Battle Tree Discussion and Records

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of the leaderboard: I'm new to this thread but the leaderboard is some ugly wall of text. Wouldn't it look better with some nicer formatting and maybe some icons? Example:

#01. GG Unit, (2005*) -
Etc with all the other links and such

Reporting an on-going winning streak of 1000 consecutive wins on Super Double Battle Tree.
I have finally climbed up to the 1000th battle on Super Battle Tree. I have been grinding since the last post from 450 wins to 1000 wins.
Here are the proofs:
42240157_266818007285637_4814481626681573376_n.jpg
42361371_209579283092499_3527424311985963008_n.jpg
42229177_675513949497790_7360231110934003712_n.jpg
42287580_254960928491772_1190534165305491456_n.jpg

For some reason it did not allow me to upload the battle video. It says "This Battle Video cannot be made public", which is weird because I had uploads many successfully in the past.

The team is slightly different from the last post. If you want to see the team, click on the quote below.
Teambuilding:
View attachment 119649
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch Stomping Tantrum

With incredible bulk, huge attack, great speed, and a good ability before as well as after mega evolving, Mega Metagross is a monster. Its bulk allows it to live non-STAB super effective moves easily, sometimes it can even survive STAB super effective moves. If you get hit super effectively by Mega Metagross, you are gone. Period. With the Psychic and Steel, Mega Metagross is both good at offense and defense. The ability to check Psychic and Fairy is also great too.

Iron Head instead of Meteor Mash because it has higher accuracy. This is extremely important, you don't want to spam a move with 90% accuracy in Battle Tree unless you are an NPC in Battle Tree. A miss can change the game drastically in your opponent's favor so Iron Head is a good choice since it has 30% flinch, boosted by Tough Claws, and hit nearly as hard as Meteor Mash without missing.

Zen Headbutt because it is STAB and it gets rid of Poison type pokemons that are threats to Koko. However, since it only has 90 accuracy, I avoid using it as much as possible.

Ice Punch is an amazing coverage move because it OHKO menacing threats such as Landorus, Salamence, Charchomp, Dragonite. Overall, it is mostly to kill Dragons, Flying, and Ground.

Stomping Tantrum over Ice Punch so that it doesn't automatically lose to Heatran and opposing Mega Gross. Plus, Ash-Gren and Lando have Ice type attacks already.

However, Mega Metagross gets walled completely by Steel type and bulky Water type (even though I have Zen Headbutt for Water pokes), so I decided to build the rest to counter these types.

Therefore, I opted to go for Tapu Koko again as it is a reliable lead to get rid of Water type and Dragon type pokemons.
View attachment 119642

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Even though its SpA stat is not impressive, thanks to its ability to bring electric surge, its electric attacks gain 50% power and hits pretty hard. With the powerful Z move plus Terrain, Tapu Koko 90% of the time OHKO everything that doesn't resist it. So, I almost always have a free kill every first turn.

Thunderbolt and Dazzling Gleam are quite standard and there is nothing much to talk about really.

Grass Knot instead of HP Ice because it hits those heavy Ground pokemons harder. And especially, it hits x4 effectively to the threat Rhyperior since Eearthquake OHKOs me and it has Lightning Rod to deny Thunderbolt/Gigavolt Havic.

So, the common thing between Mega Metagross and Tapu Koko is that they both are weak to Ground and Steel type pokemons. Therefore, the third pokemon will be chosen to defeat Ground and Steel pokemons, which is none other than Mr. Lando - I.

View attachment 119650
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Yep, you heard it right. It's Landorus Incarnate form instead of Therian. Here's why. As great as Therian's Atk stat and its ability Intimidate is, my pokemon will be affected by the its spammed STAB move Earthquake. As a result, I went for Incarnate form instead as its STAB move Earth Power hits harder for it is a single targeted move and it doesn't hit its teammate. Second of all, Landorus and Tapu Koko will be my lead, so I don't want to get Intimidated by my opponents if I'm using Therian. With Life Orb Sheer Force, Incarnate hits harder than Therian for sure.

Earth Power: The favorite STAB move that I spam most of the time. With Life Orb, Sheer Force it hits much harder than Koko's terrain boosted Thunderbolt. This stab move checks Steel type easily.

