Battle Tree Discussion and Records

There are three sets listed at the end of that pool that look like they were erroneously pulled in when they were supposed to be grouped with some other data: a Raticate, Arbok, and NFE Golbat, all with max SpA but no special moves, and not very optimal moves either. Unless that's supposed to be some random Rocket Grunt giving you a tutorial of the tree with an easy battle like the Gladion/Hau/Masked Royal demo Battle Royal in the previous games, those three sets don't make any sense.

Mods, because things are relatively unchanged, is it all right to just continue to discussing the Tree here, incorporating all the new info brought on by the data dumps? I’m eager to begin discussing our new prospects due to the tutors and new Ultra Beasts.

Multis streak ended at 83 with Pokemon Trainer Anabel

My side:

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
EVs 252atk / 252 spd / 4hp

hyper trained all IVs

-Rock Slide
-Superpower
-Zen Headbutt
-Wood Hammer

The set of this mon went through a lot of change, mostly the switch from Choice Scarf to a Stone Edge-Z/ Horn Leech/ Wood Hammer/ Protect set and then to the set i described above. His job is simple, drop out alongside Entei as lead and smash anything that may be a threat to Entei itself (water, rock, ground pokemons), aid Entei with it's ground weakness thanks to Grassy Terrain (most notably is Entei getting hit in the face with a Earthquake and not even dropping below 80%hp), take care of any lead ice and flying mons that may threaten Salamence and Lucario, be kind of an asshole with his high speed and access to Rock Slide, a slower and angrier version of Aero1 basically. His main purpose on the team is to coutner anything that may damage Entei and the rest of the team, to provide flinch spam with Rock Slide and aid Entei with the Grassy Terrain heal thus giving him a bit more damage on Eruption if he was damaged.

It's most notable enemies are mons who set up on him while he doesn't have a way to kill them before they can manage to spam boosts or when he is locked into an unfavorable move against an unfavorable matchup. The mon that gave me the most problems were Mega Gyarados while being locked outside of Wood Hammer and ZardX after he got one Dragon Dance off, Heatran while being locked out of Superpower and, if it had access to Superpower it would be at a disadvantage if the enemy got Intimidate off or if the Superpower debuff kicked in. I cannot stress this enough, this pokemon was the staple of this team and he performed extremely well expecially after many trials and many set changes.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly
EVs 252atk / 252 spd / 4 hp

-Substitute
-Protect
-Double-Edge
-Dragon Claw

Fairly simple megamence set, nothing special, his main job was just being OP and running over anything that Bulu was incapable of fighting, mostlyly Poison, Dragon, Fire and Psychic types, his main use was just to cripple physical users, delete dragon dance mons like ZardX and Megados, deal with fighting and bug types, soak up potential fire moves or jebait ice and electric moves onto him so i could use protect and wait for Entei to cripple the enemy enough to be in KO range. He wasn't that special and felt a bit underwhelming, most of the job was being done by Bulu and Entei, however i found him to be a very solid backline mega, the main contendant for that space was Gyarados but i didn't have the patience to breed the easiest and fastest pokemon to breed in the game because i'm lazy. This mon was solid enough and didn't give me any troubles, i thought multiple times about replacing sub with something else but it had some niche spots where it would simply eat a ton of damage and i could alternate it with protect to stall out at much as possible in order to give Entei time to recover through grassy terrain and kill the opponent or let Lucario finish the job on a mon on which i had no advantages.

Didn't have too many notable enemies, what mostly gave me trouble were pokemons who learned ice beam "just because" or if both pokemons were unfavorable matchups for me and wouldn't let me "off the hook" that was the alternation of Substitute and Protect.

Anabel's team:

Entei3 (i think) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
EVs 252 spatk / 252 spd / 4 hp
-Eruption
-Solar Beam
-Fire Blast
-Extrasensory

You know him, you live him, you'd bash his head in with a hammer, Hentai3 is the [FOURTH] fastest pokemon in the whole tree, [THIRD] if you count out the fact that Aero1 stops existing around 30 wins, his job was just one which was to just spam Eruption and obliterate and cripple anything in front of him and he did a god damn amazing job... when he did... As with any multi battle, the AI just counts the highest damage number, the fact that Eruption has a base 150 damage at MAX HP makes the move the best option... unless you have a 4x weakness to grass and in that case you would have a fast Slaking without the same firepower and without the amazing attack animation. Entei was the lead alongside bulu and their job was to filter anything that would >most likely< counter MLucario and MSalamence and whatever Bulu was incapable of fighting, their powers combined were capable of KOing most mons when they focused, mostly bulu with a low-recoil Wood Hammer thanks to Entei's crippling.

