would be to change your Regigigas set to Poison Heal. Not only will it function as a main status absorber (if you remember to slow-pivot it onto the field), preventing the opponent from giving it status, but also functions as a very powerful setup sweeper with Passive Recovery. The set goes as follows.

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore / Lovely Kiss

While Flare Boost and Quick Feet can be copied by imposter (going by what you stated.), having being Poisoned allows Regigigas to absorb the Imposter's Spores, and quickly set up a Shift Gear.

The next change is crucial, and will great increase your team's potential. The Gengar set should definitely be changed from Flare Boost to one of its other sets, Imposter Proof setup or Normalize. The former is a less risky option, and probably the better play here.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit
- Sludge Wave
- Judgment

OR

Ability: Normalize
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance / Shell Smash
- Taunt

The latter has quite a few common checks, such as Magic Bounce users, and Revelation Dance Yveltal. On top of that, having to run Entrainment+Taunt reduced Gengar's coverage moveslots to just one. However, it can be a very safe option on the lower ladder (1000-1300), since a good portion of their teams aren't prepared for it. These sets will give you more bang for your teamslot, since the ability and item slot are freed up.

My next change is your Sableye. Sableye functions as a much needed Mega Mewtwo X counter, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend scrapping it, but Prankster isn't a very good ability with your current moveset and needs. I, therefore, suggest running its Fur Coat set.

Sableye-Mega @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Parting Shot / Stealth Rock
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Fur Coat Sableye is a decent wall, and great check to Mega Mewtwo X. It's immune to both of MMX's STABs, and takes Knock Off and U-Turn very well. It also imposterproofs Regigigas, which is an added bonus. There isn't too much to say about this change!

My second to last suggestion is changing your Zekrom to something more reliable. Electric Terrain isn't really doing much for your team, and you need a Magic Bounce user, so I suggest adding Mega Audino instead. Normal/Fairy is a stellar Defensive Typing, and 103/126/126 bulk is nothing to turn your nose up at. With Magic Bounce, status absorption is easy, as long as you aren't afraid to switch into it.

Audino-Mega @ Rocky Helment
Ability: Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Baneful Bunker/Parting Shot
- Shore Up

My final idea is to change out your second Unaware Chansey for Imposter Chansey. Imposter is an invaluable scouting tool, and can pick up some KOs if the opponent doesn't have answers for their own pokemon. The following synopsis of Imposter is a better one than I can write:

E4 Flint/The BH Council said:
Imposter is an ability that shapes the entire meta and is one of the best examples of low-risk, high-reward. With such benefits as being able to scout opponents for moves and ability, countersweeping one's team against one's own offensive Pokemon, or constantly switching in to "infinitely" PP stall defensive mons that would otherwise be unbreakable in other tiers, its importance can't be overstated. It can virtually be run on any Pokemon and almost always be reliable, such as:

Chansey's immense HP and ability to receive boosts from Eviolite make it the premier Imposter user in Balanced Hackmons. It can also surprise opponents looking to imposter-proof their team, with alternate items such as Lucky Punch or Spooky Plate.

Blissey (usually with Toxic Orb, as Chansey with a plate is a better choice to lure an opponent into a false sense of security) and

Pikachu with Light Ball (can break past would-be imposter checks), or any of the aforementioned Pokemon with other items such as Choice Scarf or even Quick Claw.

Even Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve can run Imposter and then Mega-Evolve, while in the transformed state, and gain the opponent's moves but the Mega's stats and ability.
The most common/viable set, Eviolite Chansey, is as follows.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Milk Drink
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst

EDIT- I can't read, look at loser's post for this thing's replacement

I tried to leave this team as intact as I could while making it viable, but this team had some issues that make it very hard to ladder with. I hope you consider the suggestions!

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Audino-Mega @ Rocky Helment
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Baneful Bunker/Parting Shot
- Shore Up

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Shift Gear

Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit
- Sludge Wave
- Judgment

Sableye-Mega @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Parting Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Milk Drink
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst

Other Resources
  • The BH Setpedia has most of the viable sets in Balanced Hackmons, so I'd encourage checking that out the next time you build. However, that's not to say that you shouldn't play around with ideas, since this is a sandbox tier.
  • The Other Teams section of the RMT Forum should give you a good sampling teams (some viable, some not so much), and another outlet to get team rates. Their guidelines are a little stricter than ours, though.

Enjoy your time on Smogon! Happy Laddering!

