Reshiram
Tyranitar
Urshifu
Victini
Zarude

screw d rank aha...
ill talk about some notable ones in there:

:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned to S

Zacian-C has a blazing fast speed tier and an unique ability that automatically raises its attack. (Due to Intrepid Sword ban, its power stands out even more.) While it loses its item slot, it still has a Band-equivalent attack boost which makes its offensive capabilities just a bit below the current S rank, Calyrex-S. However, unlike Calyrex, it has an excellent defensive typing and bulk that even rivals Magearna’s, which makes it capable of checking mons such as Yveltal, both Kyurems, Regigigas lacking V-Create, and even Xerneas and Calyrex-S to a lesser extent. It is a good Knock Off absorber and does not fear Poisons. Another great thing about Zacian-C is I find that Strength Sap is basically your only mandantory move; you can go freestyle on the remaining three attacks depending on what your team needs, and thus can also choose your own improof with a lot of room. As the only ISword user, it’s also a great fit on Baton Pass offense teams as well. To sum up, Zacian-C is incredibly strong and versatile while providing valuable defensive utility to teams. It is really easy to fit onto a team, which overall makes me believe that it is on par with Calyrex-S in terms of viability, and should be part of the S Rank.

:xerneas: Xerneas to A+

I think I don’t have to touch on this too much cos berry has already elaborated similar points above, but I want to highlight its really unexplored potential of both physical sets and utility sets, being pheal or not. Physical pheal (play rough/ beak or rend/ dragon dance/ spikes or sap) surprises a lot of defensive counterplay namely Ho-Oh, which this set is easily capable of OHKOing it with Beak/ Rend. Utility sets (pheal or regenvest) with Nuzzle, Moonblast, Knock, QD, Spikes, U-Turn etc are able to mess up a lot of defensive cores as well, while still having a strong STAB and passive recovery.

:zygarde-complete: Zygarde-C in A

It’s ironically one of the best midground to Calyrex-S and Zacian-C, since RegenVest takes 40 max from the strongest Ghost move, while FC sets can still wall Zacian-C despite being weak to Fairy (Play Rough isn’t even necessary on Zac-C). Bounce and trapping sets still work well. The existence of Lance definitely dents its viability a lot, though.

:zekrom: Zekrom to A-

Zekrom hasn’t really dropped in viability, and is still among the best spiker and mixed breakers rn. STAB Beak forces out most of the Bouncers namely Zama-C and Ho-Oh, while Core Enforcer/ Draco Meteor can also dent Bounce Giratina and Zygod. A lot of room for creativity as well, esp pheal variants.

:kyogre: Kyogre in B+

I really don’t know about this one. Water is an excellent defensive type physically, but Kyogre only outclasses other Waters in terms of special bulk. FC sets are indeed promising, but doesn’t Fini and Palkia do that better? I don’t think berry’s argument of it being good in the past 3 gens is valid, RegenVest Pogre was a great blanket special check but not really in gen8; though I can agree that pheal sets are still great. I don’t think Kyogre really needs a rise rn, as a result. someone lmk how kyogre works please

:palkia: Palkia to B+

I was originally putting this in B for its mixed Adapt set, but I remembered about FC and that should make a B+ nom promising. So first its Adapt set is really annoying to face, with Adapt + Lustrous Orb boosting all its STABs by 1.6x, making Rend and Draco Meteor hit extremely hard. Not to mention the two moves synergizes really well, with Rend 2HKOing Xern, Yvel, Umbreon (potential checks to Meteor) while Meteor handily OHKOs Dragons like Tina. It can also fit in Steam Eruption for FC Steels. Anyway, the FC set is just as good (Scald/ Core/ Recover/ whatever), forcing out the majority of physical attackers with Burn chance (Zac-C) and nullifying pheal (Regigigas). It still hits decently hard while having a slot for pivoting or Knock.

