Battle Subway

breh

強いだね
has anybody had any success with basic sandstorm teams?

I.E. Tar/Dory/filler (something to kill abomasnow I guess? I'd presume max/max reuniclus with hp fire or something.. the dt one is likely evil though)

I got swept by this piece of shit in super doubles train during my 28th battle:

Pinsir | Jolly | Choice Scarf | X-Scissor | Earthquake | Close Combat | Guillotine | Atk/Spd

My leads are BulkyGyara and E-Belt Hydreigon with BalloontTtar and LifeOrb Excadrill in reserve. I pretty much raped every trainer up to this point.

Opponents leads Pinsir and Conkledurr. I know I have to kill Conkledurr asap or else my whole team is getting raped. What would you know that the opposing Pinsir is the scarf one (and immune to Dos' Intimidate) and ohko's Hydreigon with Xscissor. I get really lucky with a crit and flinch on Conkledurr and take him out next turn.

Opponent send out Garchomp and I proceed to miss twice in a row with Tar and Dos' attacks while he swords dance up. Opponent kills my Dos and Tar.

I send out Excadrill and OHKO both Pinsir and Garchomp with EQ (Pinsir had been eating SS damage as I was attempting to stall for turns)

Last Pokemon? A fucking donphan ;_;

I think I need to change my team around so its not ultra weak to fighting lol. I this I'm gonna take out Tar and Excadrill and put in JollyGarchomp and something else that I have access to, Jolteon/Mienshao?

has anybody had any success with basic sandstorm teams?

I.E. Tar/Dory/filler (something to kill abomasnow I guess? I'd presume max/max reuniclus with hp fire or something.. the dt one is likely evil though)
Hey there i am currently running Gyarados / Hippodon / Excadrill

Side note: the hippodon is just a caught in the wild pre evo with some hp ev's and no slack off.

Basicly the games goes like this: Gyardos in, if he can attack or dd he will. When i know a elec / rock attack is coming i switch to hippo. Hippos only purpose in the game is more or less get the sandstorm up and then continue to yawn. I love it when the opponent kills my hippo because i get a free sleep for Exca. Usually 1x SD is enough. If i know Exca can survive the incoming attack i go for an other attack.

This team has problems with bulky waters and fighting pokes. This will be the case because of the Steel type of Exca.

I recently bred a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 larvitar without any haxx device so i am planning on using him soon :). i think reuniclus could fit in very well with either Trick room / 3 attacks or recover + CM 2 attacks :)

n

I am currently at 70 wins in the single train with

Garchomp
adamant
Choice Scarf
252 atk 252 spd
Outrage, Stone Edge, EQ, and Fire Blast

Togekiss
Modest
Leftovers
252 HP 252 SpAtk
T-wave, Air Slash, Grass Knot, Aura Sphere

Lucario
Adamant
Focus Sash
252 Atk 252 Spd
Close Combat, Swords Dance, E-Speed, Shadow Claw

I was thinking of switching in my
Gyrados
Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spd
DD, Waterfall, Ice Fang, EQ

into my team. Would my team be better if I added Gyra? If so, who should he replace? What is the best Item for him to hold? Finally, are there any changes I should make to any of my pokes in my team at all?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
21 wins at last in Super Subway Singles.
Only Scizor gets a .gif because I can't find any free-to-use ones of the others.
Scizor @ Razor Fang
Careful
Technician
4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
-Swords Dance
-U-Turn
-Aerial Ace
-Bullet Punch

Basically the typical Scizor minus Superpower. SD+BP for obvious reasons, U-Turn for a quick switch off of 181 Attack, and AA as filler (not that it isn't useful, though.). Scizor is my main sweeper, and is bulky enough to typically get off a Swords Dance and sweep. Razor Fang for random BP flinches, which are cool and always nice to find.

Milotic @ Rocky Helmet / Brightpowder
Modest
Marvel Scale
4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Substitute

A beautiful tanky bunch of pixels and data. Surf and Ice Beam are standard damaging moves on Milotic. Recover to heal (obviously) and Substitute because it never got Dragon Pulse (bred it in White with a Ditto) and has a stupid HP Ice. Despite a bit of a lacking movepool, it's great. Water alone has great coverage, and Ice Beam takes care of Grass- and Dragon-types. It counters what must be countered and often walls what comes out next (especially Pokemon using two-turn moves), and using Substitute against Shuckle is pretty funny to watch. Both items have helped me before in their own ways.

Yeah, he's shiny.
Blaziken @ Fighting Gem / Leftovers (to be Life Orb)
Rash
Blaze
4Atk / 252SpA / 252Spe
-Fire Blast
-Vacuum Wave
-Superpower
-Hidden Power Grass

Basically to absorb random Will-O-Wisps, hit Steels, etc. It is pretty darn strong though. HP Grass even takes care of Water-types. Generally, Blaziken only sees use when something can beat Scizor AND Milotic, as the chicken is rather frail (although it CAN take a Durant's Dig). Pokeshifted from SoulSilver with perfect HP Grass IVs.

