Battle Subway

Has anyone used Swellow?

I'm using an adamant one with guts and flame orb...and well some stats...(without prior damage, spikes, SS, etc)

I OHKO'd
Hydregion
Salamence
Garchomp

And brought a NVE hit on shuckle to about half health.

It also failed to OHKO a Elecktross, but it was brought to red anyways so my scizor finished it of with (ha!) a bullet punch.

Of course it's useless against ghosts and some steels but u-turn fixes that.

I also have quick attack as a back up move in case of another priority move, or paralization. (sp)

It's not perfect, but its been doing very well especially since I either lead with Tyrannitar (For sand stream) or Swampert (Stealth Rock) to break sashes and turn alot of things into OHKO's.

On my team I also have a baton passing scizor...you can imagine the chaos a +2 SD/Agility, 140, stabbed, guts boosted attack does to its opponents.

(Just had another thought, It'd be sweet if you could use lv. 1 aron's with endeavor/sturdy/shell bell, especially if you had a sand stream lead)

Quiet Chandelure. Heat Wave, Minimize, and Calm Mind. Good set? If so, what's the fourth move?

Also, I'm deciding to use an Agility Lopunny instead of Choice Scarf Cinccino to use After You on Conkeldurr. What other moves should Lopunny have in addition to After You and Agility, and what item and ability?

Argh, I hate Battle Subway hax, they stack their team against yours so much.

My 28th battle using my new team was like this:

Opponent was on their last poke, a Venusaur. I had all three pokes, Hydreigon out, but at red health, and a Jellicent with around 60% health. At this point I was pretty confident of a win.

Hydreigon used Flamethrower, got Venusaur down to red health. It activated Salac berry, got +1 speed, and ko'd my dragon with Grass Knot.

I send out Mienshao, confident I can win the battle to a Fake Out. I use Fake Out, the Venusaur uses... Protect.

Me: Wut. Ok, that's alright, I bet I can still out speed the +1 boost because I'm Jolly 31 IV speed...

Venusaur: LOL NO HAVE AN ENERGY BALL

And it wipes out my Mienshao in one hit, and of course demolishes my Jellicent soon after. I was... not pleased.

of all things holy, i got beaten by this:

456 | Abomasnow | Lonely | Miracle Seed | Wood Hammer | Brick Break | Double Team | Blizzard | HP/Atk/SpA

Crit on Wood Hammer on a half health Chansey that is about to recieve Wish, and a Softboiled. Fuck you, Yukari.

Of course, you know this means WAR bitch. (Yes, you can call me a sore loser, but there is no way in hell I will let some NPC beat me with shit like this.)

The Subway scales up to level 50 as well as down, unfortunately :(
I know, thats why I said "IT WOULD BE SWEET" because I was already aware of that.

Still, just the thought of trolling the entire subway that bad though...it makes me laugh so hard.

I know, thats why I said "IT WOULD BE SWEET" because I was already aware of that.

Still, just the thought of trolling the entire subway that bad though...it makes me laugh so hard.
You do know since the teams are gonna be stacked against you, after a while there will be a lot of Ghosts and weather changers... not to mention the plethora of rock, steel and ground types that the Aron strategy doesn't work too well on. Oh, and status users.

No matter what you try, eventually the subway will troll you right back. Freaking hax trains...

Multiscale DDnite is beautiful. Used one on my run. Give it a Yache Berry, nothing can touch you.
I would recommend FirePunch over EQ when doing Subway, because Fire Punch is useful against those Bug/Steel types or Ferrothorn.
I prefer using Brick Break as the secondary attacking move so I don't get walled by Heatran/random Air Balloons.

Also, Lum Berry>Yache so status doesn't ruin your setup.

Oh dang it.

I was using my ingame team to troll the Battle Subway. I was on Battle 15 when I got raped by this:

168 | Leavanny | Jolly | Razor Fang | Leaf Blade | Bug Bite | Shadow Claw | Aerial Ace | Atk/Spd

The opponent had this as a lead:

144 | Audino | Modest | Leftovers | Hyper Beam | Simple Beam | Thunder | Heal Pulse | HP/SpA

And he Simple Beam'd my Gurdurr, so I Bulk Up'd to +6, then swept his 2 mon. Leavanny was the last when he critted through my +6 defense, proceeded to outspeed my Simipour(lolwut), then 2HKO'd my Serperior while he did piss-poor damage with Return. >_>

Quiet Chandelure. Heat Wave, Minimize, and Calm Mind. Good set? If so, what's the fourth move?