Last edited:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Milk Drink
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
"demoralizing the opponent into thinking I use a lame ass imposter team and the battle is going to be just as lame"

I think he made it clear he didn't want to use imposter. The rest of the suggestions look great though and seem like they would vastly improve the team's performance.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mean Look
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
For a Chansey option that isn't imposter and could go with your 2 Chansey team, I would recommend Fur Coat. That way it can serve as a mixed wall along side your unaware Chansey, who would be better at walling special threats. Here's a set that fairs well against a large number of offensive threats:

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Topsy-Turvy / Haze

They covered things well enough but, just to note: if you want status protection from Terrain, go Misty. Using Electric Terrain just for sleep protection sounds good on paper. But in practice, sooner or later you're gonna run into a Zekrom, Xurkitree, or Manectric who'll appreciate you supporting them in their attempt to sweep your team.

I know you have/had your own Zekrom, but running E.Terrain should provide damage support to multiple members, ideally, or something with Galvanize.

They covered things well enough but, just to note: if you want status protection from Terrain, go Misty. Using Electric Terrain just for sleep protection sounds good on paper. But in practice, sooner or later you're gonna run into a Zekrom, Xurkitree, or Manectric who'll appreciate you supporting them in their attempt to sweep your team.

I know you have/had your own Zekrom, but running E.Terrain should provide damage support to multiple members, ideally, or something with Galvanize.
I used e-terrain to use guts / flare boost and misty would prevent this. Tho, since imposter seems to copy the boosted stats without the need of being statused itself for whatever reason, I can ofcourse use misty and instead of guts / flare boost I simply prepare myself for the joy of the over 9000 turns battles. Btw, can some1 confirm that the interaction of imposter and guts / flare boost works that way? Because I feel like I am getting paranoid in the face of every meta game being defensive and stally as fk making any offensive team a bad choice.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Btw, can some1 confirm that the interaction of imposter and guts / flare boost works that way? Because I feel like I am getting paranoid in the face of every meta game being defensive and stally as fk making any offensive team a bad choice.
Imposter won't copy the attack/special attack boost caused by guts/flare boost, respectively, as it doesn't meet the requirements of getting the boost in that case; it isn't like an actual +1 that you'd get from Howl/Work Up/similar.
It will copy the boost if it is statused with the correct status, though, same deal with healing via Poison Heal

I will note for your future reference (since you seem to really, really like offense) that a similar detail is why Unburden Belly Drum is used on a sweeping set with some Pokemon (i.e. Kartana); your opponent hasn't lost an item while you probably ate a Sitrus Berry or something, so even if they send in their Choice Scarf Imposter user since they haven't lost an item they'll still be outsped (and hopefully ohko'd) by your Unburden abuser (until you knock off the Imposter's item... but who would do that)

Don't know if it's been posted before but this set is really cool:
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Imprison
- Spectral Thief
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip

it can OHKO unaware yveltal and is somewhat self-imposterproof. Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-780372767
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-779955213
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-780440479
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-779914096

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Imprison
- Spectral Thief
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip

This set, or rather a similar one, was posted at the beginning of the meta, and again a few pages back. However, this does look decent, but not entirely self imposterproof. A better imposterproof for this would be Gyarados Mega @ White Herb, and using Unburden as its ability. While you lose to Sturdinja, you are reliably imposterproof. Somewhat imposterproof shouldnt mean relying on a 50/50 if they have a second imposter, or sack something for a 50/50. The set looses its imposterproof if you Knock Off eviolite at some point, but Gyarados can bluff Unaware in order to discourage Chansey switching into a Knock Off. This set also looses to Scarf Imposter, but ofc Eviolite is much more common.

I’m on mobile rn, sorry about bad formatting.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Imprison
- Spectral Thief
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip

Idk man, regular Gyarados is predictable, this set has no initial power / forces nothing out to setup on the switch, is very prio weak and it can't touch prankster mons at all.
I don't really see the appeal of it over bellyburden steels who have initial power, have an easier time setting up, are less loosely improofed, are less prio weak and can touch prank mons wihtout setup.

Since there seems to be alot of people sharing their teams, here's my updated semi meme team with pixilate shedninja

Since ghost types are the bane of any team with sturdy shedninja, I decided to build a team around the set of sash pixilate shedninja to bait in and kill ghosts mainly giratina. Misty terrain helps cover status and with a magic bouncer and various deffogers keeping hazards off the field is possible. Gyrados can come in on taunts and trap and kill m-gar. Sash M-gar helps threaten fast threats that carry moongeist and sunsteel.