Sludge Bomb: Thanks to Life Orb and Sheer Force, Sludge Bomb is basically a STAB move now so it most of the time can easily OHKO grass type that Koko's Thunderbolt has a hard time dealing with and. Sludge Bomb can be use to kill Fairies too.

HP Ice: Again, the same reason as Ice Punch, it is to deal with threats like opposing Landorus, Garchomp, Ssalamence, etc.

It seems like the core Mega Metagross - Tapu Koko - Landorus I is pretty solid. Now I need to find the final member that can support my team even further. For example: Taking Ice moves to protect Landorus, getting rid of Ground type that kills Koko and Metagross and destroy trick room setters that are usually Ghost or Psychic type. Hmmm, I wonder what can it be...Greninja.
View attachment 119651
Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

The reason I used Protean Greninja instead of Ash-Greninja is because...I don't have one LOL. If I had had one, I would've used it, but oh well.

Greninja-Ash @ Focus Sash
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Scald and Dark Pulse are its main STAB.

Ice Beam because it is too good of an attacking move, duh. Couldn't think of a better attacking move for it.

So here is the full team with the lead in the order that I lead with:
View attachment 119652View attachment 119653View attachment 119654View attachment 119655

Strategy:

Contrary to the trend of using Trick Room team in this thread, I want my team to beat everything down with sheer power alone. Most of the time, these pokemons have the potential to OHKO 1 or even 2 pokemons on first turn. So, the strategy is to use Pokemon with high speed and high Atk/SpA to OHKO pokemons that are a threat to my team and leave pokemons that cannot deal much damage to my pokemon alone. With the Z move Gigavolt Havic from Tapu Koko, most pokemons will drop immediately turn 1 if they don't resist it; even if bulky pokemons survives, their attacks are not putting my pokemons in danger anyway since they have no attacking investment. So thanks to Koko, the match up is usually 4 vs 3 after turn 1, or even 4 vs 2 if Landorus can OHKO the other pokemon, which happens quite a lot actually considering Life Orb Sheer Force Earth Power hits like a truck. The mission of Metagross and Greninja in the back is to take out pokemons that the duo Lando-Koko cannot get rid of or just simply take a hit for them.

I know that the strategy sounds simple but it works effectively. The strategy is basically making your team outnumber your opponent's so that you can have the advantage and the important thing is to gang up on the one threat to the team if necessary. The idea of using Koko turn 1 to use Z move to OHKO pokemons is from me getting set up by bulky Pokemons to activate Trick Room and stuff. As a result, I want to lead with something incredibly fast and can hit hard, which is Koko and Z move to OHKO setup users or threats. With said pokemons out of the way turn 1, what my teammates have to do is to simply deal damage to pressure my opponen

The duo Lando-Koko works extremely well together as a lead as they cover each other's weakness:

- Tapu Koko is weak to Ground type? Landorus is immune to it and fires off an attack to that Ground-type Pokemon while Koko protects and finish it turn 2, or Koko can simply Grass Knot/Dazzling Gleam it and let Landorus finish it off if it's a slower pokemon.
- Tapu Koko's main STAB Thunderbolt/Gigavolt Havic cannot hit Grass effectively? Landorus's Sludge Bomb can usually OHKO that grass pokemon.
- Tapu Koko's is weak to Steel type? Landorus OHKOs it.
- Tapu Koko is weak to Poison type? Landorus crushes it.
- Landorus is weak to Water type? Koko OHKOs it.
- Landorus cannot hit Flying type super well? Koko OHKOs it.

The problem is Landorus is weak to Ice type so the priority is to kill that Ice type immediately before anything; if there are two Ice types or there are a threat bigger than that Ice type pokemon, I will switch out Landorus into Metagross to take the Ice move attack or simply just protect with it. Since Ice pokemons are usually bulky, I'm not confident that Landorus can OHKO them so if there are two threats on the field, switch out Landorus or protect with it depending on the situation.

I never switched Greninja in as it is super fragile and it has a Focus Sash and I don't wanna break it. Greninja is like a bonus to the core Mega Metagross - Tapu Koko - Landorus, so I only switch it in when a pokemon faints.

Weakness of the team and threats:

Since the team is hyper offense, their investments are all in speed and power. Consequently, they are quiet fragile as there is no investment in bulk; however, their natural stat is not to be taken lightly as they can take hits too, especially the monster Metagross.

