Brokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a great patch from simsims2800, which implements Cross Poison, Crush Claw, and Dazzling Gleam. I got "NO POKEMAN. You are going to lose privileges again. Get off of it NOW" message for some reason after merging the pull request (automatic GitHub confirmation), but I assume it's just overzealous auto-responder. It actually made me laugh for a while, so it's not that bad. Thanks for helping, your contribution is really helpful.

Anyway, the development is halted for a while (my last commit was six days ago). I believe I should explain why. Currently, I have lots of work in school, as well as I deal with a security issue in a way more important project (with 10k users or so). I probably will continue writing in Saturday, when the issues will be hopefully dealt with. This is real life.
You're welcome. Also, that's my fault, someone doesn't like me being on this stuff lol don't email me again

I've got a lot of time on my hands, so I'll try and help script this. Question: Does defog still lower evasion and remove light scree, reflect, safeguard, mist?

I got a great patch from simsims2800, which implements Cross Poison, Crush Claw, and Dazzling Gleam. I got "NO POKEMAN. You are going to lose privileges again. Get off of it NOW" message for some reason after merging the pull request (automatic GitHub confirmation), but I assume it's just overzealous auto-responder. It actually made me laugh for a while, so it's not that bad. Thanks for helping, your contribution is really helpful.

Anyway, the development is halted for a while (my last commit was six days ago). I believe I should explain why. Currently, I have lots of work in school, as well as I deal with a security issue in a way more important project (with 10k users or so). I probably will continue writing in Saturday, when the issues will be hopefully dealt with. This is real life.
For some reason, I can't help you patch anymore. This is probably because I forked the thing to my GitHub, but it is outdated. Can you try to merge your changes into mine?

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
This metagame interests me, but I have a suggestion: Ice-types should have their Defense, not Special Defense, increased by 1.5X in the hail. Rock-types receive a 1.5X Special Defense boost in Sand because most of them have a mediocre base SDef stat. In the same vein, Ice-types generally have good Special Defense and low base Defense, so hail should patch up the weakness in Def.

Here are a few other mechanic changes that I made in my hypothetical metagame that you may want to consider:

Status moves used on a defending Pokemon with an immunity to the move's Type will fail.

If a Pokemon normally stays above the ground due to Levitate or a Flying typing, and is forced by the opponent to land on the ground by the effect of a move (such as Gravity and Smack Down), it takes damage from Spikes and gets poisoned by Toxic Spikes. If that Pokemon is a Poison-type, Toxic Spikes disappear.

If a Pokemon succeeds in knocking out another Pokemon with a recharge move (Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Roar of Time, etc.), it can switch out immediately afterward.

This metagame interests me, but I have a suggestion: Ice-types should have their Defense, not Special Defense, increased by 1.5X in the hail. Rock-types receive a 1.5X Special Defense boost in Sand because most of them have a mediocre base SDef stat. In the same vein, Ice-types generally have good Special Defense and low base Defense, so hail should patch up the weakness in Def.

Here are a few other mechanic changes that I made in my hypothetical metagame that you may want to consider:

Status moves used on a defending Pokemon with an immunity to the move's Type will fail.

If a Pokemon normally stays above the ground due to Levitate or a Flying typing, and is forced by the opponent to land on the ground by the effect of a move (such as Gravity and Smack Down), it takes damage from Spikes and gets poisoned by Toxic Spikes. If that Pokemon is a Poison-type, Toxic Spikes disappear.

If a Pokemon succeeds in knocking out another Pokemon with a recharge move (Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Roar of Time, etc.), it can switch out immediately afterward.
I like these ideas especially the ice type one, buff all the avaluggs!!!!!!!

I like these ideas especially the ice type one, buff all the avaluggs!!!!!!!
I think I'm going to do the Ice-type one. (YOU CAN'T SLUG THE 'LUGG)

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Also, I meant to ask: is there any reason that the BST of Eeveelutions only increased by 30 points to 555? The boost that they received is much smaller than most other Pokes, and as it is, they'd be fairly worthless in the meta.