His main weakness was anything that was capable of making it unable to spam Eruption, wheter trough bullshit OP abilities that shouldn't exist like Pressure, status like Sleep, Paralyze, and sheer brute force by removing it from the battlefield, also anything capable of soaking both an attack from him and Bulu.

Lucario3 @ Lucarionite
Jolly (i think)
EVs 252 atk / 252 spd / 4 HP

-Close Combat
-Blaze Kick
-Bullet Punch
-Rock Slide

This guy was, in my opinion the "Get out of jail" card of the team, many times due to my inexperience i fucked up so badly that i managed to get both Bulu and Mence utterly murdered, this resulted in a likely crippled Entei which would just spam one last 25%hp eruction just to die to someone farting in his general direction. This is where megalucario comes in, thanks to flinch from Rock Slide, priority through Bullet Punch, coverage thanks to Blaze Kick (which he used 2 times but whatever) and sheer firepower trough Close Combat, this guy managed to pull me out of the slimiest of situations thanks to his versatility. Although just like mSalamence he felt a tad underwhelming, he was a great mon and just like mSalamence he was an extremely solid backline which could fill out in case Entei died.

His main weakness was anything that was red and had a pair of wings. Most notably Kiawe's smogon bird and Sina's Mandibuzz after 2 Weak Armor procs, luckily enough i encountered no smogon birbs and few Mandibuzz(es) during the run.

battle videos:
78TH WIN BECAUSE WHY NOT I WAS STARTING TO GET MY HOPES UP against Office Worker Jana and Scientist Cal

U3TW-WWWW-WWW9-KCJG

80TH WIN against Plumeria and Ace Granville

S56G-WWWW-WWW9-KCJS

LOSS against Punk Guy Etta and Dancer Tasanee

VAYW-WWWW-WWW9-KCX

Regarding the loss i'd like to tell suicune to go fuck himself, i was unlucky enough to go against Manectric4 which is faster than Entei and ensured in my Bulu's fainting, the game went downhill from there because suicune could easily stall both Entei and Megamence thanks to ice beam and the water typing, the death of Manectric only slammed the final nail as it opened up the spot for a Focus Punch scrafty set which used substitute, made it imossible for my megamence to get the kill and managed to fuck over mLucario once Anabel switched out due to the AI recognizing that Eruption is not worth it once his HP is so low and simply switching out. This put me between the hammer and the anvil with Scrafty building up his focus punch and suicune rendering me unable to attack due to Ice Beam and resisting both Dragon Claw and Double Edge, the game was lost the moment mManectric died and let open for Scrafty and was entirely lost once suicune used rest to heal back up from the damage is tried to desperatly scrape on him. this loss was obviously my fault for not reading the serebii catalogue and the speed tiers, i should have immediatly switched bulu out and started baiting thunders and ice beams left and right with protect on megamence, which would've given Entein enough time to kill off Manec and induce rest on the Suicune, leaving him open for a bulu switch in and weakness to Wood Hammer.

Before ending the post i'd like to thank everyone on the discord who helped me in my quest to get the stamps and who gradually got me more and more into battle facilities, i've been playing this game since Saphire and i never bothered with battle facilities and only now i see how much i've been missing out, a special thanks goes to Turskain who suggested me to give Bulu the scraf, item which opened up a plethora of possibilities to get that stamp and to get me this far into a streak which as of now is my second longest streak

screenshots of the record lady and of the 69th game because i'm such a funny boy

https://imgur.com/a/VQmWx

Last edited:

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
I added trainer data to the USUM spreadsheet. I don't have trainer names at this point, though. The special trainers are near the bottom. Some of them are new and may be identifiable by the Pokemon they use. Exercise caution if you are trying to avoid that information.

There are three sets listed at the end of that pool that look like they were erroneously pulled in when they were supposed to be grouped with some other data: a Raticate, Arbok, and NFE Golbat, all with max SpA but no special moves, and not very optimal moves either. Unless that's supposed to be some random Rocket Grunt giving you a tutorial of the tree with an easy battle like the Gladion/Hau/Masked Royal demo Battle Royal in the previous games, those three sets don't make any sense.
Those are real movesets. There is a trainer in the game who uses those three Pokemon. I don't know who it is or why they use those Pokemon, though.