Long story short, the weakness of my team is facing faster pokemons that can hit hard first and Trick Room teams.

Here is the biggest threat to the team:

View attachment 119678View attachment 119679
Ah yes, the pokemon that I hate facing the most as it is the biggest threat to my team. First and foremost, Mega Alakazam is ridiculous OP with 150 Speed and 175 SpA and Trace ability and Blue seems to always want to mess me up by bringing it. If it is Mega Alakazam, my pokemons are gonna drop. As it mega evolves, Trace ability usually traces my Sheer Force thus makes Psychic even more powerful that can OHKO my Landorus or Tapu Koko every single time. With that being said, when it mega evolves, 1 of my pokemon will die; what even worse is that if Koko dies, Landorus cannot revenge kill it every time with Earth Power. here is the cal to it:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam-Mega: 220-259 (87.6 - 103.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Yep, with only 25% chance of killing it, Mega Alakazam will likely take out another pokemon of mine next turn. However, if it attacks and kills Landorus, my Koko can revenge with Gigavolt Havic, but losing Landorus is a huge loss to my team. Predicting the attack and protect with either Landorus or Koko doesn't work either as it is too risky. If my prediction fails, I sure will lose.

Normal Alakazam, on the other hand, wouldn't be so bad...if it doesn't have the stupid Focus Sash. Having the ability to survive an attack from Koko and fire back with Psychic and the attack from Alakazam's partner means my opponent has a free attack against me and that is not good at all.

Switching when there is Alakazam on the field is not always a good idea either because they have a free attack as well.

Other threats are: Ferrthorn, Crobat, Salazzle, Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Sceptile, Blissey, Cresselia,... and a lot more and I'm not gonna explain all of them again as I don't want to spam another wall of text.
Update:
1020: DV7W-WWWW-WWWT-GWGG
1021: FXJW-WWWW-WWWT-HJHL
1022: SPRG-WWWW-WWWT-HJHR
1023: ZS3G-WWWW-WWWT-HJYX
1024: WWFG-WWWW-WWWT-HJY6
1025: Y5HG-WWWW-WWWT-HJYC
1026: TC2W-WWWW-WWWT-HJYT
1027: 6F4G-WWWW-WWWT-HJJ3
1028: RNGG-WWWW-WWWT-HJKD

Update to 1090:
1045: QXKW-WWWW-WWWT-KL7K
1050: GZGG-WWWW-WWWT-KL8Q
1055: RZJG-WWWW-WWWT-KL92
1060: X24W-WWWW-WWWT-KL99
1065: SE9G-WWWW-WWWT-KL9Y
1070: VL4G-WWWW-WWWT-KL9Q
1080: MNRG-WWWW-WWWT-KL9V
1085: 3CGG-WWWW-WWWT-KLA7
1090: 88KW-WWWW-WWWT-KLAE

Last edited:
Other others are: Ferrthorn, Crobat, Salazzle, Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Sceptile, Blissey, Lunala,... and a lot more and I'm not gonna explain all of them again as I don't want to spam another wall of text
im really interested in the ways you deal with lunala and the worst teams it appeared on

my araquanid team is fucked really hard by primal groudon so i know what thats like

LOL I didn't mean Lunala hahaha. I mean Cresselia. I'm dumb. I play Super Double so there is no pokemons like Lunala, P-Groudon. Ways I deal with the threats have been said from my previous post so I don't wanna repeat haha

Having a debate at the moment for super singles with my friends, as they keep having near misses, since their plus 6 set up Pokemon from Durant strats get the board cleared thanks to Whirlwind and Roar.

My very best friend is trying to run the same Venomoth as me with Durant and he's encountered Whirlwind Hippowdon, after the Mimikyu red card has been used up and i'm like. i'm very sorry. i don't have any good advice for this one.
I told him just use taunt with mimikyu. Thief until it dies or gets gust out again. If Durant comes out, entrainment it for extra idle turn. On the idle turn switch to moth and protect. If it gets gusted again just start using iron head on Durant and hope for a flinch. or switch back to moth and protect and keep this going until it runs out of whirlwind pp. if moth stays active, put up a sub. protect again and pray its not going to gust you out again. if it goes for earthquake... GREAT. you now have 2 free turns of attacks.

