Battle Tree Discussion and Records

To finally answer the Charizard question (which yes, I should have responded to that a long time ago), my plan was always to start with Toxic, which already was placing my streak in jeopardy (considering Toxic's 90 accuracy). If I faced Charizard Y, it had a strong tendency to use Solar Beam rather than Focus Blast (or even Heat Wave), which allowed Porygon2 time to use Confide. If it was Charizard X instead, I would have Porygon2 survive as long as possible until it fainted, letting recoil and Toxic damage build up, where Charizard would faint at the same time as Porygon2, or the turn after (which was stalled by Aegislash). Clearly this left me in a bad spot, as I was down to two not-set-up Pokemon and a King's Shield turn just used up. As it was, I knew Charizard was the likeliest of ways that the streak was going to end, and me saying that I was extremely lucky mostly referred to not running into Charizard very often at all, lead or otherwise.
Right, I figured there wasn't any more insight to be gained other than that your team, which apparently won 1000 straight on its first run with an entirely new team member and no tweaks to the other two members, does in fact rely on a move with 90% accuracy to a degree that isn't seen on the Singles leaderboard until one gets down to teams with fewer than 200 straight wins that use stuff like Play Rough Mimikyu.

I could ask about dozens of other scenarios that would be equally as threatening as the prospect of facing a single Charizard lead, but it seems that you either got the Eternal Sunshine treatment or that your team (for reasons I am completely at a loss to understand) is so perfect that you never even had any memorable close calls or times you had to think on your feet outside of "welp, just gotta use Toxic and hope for the best." So yes, nothing will come out of it but you'll always have the unbreakable records of "fewest battles even vaguely remembered per win" and "lowest amount of insight about how to use the team per win." There's no need to apologize; it's not affecting my sleep in the least bit knowing someone claimed a long winning streak that has a 99.999 percent chance of being doctored, which has basically occurred like clockwork every few months since the first thread about the Battle Tower and will continue to occur into the indefinite future.

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I could ask about dozens of other scenarios that would be equally as threatening as the prospect of facing a single Charizard lead
Whenever you have the time, I would be very curious to see a list of those scenarios--since SL has his/her threatlist handy on his/her writeup, it would be cool to compare what you come up with alongside the existing threatlist, to look for any correlations.

I can think of one right off the bat - lead glalie3 using substitute. It doesn't matter if it's moody, as it has sheer cold and either outspeeds or OHKOes your Substitute users. Glalie4 also heavily dents anything you send at it with Explosion/Earthquake (deals over half to Aegi on the switch), and this also leaves you at a loss of momentum. The best thing you can do is hope it explodes into Aegi's protect after taking an EQ on the switch(you can't go to mence on the initial EQ and to aegi on the ice move, since it could freeze you).

There's also rotom-f (both sets, one has wisp and the other has t wave, which is even worse than wisp to get hit by), Abomasnow3 (can you say "sheer cold + blizzard"), Incineroar4 (QC user that breaks aegi and does heavy damage to P2, also can u-turn out whenever it feels like it), taunt users (thundurus4, weavile4, bisharp4)
That's also not incuding combinations of sets that can be harmful (articuno2 opening up a hole in the team for a different legendary to exploit)
Also pressure suicune1 bops you pretty hard between pp stalling confide, chesto rest, and ice beam/surf

Whenever you have the time, I would be very curious to see a list of those scenarios--since SL has his/her threatlist handy on his/her writeup, it would be cool to compare what you come up with alongside the existing threatlist, to look for any correlations.
Aegislash and Salamence has probably been the most popular combination of Pokemon for 2 generations; the threats are well documented. Porygon2 is basically the off-brand version of Chansey (252/252 Bold Chansey takes special hits a whopping 50% better while taking physical hits equally well and obviously having a more useful ability in Natural Cure) used for the sake of being 'unique' rather than providing optimal team support. Having a Toxic stalling lead that has no protection against status and isn't used in a sacrificial role is basically going out of the way to maximize the exposure to threats that can beat the other two.

If you hit something with Toxic and get frozen/paralyzed within the first few turns because P2 is literally a sitting duck, then the lead faints and you potentially can't lower the Special Attack of a 2nd Pokemon that you actually need to cripple rather than goof around against, and at that point Aegimence can just lose to like plain old AV Magnezone (let alone all the other inopportune combinations of two Pokemon and the hax they can inflict). The team is weak to critical hits/status on the switch-in, and spamming Confide against something means it's not going to damage P2 and you can't bring in the other two except by switching (and not having Thunder Wave support gives everything faster than Aegislash or minimum speed Salamence an extra chance to crit/status before a Sub can go up). The team is weak to things that can boost Attack and chooses not to lead with an Intimidate user or run Trace on P2 to potentially Intimidate Gyarados.

There's just a lot of lack of attention to detail stuff like that which especially stands out considering it's a worse version of the R Inanimate team (P2 potentially having an easier time than Silvally getting something down to -6 Special Attack is for the most part superfluous considering that once something's at -2, any attack that could break Mence's Sub would be resisted by Aegislash and easily switch-stalled) yet got over twice as long a streak on the first attempt without losing. That enormous difference in outcome is definitely not coming from a team-building advantage, and it most likely isn't coming from making better in-battle decisions than R Inanimate did. The only thing left is luck, and once the 'luck' that would be necessary gets past a certain point, it's more likely that it's not exactly blind luck.

Last edited:
Posting a completed streak of 1845 wins in Ultra Moon.

My team has remained completely unchanged from its original writeup and involved a pair of pokemon that have been a fairly significant source of grief in varying intensities during the entire run.

KH7W-WWWW-WWWN-LWEV - VS Scientist Stein

You guys know Jellicent3 mainly for two things: Water Spout and Trick Room. It's a bigger issue for me because it's the only setter Araquanid can't severely damage. Naturally, Oranguru can't, either; if they're on the field, it's going to take its turn, and because of Araquanid's speed advantage, it usually won't pass an opportunity to reset it. Never mind the fact that I don't want to be attacking Jellicent with Araquanid because of Water Absorb or Cursed Body.

Turtonator3 is something else entirely. Normalium-Z of all things, with a terrible moveset of Dragon Claw, Head Smash, Explosion, and Overheat. ...and yet I have to take this thing seriously. It sits at 56 speed, outgunning Oranguru under TR, so whatever hits it must be able to KO. It survives Liquidation and spread-penalized Rock Slide. And then you have this:

252+ Atk Turtonator Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Araquanid: 146-172 (83.4 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A cursed calc if I ever saw one! Because of the LO recoil, Araquanid pays for staying in with its life. Sure, the recoil will also finish Turtonator, but I generally never want that. My ways of handling it are usually to either replace Oranguru with Mawile for the Intimidate when it leads (setting TR first of course) or, if it's backline, hitting it with Psychic while protecting and then finishing it normally. Leading meant Mawile would be necessary to survive the hit, but with Jellicent on the field it'd get a bit more complicated.

The beginning of the battle proceeded as I thought it would; Water Spout, Head Smash into Protect, TR. Mawile comes in, TR is reset, Turtonator kills itself. Barring a crit, Mawile will survive Water Spout and Crunch has really good odds of a OHKO, so I go with that. With TR up, Drampa can mop up enemy TR teams without a great deal of trouble, so I'm not too concerned; I just need an opening to get Guru back inside. Rhyperior replaces Turtonator.

Araquanid is in KO range for Rock Slide; while Rhyperior doesn't always begin with Continental Crush despite having the option, it used it this time (so much for set3) and the move killed my spider through Protect. Because it outspeeds Rhyperior under TR, there was really nothing else for it to do except Protect, and there was nothing to really gain from switching it out. Crunch OHKOs Jellicent as hoped, but Water Spout did bring it to 55 or so HP. Slowking enters.

Here is where I had the potential to screw myself. Rhyperior will KO Mawile with Earthquake if it uses it, but I need Drampa to be healthy to keep the best odds of winning. Crunch will OHKO Slowking but I need it to be alive, of course. Unfortunately, at 54 speed, Rhyperior will get the jump on Mawile. Barring a move like Hammer Arm to Oranguru, which will not KO, Mawile is in trouble. I had a difficult time guessing what either of them would do; their optimal choices of attack both hit their allies, but will land a KO on Mawile if used. Oranguru can survive an Earthquake along with a Surf or Ice Beam, so rather than Protect, I go for the TR.

........and so did fucking Slowking. Rhyperior quakes, damaging Slowking for just over 50%, and KOs Mawile; just when I look for the Ice Beam or some other attack, Oranguru sets TR and Slowking immediately resets it. The following turn, Rhyperior would EQ again, putting Slowking at single-digit HP instead of KOing, and Slowking would Ice Beam Drampa to 1 HP. I could have won this if I'd protected Oranguru, because Energy Ball would KO Slowking and, by outspeeding Rhyperior, I could simply Instruct Energy Ball and easily OHKO.

Alas, I did not plan for that, and by sacking Oranguru I ensured my demise. I've had issues in the past of failing to fully analyze dire situations for possible saves, and this was just another added to the list. That being said, I wouldn't have predicted Drampa surviving both those attacks. Finally, Rhyperior would attempt Hammer Arm and connect, taking Drampa down. That was the first time I can ever recall losing to Stein.

While I'm a little bitter, I never believed I'd get this far, and until Eppie or Turskain or Eisen (or whomever) goes into overdrive and takes me down, I'm pretty happy with second place. This also gives me freedom to get back into the randoms and taste losses much more frequently, due to the sheer unreliability of those methods. But they never cease to be fun!