*sigh* My fears about triples are all but fully realised :P

Without going into details so people can look themselves if they wish, at least there are many interesting tutor options available. I’ve got plotting to do.
I presume you're talking about Triple Battles? Will there be one in USUM? Definitely missing that format from ORAS. I suppose the 3DS limitations come into effect here, maybe GF can bring it back for Gen 8 on the Switch.

No new battle formats have been added in USUM, not even surprising knowing that the 3DS couldn't really handle them due to the bad optimization of S/M.

There's hope for gen 8, though.

His main weakness was anything that was capable of making it unable to spam Eruption, wheter trough bullshit OP abilities that shouldn't exist like Pressure and Effect Spore
I must say this was my favorite part of your post. Pressure is terrible to 5PP moves, oh yeah. But I entertained Eruption setting off Effect Spore, and I can’t conceive any scenarios where that’d happen for the life of me (no shit.) Such an odd ability to single out either way. I chuckled.

I kinda want to make a claim on Gfaqs of that happening, to rile up the “electric move OHKOd my Garchomp” people

I must say this was my favorite part of your post. Pressure is terrible to 5PP moves, oh yeah. But I entertained Eruption setting off Effect Spore, and I can’t conceive any scenarios where that’d happen for the life of me (no shit.) Such an odd ability to single out either way. I chuckled.

I kinda want to make a claim on Gfaqs of that happening, to rile up the “electric move OHKOd my Garchomp” people

I'm retarded and i should explain why i did the mistake of putting Effect "Bullshit" Spore in there, as a joke i wanted to copypaste the explanation word by word and obviously changing moves, abilities and types it counters. Mid through the writing of that wall of text i just scrapped it and deleted it, in the first draft of the post bulu had that same phrase but with Wood Hammer instead of Eruption, i think i just made it and didn't delete it. Either way i fixed it and took out Effect Spore, thank you for pointing that out.

I shouldn't have written it so late but i was in a bit of a hurry for the PGL closing up this week for the USUM maintenance which would've made the uploading of videos and sharing of QR impossible.

Thank you again for pointing that terrible mistake out.

Also i'd like to point out that i'd love to receive feedback on the team, it was plastered together with hot glue and sent into that dark place while the glue was still cooling off. The original team rotated around Entei annihilating everywith with Eruption under the sun and would also fill in in case a weather setter was to be dropped out.

the original team was:

Charizard @ CharizarditeY
Modest
EVs 252 atk/ 252 spd/ 4 HP
notable IVs 3 atk (too lazy to get a 0)

-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Protect

The premise was very simple, drop out charizard, make it megaevolve, make any weather ability stop existing, make Eruption deal a whopping 225 base damage (at full HP) and make the sun compensate for any type of damage drop due to health drop, make the occasional 4x Sun Beam slip up become a nice super effective hyper beam and 0HKO anything while charizardY would finish off anything left.

On paper that is an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING idea... on paper...

the problems that came with it: the enemy would ALWAYS go for Rock type moves which, if i didn't predict them well would most likely cripple heavily Entei if not straight up kill him and oneshot ZardY. Now you might be asking yourself "hold up but why didn't you use the goddamn solar beam at your advantage and just fuck over anything that had the brown color in their color pallette ?" To That i answer "not fast enough, eruption would deal not enough damage (113 if my brain is functioning well, that woulde 112,5 which results in 113 [i think the game rounds up by adding instead of subtracting, not that it matters anyway]) usually i'd have a hard time switching into Bulu too because if both ZardY's coverage and Entei's nuke bombs were not enough to kill him i'd get fupped heavily as bulu too and i wouldn't be able to kill him, the bulu set i was using at the time was trash. The sun boost from ZardY would also feed into the huge fire weakness my backliners had (lucario and Bulu) which resulted in very unpleasant situations

How i improved it:

I put bulu (thanks to Turskain again for the protip) on the front and gave it scarf, this came with a much more powerful, reliable yet expendable opening capable of helping Entei in more ways than just "more damage xd"

the second partner was a variation of the Bulu i used in the original post

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band and then Rockium-Z
Adamant

-Horn Leech (never used it)
-Wood Hammer
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Protect

I copypasted it from the smogon page for this mon and i feel shame for it, sorry. Bulu's original position was to be a "oh shit" button to press whenever something brown or winged entered the field, this fed only into the additional FLYING weakness of the team which made me almost entirely helpless against flying types. So in a fit of rage i decided to say "fuck it" and give rockium Z to the man to ensure it would oneshot fire and flying types easiy to deal with them, little did i know that bulu's speed is garbage and many flying types outrun it and take a turd on it very easily.