:pheromosa: Pheromosa to B+

Pheromosa in D rank is absolute bullshit imo: Its unrivaled speed in competitive play (yes, screw you regieleki and ninjask) makes it capable of revenge-killing the majority of offensive powerhouses, including but not limited to Calyrex-S, Zacian-C and Regigigas. Accessibility to STAB U-Turn lets it generate momentum really well throughout a match, especially when paired with a slow pivot such as Zygarde-C. It’s not like it couldn’t break walls either: It cleanly OHKOs/ 2HKOs Zama-C, Umbreon, Registeel, Zygod, non-FC Tina, Yveltal and more just with a basic U-Turn/ CC/ Knock/ Lance set. It can also be a great offensive pivot if you change the set to Magic Guard + Life Orb. I often find myself using Phero solely because I need a way to force out Calyrex, where it is the only mon capable of outspeeding without Scarf. I think mixed sets could have potential as well but it’s pretty unexplored rn. However, Phero offers little to no defensive utility which makes me believe that it should not be placed in A ranks, and thus should reside in B+.

:tapu fini: Tapu Fini to B+

Fini checks most of the Dragons excellently, compared to Xern, it has an added resistance to Rend, VC and Lance, making it a better check to most physical Dragon-types. I find it much more useful on ladder due to additionally checking Palkia, Reshiram, and both Kyurems. It has a wide range of viable sets as well, Bounce, FC and pheal all work excellently. Also STAB Flip Turn is cool.

:heatran: Heatran to B

Heatran is an excellent check to Xerneas, Zacian-C, both Kyurems, Kartana and more due to its excellent defensive typing. It is capable of running various defensive sets namely FC/ Scales but I think Bounce is the best set of the lot, denying Zacian-C Strength Sap, Xerneas Sap/ Spikes, Normalize Calyrex-S (esp Ice Techno Blast variants) and Regigigas Spikes, often walling their full set combined with Heatran’s super long list of resistances. However, it has a glaring double weakness to EQ/ Earth Power, two really common coverage moves, while CC and Rend is also common among physical attackers, so it needs quite a bit of team support to scout for these moves to do its job. Unlike the superior Steel, Zama-C, it actually has a Psychic and Fairy resistance, as well as a much better mu against Ice-types, which should let it have a place in the B rank.

:volcanion: Volcanion to B-

I think Volcanion's double resistance to Ice and Steel gives it a niche as an FC mon that checks Zac-C and Kyurem-B. Its STABs are pretty promising and hits decently hard, but its overreliance on Boots and weakness to Beak somewhat hinders how well it can wall.

Last edited:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi gamers, I'm here to bump this thread because the VR needs a major update to reflect the meta now that Calyrex-Shadow is in the shadow realm.

From what I've seen in the meta so far, it doesn't look like all that much will change in terms of which mons are viable but rather what moves and abilities they run (like Magic Bounce, Corrosive Gas, Glare, etc). It is clear that mons like Xerneas and Zamazenta-C are near the very top right now, with guys like Eternatus, Giratina, Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Zacian-C not too far behind them. Other guys like Palkia and Calryex-Ice are rising with some creative sets out there and others like Lunala, Dawn Wings, and Mewtwo could even creep their way back in the rankings with Calyrex-Shadow gone.

Reminder: You can nominate for subranks A+/A- and B+/B- now, but we're keeping everything else (S, C, and D) without subranks.
New nominations and rises/drops are (very much needed and) more than welcome!

My personal Viability Rankings because I might as well just start from scratch since there are no subrank/ Hot takes below:

S
Chansey / Blissey (Imposter)
Zamazenta-C: this mon is just very very consistent. FC, Ice scales, Unaware, Regenvest, Prankster, and Triage / Unburden Drum are all great. Being able to switch into xern at +0 speed, take neutral damage and still beat it is extremely useful as well. I have too many good things to say about this mon. It also only takes about half from full powered Eternatus Dragon Energy with no ability, so it can come in on that too.

