SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

There are a lot of weird things going on with the moves. Return not being properly advertised is exactly why I mentioned it. It was on screen for one second, but why? It's not even in the game apparently, so why include it being used in a trailer?

Also, doesn't someone's Milotic have Calm Mind in their moveset? A move that Milotic has never been able to use? That's weird, almost as weird as me not realizing Milotic never had Calm Mind.

I wonder what'll happen to these moves and movesets when the game releases.
Is this true? Does Milotic really get Calm Mind now?? Holy.

I just saw it's also stated at serebii that there is a character in the game who uses calm mind milotic. Yet it does not appear that milotic can learn calm mind by TM at all? This is very odd and puzzling.

Last edited:
As some of you may know, I was softlocked for a week because of Drifloon.

Since i have both Diamond and Pearl, i pulled out a big brain. I put my pearl on thursday 18, a few hours from friday 19, did the playthrough to galaxia team, defeated them, waited some hours and it worked and I've Drifloon.

If there's someone in my situation, and doesn't have a way of finding Drifloon online, tell me and I'll give you one to help you out of this shitty softlock.

I have given up on Burmy. Vespiquen & Cherrim will be my new best friends.

Also guess I'm using Ponyta because the fire type would be really nice for all these bronzors. I was going to get one out of the underground but suddenly all the pokemon are like level 27 and this game has the SWSH catch penalty anyway so I just grabebd one on route 206.

I'm probably going to pick up Swinub as my last one but uhhh later, when I am not running into level 29 swinubs.

Also guess I'm using Ponyta because the fire type would be really nice for all these bronzors. I was going to get one out of the underground but suddenly all the pokemon are like level 27 and this game has the SWSH catch penalty anyway so I just grabebd one on route 206.

I'm probably going to pick up Swinub as my last one but uhhh later, when I am not running into level 29 swinubs.
The good news re:penalty is that either I'm the luckiest man ever or the catch rate penalty isn't a thing in the park (which has mostly level 70s so thank goodness?). It does feel like the Underground has the penalty though, yes.

The good news re:penalty is that either I'm the luckiest man ever or the catch rate penalty isn't a thing in the park (which has mostly level 70s so thank goodness?). It does feel like the Underground has the penalty though, yes.
The Penalty in SWSH is removed when you collect all the gym badges (or maybe beat Leon? cant remember) I believe.

It has the WHAT!?

How does it even work? I thought Under levels scaled on badges!

The Penalty in SWSH is removed when you collect all the gym badges (or maybe beat Leon? cant remember) I believe.
Really? Interesting, that would explain it then.

Yeah, catching Pokemon in the Underground right after a gym badge is usually rough if you aren't really overleveled. They seem to be based on what level they expect you to be at for the next gym. Gyms 2 and 3 have a huge gap so yeeeeaaaaahhhh....

It has the WHAT!?

1 badge earned16-20
2 badges earned25-29
3 badges earned29-33
4 badges earned33-37
5 badges earned36-40
6 badges earned39-43
7 badges earned42-46
8 badges earned50-55
Elite Four Defeated58-63

You can do the mental math on how this shakes out

I actually noticed it before Gardenia when I tried to catch a couple level 20 mons and saw that they were just instantly breaking out. But I also thought it woudl stick around the early 20s for longer...oops!

It does... but by scaling to a level way higher than the ones from the last Gym Leader. Imagine beating Gardenia's Level 22 Roserade, wanting to catch something in the Underground and then BAM! Level 29 Wild Pokémon.

At the same time, though, if you know your matchups, it's the best leveling spot in the game.

Hey I'm seeing Gliscor getting Toxic Spikes on Serebii's list, but it's not on the learnset pastes. Can anyone verify this in-game? I don't have a Gliscor yet

1 badge earned16-20
2 badges earned25-29
3 badges earned29-33
4 badges earned33-37
5 badges earned36-40
6 badges earned39-43
7 badges earned42-46
8 badges earned50-55
Elite Four Defeated58-63

I actually noticed it before Gardenia when I tried to catch a couple level 20 mons and saw that they were just instantly breaking out. But I also thought it woudl stick around the early 20s for longer...oops!
This is so weird... especially since there's a jump between 1 and 2 gym badges, when most others are 'connected' (going from 25-29, 29-33 etc). If these level ranges were moved one Gym Badge forwards each and the 2 badges levels were 20-24, this would probably be fine! If it weren't for the 8 badges range I'd suspect this was a mistake, but this is just how it is I guess

This is so weird... especially since there's a jump between 1 and 2 gym badges, when most others are 'connected' (going from 25-29, 29-33 etc). If these level ranges were moved one Gym Badge forwards each and the 2 badges levels were 20-24, this would probably be fine! If it weren't for the 8 badges range I'd suspect this was a mistake, but this is just how it is I guess
Like Jinrou pointed out, it's probably because there's a huge gap between fighting Gardenia & fighting Maylene compared with Maylene & Wake, Wake & Fantina, etc etc

1 badge earned16-20
2 badges earned25-29
3 badges earned29-33
4 badges earned33-37
5 badges earned36-40
6 badges earned39-43
7 badges earned42-46
8 badges earned50-55
Elite Four Defeated58-63

I'm taking my time with battling Gardenia, to catch Underground pokémon before the level hike (actually i'm stuck trying to get a Timid synchronizer).

Also, I am going for Alternate Intro encounters, so that the pokémon have at least 2 beneficial perfect IVs. I really wish there was a way to affect or control the rate of them, since they're more of a time sink than hunting for Brilliant pokémon in SwSh.

Yeah there's a few trainers with illegal moves in the game. There's also a Mr. Mime with Power Whip and a Banette with Shadow Force
Oh wow. Does this mean the game is glitched? Milotic with calm mind is pretty darn awesome though..should have gotten it long ago imo.

With the new "Surf on land -> Shaymin" glitch that was found yesterday, can anyone confirm or deny if it's possible to do in v1.0.0? This way it will theoretically remain permanently accessible even if later patched out. (I know there was something about "Oak's Letter isn't fully programmed in yet" but I don't know if that extends to what is essentially a "go directly to Seabreak Path" wrong movement glitch.)

With the new "Surf on land -> Shaymin" glitch that was found yesterday, can anyone confirm or deny if it's possible to do in v1.0.0? This way it will theoretically remain permanently accessible even if later patched out. (I know there was something about "Oak's Letter isn't fully programmed in yet" but I don't know if that extends to what is essentially a "go directly to Seabreak Path" wrong movement glitch.)
I don't think the event was really "there", like you couldn't activate it or force it or do anything with it. I don't think the pokemon were actually there, just sort of the uhhh, scaffolding, I guess. Like the dialog there, the flags pointing to it are there, the slots for the encounter were there, but nothing else to really "put it together" without hacking.

I just used EQ on a Tentacruel and it didn’t display SE on the move selection nor did it say Super Effective upon use? Am I missing something here

I don't think I've seen a general summary of how the movepools are constructed, besides a few tidbits here and there, so I would like to ask about any general patterns that were found. My understanding is that the egg moves are completely copied from Gen 7 for all Pokemon, including those that were in Sword and Shield, but the rest of the learnsets (levelup and TMs) were copy-pasted from Sword and Shield where applicable, with moves that were TM-only in Sword/Shield but not TMs in BDSP just unavailable to the respective Pokemon. Is this understanding correct, and if so, are there any notable exceptions to the rule?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)