How i improved it:

I completely deleted the idea of having something as slow and damaging as bulu as a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""revenge killer""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""", i gave it choice scarf and moved it to the front. I started using something more solid that a 4x weakness to rock alongside a 2x weakness to rock and i put mSalamence where he used to be. Scarf made it extremely competitive and capable of reaching around 200 speed (too lazy to calculate a lvl 50 bulu with 31 IV in speed and 252 EV in speed + the 50% from scarf, sorry) and run alongside faster mons that countered it and gave me acess to switching to a favorable pokemon capable of eating up his weaknesses (except ice) which would also make the whole problem of "being locked into one move" a lot less annoying.

Last edited:
I brought that up in Discord several days ago, and yes, Togedemaru completely outclasses Aron as level 1 bait now. You'll want Endeavor/Fake Out(?)/Protect(Spiky Shield if you're fine with random Sap Sippers switching in)/Filler (Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Toxic).

Minor USUM move spoiler:
With endeavor / sturdy Togedemaru soon to be a possibility, is Aron's time in the spotlight over? In addition to sand, Togedemaru is immune to paralysis and has some helpful support moves (like spiky shield > protect). RIP FEARon :'(
Yeah I noticed this too. I already bred a few with spiky shield so if anyone needs one let me know. Mine are in fast or heavy balls and have the relevant egg moves.

Edit: with the proper investment, you can give download users the attack boost much more easily than before.

Togedemaru can't learn either Rain Dance or Sunny Day, but still has some useful support moves such as Encore and Electric Terrain, if it complements the team. It also has Reflect (no Light Screen) and Thief as a crapshoot if Berry Juice has been consumed.

If Gen 8 brings back Triples I'll definitely be interested in trying it.

I'm pleased with a lot of the egg move additions, if only because many of those pokes were already in my pool of breedject farming. And then there's random shit like Strength Sap Vileplume that I'll want to add to my roster. I love that move.

UGH. I am only 20 into Super Doubles and I can already tell the team I am running ain't gonna get much further than 50, if it even makes it that far. I already I know that Trick Room and opposing Tailwind will be tricky to handle, but I now realize that without Tapu Lele's Psychic Terrain, my team gets the business from Fake Out users. Since Blastoise's stats aren't very threatening pre-Mega, the AI often snipes Whimsicott with Fake Out. This is bad because Blastoise needs to protect turn 1 usually so that his Water Spout won't get neutered too soon. The only workaround is to Protect Whimsicott and hard switch to Garchomp or Kartana but switching in doubles is a very dangerous thing to do. Especially on turn 2 once the AI can no longer use Fake Out. I am already considering swapping out my Garchomp for my Timid Hyper Trained Lele just to help the team muscle its way to 50 but even that may be a tall order. I can see why there aren't that many successful Tailwind teams now. Trick Room and opposing Tailwind is lame enough. But with all the Fake Out users, it's a pain to just get it up in the first place and it wears out quicker than Trick Room.

It sucks that Tornadus's Flying type makes it unable to use Psychic Terrain naturally as it'd be a way cooler partner for the team as it gets Rain Dance to boost Blastoise. I am actually unironically considering running a Jolly/Naive Tornadus with freaking Iron Ball and Tailwind/Fling(or Protect)/Acrobatics/Rain Dance. (Hilarious thing is that with an Iron Ball attached, Fling would actually smack a lot of Trick Room setters hard). Perhaps Tornadus could work in the back with Blastoise while Lele gets a different partner lead. But in any case, if I get this team to 50, I'll probably switch for a more reliable strategy like Trick Room because this clearly isn't going to survive the onslaught of Legendaries and level 3 and 4 sets that lurk beyond battle 50. Speaking of which...

Togedemaru can't learn either Rain Dance or Sunny Day, but still has some useful support moves such as Encore and Electric Terrain, if it complements the team. It also has Reflect (no Light Screen) and Thief as a crapshoot if Berry Juice has been consumed.

If Gen 8 brings back Triples I'll definitely be interested in trying it.