But then the issue came down to. Then what happens after hippo goes down. If Durant is active and choiced into iron head, it can't use entrainment on next pokemon, unless you double switch. If mimikyu has fainted then what? The next Pokemon might have a move that ohko your set up Pokemon on the switch.

My friend says hes so annoyed that he's gonna try and run Guillotine as Durants last move. Just to try and get rid of Hippowdon and Skarmory.
Or drop Mimikyu all together in favour of a Moody Smeargle with ingrain.

Does anybody here actually have a viable strategy for Whirlwind/ Roar when using Durant in Super Singles?

Use a setup poke that has taunt. Alternatively, try to get both Mimi and Durant killed so that there's nothing for Roar to bring in. Guillotine won't even work very well as an anti-Skarm measure, since that can have Sturdy.

Speaking of the leaderboard: I'm new to this thread but the leaderboard is some ugly wall of text. Wouldn't it look better with some nicer formatting and maybe some icons? Example:

#01. GG Unit, (2005*) -
Etc with all the other links and such
It probably would make the page take really long to load while also being hard to read from a phone. This is also related to the person who was asking for a viability rankings list: the streak number is a pretty weak indicator of a team or Pokemon’s strength when a great team can lose through sloppy play or a team that’s not that good can have one extremely lucky run or someone can just BS a streak entirely and get it listed.

Beyond that, searching the page for a Pokemon’s name is a pretty fast and easy way to get some examples of how people are using it, and from there you just have to be your own judge. If anything’s wrong with the leaderboard (other than being slow to take down faked streaks or at least make note that their success is extremely dubious) is that it doesn’t specify that you can click on the names in that wall of text and get more specific information about the builds.

Having a debate at the moment for super singles with my friends, as they keep having near misses, since their plus 6 set up Pokemon from Durant strats get the board cleared thanks to Whirlwind and Roar.

My very best friend is trying to run the same Venomoth as me with Durant and he's encountered Whirlwind Hippowdon, after the Mimikyu red card has been used up and i'm like. i'm very sorry. i don't have any good advice for this one.
I told him just use taunt with mimikyu. Thief until it dies or gets gust out again. If Durant comes out, entrainment it for extra idle turn. On the idle turn switch to moth and protect. If it gets gusted again just start using iron head on Durant and hope for a flinch. or switch back to moth and protect and keep this going until it runs out of whirlwind pp. if moth stays active, put up a sub. protect again and pray its not going to gust you out again. if it goes for earthquake... GREAT. you now have 2 free turns of attacks.

But then the issue came down to. Then what happens after hippo goes down. If Durant is active and choiced into iron head, it can't use entrainment on next pokemon, unless you double switch. If mimikyu has fainted then what? The next Pokemon might have a move that ohko your set up Pokemon on the switch.

My friend says hes so annoyed that he's gonna try and run Guillotine as Durants last move. Just to try and get rid of Hippowdon and Skarmory.
Or drop Mimikyu all together in favour of a Moody Smeargle with ingrain.

Does anybody here actually have a viable strategy for Whirlwind/ Roar when using Durant in Super Singles?
I don’t know how one can ‘keep’ encountering it when it only shows up in the first what, 30 battles and would have to be a lead to make any difference if one was playing correctly. Also +6 Signal Beam from uninvested Venomoth does 110% minimum to Hippowdon (assuming perfect IVs, which it wouldn't have early on), so either you need to teach your friend how to breed Pokemon so they're not using one with a bad IV and a reducing nature or they were messing up in more ways than they're telling you because as others have mentioned, there are plenty of ways around it even if using a suboptimal team.

Sacrificing the other two team members has been a known workaround pretty much since Truant Durant has been available. You could also just try attacking with minimal boosts from your set-up sweeper since early on since it’s just weak Pokémon sets you're facing (even if you're not boosted enough to KO the last mon Durant would have a chance to finish it off with an attack). Or you could just be patient and know that Hippowdon isn’t going to use Whirlwind *every* time and try setting up a few more times before the panic switch to lock Durant into Iron Head, which would be beating almost nothing that comes out 3rd. My team has had the longest Singles streak in the Tree ever since I first used it like a year and a half ago and uses Taunt on Glalie, so it seems kinda silly to consider anti-phazing measures some sort of unheard-of niche strategy or to imply that I must have somehow lucked into 2500+ straight wins without considering Whirlwind/Roar users.