Celsteela covers the occasional weather while covering spikes dianci.

Help and advice is wanted!

Oberyn (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Pursuit
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Spiky Shield

Oberyn (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Shard
- Recycle

Gyarados-Mega @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Switcheroo
- U-turn

Gotta go fast (Gengar-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Fusion Flare
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Primordial Sea
Relaxed Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Recover

Registeel @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Misty Surge
Calm Nature
- Shore Up
- Defog
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock

Since there seems to be alot of people sharing their teams, here's my updated semi meme team with pixilate shedninja

Since ghost types are the bane of any team with sturdy shedninja, I decided to build a team around the set of sash pixilate shedninja to bait in and kill ghosts mainly giratina. Misty terrain helps cover status and with a magic bouncer and various deffogers keeping hazards off the field is possible. Gyrados can come in on taunts and trap and kill m-gar. Sash M-gar helps threaten fast threats that carry moongeist and sunsteel.

Celsteela covers the occasional weather while covering spikes dianci.

Help and advice is wanted!

Oberyn (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Pursuit
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Spiky Shield

Oberyn (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Shard
- Recycle

Gyarados-Mega @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Switcheroo
- U-turn

Gotta go fast (Gengar-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Fusion Flare
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Primordial Sea
Relaxed Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Recover

Registeel @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Misty Surge
Calm Nature
- Shore Up
- Defog
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock

Welcome to Smogon! This team is by no means the worst I've ever seen, but it needs some work. The following suggestions are not entirely my own, as I brought this up in the BH Discord.

Our first piece of advice is to change your Shedinja sets to the following-

Shedinja @ Protective Pads
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed / Ice Shard
- Odor Sleuth
- U-turn

Brave Nature
- Endeavor
- Recycle/Ice Shard
- U-turn

The following Shedinja sets allow them to do what they do best; get a least a 1v1 (Pixilate), and provide pressure on the opposing team by cleanly 2HKOing a large majority of the metagame. Brave lowers Shedinja's speed to function as a very slow pivot in addition to its other roles.

Our next issue is with Gengar.

willdbeast: I kinda like the idea of the team tho tbh
[4:52 PM] willdbeast: It looks fun, I think the mgar is unnecessary
[4:52 PM] willdbeast: Could be moldy gar tbh

Ability: Mold Breaker / Dazzling
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Pursuit / Secret Sword / Lovely Kiss
- Sludge Wave / Lovely Kiss
- Shell Smash

Mold Breaker Gengar is a self-imposterproofing menace throughout Balanced Hackmons. This set, and the top one listed below, also take care of Shedinja, which is a huge threat to this team.

However, Choice scarf is a semi-viable set, but the following moves will give it the most utility/coverage possible. It is wholly outclassed by Mold Breaker Gengar pretty much everywhere, but if you really like using it, here is the set.

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Searing Shot / Blue Flare

Edit WIP I'll finish tomorrow....

Welcome to Smogon! This team is by no means the worst I've ever seen, but it needs some work. The following suggestions are not entirely my own, as I brought this up in the BH Discord.

Our first piece of advice is to change your Shedinja sets to the following-

Brave Nature
- Endeavor
- Odor Sleuth
- U-turn

Brave Nature
- Endeavor
- Recycle/Ice Shard
- U-turn

The following Shedinja sets allow them to do what they do best; get a least a 1v1 (Pixilate), and provide pressure on the opposing team by cleanly 2HKOing a large majority of the metagame. Brave lowers Shedinja's speed to function as a very slow pivot in addition to its other roles.

Our next issue is with Gengar.

willdbeast: I kinda like the idea of the team tho tbh
[4:52 PM] willdbeast: It looks fun, I think the mgar is unnecessary
[4:52 PM] willdbeast: Could be moldy gar tbh

Ability: Mold Breaker / Dazzling
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Pursuit / Secret Sword / Lovely Kiss
- Sludge Wave / Lovely Kiss
- Shell Smash

Mold Breaker Gengar is a self-imposterproofing menace throughout Balanced Hackmons. This set, and the top one listed below, also take care of Shedinja, which is a huge threat to this team.