A+ Rank
Xerneas: easy pick here. Pixilate and Ph sets are both great. It's also got a great speed tier, outspeeding even Zacian-C after a Rapid Spin. Being able to go mixed is extra-nice too, and definitely unexplored. Utility sets are okay, but squander its potential a bit. Being able to dissuade Etern from clicking Dragon Energy is really nice. It is definitely concerning that it lets in Zacian-C for free if it gets a kill, and you will want to account for that, which is part of the reason why it isn't S rank. It definitely benefits from Caly-S being gone, as that mon could outspeed and almost kill it from full and it can't actually ohko it back, nor could it really handle entrain sets.
Zacian-C: a controversial pick but hear me out: this mon forces so much from your opponent that it has to be here. With the right combo of moves, no team is safe, unless they run scarf Imposter, and even that can fail if Zac-c can hit the field with a Substitute up even one time. That's not that hard to do. It's got plenty of bulk to take a hit, resists all sorts of types, it doesn't even have to run four attacks to put in work since it can just run Spikes or Strength Sap or even Baton Pass to pass its boosts. VFB, Glacial Lance and Thousand Arrows give it an embarrassment of coverage riches too. It's also insanely fast, which doesn't help.

A Rank
Giratina: Giratina is very solid in this meta, with great physical bulk and typing to resist physical moves. Prankster, Magic Bounce, and Fur Coat are all good, Poison Heal and Regenvest are okay. Being able to hold Griseous Orb and be immune to knock Off and Trick/Switcheroo are insanely important because almost everything else is vulnerable to it. Blocking Spins from regenvesters is also neat. Stab on Core Enforcer and Spectral Thief with a respectable 100 offensive stat to back them up is also a nice plus.
Regigigas: This has become one of the best and easiest to use ph sweepers, though one of Zamac and Giratina always stands in its way depending on the coverage move. Glacial lance is great for it, nixing Zyg-C as a possible counter and making Giratina fear the 2hko after a little bit of chip. Being able to beat out other PH sweepers because it can boost faster is also great for it. It even beats Zacian-C, assuming that they come in at the same time.

A- Rank
Ho-Oh: great combo of offensive and defensive qualities. Having stab on V-Create and Sacred Fire, 130 attack, , and access to stab Aerilate moves, makes it surprisingly easy to predict the opponent's switch in many cases, allowing for easy positioning. Volt Absorb is underrated but pretty solid as well. I've even seen regenvest used to good success, despite the 50% from Stealth Rock. I think Aerilate will still be the best set, especially as people begin using Spectrier and Blacephalon more, since they get easily 2hkoed by an espeed. Being able to switch into zerns is pretty neat too. Even non Volt Absorb beats Thundercage xerns if they run Rapid Spin. It can handle all of the dangerous Fighting types except Urshifu too. It is, however, deathly afraid of Thousand Arrows. Bolt Beak is instant death for non-Volt sets as well, and these two weaknesses drag it down a fair amount.
Palkia: Offensive PH sets can easily snowball out of control. Non PH offensive sets can get a few surprise KOs with Rain up as well, which is very neat. Defensively, FC looks to be pretty solid against VFB and Kartana, unlike Swampert, but having to flee at the sight of Xerneas is a strike against it. I haven't used it much, but from the times I've played against it, it's always put in some work if it can avoid status moves.

B+ Rank
Eternatus: A very useful defensive typing gives this bulky mon even higher bulk than expected. It is one of the few mons that can switch directly into Xerneas, outspeed it, and deal huge damage with a Poison move. Offensive Dragon Energy sets are actually quite dangerous if the opponent lacks a Fairy, Zamazenta-Crowned, Non Imposter Chansey or an Ice Scales Steel. Defensive sets are pretty bad right now, thanks to the popularity of Glacial Lance and the fact that if they go defensive, they are too fast to actually suppress any consequential abilities with Core Enforcer. Caly-s's removal was a godsend because it could never hope to beat Caly-S, which was one of its best checks.
Yveltal: not needed nearly as much since Caly-S is banned, and defensive sets don't even stop the deadliest special attackers in the tier which are Xerneas, Dragon's Maw Etern and Kyurem-W. With the most dangerous Palk set being mixed, it can't really stop that either. Offensive sets can put in work under the right conditions, but those can be hard to set up. I miss Beak Blast ...
Zygarde-C: Zygarde-C is a sturdy tank, if the opponent doesn't hit one of its weaknesses, in which case it just sort of falls over. Ironically, I think it might be better as a special AV user than a physical tank, as with AV boosted bulk it can actually eat a Xerneas Boomburst or a Dragon Energy from Etern and Metal Burst back, but still, I wouldn't rely on it. Offensive Gambit sets are very dangerous though as proven by Worldcup.
Swampert: FC sets can easily take anything from Zacian-C with some room for utility moves like Spikes or Knock Off. Being a Ground-type that doesn't die to Glacial Lance is really great as well. Too bad you can only boost one of its defenses and the other one's just bad, but the demand for physical walls is as high as ever which is why it's up here. This one is close to A- Rank imho though.