Also, I'm deciding to use an Agility Lopunny instead of Choice Scarf Cinccino to use After You on Conkeldurr. What other moves should Lopunny have in addition to After You and Agility, and what item and ability?
Chandelure: I'm assuming Doubles since you're running Heat Wave, in which case I'd probably only go with one of Minimize/Calm Mind, run Shadow Ball and (if you can) a good HP in the last slot (probably Ice). If not that, I'd go with Psychic. (Yeah, Chandelure doesn't get many good options for doubles - Protect's always there, I guess? - but can rely on its good singles options in both formats.)

For the Lopunny... Klutz. Fling. Iron Ball. No, it's not good, but I really like it. XD (Alternatively, Switcheroo, but then that makes After You almost pointless.) Yeah, I'm not much help on Lopunny. Might have a look if I get time soon and nobody else has replied.

I'm going to give the following team a go:

Whimsicott
- Taunt
- Memento

Outspeeds most things and has Prankster for priority Taunt. Then Memento lets you switch in Durant without him loafing around after being switched in.

Durant
- Entrainment

I can't think of any ways the AI can mess with this strategy. Durant is only weak to Fire, a type which has no priority move and almost no QC users. Fake Out isn't a problem any more either since Whimsicott has taken care of that. Given that a Scarfed Durant can outspeed anything with 228 Speed EVs it should be a breeze.

Drapion
- Protect
- Acu
- Sub
- Crunch

Once Entrainment is up they are basically screwed except for maybe Baton Pass? Thoughts?

I'm currently at 70 wins with:
Hydreigen@life orb
Modest, 252 sp attack and speed, 6 hp
Dragon pulse
draco meteor
Flamethrower
U-turn

I can u-turn to turn off sturdy on the numerous bastiodons or aggrons as I switch to metagross so I can OHKO them. Otherwise it serves to deal with a lot of the very physically bulky pokemon I come across. Hippowdon and gliscor being two good examples.
I'm considering putting surf on it, but right now I don't think it would be worth it.

Dragonite@choice band (multiscale)
Adamant, 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 hp
Extremespeed
Outrage
Firepunch
Waterfall

I think I will drop waterfall for eq.
Was once the lead, as outrage will commonly tear through the AI's teams.
The ability to revenge kill (especially infernape) made it much to valuable to risk losing, as well as the ability to withstand almost any one hit (something that should be preserved).

As a note, the AI throws barrages of earthquakes at this dragonite. So far it hasn't yet died to a ground attack.

Metagross@leftovers
Adamant, 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 hp
Meteor mash
Thunderpunch
Bullet punch
Earthquake

I'm considering using a metagross with a different ev spread (and a different username, it is painful to see and type), but currently it outspeeds most pokemon.
Takes ice type attacks like a champ (but has died to a few ice beam freezes).

My team has some trouble with dragons (particularly garchomp) and infernape.
My most embarrassing loss was to...vespiqueen. Confuse ray, defense order, heal order, attack order>my team.

Right now I need to get a 49 win streak at super multi, as I already have the trophy from super double and super single. I have three friends that may be willing to do it, but none of the teams I have tried with them so far seemed to be all that spectacular.
The team I used for doubles was the same team I listed above for singles (except giving the hydreigon a choice specs) and adding a timid volcarona@life orb. I led with volcarona and dragonite. The basic strategy was to outrage while volcarona took care of any steal types (strategy would perhaps be improved by using infernape instead of volcarona, as fighting and fire stab should led you take care of any steal type-I would need to get around to convincing a friend to hack me an infernape though).

I tried this strategy with a friend and it didn't work as well, and would like to see better (real?) double battle strategies that I could utilize for the supermulti.

EDIT: I like the truant durant strategy, and want to try it sometime in singles.
Is it really necessary to run the whimsicott as well? I think mementoing is largely unnecessary, and you may be better served if you had some sort of back up plan.
The substitute you would have after setting up would make it nearly impossible to lose (they would nead priority move+crit along with quick claw + OHKO move/crit to win-all while hitting through any evasion boosts you might have gotten), but memento makes it seem hardly any easier to set up.

Metagross and the regis are also fairly common.

This is what makes it seem as though the memento is unnecessary-they shouldn't ever really be hitting you in the first place with protect+sub.
Hoping that durant(@choice scarf?) takes a hit so that he can serve to allow a back up stat up sweeper to win if the drapion fails seems like an overall safer plan to me.

1337 ;)1-1151-1;3435132 said:
Is it really necessary to run the whimsicott as well? I think mementoing is largely unnecessary, and you may be better served if you had some sort of back up plan.
Currently I'm using a different team with a Durant lead and the only thing I am worried about is stuff like Protect, Detect, Fake Out, priority Taunt... It works alright because I have a decent back-up in case Durant fails but it might be easier to avoid those moves altogether.