I have 32 replays, including the loss and the 1000-win battle, both of which I was obligated to save. I plan on recording three separate vids for the categories I lumped them into, but will probably delete a number of them beforehand. Still, the loss will be one of those recorded, for sure, since the ingame viewer is utter trash. I'll get to work on them this weekend.

I didn't add Turtonator3 or Jellicent3 to the threat list previously, but believe me, those cretins are on there now. I fought an aggravatingly high amount of Turtonators from 1000 onward, between TR teams and Dexio, and they were nearly all set3. Pains in my ass!

Smuckem will be hunted and brutally murdered if he even thinks about trying is strongly discouraged from using any of the following:*

*"Using" in this context exclusively pertains to training, nicknaming and/or battling with the aforementioned Pokemon while simultaneously making clear or slightly implied that the aforementioned Pokemon are being trained, nicknamed and/or battled with simply because ReptoAbysmal considers them extremely carcinogenic and hates the state of merely existing with them at an absurd, unfathomable level, regardless of any denial of the aforementioned intent, or amusement he may feel in regard to ReptoAbysmal's expression of hatred, no matter how thinly veiled. Note that ReptoAbysmal may continue to use any of the aforementioned Pokemon as he sees fit, and may suspend any feelings of hatred indefinitely with no prior warning. Suspension of hatred or admission that the aforementioned Pokemon are neither carcinogenic nor remotely difficult to defeat under most circumstances will not lift the permanent ban from Smuckem. Violation of this non-negotiable agreement will result in severe overreaction from ReptoAbysmal and immediately put into effect the legal orders of ramification 1a. "What the fuck Smucks" and 1b. "I hope you get solo'd by Hydro Pump Lanturn." The magnitude of said orders will be decided at a trial to be set for a later date.

Last edited:

Smuckem

Smuckem will be hunted and brutally murdered if he even thinks about trying is strongly discouraged from using any of the following:*

*"Using" in this context exclusively pertains to training, nicknaming and/or battling with the aforementioned Pokemon while simultaneously making clear or slightly implied that the aforementioned Pokemon are being trained, nicknamed and/or battled with simply because ReptoAbysmal considers them extremely carcinogenic and hates the state of merely existing with them at an absurd, unfathomable level, regardless of any denial of the aforementioned intent, or amusement he may feel in regard to ReptoAbysmal's expression of hatred, no matter how thinly veiled. Note that ReptoAbysmal may continue to use any of the aforementioned Pokemon as he sees fit, and may suspend any feelings of hatred indefinitely with no prior warning. Suspension of hatred or admission that the aforementioned Pokemon are neither carcinogenic nor remotely difficult to defeat under most circumstances will not lift the permanent ban from Smuckem. Violation of this non-negotiable agreement will result in severe overreaction from ReptoAbysmal and immediately put into effect the legal orders of ramification 1a. "What the fuck Smucks" and 1b. "I hope you get solo'd by Hydro Pump Lanturn." The magnitude of said orders will be decided at a trial to be set for a later date.
A little late for that...
NotConk4.JPG

(there's also a Timid Turtonator, ready to emulate Set 4 sitting in Isle Evelup right now--if anyone reading this is kind enough to provide a Head Smash Lonely Turtonator to continue the agony by creating Set 3, please do so and the gods shall bless your house always.)

You'll be safe from at least one of these, though:
I look at the success this thing has garnered Frontier & Subway Trainers in the distant past, plus whoever else has used it since, and while I concede that its strengths make it an excellent choice for crippler teams in Singles, I must ask...

Peterko Bozo DrDimentio garo musicmeister UPPERDECKER Jibaku How the fuck did you manage to use Registeel for such long stretches without turning to hard drugs? It fits its role extremely well, but as a consequence of that, It's also so mind-numbingly boring.

(SadisticMystic - hope you don't mind me copying your entry format)

Game: Ultra Sun
Mode: Super Doubles
Streak Length: 1,472

The Grassy Room, unchanged since the Air Balloon item switch on Stakataka, has finally come to a close. But since I have few fresh details to share about the team, and as an excuse to pad out this post with already-existing content and colourful sprites, I'll put the members on display once again:

Oranguru (F) ("Agent 9") @ Lum Berry
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Inner Focus
IVs: 0 Atk, 0 Spe
EVs: 212 HP / 164 Def / 132 SpD
- Trick Room
- Instruct
- Psychic
- Protect

Camerupt (M) ("Hot Humps") @ Cameruptite
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Magma Armor
IVs: 0 Atk, 0 Spe
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 SpD
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Nature Power {Energy Ball}

Tapu Bulu ("#viabulu") @ Grassium Z
Nature: Brave
Ability: Grassy Surge
IVs: 3 Spe (0-3 offers the same number at Lv. 50)
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
- Wood Hammer {Bloom Doom}
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Stakataka ("Jenga") @ Air Balloon
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Beast Boost
IVs: 11 Def, 1 Speed (17 & 0 are optimal)
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SpD
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Wide Guard
Erm, so with that out of the way...onto the losing battle!

#1,473 vs Preschooler Reina: [8P9W-WWWW-WWWN-LZJR]

Yep, I was mercilessly brought down by a preschooler. Goddammit. Mistakes were made here from the get-go. I'd obviously be looking to set Trick Room, but choosing to keep Camerupt in was a costly and unrecoverable error; the initial and badly thought-out plan was to swap in Bulu turn 2 to let Nature Power do its thing. This is usually a common and safe practice when faced with a singular Water-type, but not when said Pokemon has Aqua Jet. I guess clouded judgement was also there from previous circumstances, not having seen Feraligatr3 ever Aqua Jet M-Camerupt from full HP. Alas, a false sense of security got the better of me, and I paid the ultimate price with an AJ CH to the face.

It's laughable to look back on the opening turns now and instantly realize how much simpler it would've been to immediately switch Bulu in; removing the AJ possibility, a way to instantly take care of Feraligatr in the event of either Screen being deployed, and keeping Camerupt safe for later. With Grassy Terrain's aid, aside from Mega Charizard Y, camel essentially has the tools to 'KO-->1TWI' (Knockout over the course of one turn with Instruct) all of Reina's roster. And even if Meganium used Petal Blizzard right away (which it did later on next to Greninja), Oranguru could still take the move comfortably:

252+ Atk Meganium Petal Blizzard vs. 212 HP / 164+ Def Oranguru in Grassy Terrain: 64-76 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- 13.9% chance to 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

It's not healthy to excessively dwell on what could've happened though, so I'll just chat about what went down for the rest of the battle. Switched in Bulu after Oranguru set TR while Camerupt fell to AJ, Meganium3 setting up both Screens in the meantime. Kinda shot myself more in the foot by sending Staka out instead of Oranguru again. This I'd like to call a panic switch of "man, damage is what I need right now and Jenga's the mon for the job" with little thought behind the decision; it was only after I made the switch and looked at Gyro Ball calcs on Meganium3 taking Reflect into account, so I decided to fish for a Rock Slide flinch, and to contribute to GB's 2HKO case. Stupid, I know, since Meganium wouldn't be doing much of anything that turn regardless.

Oranguru was 100% better to bring out here; I failed to prepare for a worst-case scenario of seeing the one thing that Bulu and Staka both can't beat come out, potential Bulletproof Chesnaught. Something that uninvested Psychic could easily 2HKO, turned into me helplessly Bloom Dooming for as much damage as I could, buying a turn of Protect with Staka. But TR turns were wasting away, and I realized my mistake too late; I was pressured to the point of preserving Staka in the case of a backline M-Charizard, and for the need to set TR again, but Oranguru took too much damage combined from Focus Blast and Petal Blizzard on the switch. Annoyingly, even with Life Orb recoil, Chesnaught was also too defensively resilient to Wood Hammer and the friendly fire PBs. TR wore off, and my side was in threat of a double down; I'd contemplated double Protecting there, but Chesnaught was out of PB range anyway from Terrain recovery (lul).

So it came down to full HP Staka vs. full HP Meganium3 and Greninja34 with Screens still active. This was helpful in a sense given that Meganium was forced to Petal Blizzard first to pop the Air Balloon, with Greninja being frail enough to be 2HKO'd through Reflect; turned out to be set 3 using Grass Knot as well, so no means of OHKO'ing...still a tiny amount of hope if I get the double Protect! To little surprise this attempt failed, and GK was the final nail in the coffin. Had I actually got the second Protect...well, even then things weren't looking the best; 2 Gyro Balls (one in Reflect, one out) could KO but Staka was extremely likely to be KO'd by single-target PB + EQ in Return. Farewell, my fallen comrades!

----------

Just a handful of Battle Videos made the final cut, either close losses or somewhat entertaining enough to be saved.

#907 vs Pokemon Breeder Colby [E2RG-WWWW-WWWN-LZLB]

The advantage of Bulu not being all that slow is that it outspeeds Snorlax34 (among other things) outside TR, providing a quick method of removal with Bloom Doom. Now registering that the AI's side is slower, Cofagrigus3 sets TR as Slowbro34 comes out; no worries though as I Protect Bulu in my plan to reverse TR the following turn, with Oranguru in no threat of being KO'd. Instruct Wood Hammer scores a double down (yes, too powerful even for M-Slowbro!), then a rare Instruct Superpower to finish the Ferrothorn.

#1,056 vs Scientist Stein [VK7G-WWWW-WWWN-LZMB]

Similar occurrence here, Bulu in a position to switch in immediately to start bashing spiders and things. This was dragged out a little by Dusknoir's Pain Split, but constant Terrain recovery was helping my case more than the AI's.

