Blissey

Pass a Barrier or two (from, say, Musharna) and CM Blissey doesn't seem as bad.
Until you get phazed out or something.

Still a bad option, of course.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I am adding relevant content. There were 2 parts to my post. Also, Chansey=/=blissey. I find it isn't necro-bumping if its still a relevant thread. People haven't stopped using Blissey, I don't see any other blissey threads. Where else am I supposed to post stuff about Blissey....

nubnub
I replied to your post when there was only that first quote. And drop that "nubnub" bullshit.

Even after the turn you use Softboiled, you're at 6% less HP using Chansey than Blissey. It's not about full recovery, it's that you're worn down a lot faster by residual damage.

Really, if you're arguing this, you must be insanely underestimating the importance of Leftovers...
I'm not very big on stall (attention span of a meth lab explosion) but if Blissey and Chansey take the same hit, and Chansey will take it better, wouldn't Chansey have more HP after a Softboiled (they heal a set amount but that plus the higher amount of HP Chansey should have due to Eviolite kinda lends towards Chansey having more HP left barring weather). Going to run some calcs but it sounds that way.

Edit:Ran a calc with Volcarona's Fire Blast, Chansey takes hits about 7-ish percent better than Blissey which isn't better after Lefties, Chansey just doesn't get OHKOed occasionally by some very slim margin that Blissey doesn't have. It can take a CC from Infernape w/o a boosting nature(Naive).

I think chansey and blissey both have their merits. Blissey can actually run an attacking move thats not seismic toss, since it has a MUCH better spA than chansey. also, on sand teams/hail teams, u dont want ur own weather to be wearing down ur special wall. But chansey definitely takes physical hits better

I think chansey and blissey both have their merits. Blissey can actually run an attacking move thats not seismic toss, since it has a MUCH better spA than chansey. also, on sand teams/hail teams, u dont want ur own weather to be wearing down ur special wall. But chansey definitely takes physical hits better
Tbh the most damaging move I've seen Chansey use is Toxic.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Blissey doesn't rely on her item as much as chansesy does. Even if blissey loses her item (knock off) she's still insanely bulky. If you mispredict and switch chansey into a knock off you're screwed.

lol
Anyway, I use Blissey over Chansey right now. I actually don't run any attacking moves besides Sesimic Toss. I think the two are pretty even.

I have had bad exPeriences with pink blobs, so my new wall is the more versatile Porygon2 who has extremely high(though not as high specially as the blobs) defenses and a useful special attack with a modest nature. Granted it faces the same issues as chansey(Knock Off = death), but it can double status( potentially quadruple status with tri attack) just as good. Just for laughs, I do occasionally use a serene grace specs blissey special attacker/wall.

pink blobs

That means Ditto, right? ;)

--------------------------------
Summer...
Summer is running through the sprinklers in your t-shirt, shoes and jeans
Rolling down a grassy hill, yeah, that's what summer means to me, it's true
There's so much more to do
The days are longer
The nights are shorter
The sun is shining
It's noticeably warmer

It's summer, every single moment is worth its weight in gold
Summer, it's like the world's best story and it's waiting to be told
It's ice cream cones and cherry soda dripping down your chin
It's summer, man, where do we begin?

Summer is ponds and pools and garden hoses, tryin' to beat the heat
Summer, bicycles and roller skates and even just bare feet
It's also... Surfing tidal waves, creating nanobots
Or locating Frankenstein's brain
Finding a dodo bird, painting a continent
Or driving our sister insane
Oh, wait. Maybe we're going too fast.

Summer, it's crickets and cicadas and a glass of lemonade
Summer, it's sitting with your brother in the backyard under the shade of a big tree
That's what it means to me

The days are longer
The nights are shorter
The sun is shining
It's noticeably warmer

It's summer, every single moment is worth its weight in gold
Summer, it's like the world's best story and it's waiting to be told
It's ice cream cones and cherry soda dripping down your chin

Summer...
Where do we begin?
Summer...
Where do we begin?

I have to say Chansey should fit better on most stall teams aside from hail or sand stall of course. Leftovers is nice and all, but honestly Chansey takes those hits so much better its not even funny. I am sure after a long fought stall war, I might wish I has Blissey instead, but since the name of the game is hyper offense this gen, thats the least of my problems.

With Pokémon like Whimsicott and Genger running around, I really think that Blissey would be a better choice since it can utilize attacks like Flamethrower. Leftovers is really helpful also. Chansey just isn't that good in OU in my opinion because Ghost-types and Whimsicott just shut it down, and those Pokémon are pretty popular in the current OU metagame.

Wobbufett that can learn good support moves at all is ridiculously broken. TrollFreak will do it I just know "DUR HURR LEZ GIV WOBBUFETT SPORE AND TAUNT AND TWAVE AND TRICK AND RECOVER" Then another TrollFreak guy will say
"WOULDN'T THAT BE BROKEN?" Then TrollFreak guy #1 says
"LOLNO NUB!!!"

I use neither Chansey nor Blissey because I think they're obnoxious, but from my experience battling them Chansey has been the problem causer. Blissey can be a problem, but one can deal with Blissey. Chansey, on the other hand, unless you're pummeling her with physical fighting moves, can deal with almost anything. Blissey's only advantage is the ability to run attacking moves outside of Seismic Toss. However, when you look at Blissey's special attack and realize that Seismic Toss often does more damage except for the VERY specific threats you were targeting...

Box,

Answer to your question: Blissey should always be used in rain because there are nearly no physical Water type moves (except for Waterfall.) Exactly the opposite of what I was referring to! And besides, it's catchy!

I use neither Chansey nor Blissey because I think they're obnoxious, but from my experience battling them Chansey has been the problem causer. Blissey can be a problem, but one can deal with Blissey. Chansey, on the other hand, unless you're pummeling her with physical fighting moves, can deal with almost anything. Blissey's only advantage is the ability to run attacking moves outside of Seismic Toss. However, when you look at Blissey's special attack and realize that Seismic Toss often does more damage except for the VERY specific threats you were targeting...
Blissey has the advantage of recovery from Leftovers though. In a metagame in which most of teams are Sandstorm teams, that really makes a difference.

I still say Blissey. Lefties is so valuable, with about every team running sand. Also seismic toss doesn't cut it with 101 hp subs and sub gengars all over the place. I still say Blissey is the better choice.

I've used offensive Blissey on a Baton Pass team and had some moderate success. :3

Blissey @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Softboiled

After an Acid Armor and a few speed boosts this thing can actually sweep. Amazing coverage, takes anything but physical Fighting hits really well, can hax stuff with burn, para and freeze, and can heal off residual damage and enemy attacks with Softboiled.

BLISSEY IS BAWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)