Whimsicott would pretty much take care of those moves like a boss. Memento is just so I can send in Durant without switching. The problem with Truant being that you loaf around after switching, which would leave Durant vulnerable for a turn? (at least I think so, I never switched my lead Durant back in!) Even if he wouldn't loaf around, Memento would protect Durant from a bunch of Fire moves on the switch that will OHKO him.

I'm going to give the following team a go:

Whimsicott
- Taunt
- Memento

Outspeeds most things and has Prankster for priority Taunt. Then Memento lets you switch in Durant without him loafing around after being switched in.

Durant
- Entrainment

I can't think of any ways the AI can mess with this strategy. Durant is only weak to Fire, a type which has no priority move and almost no QC users. Fake Out isn't a problem any more either since Whimsicott has taken care of that. Given that a Scarfed Durant can outspeed anything with 228 Speed EVs it should be a breeze.

Drapion
- Protect
- Acu
- Sub
- Crunch

Once Entrainment is up they are basically screwed except for maybe Baton Pass? Thoughts?
OHKO hax says hi, and if Drapion doesn't have shell armor crit hax says hello too. Not too mention Justified hearth users (they are there).

With Sub and Protect nothing can kill it, expecially with truant support. Justified hearth users seems to be the only thing that will stop this strategie. Truant Durant could be the new Trick team.

Edit: Moody users with 2 attacks could be better than good old Drapion

Heart of Justice doesn't give you Dark type immunity as far as I know. Actually, probably any Pokémon with Substitute, Accupressure and Protect would work for this team. You won't be taking any hits anyway except maybe vs Pokémon 2+3. Then +6 Evasion and a Sub should be enough.

The first two Pokémon will outspeed everything, so without Quick Claw + OHKO pokes (which I didn't see on the list), how is OHKO hax a problem?

EDIT: Yes, moody with 2 attacks seems better I didn't think of that!

You´re right it didn´t give an immunity. With truant you can easily set up to +6 in every stat. I can´t see how you could lose, even massive hax won´t kill you.

If you're gonna use Durant with Traunt, why not just use Scarf Ninjask with No Guard and Sheer Cold? After all, neither of them are currently obtainable legally.

Screw any other item other than Wide Lens on Mienshao. HJK misses at the most crucial moments, leaving me in unwinnable situations. No Life Orb, no Focus Sash, WIDE LENS.

Let's suppose that you have only access to Pokemon from B/W at the moment, including post-game mons. What would probably be the easiest way to get to the 49th battle of the Super Single Subway? I do have the time to breed.

A team of Archeops, Starmie, and Virizion seems to work for the first seven trainers at best, but I know there's better.

Actually, instead of Lopunny, I am now considering a Tailwind Togekiss to support Chandelure as well. What other moves besides Tailwind and After You, what ability, what item, and what item for Chandelure?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So, this is my team at the moment:
Scizor @ Razor Fang (Technician)
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Aerial Ace
-U-Turn

Aggron @ Leftovers (Rock Head)
-Hone Claws
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

Blaziken @ Fighting Gem (Blaze)
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-Vacuum Wave
-HP Grass 70
(Got no other good items besides Rocky Helmet, and I got this from the WiFi section last gen)

Battle 17 or 18.

I send out Scizor, my opponent sends out Scolipede. I use SD and it uses Screech (when I use Screech it hits once every five times I use it so fuck Scolipede), I kill the 'Pede with Bullet Punch. In comes the little bastard fish Basculin. I click Aerial Ace (+2 BP didn't kill a Joltik, so it won't kill the bastard fish) and it outspeeds me and hits me with Aqua Tail (I'm at -2). I go down, send out Blaziken. Vacuum Wave fails to KO and the chicken goes down. Aggron comes in, lives through Aqua Tail and kills the fucker. In comes Alomamola... I use Head Smash and it takes off a good chunk, it uses Dive. THE STUPID FISH HAD LEFTOVERS. I live through Dive next turn, click Head Smash and... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...IT MISSES. I lost to a bastard fish and Luvdisc's crazy uncle. Seriously, how does Game Freak expect the casual gamers to get past round two with the stronger opponents and smarter AI?

I love how the opponent can spam protect 5 times in a row and have it activate all of those times. And the next time it fails I miss with a Will-o-wisp, and then it keeps spamming.

I also love how I can miss WoW four times in a row, when statistically that chance is... very low.

I LOVE IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)