#1,060 vs Pokemon Trainer Grimsley [9Z9W-WWWW-WWWN-LZN8]

Obligatory first-turn Protect in front of dual Darks while attacking right away with Camerupt; I aimed for Houndoom because I could KO it instantly, and in the event of Oranguru going down without setting TR, scary demon dog paired with other things is scary. I honestly can't fully recall why I kept Oranguru in on the Black Hole Eclipse, but it was probably because I was confident enough in Camerupt and co. to handle Grimsley without TR, and didn't want to chance Staka/Bulu taking too much damage on a switch after seeing Sunny Day. After taking care of Sash Liepard, Scrafty4 was left to Bulk Up twice and accrue +2/+2, despite being 3v1, was making a relatively scary turn considering Staka could serve little but sac fodder, and I spent an extra turn switching out Bulu to dispel the Intimidate. Single-target Heat Wave in the sun dealt a hefty amount, and despite the HP gained by KO'ing Staka, +2 Scrafty was still in guranteed range of Bloom Doom by the end of the turn (didn't feel like I was in a position her to predict, regardless of the most likely Drain Punch target). However, things are rarely that simple; the AI punished my eagerness to close out the battle with a well-timed Protect of its own. Grassy Terrain wears off, but not all bad news; Scrafty still looks in range of Superpower as I can Protect Camerupt to prevent further recovery...phew! If only, another spanner in the works as Scrafty succeeds with the double Protect (!). The next Drain Punch also scores a CH on top, but M-Camerupt is a champ and holds on for the good of the streak, with Earth Power + Wood Hammer doing enough to render the AI incapable of winning.

#1,089 vs Ace Trainer Hashim [DL8G-WWWW-WWWN-LZZJ]

A case for both my slots being threatened with OHKOs, and for Bulu to once again come to the rescue. Bloom Doom to delete Golisopod, but what left me dumbfounded here was Vikavolt3 using Z-Mud Shot...on Bulu. Not even Bug Buzz on Oranguru?? Gotta love the AI sometimes!

#1,177 vs Aether Foundation Heidi [DT7G-WWWW-WWWN-LZRH]

Decided to scout for what move Aerodactyl would lock into, and then go from there. Turned out to be Crunch, so Bulu could come in relatively safely (outside Thunderbolt paralysis) and help curb any damage inflicted upon Camerupt. After downing Sturdy Magnezone, camel + Staka didn't even need TR's help to dismantle Aero, Crobat4 and Tauros4.

#1,261 vs Scientist Tivon [MAZG-WWWW-WWWN-LZTQ]

(lol @ Gothitelle Psych Upping nonexistent stat changes first turn)
Initial plan was to simply set TR while Protecting Camerupt from obvious Water move, then switch in Bulu to grant Energy Ball OHKO on Jellicent. I soon discovered, due to my Switch button not working, that Gothitelle had Shadow Tag. With Earth Power + Psychic KO looking unlikely, I chose to chance the possible Curse Body proc on Instruct EP; this happened while Gothitelle Flattered Camerupt, but a risk I was willing to take since Jellicent would be heavily tempted to reverse TR, and the damage from a single EP would escape Water Spout KO range as well. TR reversed by Jellicent (lol @ Gothitelle Psych Upping the wrong target), confusion hit from failed Protect just to be safe as Jellicent Recovered, while trusty Oranguru sets TR again. Protect Camerupt while Psychic'ing to get Jellicent lower (generally a good thing), try for the Instruct Heat Wave double KO next turn; Jellicent goes down but Gothitelle avoids the second hit, another Flatter into Oranguru, Earth Power no longer disabled. Tangrowth out, camel hits himself in confusion the first time but Instruct works its magic and scores a double down, and so too does Eelektross shortly after!

#1,299 vs Ace Trainer Granville [5KEW-WWWW-WWWN-LPWQ]

This team doesn't exactly have a magical strategy for OHKO moves, so you can imagine my annoyance when Fissure instantly deletes my setter. Despite the threat of Dugtrio in Sand going for more Fissures, my out was removing Greninja4 from play immediately; Hydro Pump/Blizzard are much more likely to hit. Camerupt staying alive would be greatly helpful so I went for the double and got it (!) while Horn Leeching Greninja. I was basically praying for minimal Fissure hits at this point, I make a wrong guess on the Ice Punch Bulu/Fake Out Camerupt 50:50, but camel luckily lives to see another turn. Bulu takes an Ice Punch next turn (I really should have Bloom Doomed here, was too concerned about staying healthy), Camerupt avoids another Fissure, but Dugtrio avoids Horn Leech + Heat Wave, Weavile down. Ribombee out, Fissure takes care of Camerupt next turn, I don't bother Protecting Bulu given the Quiver Dance predisposition, am finally able to Bloom Doom Dugtrio, and the Staka I preserved is well-equipped to handle Ribombee. I think I'd still be in a good position with Staka had Bulu fallen; Ribombee could pop the Balloon, but Dugtrio would be on its last Fissure, and would obviously need to land it to win.

#1,449 vs Punk Girl Edda [Y5MW-WWWW-WWWN-LPXT]

Gotta watch out for Nidoking34, Savage Spinout for Oranguru or Earth Power/EQ for Camerupt. Cue a Protect + Bulu switch to cover these bases. Next turn was basically me forcing the AI to make a trade, leaving Bulu open to attack. The one I had my eyes on was Poison Jab into Bulu for safe TR going up, which fortunately worked. With neither slot phased much by M-Sableye, Camerupt was free to come back in and wreak havoc.

Last edited:
vs Scientist Stein
Tooo sooooon...!

Excellent streak, and I hope this isn’t your last romp with TR before gen8. Then again, perhaps we both need a lengthy break.

Smuckem using that specific Conkeldurr is a special exception. Ditto for one that coincidentally runs AV and Iron Fist Hammer/Edge/Knock/Mach :P

Last edited:
Tooo sooooon...!

Excellent streak, and I hope this isn’t your last romp with TR before gen8. Then again, perhaps we both need a lengthy break.

Smuckem using that specific Conkeldurr is a special exception. Ditto for one that coincidentally runs AV and Iron Fist Hammer/Edge/Knock/Mach :P
Hmmm...possibly, if I can think of something. Still plugging away at PheroLele on UM and haven't forgotten about Multis Rain (with myself) either. At least since our losses were so close together, Stein hasn't had the chance to cut a deep wound or anything, haha. I'm ashamed of my loss a lot more than you should be of yours, in my opinion!

As far as the trusty lookup spreadsheet, here's my attempt: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-xYTGS9SW8np4Qxg9KjB99QkSxfPDhmjTzHk8GOT04/edit?usp=sharing

Additional features in this copy:
  • If you enter a trainer name, the Pokemon lookup now gives special warning about trainers who have the capability of using Zoroark, to let you know that it might be a good idea to look up those sets too
  • There's a rudimentary damage calculator at the bottom of the lookup sheet, so you can do everything all from one place. It doesn't yet have any support for items, abilities, or weather, and you have to enter the move type/power directly instead of using a move name, but you can often just change the power or modifiers instead (for example, a reasonably close facsimile to a Life Orb 90-power move would be to simply say the move is 117 power). OHKO rolls in particular get highlighted on the roll chart.
  • A new sheet for searching trainers has been added, allowing you to answer such curiosities as "Is there any master of disguise who has both Zoroark and Mimikyu on their roster? What about just among those trainers who are eligible to show up at battle 51?" along with more pertinent questions like "I wasn't paying attention at the start of the battle, what's the name of that Ace Trainer (M) who threw out a Jolteon/Serperior lead pair, and what other sets on his roster might be problematic?"

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As far as the trusty lookup spreadsheet, here's my attempt: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-xYTGS9SW8np4Qxg9KjB99QkSxfPDhmjTzHk8GOT04/edit?usp=sharing

Additional features in this copy:
  • If you enter a trainer name, the Pokemon lookup now gives special warning about trainers who have the capability of using Zoroark, to let you know that it might be a good idea to look up those sets too
  • There's a rudimentary damage calculator at the bottom of the lookup sheet, so you can do everything all from one place. It doesn't yet have any support for items, abilities, or weather, and you have to enter the move type/power directly instead of using a move name, but you can often just change the power or modifiers instead (for example, a reasonably close facsimile to a Life Orb 90-power move would be to simply say the move is 117 power). OHKO rolls in particular get highlighted on the roll chart.
  • A new sheet for searching trainers has been added, allowing you to answer such curiosities as "Is there any master of disguise who has both Zoroark and Mimikyu on their roster? What about just among those trainers who are eligible to show up at battle 51?" along with more pertinent questions like "I wasn't paying attention at the start of the battle, what's the name of that Ace Trainer (M) who threw out a Jolteon/Serperior lead pair, and what other sets on his roster might be problematic?"
This is really cool, and I'd like to include it in the OP. However, it may be using an outdated or incomplete trainer list. After several battles of very successful use of this spreadsheet with my Ultra Sun team of Gliscor / Chansey / Mega Slowbro, I faced Ace Trainer Horace and his Kommo-O. The spreadsheet thinks Horace can't have one. Any thoughts?

This is really cool, and I'd like to include it in the OP. However, it may be using an outdated or incomplete trainer list. After several battles of very successful use of this spreadsheet with my Ultra Sun team of Gliscor / Chansey / Mega Slowbro, I faced Ace Trainer Horace and his Kommo-O. The spreadsheet thinks Horace can't have one. Any thoughts?
This was actually a case of the sheet getting confused about Kommo-o in general, and expecting that last O to be capitalized (the way Porygon-Z is). Now fixed.