Your friend's intuition is at least right in that most set-up sweepers aren't good enough to justify using the other two Pokemon slots to support it and the team would be capable of a longer streak with a different sweeper or even a standalone good Pokemon like Chansey in Mimikyu's place. Of course it's up to them to decide where they fall on the scale from "let's see how many I can win in a row by KOing as much stuff as possible with Venomoth/other crapmon" to "let's see how many in a row I can win with two top-tier Pokemon that have to deal with Venomoth/other crapmon being dead weight most of the time" but Mimikyu doesn't help Durant get enough 'extra' Entrainments to offset how much more often something like Venomoth would fail to sweep compared to the good set-up sweepers.

Last edited:
Well I just lost my super amazing, super singles run to Sina. SINA of all people. Wow!!
Got all the way up to a win streak of 139, with a modified version of GG Unit's winning singles team but with my trademark star from the battle Maison... Venomoth. Here's the rundown:

Durant: Male (Barbados).
Item: Choice Scarf.
Nature: Jolly.
Ability: Truant.
EV's: 4 HP / 240 Attack/ 20 Def / 236 Speed
- Entrainment
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Substitute

Turn 1 entrainment. Copy Truant to the opponent. Switch out protect and set up. sweep for game. this is Durants main role (as is durant in every durant team)
Funny story with this Durant. Somewhere along the lines I botched up my EV training. This thing was originally a 4 hp. 252 attack and 252 speed Durant. but after the 100th win I decided to start using the ev reducing berries. Problem was I didn't have enough of them to really warrant wanting to use them all. so instead went and used only a few to drop my speed stat then killed a few zubats to get up to 236 speed evs, then lowered my attack. Used a few Irons on it. I add up my evs. i only run 500. not 508. I used a HP up, which worked but my HP didn't change. somethings wrong here but couldn't be bothered to change it. The speed stat was the most important and as my mate pointed out it dies to a fire blast or fire type move anyway.
Currently have 6 Kelpsy berries, 6 Pomeg berries and 6 Tomato berries growing in Poke-Pelago. To try again later.
This thing will have the same ev spread as GG units Durant once berries are harvested.
X-scissor and iron head provide stab options for later switch ins. X scissor is used on turn 1 against Espeon and Absol though.
Substitute is still debatable. i read GG Units post and like the idea, but i have never once used a single PP from it. Maybe another move?

Mimikyu: Male (Doppleganger).
Item: Red Card.
Nature: Jolly.
Ability: Disguise.
EV's: 252 HP / 20 Sp. Def / 236 Speed
- Thief
- Thunder Wave
- Confide
- Taunt

Not much to say here. It's the same Mimikyu as GG units one. And this Pokemon has the same (correct) ev spread.
It fills in the roll of "What do i do against that lead Wishiwashi or Komala or Mimikyu immune to my entrainment."
This thing has saved me in so many battles it's unreal.
Taunt helps with those protect spammers.
Thunderwave can allow for easier set up, even though it misses sometimes. and thief can steal items after the Red card is used up. very good for removing choice items as well as other annoying items like bright powder and quick claw.
Confide is there pretty much to allow for an easier set up on special attackers. and it might help Durant to survive an attack that isn't fire type.

Venomoth: Male (Dovahkiin).
Item: Black Sludge.
Nature: Modest.
Ability: Tinted lens.
EV’s: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. Atk
-Protect
-Substitute
-Quiver Dance
-Signal Beam

