Base Stats of New Pokemon

Nope, that's pretty much it. Add to that the fact that they have the same stats...

eh.

But aiming mark EQ would give it something at least.

As it stands, nothing can really switch into CBTar either. The new metagame will more likely than not require an entirely new mindset and approach to battling, so while it may seem "broken" now, it should be tolerable in the future.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Doryuuzu has nothing on Rotom-W, especially if the rumors about it becoming Electric/Water are true. Unaffected by Earthquake, 4x resistant to steel...and it retaliates with STAB Hydro Pump. The same is true of Rotom-H, but Stone Edge is an issue.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Doryuuzu has nothing on Rotom-W, especially if the rumors about it becoming Electric/Water are true. Unaffected by Earthquake, 4x resistant to steel...and it retaliates with STAB Hydro Pump. The same is true of Rotom-H, but Stone Edge is an issue.
I didn't think of that one. Hopefully it does become tolerable with the new metagame, but as I said if it gets taunt, then I for one will be pushing for a suspect test when the time comes.

The pigeon pulled out better then I thought it would. Still useless though. But what surprises me is the Yorkie.

I didn't think of that one. Hopefully it does become tolerable with the new metagame, but as I said if it gets taunt, then I for one will be pushing for a suspect test when the time comes.
It is things like this that make suspect tests biased, you've never played with it or against it, seen its movepool or even played anything like the metagame it will be in and already you have preconceived notions.

#551Meguroko (Lv. 29 -->) #552Warubiru (Lv. 40 -->)
#553Warubiaru
Ground/Dark
Intimidate/"Earthquake Spiral"
HP: 95
Atk: 117
Def: 70
SpA: 65
SpD: 70
Spe: 92

EQ Spiral combined with decent bulk and good atk (and nice speed) and 2 good STAB sure is scary

Ononokusu has that move, Dragon Tail. Remember? Even if it has negative priority, it's going to be forcing switches at an alarmingly high rate, giving you a chance to hit a "counter" really dang hard with Dragon Tail and then force it to switch (if I understand the mechanics of the move correctly) so you got a mega hit on something.

Ononkusu@Choice Band/Life Orb
252 Att / 224 Spe / rest in HP - Jolly
~ Dragon Tail
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch (probably)

What does it hit, like 395 Attack with this spread? CB puts it up to 592. LO puts it up to 513. CB Fire Punch 2HKOs Skarmory after Stealth Rock. Mold Breaker discourages Bronzong / other Levitators from switching in and makes EQ wayy easier to spam.

And for fun, Dragon Dance + Life Orb puts it at 770 Attack after one free turn.

tl;dr This is going to be awesome :D
Oh come on there's a limit. You're making sets based on his typing? Without knowing anything about the game?
Plus Dragon Tail just doesn't work here, you can't afford to go second with his stats.

A DDance set would be much better.

^Not so scary when you realize that it is weak to Water/Ice/Fighting/Grass/Bug...all of which are fairly common.

It will be potent, for sure, but not too overpowering, especially since its speed is reasonable.

^Not so scary when you realize that it is weak to Water/Ice/Fighting/Grass/Bug...all of which are fairly common.

It will be potent, for sure, but not too overpowering, especially since its speed is reasonable.
It would make a decent revenge killer though.
Especially late game.

The Rock/Flying is going to be a slower version of Aerodactyl. I like some of this, but most of it seems like a waste of time.

I hope VGC incorporates a non-legend method next year. Those legends... ngggh

I'm willing to bet VGC will disallow ubers for next year, probably then bring them back the year after next.

As for me, can't wait till they crack the RNG, hopefully they do before VGCs start up...

I think ScarfOno will have fun with Outrage going off of a legendary worthy Attack stat. DD will probably be better, but still looks like it'll punch holes in anything not prepared.

I think ScarfOno will have fun with Outrage going off of a legendary worthy Attack stat. DD will probably be better, but still looks like it'll punch holes in anything not prepared.
It looks like scarf Rayquaza, but with out a Stealth rock weakness, and only 60 base special attack. It would be the thing in between scarf Garchomp and scarf Rayquaza

nattorei the new steel/grass might replace forretress, gains fighting weakness but resistance to water. Looks like he can spikes and rapid spin too. Also can come in on pretty much any water type with those defenses.

Holy shit, did they raise the base stat average or whatever of pokemon this generation?

Lots of 120+ (or 140+) base offensive stats and still have decent speed or other stats...

How are the old pokemon gonna hold up? :(

Insane. :nerd: But it sounds fun. :naughty:

It is things like this that make suspect tests biased, you've never played with it or against it, seen its movepool or even played anything like the metagame it will be in and already you have preconceived notions.
That's why we hopefully won't do suspect tests until we have played the metagame.

Nobody's talking about the OTHER pure dragon?

Yeah... there's another one. 77/120/90/60/90/48

It's solid defensively, and being pure dragon helps actually, as it gives him the three elemental resistances and only two weaknesses.
I could see it working very well with Dragon Tail [which is a TM, so it's practically guaranteed that he gets it]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)