I've come with two things: first, the QR code page for Spidey & Friends, the team I used: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/rentalteam/usum/BT-4FE9-B373

I spent a long time over the course of the streak contemplating pokes for the fifth and sixth slots. I was going to use Hariyama and Torkoal again, and then perhaps some things most players might not have access to, and then even my own TR versions of the HA Alolan starters. And then I considered that if I gave people the option to deviate from my team, they would (if they were even going to use it to begin with lol) so I decided I'd cockblock that and just present my OG foursome.

I had planned a fairly detailed crash course on using the team, mostly what I'd found to work reliably against a lot of nastier lead pairs I'd fought, but then I figured I was getting way ahead of myself, since there's no guarantee someone would use it. And in that case, I visit the discord pretty regularly now, and can just answer questions there... so what's the point? :P

Special delivery for Smuckem! And, while I'm at it, the other fellows who've liked my TR exploits on the discord. I've finished compiling all the non-random replays from my last streak, splitting them into one of the only three categories I used for saving replays in the first place.

A wise fellow who parades around as a Quagsire with an adorable Goomy clinging atop it once said something akin to "smooth battles aren't very entertaining to watch." And I mostly agree. The last two vids in the set compile two kinds of the really shitty situations I found myself in- playing with no TR entirely because Oranguru was promptly murdered, and battles where TR was activated just fine, but other factors (including poor choices at times) took the battle steadily downhill regardless. The first vid showcases some of the more retarded behavior I'd witnessed or helped create. Only six battles, but all of them amused me to some degree (though at the time I was probably pretty pissed) and some of them were also far from smooth sailing. For those who can't stand watching replays ingame, the last vid contains my ill-fated encounter with Scientist Stein. At the very end of course.

What interests me most about rewatching them all in a short amount of time is getting to witness the evolution of my playstyle when using the team. Or rather, the kinds of mistakes I would make. In the early hundreds, there were a lot more decisions I'd believed were sound and gotten a rude awakening. In the middle, nearing the 1000 mark and shortly afterward, thinking unclearly under pressure. And past 1400, when I'd taken highly to playing at work without my resources easily accessible, utter complacency. Those were the worst, because I watch them and my conscience is screaming that I really knew better, or should have.

I hope Smuckem and Coeur7 enjoy these in particular, since we talk about TR all the freaking time! I apologize for the... questionable picture quality at times >_>

Nice to get such an insight in how this team performances. One thing that comes to my mind is, does Instruct on a sleeping Pokemon give another chance to wake it up?

Smuckem

Nice to get such an insight in how this team performances. One thing that comes to my mind is, does Instruct on a sleeping Pokemon give another chance to wake it up?
Instruct gives one another chance to snap out of confusion, so sleep might work in the same fashion (haven't tested it yet, I never Instruct sleeping 'mons).

I haven't tried using it on sleeping pokes (though in at least one of those battles it would have been preferable) but because I've personally seen what it does for confusion, I think it's safe to assume it also works for sleep.

Do people still try to climb on Battle Tree? I know I am late to the party but I am on a 450 winning streak on Super Double Battle Tree and still going and I'd like to share. Here is the code of the 450th game: YH6G-WWWW-WWWZ-W4TY.
Couldn't post the picture because it says too large. If people are interested, I will do a whole report of it.

NoCheese

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do people still try to climb on Battle Tree? I know I am late to the party but I am on a 450 winning streak on Super Double Battle Tree and still going and I'd like to share. Here is the code of the 450th game: YH6G-WWWW-WWWZ-W4TY.
Couldn't post the picture because it says too large. If people are interested, I will do a whole report of it.
Oh yes, climbing is still happening. (*rubs fingers together*) Definitely feel free (and encouraged!) to post about your streak. Note that it won't be leaderboard eligible until you lose or reach 1000 wins, but that in no way should discourage discussion of the team while the streak continues. Best of luck!

well after being away from the record forums for awhile I guess I should post something here so here goes nothing.

FUCK STARMIE AND FREEZE

after multiple attempts of trying out different teams for the super double tree I finally made something that stuck with me.

salamence-mega.gif

My Main Terror Machine

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD )
Intimidate
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Protect

My main answer to any grass types that threatens my teammates hits hard and fast plus the intimidate really helps soften blows from other opponents.

azumarill.gif

Bulky Boy Blue

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Love this thing to death deals with so many annoying ground and dragon types and knocking off bs items like quick claw and bright powder holders is just so great.

tyranitar.gif

The Darude Starter

Tyranitar: @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- low kick

The Sand starter flinch getting big sandy SOB herself TYRANITAR BANKS all in its full glory has just two jobs just to get the sand going and flinch the opponents to submission.

excadrill.gif

The Eye Of The Sandstorm

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Protect

The main sweeper of my team that carries everyone on his back takes cares of fairies fire rock ice and electric types and has a nice insurance policy with focus sash.

Honestly, it's just a generic Japan Sand team that just needs go in and hit hard and ko everything in site.

main threats are rain teams and fighting types with priorities and ice moves, But the biggest threat against this team
is Mega Venusaur if the mence is dead.

How I bloody lost MLWG-WWWW-WWWZ-W7XV

Final score 112 wins Heres a QR I made if anyone is interested https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/rentalteam/usum/BT-D6A5-44EC

Last edited:

NoCheese

well after being away from the record forums for awhile I guess I should post something here so here goes nothing.

FUCK STARMIE AND FREEZE

How I bloody lost WWWW-WWWZ-W7XV
Congrats on cracking 100 but sorry on the loss. I'm asusming you had a run in with Starmie4, which can be a huge pain. Speed, coverage, King's Rock, haxy side effects, and just enough bulk to avoid a lot of OHKOs make it a huge threat to offensive teams that can't wall it. But more importantly, I think your video code is missing 4 characters. When you get the chance, please update it so your video is loadable and I can get you added to the leaderboard.

Congrats on cracking 100 but sorry on the loss. I'm asusming you had a run in with Starmie4, which can be a huge pain. Speed, coverage, King's Rock, haxy side effects, and just enough bulk to avoid a lot of OHKOs make it a huge threat to offensive teams that can't wall it. But more importantly, I think your video code is missing 4 characters. When you get the chance, please update it so your video is loadable and I can get you added to the leaderboard.
Fixed

One of the juiciest parts of any writeup are the enemy sets that give you the most trouble and what you do about them. There’re usually some surprising threats in there. We love reading about those, so don’t be stingy with the details!
at least araquanid kills starmie who cant reset trick room and power gem is a lot weaker than head smash

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Submitting a streak of 548 in Ultra Sun Super Doubles (impossible to QR unfortunately, because Snorlax's Return doesn't get full power on QR teams, and Return is not optional for the set).

While basically all of my other runs in the Battle Tree were from teams I semi-randomly threw together from the VGC Pokémon I already had in my boxes and adjusted along the way, this was my first deliberate attempt at properly creating and planning a team for the Tree. I spent a long time testing it, and it has gone through quite a few changes, but it was built around a basic concept: Belly Drum Snorlax.

I found a lot of motivation in the fact that my team resembled none of the current ones on the leaderboard, both in strategy and execution. But it also made me feel very insecure about the team; I thought featuring both Explosion and Belly Drum was probably way too gimmicky to work in the long run, especially when it features several Pokémon regarded as unviable (to be fair, it started a lot less whacky than its final result). But with every loss, I sat down to think of solutions, and every time, I came up with answers that ended up working as planned in practice (that was the most satisfying part of this whole process!). After a while, I could think of very few scenarios where the team lost (as long as I didn't misplay, of course), and when I passed 300, I started having genuine faith in the fact this is actually a really solid Tree team. My opinion hasn't changed since!

The team:

@ Lum Berry

Relaxed | Frisk
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpDef
Trick Room / Shadow Punch / Psych Up / Ally Switch

My Trick Room setter of choice! Not an easy choice, as I went through quite a selection process before I realized Dusknoir was the best option for my team (Mimikyu was originally in that spot, see the Teambuilding section for more info about that).

Since my method of setting up Trick Room involves Exploding with Silvally turn 1, I needed my setter to either be a Ghost-type or have Telepathy, which limits my options from the get-go. In addition, since this cuts my team to 3 members instantly most of the time, it's very important to not have a passive presence on the field, because it would put all the pressure on Snorlax to accomplish the sweep, which is a little too much to ask for hundreds of battles. Being able to Psych Up the Belly Drum and make use of it is therefore very important as well, and Dusknoir was pretty much the only option that offered both good bulk and a high enough Attack stat.

Now now... I know some people joke about Dusknoir being a lot less bulky than Eviolite Dusclops, but that doesn't mean it's frail by any means! It has a whopping base 135 in both Def and SpDef, and while it has low HP, this also means a 252 EV investment into HP makes a big difference. In practice, I found it to be about as bulky as your average Trick Room setter (Oranguru or Aromatisse, for example), which is definitely less than behemoths like Dusclops or Cresselia, but much enough to do its job.