Dovahkiin, the Twitch plays Pokemon, Dragon slaying Pokemon is back! and it's a different gender!? (this one was the first perfect 5 iv spread egg I hatched in ultra sun. I couldn't bare to send my old one through poke-bank.)
Why I use Venomoth is because I have a huge huge dislike to using Glalie in so many ways. For starters the Moody Boosts put me off. Sure I might get to plus 6 special attack, but I may also have a drop in accuracy, which could cost me the game. Quiver Dance users don't have this problem. They just set up and go. Out of all the Quiver Dancers the best one by far for the battle tree (and the Maison), has been Venomoth. Its typing is amazing. 0.25 damage from hi-jump kicks while setting up. Yes please! Bug/ Poison is such a good typing. My original use for this in omega ruby was to stop the choice scarfed leads from switching out, if the move they were stuck doing, did zero damage. If I had Yanmega and the opponent was using earthquake, they would switch. With Bug/ Poison having zero immunities I never worry about the opponent switching out.
Venomoth comes with many other perks that Glalie doesn't get. Such as immunity to Poison. Toxic Spikes on the switch in don't scare this moth. Resistance to fighting but you do trade a steel weakness for a psychic weakness, which is actually pretty brutal. But most Psychic types are special attacking, and since quiver dance boosts your sp. def, you should be fine at plus 6.
Tinted Lens is the biggest selling point for it, as the 0.5 damage from resisted stuff is removed and can calmly get kos against things that should resist bug types. the quad resistant to bug type pokemon can be a little trickier but the 0.25 damage gets changed to 0.5 damage thanks to tinted lens, which still lets it get 2 hkos.

One thing you may of noticed on this new gen 7 Venomoth compared to the one I used in my Maison run, was the replacement of Bug Buzz for Signal Beam. Lets just say I was more than annoyed at the loss I took in Omega Ruby from soundproof Abomasnow, and wanted revenge. While much weaker, Signal beam has a nice chance of confusion. it also has more PP. only annoying thing i have seen so far is i have to 3 hko Snorlax before. this was never an issue with bug buzz.

Onto the losing win streak battle!
I lost to Sina on battle 140. Battle code here: 46VG-WWWW-WWWT-FS24
Heres how the battle went. Turn 1 Abomasnow. use Entrainment. Abomasnow mega evolves and uses protect. oh dear.
turn 2 switch into Mimikyu. dodges Focus Blast.
turn 3 Abomasnow uses Blizzard. removes disguise. red card activates and pulls up Drampa.
i then thunder wave, thief (steals a quick claw) and taunt in succession before Mimikyu faints.
send in durant. get the entertainment off. (No quick claw for you mate) and fire blast ohkos durant.
send in Venomoth. set up sub and set up to plus 6 with quiver dance.
once fully set up i ko Drampa and Mega Abomasnow comes out.
I go for signal beam, but an ice shard has priority and brakes my sub. Signal Beam ohkos Mega Abomasnow.
Sina sends out Mandibuzz and I try to use sub and it uses Punishment. The sub is immediately broken. I go for a protect to try and stall a turn of hail, and it uses punishment again.
I use signal beam. Mandibuzz lives on 1 HP. Punishment OHKOs me.

And that's the end of the run. RIP. Strangely after doing damage calculations...
0 Atk Mandibuzz Punishment (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Venomoth: 118-141 (66.6 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery.
If i hadn't of used Substitute I may of had a chance to win this. If I had full HP, it would of been a guaranteed 2hko on my Venomoth. i had 133 HP remaining after the sub/ hail/ black sludge, which put me in the 75% health range. The Mandibuzz just got the higher end of the roll percentage here.

before i leave, i'll give you guys some other funny video replays which could of gone very bad against me:

Battle 79: NFZW-WWWW-WWWT-FSYJ
A fake out Weavile lead makes me double switch, and Durant gets frozen on the switch back in. i then suffer weaviles wrath until durant thaws out with 20 hp remaining before i can use Entrainment before it faints and i can set up to win.

Battle 109: LTQW-WWWW-WWWT-FSLA
A Lead Archeops scares the crap out of me, as i'm worried it might be choice banded. I was taking GG Unit's comment into consideration here about choice users running out of PP and switching out. after losing Durant turn 1 after entrainment, because of head smash. I send in Mimikyu by mistake and Paralyse it. After a failed thief because I still have card, red card forces archeops out into Conkledurr. i then have to set up on a paralysed conkeldurr with no entrainment set up. and this thing had moves like stone edge and pay back which could break my subs. but i prevail and get the full +6 and a substitute to sweep the rest of the game. in a way the Mimikyu's thunder wave helped me to set up. if i did switch straight into Venomoth, i would only have like 4 turns of set up, before Arcehops switched.