If I wanted to farm BP, would you guys recommend Singles or Doubles? Super lines?
WiFi train if you can use it, but you need a good team of overpowered Pokes (Like Latios or Scarfchomp), since the WiFi train is a bit difficult but gives 10 BP per 7 wins for every new train you battle through (You have to download new data each time or you'll just get 5 BP from the earlier train)

My team atm;

Latias; Timid@Light Clay
LIGHT SCREEN/ REFLECT/ DRAGON PULSE/ RECOVER

Suicine; Bold@Leftovers
SLEEP TALK/ REST/ SURF/ CALM MIND

Heatran; Naive@Scarf
FIRE BLAST/ EARTH POWER/ HPICE70/ DRAGON PULSE

I was thinking about switching out Heatran since I can't do squat against bulky waters to possibly an offensive Zapdos or, a CB Scizor for the synergy. What y'all think?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
finally earned my super doubles trophy with my rain team. from what ive seen in-game so far with regards to rain abuse in the battle subway, its overpowered.

scarf politoed: surf / hydro pump / focus blast / ice beam (modest 252 satk/spd)
lorb kingdra: draco meteor, hydro pump, dragon pulse and surf ( modest 252 satk/spd
specs tornadus: hurricane / focus blast / u-turn / tailwind (timid 252 satk/spd)
sash thundurus: thunder / focus blast / nasty plot / hp ice (timid 252 satk/spd)

poli and kingdra truck through the first 2/3 pokemon, with both genies waiting to pick up the pieces.

iirc im roughly between battles 65-70 atm, and going.

Completely unrelated to the battling portions of the Battle Subway, has anyone noticed how creepy the people are on that thing?

A teenage girl told me she thought I was cute and that she desired to raise me as one of her own. There was also a biker wailing on about how he missed his dead "partner". Messed up, man...

Do defensive pokemon work in the Subway? I'm talking a team like Hippo / Ferrothorn / Jellicent.
I assume you're talking about singles.

Only tried Hippo and Ferrothorn, they work okay-ish, but only after you lured out and terminated their counters, from what I've experienced. Not worth the effort. Also, battles take ages. I had pretty great success with an Acupressure Shuckle, but hell, it was just too annoying to play defensively every battle.

I assume you're talking about singles.

Only tried Hippo and Ferrothorn, they work okay-ish, but only after you lured out and terminated their counters, from what I've experienced. Not worth the effort. Also, battles take ages. I had pretty great success with an Acupressure Shuckle, but hell, it was just too annoying to play defensively every battle.
What would be a good 3rd member?

You want to work both?
If I had to say, probably Heatran or Chandelure to take the Fire attacks aimed for Ferrothorn.
Chandelure also is immune to Fighting, which is awesome.
Though of course you could just work with a Bulky Water, i.e. Jellicent which is also immune to Fighters and can take Fire attacks easily.
Just try not to become set up bait and beware of the hax. No matter how ofter you cursed with your Ferrothorn, when every second opponent attack is a crit, you're dead.

But I'm not an expert really.

The Subway people say such weird things... not to mention Hiker Tapioca. Anyway, I tried running a Sandstorm team with Ttar, Excadrill, and Regirock, and I was up against so many more Machamps, Swamperts, (insert Poke good against Sandstorm team here), etc. than I'd ever seen with a more "balanced" team. Maybe old news, but the Subway builds its teams against you just like the Tower!

I enjoyed defensive Battle Tower teams last gen, I don't see why they wouldn't do ok now.

The Subway people do say weird and strange things!

When I beat this one girl she was like "I like you. Please be my friend."

While I eventually get around to getting my Memento Whimsicott, anyone know a good partner to a Toxic Orb Swellow and an Agility + 3 Attacks Empoleon? Something that resists Electric I guess, but I just don't know. Maybe a Haxorus? Or a Ground type that I'm not thinking of? Something with decent speed, I guess.

While I eventually get around to getting my Memento Whimsicott, anyone know a good partner to a Toxic Orb Swellow and an Agility + 3 Attacks Empoleon? Something that resists Electric I guess, but I just don't know. Maybe a Haxorus? Or a Ground type that I'm not thinking of? Something with decent speed, I guess.
Try Poison Heal Gliscor? Use Swords Dance if you plan to use Gliscor after Whimsicott's Memento.

For Multi Battles... would having your partner run a defensive set and Taunting it do some... good?

I had the F.Trainer use an Accelgor with some good speed in a defense set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)