B
Groudon / Kartana: These are both powerful physical mons. I don't really care for defensive Groudon, but I've lately been trying band offensive don and it's great. Kartana is pretty solid as well for a similar reason. They both have the problem that they don't live long enough, because there's not enough room to fit Strength Sap on them.
Kyurem-W: If it weren't for the rocks weakness, this mon would be at least A- rank. It does have a few major roadblocks such as scales Heatran and Zamac, and it's slow so it has plenty of checks, but Refrigerate definitely pulls its weight. Scarf sets aren't evne that bad either. PH QD doesn't seem that great, but I haven't tried it so maybe it's better than I expected.
Dialga: Without too much bias in any stat, Dialga is a solid jack of all trades tank. I really like Magic Bounce and Ice Scales sets, the latter of which can hold back Xerneas. It's weak to some high profile types like fighting and Ground, but it's not the worst thing, as it also resists some other types like Steel, Electric and Water. Stab Core Enforcer and Doom Desire is great too.
Rayquaza: A sleeper pick, but I think it deserves this rank. It can attack on either category, and respectable speed too. The rocks weakness is bad, but Triage can clear that up okay. Band Tinted Lens looks formidable too. I could see it running an unburden set well too.

B- Rank
Kyogre: Kyogre's stats are pretty much overshadowed by Palkia's with the exception of its bulk, giving it a niche as a defensive Poison Heal user. Regenvest might also be an okay try, but it doesn't resist enough types to be promising. Definitely an asset on rain teams though.
Necro-DM: Necro-Dm has very respectable bulk and a high attack stat to keep it from being overly passive. Fur Coat is actually pretty sturdy, except for against V-Create and STAB boosted Thousand Arrows.
Zekrom: A unique typing and stab on bolt Beak brings this one up. I really like that it can run mixed sets with Draco Meteor, though it's probably at about the level of other wallbreakers. Being weak to all the high profile types really drags it down. The sad part is that in my opinion, there are better dragons and better Bolt Beak users than Zekrom.
Golisopod: Borderline to C rank but FC can handle VFB and Glacial Lance from even the strongest choiced attackers. Having STAB on U-turn is really solid too. The problem is that it lets in pivots if it's not U-TUrning, which it will have to do eventually when it clicks recover. It also feels very susceptible to losing its Heavy Duty boots.
Calyrex-Ice: Excellent bulk and high attack allow it to be a capable late game sweeper. Simple, PH, Tinted Lens and Refrigerate all have solid use. Its weaknesses to many high profile types is balanced by its huge bulk, letting it sit on hits from utility mons. Weaknesses to rocks is rough for it though.

C Rank (no more write ups because I'm tired)
Blacephalon
Darmanitan-Zen
Heatran
Kyurem-B
Magearna
Melmetal
Mewtwo
Pheromosa
Regieleki
Registeel
Reshiram
Solgaleo
Spectrier
Type: Null

D Rank
Celesteela
Dragapult
Giratina-O
Lugia
Marshadow
Pikachu
Regirock
Steelix
Suicune
Tapu Fini
Tyranitar
Umbreon
Urshifu
Volcanion

So following the ban of Calyrex SR there is going to be a dramatic shift in viablity. So I created a potential tier list to reflect some of the major changes to the metagame:

S

Zacian
Chansey (Imposter)
Blissey(Imposter)

A+

Xerneas
Zamazenta- C

A

Giratina
Ho-Oh
A-

Regigigas
Eternatus

B+

Dialga
Zygarde
Reshiram
Palkia
Zekrom
Kyogre

B

Groudon
Cramorant
Pheromosa
Magearna
Ferrothorn
Tapu Fini
Blacephelon
Yveltal
Calyrex IR
Regileki

B-

Swampert
Kyurem Black
Kyurem White
Kartana
Solgaleo

C+
Lunala
Suicune
Chansey(Defensive)
Registeel
Necrozma DM
Zamazenta
Tyranitar
C
Aegislash
Pikachu

C-

Spectrier
Giratina O
Lugia

D.