With the EV spread (which I changed after battle 500), it can tank about any one hit from the Pokémon that don't get 1-hit KOed by Silvally's Explosion before moving. It 100% lives a Mega Gengar Shadow Ball, and has a 94% chance to live A-Marowak's Shadow Bone (which is what I re-EVed for, as my old spread was Sassy nature; though clearly it was pretty good too, as it got me to 500). Unfortunately, there is no safe way to live both of these benchmarks, but through extensive testing with a replay, I found that A-Marowak almost never uses Shadow Bone in front of my lead (it usually goes for Flare Blitz instead), so the odds of this being an issue are extremely low, and Mimikyu can set up Trick Room in its place if that ever came into play (the option to Parting Shot A-Marowak on turn 1 is also there).
The EV spread also guarantees that a collection of other super-effective hits are 3-hit KOs, like Raikou's/Jolteon's Shadow Ball, Zoroark's Night Slash, Ursaring's Crunch, etc.

Given Dusknoir's role, its moveset is very straightforward and inflexible. Trick Room because its main function is to set it up, Psych Up is to copy Snorlax's +6 Atk, Shadow Punch is to actually make use of the +6, and Ally Switch because that move is the most useful thing ever in the Tree if you have the right 2 typings next to one another!
The last 2 moves do deserve a little bit of development:
- With there being only room for one attack on Dusknoir, the decision to make it Shadow Punch wasn't too difficult given how desolate Dusknoir's attacking movepool is. Dusknoir has base 100 Attack, which means that at +6, it's guaranteed to do some good damage, but since investing in Attack was completely out of question (its primary role is to live hits and set up Trick Room!), I accepted from the start that it was never going to be a strong sweeper, I just didn't want it to ever be passive. Its entire physical movepool is comprised of low base power attacks, so having a non-STAB move as its only attack would only be good when super effective. Shadow Punch may be weak, but it at least gets STAB, and one very important perk (for the Tree): it can't miss! Given it's also super effective on Cresselia and Lati@s, it was actually a really useful move to have. Along with Mimikyu's Z-move, this gave me 2 excellent ways of dealing with evasion. Since I didn't expect much damage from Shadow Punch, I was also happy to find that at +6, it's a 2HKO on about every bulky threat (usually a OHKO on bulky Psychics, obviously), and a OHKO on many frailer Pokémon (like Raikou or Virizion-3 for example). I also regularly used it for chip damage when I didn't find an occasion to boost, or for a 2HKO on super effective targets like Azelf, Gengar, etc. In the end, it's all about expectations: set them low, and you'll be happy with how much work Shadow Punch will actually do!
- Even though its function is pretty obvious, I want to stress that this team wouldn't really work without Ally Switch. It turns the sight of Fighting-types from a stressful moment to being setup fodder for Snorlax. Snorlax has such incredible bulk that Fighting-type moves are the only ones it's truly afraid of tanking, and as long as you see them coming and Ally Switch into them, they end up being a wasted turn for the AI. This obviously goes the other way around too, as Snorlax becomes the target of Ghost-type moves targeted at Dusknoir (though it also means Snorlax might receive a lot of Dark-type attacks, which many Fighting-type Pokémon carry and end up using rather than targeting Snorlax; Snorlax tanks neutral hits all day though, so this is pretty much always fine). In the right circumstances, Ally Switch can also be used on turn 1 to either guarantee the Explosion or burn a Fake Out.

Frisk is a God-tier ability in the Tree, which I am dearly missing now that I'm trying different teams. It allowed me to make a clear plan of action for turn 1, which would often have been a gamble if I didn't know exactly what set the AI had. With experience, I saw what the more common sets usually did against my lead, so I could pretty reliably pick my plan (usually TR + Explosion, but it's really important to identify when to deviate from that). It also forced me to pay more attention to ability activation at the start of the battle, something I was previously really bad at!

The Lum Berry came into play fairly often; we all know how much the AI likes its paralysis, confusion, freezes, etc., and these can prevent Trick Room, so the buffer of a Lum is clutch to avoid relying on odds (I would even say it's important enough to not consider other item options if a long streak with this team is wanted).

@ Choice Band

Jolly | RKS System
IVs: HT/HT/31/HT/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Explosion / Double-Edge / Fire Fang / Parting Shot

Silvally's role on the team is pretty simple: Explode.

I was surprised to find out that Silvally was the strongest Explosion user allowed in the Tree (if you don't count Refrigerate M-Glalie or Galvanize A-Golem, both of which wouldn't work for this setup). In the best case scenario, which I would say happens in about 1/3 battles, both of the opposing leads are straight up KOd, Dusknoir gets up Trick Room without taking any damage, and from there, you need to heavily misplay to lose.

Banded Explosion is incredibly strong, it took me a long time to get used to the damage output, which I underestimated constantly at first; only the very bulky sets (= not offensively threatening) or the Pokémon that resist it/are immune to it don't mind being on the receiving end. In the case of resists, it still does so much damage that it's usually worth Exploding anyway, for example Mega Metagross takes 50%, Mega Tyranitar about the same, etc. Most importantly, it puts stuff like Mega Steelix, Mega Aggron and Rhyperior3 in range of +6 High Horsepower, which they can otherwise survive. Because of this, in a majority of scenarios, even if it seems like a strange move, Exploding turn 1 remains the best play; the only time other options are preferable is when both of the opposing leads resist Normal or are immune to it. In a majority of these cases, Parting Shot is the preferred move in order to help guarantee Trick Room by weakening an opponent.

Double-Edge was added to the set after a couple of runs because of one very specific problem I encountered: Damp. I never gave Damp much attention as an ability, I only knew Swampert had that, but to my demise, I learned the hard way that Politoed, Kingdra and Jellicent can also have Damp. Trying to Explode into a Damp Pokémon is extremely awkward, because not only does it fail, but then you're locked into it, and you're forced to waste a turn of Trick Room switching around, while not a single KO is being scored on the opposing team, and then you still need to set up! Thus, assessing the situation when facing potential Damp Pokémon is important, and trying to Explode into them is never worth it.
STAB- and Choice Band-boosted, Double-Edge is really strong, and is used to poke holes in the opposing lead, usually while Ally Switching around until Silvally is low enough that I expect it to go down on the next turn, which is when I'd try to go for Trick Room. It might sound a bit difficult to maneuver, but in practice it's really not that bad. The thing it that, for once, you actually want the recoil, since the goal is to score as much damage as possible while quickly giving a free switch to Snorlax, while Dusknoir is still healthy enough. On Politoed34, Double-Edge has a 75% chance to OHKO, though failing to OHKO is really not a big problem since it's not an immediate threat.
Other than that, Double-Edge tends to be useful when going for Parting Shot on turn 1, since Silvally is likely to come back after Trick Room expired and clean up without Exploding.

Fire Fang was actually Flamethrower until battle 360 (on a Naive Silvally, which I swapped to Jolly because -SpDef was very detrimental against the Genies' Focus Blast), but boosted by Choice Band, Fire Fang is stronger, even on physically defensive Pokémon such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor and Skarmory. All of these are big threats to the rest of the team, especially Ferrothorn4, which will be a pain to deal with if it ever gets more than one Curse up while remaining untouched. There are very few circumstances in which Fire Fang is preferred to Explosion, but a Ferrothorn or Skarmory(4) lead requires *immediate* action. Against Escavalier, however, Exploding is perfectly fine, since it's not as much of a problem to the backline.

Silvally has access to a reasonably wide movepool, but I went into my first runs with only Explosion and Parting Shot as staples, and decided I would assess the potential issues with my plan before picking the other 2 moves. Since both D-E and Fire Fang have solved the issues they were added for, I would say that on this team, this is the best moveset for Silvally.

Some may question the Choice Band over a Choice Scarf, since getting off the Explosion would be more reliable with additional speed. Funny story, I actually had intended to use a Scarf, but for the first ~30 battles of my first run, I had forgotten to attach it, so I actually ran it itemless. I eventually figured out that I was getting outsped when I shouldn't, but this mishap got me thinking that maybe a Scarf wasn't really necessary since I never felt the need for it during that time. Sure, it sometimes gets outsped, but rarely by *both* foes, and if only one of them attacks it, it can almost never OHKO, which means the AI wasted their attack into an Exploding Pokémon. The additional damage of a Choice Band is big and provides many more OHKOs, so I decided to give that a try and see if it would hinder me in the post-40 battles. Though it sometimes did, I always ended up finding ways to play around it rather than giving up my 1.5x damage, and my little handbook (well, it's just notes really) has grown pretty comprehensive of the possible scenarios and how to handle them turn 1. In the end, I'm getting a lot out of the Band, and giving up nothing that can't be played around.

@ Figy Berry

Relaxed | Gluttony
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 SpDef
Belly Drum / Return / High Horsepower / Recycle

The star of the show! In the vast majority of battles, Snorlax comes in at full HP into a freshly set up Trick Room, with an Ally Switching Ghost-type buddy by his side, ready to eat his favourite Figy Berry and destroy whatever stands in his way.

I decided to invest entirely in bulk since so much revolves around Snorlax getting off the Belly Drum and surviving long enough for his partners to Psych it Up when necessary. At one point, it tanked a crit Cross Chop (100 BP super effective move) from a Sniper (=2.25x damage) 252+ Barbaracle (which has 105 base attack). It took me a while to wrap my head around that survival! Other impressive feats include usually taking less than 50% from a M-Metagross Brick Break or from the Genies' Focus Blasts. Not that you'd usually want to takes these hits unnecessarily, but if you need to, you can, and that makes the whole difference when Belly Drumming is your way to victory.

