*Big* News for breeding in XY.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For the record, an NPC (where was him? I THINK that in the monorail town) says that Pokemon eggs are not really eggs, but a cradle of some kind. And Pokemon breeding is as much a mystery in-game as it has always been. I think that the developers want us to believe in some "stork hypothesis", but take from that what you will.

Regardless, a somewhat stupid question: in Chesnaught's thread over at UT, a poster said that by breeding a female Chesnaught and a male Breloom, he could get a Chespin with Drain Punch. Several other posters said that they had no success in obtaining that move by using a male Smeargle or Mienfoo in the process. In the off-chance that the first poster wasn't mistaken, has the move-inheritance mechanics changed, i.e.: can some parents pass the move down while others can't? EXTREMELY unlikely, I know, but it doesn't hurt asking.
No.

afaik the power item will lock one of the 5 IV's chose by Destiny Knot, so using both is mostly a waste (especially because of nature-passing, yes)
i've tried this for a while (to get flawless smeargle) but it seems like one cancels out the other. maybe i'm just unlucky though.

Hi guys I'm breeding a modest swift swim horsea I currently have a few 31/31/31/31/x/31 males I'm willing to trade for another with 5 perfect stats but with a SpA of 31 where mine are missing.

Other similar egg groups would also be fine as I have one female with the same stats.

Please let me know if you would like to trade.

My friend number is

0877-0732-0713

Thanks

Having a flawless Ditto would make things SO much easier. We have to wait until Pokemon Bank for that I guess. The Destiny Knot makes things easier but I still get boxes full of bad eggs.

i've tried this for a while (to get flawless smeargle) but it seems like one cancels out the other. maybe i'm just unlucky though.
It doesn't make you pass down a total of 6 iv's if that's what you mean by "cancel it out." The power items are still useful to use with destiny knot, but only in breeding another line of quad perfect pokemon to go for quint after you already have your quad pokemon with desired nature.

For example, you have a timid abra with 31/x/31/31/31/x. You want one with 31 in speed obviously. Well, an easy way to do that is breed that abra with a ditto with 31 in speed using the power anklet and destiny knot so you can probably get one of the opposite gender with 31 speed and a few more 31 iv's to make chaining one with 31/x/31/31/31/31 quicker.

Last edited:
Okay, not sure why is this happening, but I am still getting 4 IVs (31/x/x/31/31/31 or 31/x/31/31/31/x) for my Froakie. Both parents have IVs of 31/x/31/31/31/x and 31/x/x/31/31/31. Not matter what I can never get to 5. Am I missing something?

Okay, not sure why is this happening, but I am still getting 4 IVs (31/x/x/31/31/31 or 31/x/31/31/31/x) for my Froakie. Both parents have IVs of 31/x/31/31/31/x and 31/x/x/31/31/31. Not matter what I can never get to 5. Am I missing something?
No, your luck with the RNG is just pretty bad then haha

I've got two 6/6 inkays breeding, both with suction cups, and it seems like most of the baby's are suction cups too.

Is this just RNG or are the parents effecting the abilities too? (this is getting crazy, i've been at this for HOURS and not got a good contrary one, but 4 perfects and 2 missing spa.atk all cups)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've got two 6/6 inkays breeding, both with suction cups, and it seems like most of the baby's are suction cups too.

Is this just RNG or are the parents effecting the abilities too? (this is getting crazy, i've been at this for HOURS and not got a good contrary one, but 4 perfects and 2 missing spa.atk all cups)
It is likely that the mother passes on her ability, so it is likely that your offspring will have Suction Cups.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

In B2W2 it was changed so that the mom's ability had a much higher chance of being passed down.

Hello guys.

Haven't posted in here for a few years. But yeah I am making a comeback into Pokemon and am actually already breeding some Pokemon now that everything is easier this gen. (Used to be a 100% simulator player when I used to play)

That said, anyone here who have spare female Togepi/Togetic? I just managed to get a Murkrow with 4 31s and I'm planning on breeding for a Nasty Plot Togekiss.

PM me if you can help.

Okay, finally got my contrary one, final count was 6 perfect IVs, 4 missing SPA.

Maybe there is some mechanic that if it's 5 there is a higher chance for all 6? or if both parents are perfect or something?

Could also just be RNG on my face, but the ratio should have been more like 1-6 instead of 3-2 and i bread quite a few.

So I have been trying to breed a quint flawless Froakie with Protean. Next step for me was to get a Female and obtain a Male of a breedable species from a foreign game card to start MMing. Now that I have started MMing, it seems the rate at which Protean is being passed down to the offspring has dropped off majorly without the use of 2 Protean Froakie parents. I used to get 7 Protean to every 10 eggs roughly, but since using this foreign Marill, the rate dropped to 1/12 ish. Anyone know if it will make a difference again if I can somehow obtain a foreign Froakie to use instead of Marill? Is it just that HAs pass down more often if both parents have it? Regardless of everstones?

Okay guys, I've been reading around the internet, and it's my understanding that you can only breed with a Ditto to obtain a baby with a hidden ability? i.e. Breeding a Male Torchic with a Ditto for a baby with Speed Boost. Well, O really hope this isn't the case because it will now to literally impossible to breed for hidden abilities AND egg moves. What do I mean? I want a Prankster Sableye with Recover like I have in Pokemon White. I want to breed a Female Sableye with a Male Kadabra that knows Recover. This is pointless know because I'll never get a baby with Recover and Prankster. Can anyone clear this up?

Okay guys, I've been reading around the internet, and it's my understanding that you can only breed with a Ditto to obtain a baby with a hidden ability? i.e. Breeding a Male Torchic with a Ditto for a baby with Speed Boost. Well, O really hope this isn't the case because it will now to literally impossible to breed for hidden abilities AND egg moves. What do I mean? I want a Prankster Sableye with Recover like I have in Pokemon White. I want to breed a Female Sableye with a Male Kadabra that knows Recover. This is pointless know because I'll never get a baby with Recover and Prankster. Can anyone clear this up?
You've been reading wrong.

In actual fact it means that breeding a male with hidden ability with Ditto now has a chance to pass on the HA where it never was possible before. You can still use a female with a HA as normal to pass on egg moves.

As I understand it, HA Male + Ditto = HA Pokemon potential and HA Female + Male = HA Pokemon potential; this means that Egg Moves work as usual, with the exception that females can now pass them down..

You've been reading wrong.

In actual fact it means that breeding a male with hidden ability with Ditto now has a chance to pass on the HA where it never was possible before. You can still use a female with a HA as normal to pass on egg moves.
I read it directly off serebii.

As I understand it, HA Male + Ditto = HA Pokemon potential and HA Female + Male = HA Pokemon potential; this means that Egg Moves work as usual, with the exception that females can now pass them down..
I was just wondering, because serebii directly stated that HA's can only be breed through a parent and Ditto.

And I've been breeding countless Sableyes with a Female Prankster and Male with Keen eye and Recover. No Prankster with Recover yet after about 60 babies.

I read it directly off serebii.

I was just wondering, because serebii directly stated that HA's can only be breed through a parent and Ditto.

And I've been breeding countless Sableyes with a Female Prankster and Male with Keen eye and Recover. No Prankster with Recover yet after about 60 babies.
Because it's only the male + Ditto that results in HA.

Female + Ditto doesn't. Ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)