Xurkitree
Mewtwo
Melmetal
Doublade
Heatran
Volcanion
Dragapult
Zacian
Landorus T
Umbreon
Major Changes to the Meta:

Increases in Viability:

*Mixed Dragons: With the banning of Calyrex SR slower threats such as Palkia, and Reshiram spiked in viablity since they not longer feared being revenge killed by the faster and stronger Calyrex SR.

*Zacian: Zacian regained it's crown as the fastest attacker in BH with the Calyrex ban and now only fears being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users and the rare Regileki.

*Fairy and Steel walls : The rise of mixed Dragons also has lead to increased usage of their corresponding walls, such as Flash Fire Ferrothorn, Tapu Fini and Magearna

Decreases in Viability

*Eternatus: With Calyrex gone more teams are able to run Ice Scales steel types. Additionally Increased usage of Fairy types such as Zacian and Magearna cut greatly into it's ability to wallbreak.

*Dark Types: With the Banning of Calyrex SR Dark Types such as Yveltal lost thier niche as effective special walls. The only remianing Moongeist user is Blacephelon which is rare and is better handled by Tyrantitar anyhow.

Last edited:
Since I want the VR to be revamped asap, I don't think I'd make a brand new vr off the new meta, plus I don't even know what is actually good given ladder is not reliable and tour games are simply dragon spam, drum spam and gambit spam.
Green = Rise, Red = Drop
S Rank
Zacian @ Rusted Sword

A+ Rank
Imposter (Blissey)
Xerneas
Zamazenta-Crowned

A Rank
Giratina
Ho-Oh
Imposter (Chansey)
Regigigas
Zygarde-C

A- Rank
Eternatus
Palkia
Yveltal
Zekrom

B+ Rank
Kyogre
Pheromosa
Tapu Fini
Rayquaza

B Rank
Darmanitan-Z
Dialga
Groudon
Heatran
Kartana
Kyurem-B
Reshiram
Solgaleo

B- Rank
Calyrex-I
Kyurem-W
Magearna
Registeel
Volcanion

C+ Rank
Ferrothorn
Giratina-O
Necrozma-DM
Snorlax
Steelix
Swampert
Umbreon
Zamazenta
Tapu Koko

C Rank
Melmetal
Suicune
Regieleki

C- Rank
Buzzwole
Celesteela
Cramorant
Dragapult
Golisopod
Incineroar
Lugia
Nihilego
Imposter (Pikachu)
Tyranitar
Urshifu
Victini

screw d rank aha...
- I dropped all the Dark-types, namely Yveltal and Umbreon, also I duplicated Regigigas in the last post where it was meant to be A+, and now it's A. Obviously due to the loss of defensive utility against Calyrex, but I think Regigigas has not dropped in its breaking power, while Yveltal is kinda unexplored so I put it in A- for now.
- Some notable meta rises are Imposter Blissey which even I enjoyed using it (anyone who know me know that I never use imposter fsr) and Chansey kinda dropped off for a bit, so I seperated the two mons.
- Palkia is really really good on both dragon spam and rain, even without these archetypes it's one of the best FC user by resisting Sunsteel Strike and forcing out basically everything with Scald and Core Enforcer, acting as one of the best checks to Zacian-C.
- FC Giratina is another incredible physical wall, often taking only ~30% from Glacial Lance from strong breakers like Zacian-C and Kartana. PHeal sets are a great asset to stall teams, being incredibly hard to wear down while having room for utility like Spikes, Teleport, Scald etc. Also benefits from Calyrex's ban greatly.
- Reshiram and Solgaleo are another two winners from the ban, the former being an incredible asset on dragon spam due to Fire typing and having great general defensive utility, while the latter is a great FC wall with good utility options.
- Magearna is one of the sturdiest options you can have against dragon spam, being immune to Dragon means you can opt to run Flash Fire for V-create on draon spam, since even Zama-C has to run Ice Scales to reliably check Dragon's Maw boosted Dragon Energy. Also immune to Eternatus Sludge Wave, which is usually used to dismantle Fairy-types like Xerneas.
- I kinda forgot Ferrothorn's existence in the first post, and it's another good defensive pivot, namely in Magic Bounce sets. Flash Fire sets also work, and can help in checking dragon spam. Both sets can check Zacian-C given the right set.
- Cramorant was brought up a week or so ago and it has the niche of giving a bunch of recoil + Paralysis via Gulp Missile and Rocky Helmet, and I believe that physically defensive sets can make it worth a spot in C-. Could rise to C if more cool sets are discovered.
- Lastly, I've discovered Tapu Koko as a super super cool offensive cleaner with the combination of Magnet Bolt Beak + Pixilate Boomburst synergizing extremely well. Boomburst kills FC Dragons while Beak deals with Scales Steels. This combination forces out the majority of the meta and 2HKO's even Regigigas and Zama-C, which also gives it a lot of turns to use Rapid Spin. XxSevagxX back me up for this :)
Rises
Imposter (Blissey) A --> A+
Giratina A- --> A
Palkia B+ --> A-
Solgaleo C+ --> B
Reshiram C- --> B
Magearna C+ --> B-
Ferrothorn UR --> C+
Tapu Koko UR --> C+
Cramorant UR --> C-