I mean it is kind of hard to make every pokemon completly broken and while I think some pokemon need more of a buff (I'm looking at you seismitoad) but yeah maybe IF THIS GETS PROGRAMMED we can stop the theorymon and see how the meta works out

Dude, be patient, coding takes a really fricking long time, especially when they have to modify 90% of the Pokemon and a good portion of the moves and Abilities in the entire franchise.

I mean it is kind of hard to make every pokemon completly broken and while I think some pokemon need more of a buff (I'm looking at you seismitoad) but yeah maybe IF THIS GETS PROGRAMMED we can stop the theorymon and see how the meta works out
Dude, be patient, coding takes a really fricking long time, especially when they have to modify 90% of the Pokemon and a good portion of the moves and Abilities in the entire franchise.
We're trying, but I've hit a technical bump in the system, that being that somehow I can't modify xfix's changes anymore.

YOU WANT POWER ILL SHOW YOU POWER
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 417-492 (122.2 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Flash Fire Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 627-738 (183.8 - 216.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 516-608 (151.3 - 178.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (THIS IS A SE SHADOW BALL)
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Helping Hand Overheat vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Dry Skin Paras in Sun: 7136836-8396284 (64880327.2 - 76329854.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
STEP UP

That's actually the easiest part, so I'm not worried about this. When everything else will be implemented, changing Pokémon is matter of writing a small script that would parse every single Pokémon change. I don't want to do it right now, however, because Showdown may get confused about abilities that don't exist (yet).

For some reason, I can't help you patch anymore. This is probably because I forked the thing to my GitHub, but it is outdated. Can you try to merge your changes into mine?
Nothing to worry about. You can still use this outdated repostiory to make changes, but if you are concerned about this, you can remove the repository, and re-fork it again. It's also possible to merge the changes, however this is probably too complex, and would require git client to be installed.

I submitted a pull request, so maybe it's waiting on that to be accepted/denied? (I don't know anything about GitHub.)
What is your user name on GitHub? I haven't got any pull request on my repository.

Anyway, some of you are probably wondering about progress. I will be honest here, I didn't do much in this week (I blame it on school and four security issues in fish shell). However, I did some stuff, like implementing Incubate (yeah, I admit, it's simple copy of Dry Skin, but still). The screenshot, just in case you prefer images (it also shows me at work, lol). It's somewhat silly to be hurt twice because of the weather (Hail deals damage to non-Ice type Pokémon anyway), but that's how it works anyway.

[DEBUG] natural immunity.

Attachments

That's actually the easiest part, so I'm not worried about this. When everything else will be implemented, changing Pokémon is matter of writing a small script that would parse every single Pokémon change. I don't want to do it right now, however, because Showdown may get confused about abilities that don't exist (yet).

Nothing to worry about. You can still use this outdated repostiory to make changes, but if you are concerned about this, you can remove the repository, and re-fork it again. It's also possible to merge the changes, however this is probably too complex, and would require git client to be installed.

What is your user name on GitHub? I haven't got any pull request on my repository.

Anyway, some of you are probably wondering about progress. I will be honest here, I didn't do much in this week (I blame it on school and four security issues in fish shell). However, I did some stuff, like implementing Incubate (yeah, I admit, it's simple copy of Dry Skin, but still). The screenshot, just in case you prefer images (it also shows me at work, lol). It's somewhat silly to be hurt twice because of the weather (Hail deals damage to non-Ice type Pokémon anyway), but that's how it works anyway.

That's what happens in Debug Mode with Ghost-types.

Edit: Still can't change the file, unfortunately.

Last edited:
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Helping Hand Overheat vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Dry Skin Paras in Sun: 7136836-8396284 (64880327.2 - 76329854.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
STEP UP
Challenge accepted:

+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Helping Hand Overheat vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Dry Skin Paras in Sun on a critical hit: 9969784-11729160 (83081533.3 - 97743000%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)