I'm pleased with a lot of the egg move additions, if only because many of those pokes were already in my pool of breedject farming. And then there's random shit like Strength Sap Vileplume that I'll want to add to my roster. I love that move.
Wow, after all this Aron talk, I decided to watch a video of an FEAR Aron in action on Smogon and this has definitely caught my imagination! Togedemaru sounds like a cool near FEAR mon. Shame it doesnt' get Rain Dance (which is weird since it's an Electric type) because Hail will neuter it but its selling points can't be overlooked. I definitely want to give FEAR a shot once I am done with my current unviable team. I've read into major threats like Water Shuriken, Mold Breaker, etc. I personally like Aromatisse because it has a built in Mental Herb and can use Misty Terrain to help take hax out of the equation. (Fake Out will be annoying though.) Could the Hariyama and Oranguru lead work for it with a second Trick Roomer in the back perhaps? Definitely going to explore this more as I think FEAR hasn't been given enough attention compared to the Maison.

TimG57867 Just dropping by to suggest that HA suicune is available from gen 2 games, which has Tailwind and Inner Focus.

Also if you plan to use Misty Terrain Aromatisse be my guest, I have all the informations you need and all the hate for Grimsley you might even want.

Could the Hariyama and Oranguru lead work for it with a second Trick Roomer in the back perhaps? Definitely going to explore this more as I think FEAR hasn't been given enough attention compared to the Maison.
Assuming you mean for the eventual resurfacing of triples, as there’s not much point in bringing a FEAR poke in the back line; the whole perk was drawing 95% of the attention away from teammates and opening for quick, easy OHKOs in the short time afterward.

Anyway, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work much of the time. VaporeonIce did the same thing for the most part with an M-Audino/Hariyama/Aron core. It’d open the opportunity for two Fake Outs, a blessing with the onset of Megas and with them Beedrill and Sharpedo/Absol, who easily OHKO Oranguru and wouldn’t waste time doing so. That said, Hariyama and Oranguru don’t really have reliable, spammy spread moves that wouldn’t also injure Togedemaru; ideally you would want Dazzling Gleam or something that can easily land a quick hit of at least low double digit damage to ensure KOs of the Endeavor target. With Oranguru/Hariyama you’re pretty much obligated to keep them next to each other so Instruct can be as useful as possible. (Edit: it just occurred to me that Instruct mechanics could very well be updated for Triples and be usable on any teammate or poke regardless of position.)

I would be drawn to imitate my original serious team and try Slowbro again, or perhaps Aromatisse. Someone would prolly replace Camerupt with a good spread move and I’d try a different Mega in the back line. I’d try both Encore for neutering and Electric Terrain for Nature Power shenanigans or buffing the shit out of Mega Ampharos, a favorite of mine. I really like Tangrowth and would be drawn to trying it on a team with multiple ground weaknesses.

Last edited:
ReptoAbysmal we just had a theorygasm on Discord, about Skill Swap Stakataka in Trick Room.

The amount of possibilities, oh gawd (mentioning few: Intimidate from a Scrafty/Hariyama lead who'd get Beast boost, Levitate from a Vikavolt, Sheer Force, etc etc...)

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I’d try both Encore for neutering and Electric Terrain for Nature Power shenanigans or buffing the shit out of Mega Ampharos, a favorite of mine. I really like Tangrowth and would be drawn to trying it on a team with multiple ground weaknesses.
Interesting, what Encore users have you considered? I'm struggling to think of users that would function even moderately well in TR...

I figure that I will take most of your gifts and re-tool them for USUM purposes, but it may be a while before The Room gets another spin...

...I've been very busy lately.

ReptoAbysmal we just had a theorygasm on Discord, about Skill Swap Stakataka in Trick Room.

The amount of possibilities, oh gawd (mentioning few: Intimidate from a Scrafty/Hariyama lead who'd get Beast boost, Levitate from a Vikavolt, Sheer Force, etc etc...)
I know, I’ve been squabbling about it myself ever since the leaks happened. Mine will have Skill Swap at the very least.

By virtue of Rock/Steel typing its SDef doesn’t do it a great deal of favors, but if it’s running a full support set, its Gyro Ball still easily reaches max power and is not much weaker than fully offensive Ferrothorn without any investment. But, yeah, about that Skill Swap! Its physical movepool is sparse but potentially retarded with all of the options many of my existing flunkies could give it. Adaptability or Steelworker Gyro Ball to name two more.

I loved Bulletproof with what little I played with Chesnaught, and skill swapping it patches up one of Staka’s biggest problems, that being the relatively common Focus Blast. I also am not above briefly trying Iron Ball Kommo-o, who looks more attractive with a physical moveset now, and STAB CC is a good place to grab it a Beast Boost.

I'm contemplating going Wide Guard (that thing will make even blissey earthquake), Trick Room, Skill Swap, Iron Head.