Drops
Yveltal A+ --> A-
Umbreon B --> C+
Incineroar C --> C-
Calyrex-Shadow S --> UR
Zarude C- --> UR
Again, this is just my personal vr, so feel free to suggest changes to it. thanks for reading

Last edited:
I support lph with his nomination of koko to C+. Electric + Fairy is super strong in the meta, and Tapu Koko works great as a midgame disrupter / late game sweeper. It is outclassed by Xerneas and Magearna in these roles, but has the niche of resisting bolt beak and out speeding base 100 mons even with a neutral speed nature allowing it to take full advantage of its stab bolt beak (hits harder than Zeraora and is faster than Zek)

Every generation has its legends and underdogs, from Mewtwo to Darmanitan-Z. Further, every generation has its legendary birds from Moltres, to Ho-Oh, to Yveltal, and this generation we even saw Galarians-Forms of some of them like Moltres, or the Thunderbird Zapdos.
Unfortunately, none of the new birds were really legendary in battle... even with useful typing, signature moves...

Instead, we have the underdog bird...
Move over Fire and birds, there is a new Shiny Orange Water feathered flock of friends carrying a freaking Surfing Pikachu in its mouth! And it looks... Fishous!

Rendy to take the 2-in-1 signature ability mantle our recently banned Calyrex-S brought to the table, it’s time to Hang-10 and nominate the newest edition of a 2-in-1 ability Pokémon... the Flip Turning, (but not Flopping) Cramorant-Gorging form!

EFA82DA1-D78D-4D94-9836-D1AC78397610.gif

I have seen my main BH thread post take off, and have come to face this Pokémon against my own peers and even inspired some council to take part of this newest, almost forgotten tool in Gulp Missile, where it spits its own catch at the opponent if any damaging move hurts it (even Special / non-contact).

This is a game-changer bc it makes it the single best switch-in to punish a foe’s damaging move, thanks to always cutting down the enemies HP by a flat 25%, then if holding a Pikachu, paralyzing it. With the implications like paralyzing Scarf Imposter, and pairing well with Endure, it can make an opponent hesitant to even use an attack, plus it also cannot lose its ability to an opponent’s Entrainment, etc.

Lastly, Cramorant crams in reusability thanks to reactivating the ability each time it used Surf, or switches out / in, turning a commonly used vanilla non-effect move (and former HM favorite) into a signature effect move for its own strategies. Talk about “diving deep” into the mechanics and surprising us all... 7 generations after Surf debuted!