At +6, Return will OHKO about anything that doesn't resist it and a few Pokémon that do resist (like Lucario). A few super tanky Pokémon can take it, and while at first I was thinking maybe a little bit of Attack to pick up more OHKOs would be nice, I realized that none of the Pokémon that survived gave me trouble, and that my own survivability was way more important for my team than a few OHKOs - when things turn sour, the bulk is what saves me, every time. Unlike Dusknoir's Shadow Punch, Snorlax's Return can also be used while unboosted if necessary for actual good damage; this kind of scenario happens if I need to preserve the berry to tank some unavoidable hits.

Recycle can keep Snorlax around for a reeeeeaaaally long time if necessary. While in a majority of battles, it won't see use as Snorlax will be busy OHKOing enemies after the Belly Drum, any free/dead turn becomes productive thanks to Recycle. While it could be compared to Recover, the fact the recovery can be saved for later if Snorlax is high in HP makes a huge difference when things get stally. I felt like Recycle was more important than Protect given Snorlax's amazing bulk; Protect can work for short-term plans if you need a free turn for the partner, but it leaves Snorlax with a very limited amount of HP, which is likely to be worn down, while Recycle grants near-infinite HP (only limited by the 16 PP, clearly).

With the 3 other moves being a lock, only one moveslot is left for coverage, and I chose High Horsepower. Ground has great offensive synergy with Normal, allowing me to hit everything for neutral damage except Ghost-Grass (Dhelmise and Trevenant, both of which are 2HKOd by High Horsepower... or Dusknoir can take care of them, too) and Ghost-Flying, which it can't touch (Drifblim is exceptionally rare in the Tree, and so is Oricorio-Sensu - Dusknoir and Mimikyu can both deal with these anyway). High Horsepower has the big advantage of hitting Steel for super effective damage, a type that gives trouble to the team in general. While Fire Punch could do that as well (and hit a few of them for 4x damage), it's a much weaker attack in general (75 BP vs 95), and with Fire Fang on Silvally, the need for a Fire move is lessened.
In practice, I found that High Horsepower was really the perfect fit for the one coverage slot, though it comes with one drawback, which unfortunately can be fatal: 95% accuracy. In most circumstances, it won't miss, and in most circumstances, when it misses, it really won't matter, it'll just be a minor annoyance. But every once in a while, maybe in 1 battle out of 200, you'll *need* to hit one. The odds are definitely in your favor to hit these crucial ones, but it could be fatal to a good run. Still, I wouldn't consider changing the coverage move, as what it brings to the table counterbalances the risk taken.

@ Mimikium Z

Brave | Disguise
IVs: 31/31/31/20/31/0
EVs: 172 HP / 164 Atk / 172 Def
Trick Room / Shadow Claw / Play Rough / Psych Up

Last but not least, Mimikyu, the one who saves the day!

This slot of the team has gone through a lot of changes (which you can see in the Teambuilding process), and even now, it still looks a bit strange to me to have Mimikyu as the 4th, another Ghost, while the team seems to be screaming for different type coverage. But in a way, this is a perfect representation of this team's "put all your eggs in one basket and make that basket strong enough to hold all the eggs, rather than prepare other safety baskets on the side"-approach. Mimikyu offers a lot to the team that it needs:
- Another Pokémon to take advantage of the boosts by using Psych Up on either Snorlax or Dusknoir.
- Another Trick Room setter, in case turn 1 goes poorly or it expires and Dusknoir is unable to reset it.
- A strong Z-move super-effective against Fighting-types, the only type Snorlax really has trouble handling defensively on his own.
- Another Ghost-type that Silvally can safely Explode next to.
- Disguise, an amazing assistance in ensuring Mimikyu gets at least 1 turn to do what it wants.
- A faster Pokémon that can sometimes outspeed enemies outside of Trick Room (this is surprisingly useful to have in the back, while it was a huge hindrance when I had Mimikyu in the front as the main setter).
All these things are not just nice features about Mimikyu, I believe they have been crucial in the long-term success of the team.

At first, I had Shadow Sneak over Shadow Claw, thinking that it would be more useful to have priority in a pinch, and that at +6 it would be strong enough anyway, but I found myself constantly wishing I had Claw instead, so I switched and never regretted. It's the only 100% accurate STAB move that doesn't require burning the Z-move, so the extra power is really valuable.

Play Rough is a move I avoid using as much as possible, because 90% scares me (kind of ironic, since the 95% of High Horsepower doesn't make me nearly as nervous). It's probably because Mimikyu is always out in more critical situations where I'm at risk of losing the battle, and connecting attacks is all the more important then. Thankfully, given the way the team functions, there's rarely more than 2 Pokémon left when Mimikyu is sent out, and the Z-move has a good chance of dealing with one on its own, so I seldom used regular Play Roughs at all. The extra power the signature Z-move offers compared to a Fairium Z is really appreciated since Mimikyu is on the weak side of things (with no Psych Up, anyway) - it scores key OHKOs on Mega Glalie, Mega Blaziken and Rampardos4.

--------------------------------------------------
Like many of the teams I run in the Tree, this was inspired by the success in VGC of MimiLax as a pair, and wanting to translate it to the Tree. Having played quite a bit with the combo myself, I however never went all the way with a Psych Up Mimikyu, since it's a bit of a gimmicky thing that either works amazingly or falls short very quickly, but I find the Tree a very welcoming place for gimmicks, because the AI is more predictable, and completely unaware of what you're trying to pull off.

As a Trick Room setter, Mimikyu can't be Faked Out and is blessed with an ability that ensures it will take any hit, which is extremely convenient, but on the flip side, it has to work with a base 90 speed, which actually amounts to at least 90 in speed at level 50, still too high to be really good in Trick Room. In VGC, I love using Iron Ball as a remedy for that: it brings Mimikyu down to 45, which is a respectable Trick Room number, same as, for example, min speed Marowak.
However, for the Tree, one of the biggest hurdles to setting up Trick Room on a long streak is status, mostly paralysis and confusion. Crossing your fingers that you'll break through just isn't enough, so Lum Berry is the item of choice for a layer of safety. Since Mimikyu could already tank any hit, status seemed like the only thing that could go wrong, so with a torn heart, I opted for the rational choice, the Lum Berry.

But a Mimikyu-Snorlax lead still seemed unreliable to me: not only could Mimikyu get double-targetted to prevent Trick Room, but it was out of the question for me to put Protect on a BD Snorlax set (there's no room for it unless you go mono-attacking, which I didn't want), so Snorlax was left vulnerable.
My first thought went to the obvious: let's add Fake Out support!

This is where a VGC team I ran in 2017 came to mind, which was very similar to Baz Anderson's. Not only did I have a lot of success with it on the ladder, but I most importantly had tons of fun with it.

It had 2 ways of setting up Trick Room:
1. Mimikyu + Persian, where Persian offered Fake Out support, and on the following turn, could use a slow Parting Shot to bring in a TR sweeper safely. Parting Shot on turn 1 was also a great option if Fake Out wasn't needed. Persian was then able to make a return in the end game to assist the TR sweeper with Fake Out and Quash, making it possible for the team to still operate outside of Trick Room if it expired and Mimikyu went down.
2. Mimikyu + Metagross, where the main idea was just to click Choice Band Explosion. If the opponent targets Metagross to prevent that from happening, it means Mimikyu gets the Trick Room safely. If they try to Protect from the Explosion, again, TR goes up safely, and you can try exploding again next turn. Finally, if the opponent tries to double-target Mimikyu to prevent TR, not only are they likely to lose both Pokémon to the Explosion, but since Mimikyu was EVed with a ton of bulk, it was most likely going to be unsuccessful (my EV spread was pretty different from Baz's in that regard).

Even though the point of that team was to feature 2 very different sweepers altogether (Torkoal and Lurantis), I loved the idea of giving that a try in the Tree. I first started with Persian, because Fake Out is a reliable way to get Trick Room up, and I loved the idea of a slow Parting Shot to help Snorlax set up upon entry (and make a quick entry onto the field, don't want to waste TR turns!). Since I love Lurantis and think it's one of the most underrated TR sweepers, I added that as the 4th; with access to Superpower, it doesn't really require Torkoal's support to hit hard like it did last year.

V1:

I don't think I did more than 10 battles with this team, because I noticed something I really didn't like early on: Fake Out uses up a turn, switching out uses another, Belly Drum uses another... TR turns were getting wasted too quickly, and for 2 of these turns, Mimikyu was mostly useless, doing chip damage, unable to Psych Up the Belly Drum as it was supposed to... the setup was just very inefficient.
So I turned to option no. 2, the Explosion Metagross. Immediately, I thought I needed to find a different Explosion user, since Choice Band Metagross seems way too slow to be reliable in the Tree, plus, surely, there were stronger Pokémon to pull that move off? After looking at the candidates, I was surprised to see Silvally was actually the strongest Explosion user, thanks to STAB. 95 base speed being a huge improvement over 70, I decided to give it a try. In addition, Silvally also offered the luxury of Parting Shot, for those times where Explosion isn't needed. Still worried I wasn't going to be able to pull off the Explosion at crucial times because of its lack of speed, I decided to go with a Choice Scarf. Lurantis had been performing well thus far, and I saw no reason to change it:

V2:

That team did pretty well. I don't remember where it lost, but it was post-100. After getting more experience with the team, 2 things left me unsure of its future:
- Mimikyu's speed was really detrimental. For any situation where Snorlax couldn't OHKO a threat, I often had to let both of the opposing Pokémon move before I could assist with Mimikyu, and receiving 2 extra hits is a huge deal, especially if they end up KOing Mimikyu before it can move and make use of the +6. This was especially a problem against Hikers and other trainers that feature a lot of Steelix/Aggron/Rhyperior/Gigalith and co.
- Very often, I found myself thinking "If only I had Mimikyu's Z-move, this would be so much easier!". Since Snorlax is weak to Fighting, Mimikyu's Fairy typing is super helpful, but it requires hitting Play Rough, which is unreliable, and usually also requires having the boosts, because it rarely OHKOs on its own. This was not a problem per se, but more of an annoyance.
Together, those 2 things convinced me that this team didn't have a future for a really long streak with Mimikyu as its Trick Room setter. Sure, I could switch the Lum to an Iron Ball or Mimikium Z to remedy one or the other of the problems, but then I created another by making myself vulnerable to status, there was no patching the issues.