However, Choice scarf is a semi-viable set, but the following moves will give it the most utility/coverage possible. It is wholly outclassed by Mold Breaker Gengar pretty much everywhere, but if you really like using it, here is the set.

Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Searing Shot / Blue Flare

Edit WIP I'll finish tomorrow....
Thanks for the sets, I'll make sure to try them out. I'm abit iffy on taking away sash on pixilate as if they do manage to get a setup on something with moongesit or sunsteel it act's as an emergency check. But the gengar set does help add alot more pressure which this team was lacking.

I forgot odor slueth existed lol.

Hi, I’m wondering a good special sweeper, any ideas? :o
Sure man, just run mega rayquaza or mmy, they're both broken.
I kinda enjoy Poison heal Kyogre with quiver dance, since kyogre is your mon you might enjoy.
Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Taunt / Entrainment
You wanna run moves that don't hit you too hard so you can beat imposter Chansey. Scald + Ice beam has good coverage, scald burns switchins which wears them down and removes leftovers recovery. Taunt beats recovery mons but you can wear them down anyway, it's more important for shit with topsy turvy, entrain can be used against regen / unawaer mons. Or you can run anything else on that last slot.

Or check out the various resources like the VR or the role compendium.
VR: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-central-resources.3593766/#post-7203702
Role Compedium: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-central-resources.3593766/#post-7203746

Me and my ego think this set will take off. So before it does I'll claim ownership to it :afrostar:.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Spectral Thief

And that's about it set up is simple. Go for spore then shell. I call it the MMY S for Simple reasons. The -Def and SpDef is helpful against Blis and Chans but is also a pain against priority moves. So I guess it needs work there. It will KO every Pokemon period unless they got a bumped up SpDef but that's what spec is for. Please feel free to modify this set (Not that I could stop you). On a final note you could put Mind Plate on or a similar item if you really wanted to but it really doesn't make a difference.

It will KO every Pokemon period unless they got a bumped up SpDef.
Mewtwo-Mega-Y Stored Power vs. Yveltal: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

+4 252- Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 120-141 (26.3 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 474-558 (113.9 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252 Atk Yveltal Spectral Thief vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 876-1032 (210.5 - 248%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A lot of Yveltal are Bounce or Poison Heal. Not all, since they run Simple too but... KOing everything ever is a bold claim when it doesn't. :p It also has a 50% chance to lose to Imposter. Prankster Haze shuts the set down pretty well too, especially if they have Goggles or Misty Terrain.

Also, no need to claim any Simple Smash set. Just about every iteration has been done to death unless you wanna do like... Houndoom-Mega.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y Stored Power vs. Yveltal: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

+4 252- Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 120-141 (26.3 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 474-558 (113.9 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252 Atk Yveltal Spectral Thief vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 876-1032 (210.5 - 248%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A lot of Yveltal are Bounce or Poison Heal. Not all, since they run Simple too but... KOing everything ever is a bold claim when it doesn't. :p It also has a 50% chance to lose to Imposter. Prankster Haze shuts the set down pretty well too, especially if they have Goggles or Misty Terrain.

Also, no need to claim any Simple Smash set. Just about every iteration has been done to death unless you wanna do like... Houndoom-Mega.
yeah i realized this a little bit after posting the set here's a modified version that is better suited against dark most importantly Yveltal. Thankfully there's several effective ways to go about this without making the set explicitly and Yveltal killer:

1. Forget MMY Gardevoir-Mega works as well with this set.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Spore
- Moonblast

Safety Goggles has you covered against bouncers plus plate never really improved it significantly and the fairy typing gives you some stab if you really want it. This works in your favor in a few ways most obviously Yveltal its also nice against Zygod, Tytar and, Rayq Mega. On the other side of the spectrum its even more weak to ghost (in particular Spec Thief).

2. Basically Gardevoir but MMY

Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Spore
- Moonblast

Not much to say here that wasnt said above. However is less weak to ghost but is not as weak before.

Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Spore
- Moonblast

3. This set is better against all of MMY's big threats than #2 unless you really care about that 5 higher power and the -Spa.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mind Plate
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam

Ice beam is better suited agianst Rayq and, Zygod and basically the same agianst Tytar and, Yveltal as well.

Thanks for the feed back tho while I wrote this it really gave me the time to process the sets main weaknesses and try to make it more effective against them. I also have a strong feeling you could have worked all this out yourself but you didn't and quite frankly thank you, me doing all this research myself helps me improve my skills at BH and frankly Pokemon in general.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)