Additionally, its excellent typing affords it key resistances VS Fishous Rend, Sunsteel Strike, V-Create, Close Combat, as well as utility moves like U-Turn, Flip Turn, and Rapid Spin. It also carries a respectable immunity to most hazards as well as Ground moves, allowing it come in more times than you would expect for something with only average OU-ish stats.
Hint: Not
1611124234078.jpeg
My nomination is for Cramorant-Gorging to become the newest, and most unique member of the C rank

Where D feels more like bottom of the fishing barrel, Cramorant is a riding-waves-high type of Bird, that can allow you to turn the tide of battle with a quick pivot to and back out again, sending a nasty Pikachu Missile (Surprise!) along the way.

Overall, this beyond-niche pick will catch your opponent off guard, and serve as an almost passive Taunt so that they lose momentum while you continue to “Gulp” away their hopes for a win.
Cramorant-Gorging form has more general implications, and is deserving of my C-rank nomination because it can partner nicely on Stall, Balance, etc. teams without necessarily feeling like it’s only filling one small purpose... instead it functions as an immediate deterrent to offensive, and even many utility moves, that your opponent would pack anyway, and allows for re-usability over the match thanks to Endure, Roost, and Surf allowing it to continue its Gulp Missile effect from start to finish!

Swoop in and catch this 2-in-1 Pokémon, you may be just as shocked at how effective it is in battle, as your opponent will be for not predicting their attack backfired watered!
Did I make my post punny? Cuz I think it’s... Gorgeous!

1A62910E-0AA9-491F-B258-15C3CD5F8BC4.jpeg

P.S. I made this Pokémon popular, so I get all of the credit! Yippee for me! :blobuwu:

#Darm-Z2.0

What better way to get my Smog-on, than to get my Smug-on? Amirite?

Puns are fun!

Sword’s Pokedex-

It's so strong that it can knock out some opponents in a single hit, but it also may forget what it's battling midfight. :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hello Crewmates! It has come to my attention that among all the Pokemon on the VR, there is one that truly deserves the title of "Unviable Loser".....I wasn't sure who it was but thanks to the help of a certain Pokemon I was able to figure it out.............

:xerneas: UNVIABLE LOSER. B+ RANK. ph xern simply does not feel very relevant right now, spikes are easy to remove especially from him, scales sends him directly to hell. pixilate is a little better but still isnt exactly a mon you can invest in. counters are everywhere and are very diverse including hooh, steels, numerous regenvest users and of course scales. just doesnt feel as flexible as it should be.
:amoonguss: to c cause hes a good poison

:cramorant: to c. unironically pretty solid and a tremendous pain to play against. gulp missile maintaining gorging on switch is a really jank mechanic and i would like this to get tested on cart if possible
:slowking-galar: to b-. this is the best poison in the meta, i ran regenvest with sludge bomb/spectral/spin/uturn, you can threaten giras with a sludge bomb poison to get em out of there. hes not super fragile and prone to randomly dying like nihilego, while at the same time he is beefy enough to withstand hits from the more offensive xerns.
:spiritomb: to c. ph sab!!!!!!!!! he is back
:zarude: directly to hell. rip monke

HIGH RANKED NOMINATIONS (NOT FOR PLAYERS BELOW ELO 1700)
:ho-oh: down to b. really not feelin this mon, he really lacks flexibility due to being locked into boots and simply is not posing enough of a threat offensively. at best you can do like 3atks bolt vcreate glance which still loses to any fc. not happy at all with this pokemon
:yveltal: maybe down to b? not sure at all cause triage feels like it should never be below a, but non triage sets simply do not feel on the same level unless loser is working his dark magic with them.
:zygarde-complete: down to b for sure. this mon feels terrible and unreliable considering any physical attacker can run glacial lance to instantly kill you. not sure what this is supposed to check at all. i guess you beat spectrier and can gambit guys? idk
:regigigas: maybe up to a. not certain on this. im not super big on regi cause he resists nothing, but ph does have a pretty great range of flexibility and spdef probably still finds niches despite bozo being gone.
:solgaleo::necrozma-dusk-mane: maybe up to b. again not sure but they are nice as alternatives to zamac with fc (fc zamac feels dumb, these feel a lot less dumb)
:calyrex-ice: up to c? this guys solid and can be really annoying to take down especially when hes burning all your spectral users and spamming spikes. think the hype might be a bit too far cause he cant do everything in 1 set (glance/spear/sacred fire/wisp/spikes/shield/uturn/pblades all feel necessary)

Oh, I meant to add a nomination, and it is Thundurus-Therian to C rank.