So I decided to create an exhaustive list of potential Trick Room setters that could replace Mimikyu. Exhaustive, but not very long, because unless I was willing to completely change my strategy (and since Explosion was way too much fun to give up, I wasn't), I needed a few criteria to be satisfied:
- Ghost-type or Telepathy to use to Explosion next to it;
- Access to Trick Room;
- Access to Psych Up;
- (Huge bonus if they can have Ally Switch);
- Usable Attack stat.
This last point is very important, because with Explosion, you basically have 3 Pokémon to work with, and leaving one of them to be passive/only supportive on the side puts way too much pressure on Snorlax to sweep everything on its own, which in my opinion isn't viable in the long run. That last point was also the biggest hurdle, because most TR setters are special attackers. The only options this gave me were the following:
: Checks all the marks, but sooooo frail... I couldn't see it tank hits well enough to set up Trick Room. Explosion support is great, but the setter still might have to tank a big hit every once in a while. Also, if I go Mega for a little more bulk, no possibility of Lum Berry, which is bad.
: Mediocre Attack stat, but kind of usable I guess? The biggest problem was that Zen Headbutt would have been the only viable attack, and I wasn't trying to recreate Mimikyu's Play Rough situation.
and
: What do you mean they don't get Psych Up? WHY????
: Legendary bulk (though at the cost of no Lum), but 70 in Attack is mediocre. Couple that with its best potential attack being Shadow Punch, which is base 60 power, and it will still be kind of passive, even at +6. Still the only workable option so far.
: This is genuinely the very last option I looked into, but as soon as I saw it, it clicked. Basically the same as Dusclops, but you trade some of the bulk for a 100 Attack stat: now we're talking! It's the exact tradeoff that my team was looking for: what I wanted was not the bulkiest Trick Room setter ever, but rather something that offered a good balance of bulk and offence. The one downside was however taken over from Dusclops: Shadow Punch as the one attack of choice. Because of this, I had to accept right off the gate that Dusknoir was not going to be dealing anywhere near as much as damage as Snorlax. What I didn't realize is that Shadow Punch's infinite accuracy made up for this, and helped the team immensely.

For lack of better options, I decided to give Dusknoir a try. Knowing this kind of set up (where it would get to +6 Attack a lot of the time) was probably one of the few ways in which Dusknoir could actually stand out and shine, I was pretty excited to use it! Once again, I found no reason to replace Lurantis, because it has been doing really well and carried the team on its back more than once.

V3:

I had several streaks with this team, ranging from 30 to 150. Every time I lost, I saved the video and found ways to circumvent what had gone wrong. Doing this forced me to think about my team and all the options it offered in depth. I found the different ways of operating it, the different plays I could make on turn 1, turn 2, etc. What I realized while doing this was that the team really was Dusknoir/Silvally/Snorlax + Lurantis. Lurantis was an outsider, doing its own thing. It almost always came in last to finish things off when Dusknoir couldn't stay on the field long enough, or if things went sour. Sometimes, I brought it in turn 2 if the matchup was against mostly Rock- and Steel-types since it has such a good matchup there. It has good bulk, and when it came down to it, it was usually able to 1v1 the last Pokémon on the field, even in bad matchups (thanks to the 50% berry it had - it wouldn't have done nearly as well without it).

That's pretty much what I wanted out of this 4th slot: something that works well in Trick Room, but can come to the rescue if the main plan fails. But a loss on my 5th run where it got frozen by Abomasnow made me re-think whether it was really the right teammate. I created a list of 20 potential partners that could take its spot... finding the right typing was extremely difficult, because the rest of the team was all Normal and Ghost. Other than not being weak to Fighting or Dark, there wasn't much of a criteria there to synergize well. I decided to try all 20 of my options one by one, take notes, and make a choice. But in the end, I only tried a few... :

V4:
[
]

Some of them were fine; whatever 4th Pokémon I use, it doesn't hit the field most of the time, so no decent Trick Room attacker would have done terribly bad. But I still found Lurantis the most solid, maybe just because I was so used to it. I was about to go back to it for good. But then it hit me... what if my 4th member could set up Trick Room too? This would widen my options so much overall, providing me with a safety net in case I wasn't able to set it up turn 1, or, in what would probably be most cases, if TR expired and Dusknoir couldn't safely set it up again.

In this context, I immediately thought of Mimikyu. Having it in the back would allow me to finally run the Z-Crystal, solving one of the major issues I had with it. Not only that, but its high speed could also be used as an advantage this time: since it would come in at the end, when Trick Room often is about to expire or has expired, it would give me a faster option that can punish opposing TR teams that give me more trouble. It would just allow for a ton more flexibility in my plays. Having a 2nd Psych Up users also allowed to create a chain where even if Snorlax went down, Mimikyu could potentially Psych Up the boosts from Dusknoir instead. Disguise was also the perfect ability for a 4th Pokémon which's job is to 1v1 something I couldn't deal with, since no matter what, I was ensured to take a hit.
At first, having double Ghost along with double Normal seemed like a terrible decision typing-wise, but it made so much sense in theory that I had to give it a try. And it worked! It added a ton of depth and flexibility to the team, which was much needed, and finally brought the whole thing together as a squad of 4, not 3+1.

It was also extremely fitting since I went full circle, being technically back to MimiLax, but in a different way. How poetic!

V5:

Given how this team has a very clear plan and is entirely built around achieving it / taking full advantage of it, anything that throws a wrench in that plan is a problem. As I went along my journey, I made it a point to take note of every problem I encountered and to make sure I thought hard about a workaround/fix rather than just give up on the team because of it. This led me to play more mock battles than I ever did, and I spent countless mornings theorymonning in the shower, routinely going from "crap, I think I just lose to this" to "I think I found a solution!". I don't think it's worth listing everything I came up with, since a lot of it has to come from experience (knowing the threats is a thing, but assessing the situation to know how it should be handled that one time is another). But in any case, here are things that anyone playing this team should watch out for, and the *usual* answer:

Turn 1 stuff

- Potential Damp Pokémon: (non-Mega) Swampert, Politoed, Kingdra and Jellicent. It's never worth to try Exploding in front of them, use Double-Edge or Parting Shot.
- Fake Out: It can only target Silvally, so it will. I usually Ally Switch to stall out that turn, but depending on whether opposing Pokémon outspeed Silvally, I sometimes Trick Room anyway to get off the Explosion on the following turn (note that M-Kangaskhan34 both outspeed Silvally!).
- Facing 2 Pokémon that resist Normal: I usually explode anyway, but sometimes Parting Shot is fine if Snorlax will come unharmed from the back. If only 1 Pokémon resists, I basically always Explode. If there is only 1 Ghost-type, I usually Explode too. If 2 Ghost-types, Parting Shot.
- Opposing Pokémon with Protect. Thanks to Frisk, you will know whether you are facing sets that carry Protect or not. If they do, try to gauge how likely they are to attack; it's a bit random, but if the AI doesn't have a super effective move to go for, it's usually more likely to Protect. Exploding into a Protect isn't the end of the world, but you clearly want to avoid Exploding into two of them. Judging this is a bit situational and requires experience with the AI.
- Taunt. This is super annoying! Clearly only a problem if the Taunt user is faster than Silvally (like Crobat4 and Hydreigon3), or not OHKOd by Explosion. There are many ways to play around it, but since it almost always Taunts Dusknoir (it's like they know!), I usually Ally Switch, so Silvally is the one getting taunted, and then destroys the Taunt user with Explosion. Mimikyu can also come in on the following turn if Dusknoir is prevented from setting up TR to try again. If the opposing Pokémon aren't too threatening offensively, Snorlax can also come in, stall out the Taunt with a few attacks/Recycle, then get going.
- Intimidate: This is only an issue if both of the opposing leads have Intimidate, as Silvally's Explosion is still super strong at -1. I usually Explode anyway, but if I think it won't damage the opposing leads enough, I Parting Shot out of there.
- Switcheroo/Trick: Dusknoir will *always* be the target of it from my experience (Manectric4 is the common user). If necessary, you can let Dusknoir be Scarfed and switch it out on the next turn, but the preferable play is Ally Switch so Silvally gets the Scarf, and setup TR next turn.
- Flinches: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Try again.
- Opposing Trick Room setters: This may not be fully accurate, but the pattern I have recognized is that they will only set it up if they have the slowest Pokémon on the field. I usually set up Trick Room anyway and work from there; if it gets reversed, I can either work outside of TR with Ally Switch or keep trying.
- Clear Body: It doesn't only prevent the stat drops, it actually prevents Parting Shot's switch from happening, so you'll stay stuck on the field. Be careful!