Battle 130: 2ZDW-WWWW-WWWT-FSSR
Lead Incineroar. could have quick claw. turn 1 switch to Mimikyu. Incineroar uses Flare Blitz, and gets switched with red card. I use confide, then taunt the new Magnezone, before it faints. send in Durant. use entrainment. works. dies in one hit to thunderbolt. i then do my usual reckless set up of Sub-protect-dance-dance again, then back to sub. I had completely forgotten all about the chance of this thing having Volt switch. I get my stats to plus 6 and as I use sub again, it uses Volt switch on me. i'm like OH! that could of ruined my set up! But I sweep the rest of Professor Kukui's team.

Battle 132: HEKG-WWWW-WWWT-FT2P
Another Head smash lead. This time it's Rampardos. I try doing what i did to Archeops earlier, by sending in Mimikyu to force it out. But Mold breaker says NO DISGUISE FOR YOU! and OHKO's Mimikyu with head smash on the switch. Switch in Durant. get entrainment off. Gets one shotted by head smash. i think its over for me, if its the choice band set, and it uses sitrus berry. I'm like what! I didn't have to lose Mimikyu this game! I set up on Rampardos and sweep. The opponent was even kind enough to have a Slaking in the second position. Would of loved it if this was red carded out.

If you want to check out my Omega Ruby run with Venomoth you can click here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-205#post-7053369
and here's the link to GG Units post that truly helped make the run possible: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-tree-discussion-and-records.3587215/page-76#post-7293831

Am I trying this again? I sure am. Knowing how much I misplayed that last game.

Last edited:
Sina sends out Mandibuzz and I try to use sub and it uses Punishment. The sub is immediately broken. I go for a protect to try and stall a turn of hail, and it uses punishment again.
I use signal beam. Mandibuzz lives on 1 HP. Punishment OHKOs me.

And that's the end of the run. RIP. Strangely after doing damage calculations...
0 Atk Mandibuzz Punishment (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Venomoth: 118-141 (66.6 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery.
If i hadn't of used Substitute I may of had a chance to win this. If I had full HP, it would of been a guaranteed 2hko on my Venomoth. i had 133 HP remaining after the sub/ hail/ black sludge, which put me in the 75% health range. The Mandibuzz just got the higher end of the roll percentage here.
Believe it or not, Punishment only has 5 PP, and then the set is harmless. Shunting the entire supply of that onto subs was another available option, and even prevents the possibility of them winning with the critical KO from full health.

You have yet to witness Sina's true horrible powers...
I noticed her Drampa carries Quick Claw and Fire blast. That is absolutely terrifying for any Durant team. thankfully in my battle i was able to remove the item before it did any harm.
Believe it or not, Punishment only has 5 PP, and then the set is harmless. Shunting the entire supply of that onto subs was another available option, and even prevents the possibility of them winning with the critical KO from full health.
I had no idea that punishment even had 5 pp. wow. i could of protect/ sub spammed until it had all been used up. looking at Mandibuzz 4's other moves, it doesn't have anything that even does damage.

Burning Abyss

There is no Focus Sash Alakazam in the Battle Tree that can appear at any point past battle 49 (not even Blue can bring it, Zam4 is Choice Specs), which I find simply unbelievable that you wouldn't have noticed over 1000 battles it if you singled it out as threat #1 to your team and the only one you could possibly lose to, as you claimed last time you appeared here. I'm far from the only one to have noticed.

I saw you on Discord, so before you edit that out of your writeup (there's enough other red flags but this one is undeniable), I think I should mention it here as well.
I've been on discord since the day I posted my 1000th streak, and I have not edited anything, have I? Except for the Lunala to Cresselia thing because I was in a rush editing the first write up. Okay I honestly didn't know Alakazam FS couldn't appear after 49. I have seen it many times during my runs since I have tried more than 6 runs. That's why I kept in mind Focus Sash Zam is a threat to the team. I quitted using Catalogue on Serebii after the the 100~ wins on this run anyway so I didn't know a lot about all the details.

To all the guys that want to call me out, feel free to prove me wrong. If you want to call my streak fake, you can say it here instead of in my back so i will have a chance to defend myself.

Editted: I specifically emphasized that MEGA Zam is the biggest threat btw. I included Zam and Mega Zam in there because it's the same species. I said it wouldn't be so bad if it did not have the focus sash.