92819055-FCBE-4A82-B953-F7987FAC1BCF.jpeg

Ideal Triage user thanks to Dual STAB to threaten SpD walls like Ho-Oh, Kyogre, and maintain immunity to Paralysis to perfectly check Cramorant-Gorging (and heal damage in the process).

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Parabolic Charge vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre: 413-486 (102.2 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Parabolic Charge vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Ho-Oh: 382-452 (91.8 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Thundurus-Therian also outspeeds and resists its rival Triage users in Yveltal and Rayquaza, forcing even Core Enforcer Rayquaza out, who often have to settle for 1 priority move. Also, Improofing is easy with a Dazzling user who resists its coverage moves (Earth Power / Moongeist Beam, etc.)

It’s Speed tier uniquely helps it outspeed key walls like Solgaleo when opting for Moongeist Beam as the coverage move, and breaks barriers with resistances to key types in Steel (Sunsteel Strike, Anchor Shot), and Flying, and neutrality to Electric (Bolt Beak / Volt Switch), as well as Fairy, allowing it to maintain better HP throughout the match.

1. Ultimately, when you consider yourself in need of a SpA Triage user, look no further than Thunderous-Therian.

Last edited:
:cramorant: to c. unironically pretty solid and a tremendous pain to play against. gulp missile maintaining gorging on switch is a really jank mechanic and i would like this to get tested on cart if possible
I normally don't (feel informed enough to) post here, but I already asked the SwSh mechanics guys to test Cramorant-Gorging on cart, and their results in https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-battle-mechanics-research.3655528/post-8714324 indicate that Pokemon Showdown has hacked-in Cramorant-Gorging behaving correctly, including always switching in as Gorging.

A-> S
Quite literally the most splashable defensive threat in the tier rn. Between Ice Scales, Fur Coat, Magic Bounce, and RegenVest sets, Zama-C can check a slew of threats and can be slapped on practically any team to account for big time offensive threats such as Zacian-C, Regigiggas, Eternatus, Palkia and many other miscellaneous pokemon makes it quite invaluable in the tier right now. Its typing and stats allows it to run a wide array of coverage option that makes it quite annoying to switch into and make progress against. While its defensive qualities alone should warrant a rise to S rank, offensive sets are also noteworthy (more specifically Belly Drum + Unburden sets) and just adds to its versatility and unpredictability as defensive / offensive threat. Overall, people have already stated what already needs to be said regarding this nomination but I wanted to emphasize my support for this.

B -> A
While Zama-C, Zygarde-C, and Giratina are all common defensive pivots that can check Regi, I still believe that it is one of the best wincons in the tier. While its movepool options are not as customicable as other pokemon in the A rankings as Facade, Shift Gear and even Spore are quite hard to forego, the last moveslot really enables Regi to beat certain checks depending on what it chooses to run. Knock Off is the most common last option seen for sure, but other options like Avalanche, Earthquake and Substitute all have merit and make Regi really hard to deal with when trying to deal with its boosted attacks.

A ->B
Agree with this nomination too. Ho-Oh just struggles with the uptrend of threats like Palkia, Barraskewda, and Zekrom just makes Ho-Oh harder to function in general. I still think Aerilate sets have a lot of merit and definitely brought some overall viability to its arsenal, however it still does not justify it being as high as it is considering recent meta trends being unfavorable to it.

C -> B

Really been liking this pokemon and the array of sets it can run. Fur Coat and Poison Heal sets being the main ones of course since they are quite annoying to switch into without hard checks such as Tapu Fini and niche sets like Dry Skin Magearna thanks to the STAB it gains from great moves like Fishious Reind, Core Enforcer, and Dragon Energy. Its also an excellent Rain abuser (a playstyle that is surprisingly picking up in usage) which just further amplifies its impact on the tier. I can see this threat rising in due time, but for now, I think a rise in B is more then justified.

I dont want to make a super long post, but I also want to show support for nominations in lowering Zygarde-C, ranking Cramorant (really annoying mon btw and janky as hell), and a rise for Calyrex-I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)