The possibilities oh gawd.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I loved Bulletproof with what little I played with Chesnaught, and skill swapping it patches up one of Staka’s biggest problems, that being the relatively common Focus Blast.
While we're kinda on the subject, some of us at the Discord channel are basically starting to jostle for position to see which Trainers try out which HA Alolan starters for Tree first. I know I'm going with Long Reach Decidueye, just because I figure everyone else is disappointed with it already (eat shit, stupid Effect Spore wearers!); paperquagisre is planning around Liquid Voice Primarina; Worldie will definitely be going with Intimidate Incineroar.

While no one here is being bossed or bullied into it, I humbly request that everyone on here carefully consider all three options instead of simply getting in bed with Incineroar immediately. The starters, as a whole, have been badly underrepresented on this thread so far, and I would like to change that for USUM once the HA distribution rolls around.

Interesting, what Encore users have you considered? I'm struggling to think of users that would function even moderately well in TR...
I meant Togedemaru using Encore. For that matter, I can’t think of any pokes of mine that know Encore, either...

Worldie, for all the dismay I had at learning its typing back then, I was really excited by its movepool. Trick Room, Gravity and Skill Swap especially. I’ll try it as a setter at least briefly, tooling with various bulks, but otherwise it’ll more than likely serve as outside support. I need more dedicated Gravity users on top of Wide Guard.

I’m hoping that, being exclusive, they’ll do what they did last time and let us catch multiples of them. Four would be perfect (why do I need four Pheromosa) but I’d happily settle for two. One Sassy and another Brave.

Smuckem I already love LO Primarina and already planned to give Liquid Hyper Voice a shot simply for reliability over Hydro Pump, and ignoring substitute. But I planned to try to work with all three, since they’re all slow. I hope we don’t wait long for them.

While we're kinda on the subject, some of us at the Discord channel are basically starting to jostle for position to see which Trainers try out which HA Alolan starters for Tree first. I know I'm going with Long Reach Decidueye, just because I figure everyone else is disappointed with it already (eat shit, stupid Effect Spore wearers!); paperquagisre is planning around Liquid Voice Primarina; Worldie will definitely be going with Intimidate Incineroar.
I do actually feel Liquid Voice Primarina could have potential in Trick Room as well. I might go as far as running both in fact since the types synergyze extremely well.

It also just ocurred to me that by virtue of being Grass type, Decidueye is immune to Effect Spore regardless of Long Reach. Flame Body and Rough Skin, on the other hand...

Speed is the only negative trait of Primarina in TR. Scientists pack a lot of things that still outspeed 0/0/Negative. It hits extremely hard and has an excellent movepool, and has acceptable bulk. I used it a lot on a mono-water team and it was fantastic.

Not leaderboard eligible yet, but I wanted to post this team before I get completely distracted by USUM and forget what I was using.

Ongoing streak of 501 wins in Super Singles.
No videos yet.
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Psychic
Moonblast
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Fire)

The 3rd time I've posted this same Tapu Lele, can sweep entire teams by herself.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly
Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Double-Edge
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Another familiar face, Mega Salamence exists to sweep and switch-stall bulky EQ users out of PP.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Sassy (0 Spe IV)
Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpD
King's Shield
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword

Aegimence is one of the best singles combos there is, and the leaderboard is proof of that.
A bit different than most Aegis, max SpD to better tank special attacks, SD to patch up its rather poor uninvested Atk, Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword provide nearly perfect coverage.

Aside from this, I think the biggest problem with Multis is the accessibility. In order to get a usable partner, you have to scout them in Singles first... which requires you to play Singles, thus taking away time that you could be playing Multis (it's like you have to play a different mode to even have a chance of starting this one). And everything is random, meaning that you have to actually find (and beat) a good trainer in order to scout them. People in this thread have racked up hundreds of wins looking for specific trainers and never found them.

XY did it better by letting you use your friend list as partners, and it was easier to "scout" people by adding their Friend Code (I know a few people whose trainers with Scarfed Eruption users were popular). ORAS nerfed it by limiting you to 4 preset partners, and then this game added yet another entry barrier, pushing away even more players.
I agree that getting a usable partner is extremely annoying in SM (still no Megagross+P2...), but you can minimize the hunt by scouting the first decent partner you find and building your team around theirs rather than looking for the perfect teammate. It's similar to whether someone chooses to use Salamence/Aegislash/Chansey and spend 30 turns setting up every battle or just stick 2-3 sweepers on a team and see how far it gets.

I'll also say that I preferred ORAS Multi > XY Multi, the preset partners were pretty good and will always be available, even if you start a new game on a new 3DS without any internet access.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)