Okay I honestly didn't know Alakazam FS couldn't appear after 49. I have seen it many times during my runs since I have tried more than 6 runs. That's why I kept in mind Focus Sash Zam is a threat to the team. I quitted using Catalogue on Serebii after the the 100~ wins on this run anyway so I didn't know a lot about all the details.
Eh to be honest, we all been there.

For example I've ran countless post legend attempts while playing around Fake Out when Incineroar shown up, only to eventually realize Incin34 don't have Fake Out at all.
(Not that my experience counts anything considering I've never had streaks worthy of note anyway, but that stuff happens to everyone)

Eh to be honest, we all been there.

For example I've ran countless post legend attempts while playing around Fake Out when Incineroar shown up, only to eventually realize Incin34 don't have Fake Out at all.
(Not that my experience counts anything considering I've never had streaks worthy of note anyway, but that stuff happens to everyone)
I didn't realize that Mamoswine didn't show up with Ice Shard later on (or so they said) but apparently those mistakes mean my streak is completely invalid and utterly bullshit lmao

I didn't realize that Mamoswine didn't show up with Ice Shard later on (or so they said) but apparently those mistakes mean my streak is completely invalid and utterly bullshit lmao
It's the sheer volume of mistakes, along with the sets such as electrium Z Koko and backline sash ash-Greninja that most people agree wouldn't work as well as the normal sets most people run. Also you have no battle videos besides 450 vs plumeria which didn't showcase any of the strengths or weaknesses of your team. I also find it very hard to believe that your battle video won't upload to be honest, and also that you went 1000 battles without any other noteworthy battles that would be worthy of saving and uploading to show here. I would love to believe your team is legit, but all the signs point towards it being bullshit.

It's the sheer volume of mistakes, along with the sets such as electrium Z Koko and backline sash ash-Greninja that most people agree wouldn't work as well as the normal sets most people run. Also you have no battle videos besides 450 vs plumeria which didn't showcase any of the strengths or weaknesses of your team. I also find it very hard to believe that your battle video won't upload to be honest, and also that you went 1000 battles without any other noteworthy battles that would be worthy of saving and uploading to show here. I would love to believe your team is legit, but all the signs point towards it being bullshit.
Lol. First of all, the fact that you think my streak is bullshit because you think "Oh you don't use this move on this pokemon. My sets are superior to yours. Should've used this move" is completely bullshit.

Second of all, I only used to saving milestones and that reptile dude said "Don't save battles for the sake of saving..." or something along the line so I didn't save much anyway.

If me not being able to upload my videos makes you think my streak is bullshit, I just saved 10 consecutive battles from 1021 to 1031 last night and I will update them when i get home. (They now let me upload the videos)

Lol. First of all, the fact that you think my streak is bullshit because you think "Oh you don't use this move on this pokemon. My sets are superior to yours. Should've used this move" is completely bullshit.

Second of all, I only used to saving milestones and that reptile dude said "Don't save battles for the sake of saving..." or something along the line so I didn't save much anyway.

If me not being able to upload my videos makes you think my streak is bullshit, I just saved 10 consecutive battles from 1021 to 1031 last night and I will update them when i get home. (They now let me upload the videos)
I'm saying that because every fake streak out there lacks battle videos. As for your sets, convince me why Ash-Gren is better than protean and why Electrium-Z is better than Specs Koko.

Because locking my pokemons into a choice item means I have to switch them out when pokemons that resist the choice locked move switch in? Another important thing is that it makes me vulnerable as I can't use Protect.

It's also why I run Focus Sash over Specs Gren. Protean Gren sucks as its power is underwhelming. The idea behind Ash Gren in the back is to switch in when my pokes are KO'd, claim a kill on a pokemon to get Ash form and get more kills with the boosted power and Focus Sash.

Don't even start mentioning Mat Block as an argument why my sets are trash thus makes my streak bullshit. I would run Mat Block if it's Protean Gren as a lead. But that is not the stratery of mine and I prefer Protect over Mat Block.

Just to add to what Coeur7 wrote above, it's pretty strange that you stopped using the trainer catalogue as the streak got longer. One would expect it to be the other way around - the longer the streak, the more afraid you become of losing, and thus you should play more carefully by looking up sets. Obviously, this doesn't prove anything (I did a ~500 streak myself without knowing any sets in the maison), just something i noticed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)