Annoyances

- Unnerve: It's usually better to delay setting up until it's been removed from the field.
- Paralysis + Confusion: The usual. Dusknoir's Lum Berry helps with that a lot, just make sure the users of Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray and the likes are priority KOs. If Snorlax gets paralyzed, it's usually a good idea to Ally Switch and leave the Thunder Waver be: it will keep trying to re-paralyze Snorlax and fail (since it will target Dusknoir's slot). This gives Snorlax several chances to get off its move if it gets fully paralyzed on some of them.
- Physical walls: The whole team is physical, so Ferrothorn, M-Aggron, Rhyperior and Cradily can cause headaches. In all of these cases, Belly Drum isn't optional, but at +6, they can be dealt with (if you let them set up Curse or Stockpile, you may need both of your attackers to be +6).
- Whimsicott3: If it has Prankster, it can Cotton Guard instantly and get priority Substitutes during the Trick Room. Also, if it successfully Leech Seeds Snorlax, it will get tons of recovery every turn. If you can't deal with it quickly, leave it for the end, keep Snorlax healthy at all times with Recycle and... PP stall. It'll work every time, it's just annoying.
- Mega Charizard Y: The annoying part is how unpredictable it is. While you'll usually want to Ally Switch predicting a Focus Blast, always keep in mind it might very well Heat Wave, or randomly Solar Beam something, even outside of sun.
- Phazing: Amoonguss4 has Clear Smog, Skarmory4 has Whirlwind, and they'll go for it every time if you have the boosts. They need to be priority targets; Skarmory won't Whirlwind if you haven't boosted, so Belly Drum + Psych Up and double target on the next turn to prevent it (or if it's a lead, Fire Fang, as displayed in one of the replays below). Amoonguss can be played around with Ally Switch, or just KOd with +6 Return.
- Red Card: In the later Tree, Toxapex3 and Liepard3 are the users (I think there's a Marowak set early on). I usually make sure to attack these with Dusknoir so it gets phazed, and not Snorlax.
- Drifblim, Oricorio-Sensu and Mismagius: Snorlax can't touch them at all, so make sure you remember you'll need Dusknoir/Mimikyu for them!

Actual threats

- Foul Play: Liepard3 and Sableye4 will definitely go for it if you're boosted, and they will OHKO, so take care of them before they take care of you!
- Mega Aerodactyl: It will use Sky Drop on turn 1, which can throw off the whole thing if you don't plan accordingly. I lost to that once, and I now believe Ally Switch turn 1 is always the best move, regardless of whether it tries to Sky Drop one or the other. If Silvally is taken, you get off TR safely next turn and Silvally will be able to Explode, and if Dusknoir is taken, TR is very likely on the way down on the same turn that Snorlax gets its Belly Drum.
- Ferrothorn4, Skarmory4 and Mega Scizor: They will require so much attention under TR that if they have a threatening partner as well, and Snorlax has yet to boost, it can get really difficult to handle. If they're leads, *always* Fire Fang. If they were in the back, you should boost instantly and waste no turn to target them afterwards.
- Psych Up: Spiritomb and Umbreon have stolen my +6 more than once, which is really scary. In theory, this could go very wrong, but in practice, the AI has been extremely dumb with it. But both for of these, keeping Mimikyu as safety is important (while Spiritomb can't touch Snorlax, it could hax its way through with Swagger).
- OHKO moves: Especially if they target Snorlax and connect. The advice to target the users of these moves as a priority is very obvious, but if you're not yet boosted, you can't just KO them, so using one risky turn to set up will be necessary. My plan is always to Belly Drum + Psych Up, so that if one of my Pokémon is OHKOed, the other one is most likely to remain with the boosts, and Mimikyu can come in and also Psych them Up, providing extremely good odds to come out on top anyway (demonstrated in one of the replays below). Losing a boosted Snorlax and being left with an unboosted Dusknoir + Mimikyu is a scary finish that you don't ever want.
- Mega Kangkashan + Marowak-A lead (from Kiawe): This was a lot scarier before I changed my Dusknoir spread. In most cases, Marowak won't target Dusknoir, but it may, and if it does, it has a small chance to OHKO (or to crit) while Silvally will have gotten Faked Out (really bad turn). Note that it's worth clicking TR + Explosion anyway, because sometimes Kangkashan is Scrappy and will try to Fake Out Dusknoir (and fail), while if Silvally gets Faked Out, it will outspeed Kangkashan in Trick Room. Marowak is such an offensive threat to the team that I usually Shadow Punch + High Horsepower it in TR before even boosting for the KO, but this is a bit risky because a turn is lost if it Detects. In any case, this lead could require you to improvise a bit.
- As my loss has taught me, Fluffy Bewear is a huge threat. If you have Ally Switch to play with at that point, it should be easy to handle, but otherwise, it's probably better to not boost and just spam Recycle while Mimikyu handles it.

Tips

- As a very general rule, I would say that when using the team, it's important to remember the goal: +6 Snorlax. Sometimes, I get distracted by the opposing Pokémon and the fact I can KO them instantly instead of boosting, but if they're setup fodder for Snorlax, you need to use that opportunity, because this is exactly what you're looking for. This is a rule I had made for myself, and I overlooked it during my loss.
- Snorlax is usually also the winning condition, and keeping it safe should be a priority. Don't take unnecessary risks, and when in doubt, Recycle!
- Using something to check the sets you're facing is really important on turn 1 (for example using Level 51's excellent Battle Tree Informant). Frisk gives you the information you need to identify the sets and pick the right moves, make use of that advantage!

The losing battle: CAGW-WWWW-WWWN-948E vs. Office Worker Jana (also featured at the end of the replay compilation below).

In that battle, I got overwhelmed by a Fluffy Bewear that could comfortably take a +6 Return / a Let's Snuggle Forever! (though not the combination of the 2, obviously - did you know Let's Snuggle Forever! is one of the few Z-moves that makes contact?). I did not see the Payback into the Snorlax slot coming (it's like the AI predicted the Ally Switch!!) when it had Hammer Arm, and lost Dusknoir way too quickly to that. Afterward, I was too flustered by this turn of events to realize Mimikyu would be outsped by Bewear in Trick Room and my emergency plan failed as well (I doubled into Bewear expecting to KO it before it could move that turn - at least using Snuggle + Recycle instead would have granted a me a chance at a comeback), though things were unsafe at that point in any case.

I replayed through this battle many times to figure out whether I messed up or if this was just an unwinnable situation. I started by assuming the latter, but then I realized I didn't abide by my own rule in using the team: when Snorlax can setup safely, always set it up. For some reason, I was too focused on the fact that Flail Komala could do insane damage at 1HP and needed to go, and didn't realize that thanks to Ally Switch, Komala was actually setup fodder.
In mock battles, setting Snorlax up on Komala won me the battle every time. However, by redoing the battle so many times, I realized that Turn 1 was extremely volatile: in the real battle, Froslass Shadow Balled Dusknoir, which was the worst case scenario, but it was just as likely to set up hail or do a dry Blizzard. Hail finishes off Komala instantly and leaves Dusknoir untouched, which makes the rest of the battle pretty easy, while Blizzard, at worst, freezes and activates the Lum, which is no problem. The one perk of it going for Shadow Ball is that it would always try to Shadow Ball again on the following turns to finish off Dusknoir, making Ally Switch more reliable.

In any case, I misplayed, but I see it as a learning experience and hope to return to the team later for, hopefully, a longer streak!

After facing Plumeria for the 4th time in a row at battle 110, I decided it would be fun to keep track of all the bosses I encountered through the streak... so I did! Here's the list:

80 - Plumeria
90 - Plumeria
100 - Plumeria
110 - Plumeria
120 - Cynthia
130 - Kiawe
140 - Kiawe
150 - Wally
160 - Wally
170 - Kiawe
180 - Sina
190 - Kiawe
200 - Wally
210 - Kiawe
220 - Cynthia
230 - Plumeria
240 - Kukui
250 - Grimsley
260 - Sina
270 - Sina
280 - Anabel
290 - Kukui
300 - Cynthia
310 - Colress
320 - Sina
330 - Kiawe
340 - Plumeria
350 - Kiawe
360 - Kiawe
370 - Grimsley
380 - Colress
390 - Colress
400 - Cynthia
410 - Wally
420 - Cynthia
430 - Plumeria
440 - Wally
450 - Colress
460 - Grimsley
470 - Sina
480 - Plumeria
490 - Kukui
500 - Wally
510 - Colress
520 - Kukui
530 - Plumeria
540 - Cynthia

Replays:

Instead of a bunch of Battle Videos that take forever to load up, I took to the current trend and made a Youtube compilation of battles. Not all are super exciting, but I felt like it was necessary to include a couple that show how the team usually functions too.

--------------------------------------------------

It has now been a while since this loss happened, since this report took quite a bit of time to put together. Since then, I've been trying a lot of other fun teams, which I'm finding super refreshing. However, I do plan on getting back to this team, because I believe it can do better than this; this loss was hopefully only one more learning experience in perfecting its use!

Thank you for reading! :heart:

Special shoutouts to the good people of the Battle Tree Discord server for giving me so much motivation to keep going: Smuckem, turskain, Coeur7, ReptoAbysmal, paperquagsire, Worldie, ExtendedFreezer, Josh C., Level 51, PikaCuber, SadisticMystic and everyone else!

One of the juiciest parts of any writeup are the enemy sets that give you the most trouble and what you do about them. There’re usually some surprising threats in there. We love reading about those, so don’t be stingy with the details!

at least araquanid kills starmie who cant reset trick room and power gem is a lot weaker than head smash
Thank you for the tip man. I am writing it but I'm afraid it would be too long and nobody would read it. Btw, you will be in my post, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)