Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this happened in a ladder match earlier
View attachment 103277
Last i checked, he should be choiced into Leech Seed
When Shaymin got Tricked, it wasn't choice-locked into a move yet. If Gothitelle had moved first and Tricked Shaymin before it moved, then yes, Shaymin would be choice-locked into Leech Seed, but since Shaymin moved first, it was possible for it to choose another move to be locked into.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
I’m not entirely sure if this is a bug, but it stuck out as odd to me.
In this replay, at turn 27, his Wartortle started using surf on clefairy. It did roughly around the same amount of damage each time (30-32%) except on turn 30. On that turn it did 51%. That wasn’t a crit. A crit range would be about 60-64%. It just randomly did 20% more. Idk if it’s some weird gen 3 mechanic or something, just stuck out as odd to me.

Edit: I’m an idiot

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
I’m not entirely sure if this is a bug, but it stuck out as odd to me.
In this replay, at turn 27, his Wartortle started using surf on clefairy. It did roughly around the same amount of damage each time (30-32%) except on turn 30. On that turn it did 51%. That wasn’t a crit. A crit range would be about 60-64%. It just randomly did 20% more. Idk if it’s some weird gen 3 mechanic or something, just stuck out as odd to me.
Torrent

Landorus was not at -1 for those Earthquakes, since it switched in on turn 1 instead of being exposed to lead Intimidate. The calculator assumes that if the opponent has Intimidate, your attack modifier should be -1 by default, but in this case that isn't a correct assumption.

Landorus was not at -1 for those Earthquakes, since it switched in on turn 1 instead of being exposed to lead Intimidate. The calculator assumes that if the opponent has Intimidate, your attack modifier should be -1 by default, but in this case that isn't a correct assumption.
note that if you do on the calculator these damage tests and change from doubles to singles you will get the damage that the Arcanine took on match, even on the calculator the landorus with neutral attack

note that if you do on the calculator these damage tests and change from doubles to singles you will get the damage that the Arcanine took on match, even on the calculator the landorus with neutral attack
What SadisticMystic is trying to say is that in your battles, both Lando-T and Tyranitar weren't affected by Arcanine's Intimidate, which you included in your calcs. For a Doubles format, you should get the calcs below, which nicely match the resulting damage in both of your battles:

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 64-76 (32.4 - 38.5%) -- 96.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 126-150 (63.9 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 90-108 (45.6 - 54.8%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 78-94 (39.5 - 47.7%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Hello, I don't know if this is a bug but when I use Huntail in Gen 7 UU and I want to select Coil I can't do it. And it's weird because that's a move that Huntail learns by level.

reclamo.png

Hello!

I'd like to report a bug I stumbled upon while battling in Monotype.

When my Drampa - with Berserk - was facing a Nidoking, it got hit by it's Ice Beam, lost more than half of it's HP (64.4%), but the ability did not activate.

Turn 10!
The opposing Nidoking used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Drampa lost 64.4% of its health!
Drampa used Hyper Voice!
The opposing Nidoking lost 33% of its health!
Drampa restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-710917901

Thanks in advance for either the help, or the enlightenment, or both!
Thanks!

Hello!

I'd like to report a bug I stumbled upon while battling in Monotype.

When my Drampa - with Berserk - was facing a Nidoking, it got hit by it's Ice Beam, lost more than half of it's HP (64.4%), but the ability did not activate.

Turn 10!
The opposing Nidoking used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Drampa lost 64.4% of its health!
Drampa used Hyper Voice!
The opposing Nidoking lost 33% of its health!
Drampa restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-710917901

Thanks in advance for either the help, or the enlightenment, or both!
Thanks!
Sheer force boosted moves prevent Berserk from being activated.

View attachment 103738
Hello. There's a specific bug with 1v1. Z-Moves that can increase evasion make it past the team builder, despite the format's strict rules on evasion-boosting/accuracy-dropping moves. Not that it's potentially game-breaking, it can just affect the format negatively if it catches on without notice.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-711116565
Not a bug, this is intended behavior. Z-evasion is no longer banned anywhere except for monotype, and was never intended to be banned anywhere else in the first place.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
View attachment 103738
Hello. There's a specific bug with 1v1. Z-Moves that can increase evasion make it past the team builder, despite the format's strict rules on evasion-boosting/accuracy-dropping moves. Not that it's potentially game-breaking, it can just affect the format negatively if it catches on without notice.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-711116565
As stated in the 1v1 thread's OP the evasion clause used is strictly Double Team and Minimize.

e: rip sniped

I'm sorry, I'm on a computer that I can't screenshot on right now, but the bug is pretty self explanatory. I was just playing Gen 7 Battle Factory on ladder and I got a Raichu-Alola in PU. The set was Nasty Plot Fightinium Z, but the item it was holding was "fightiniumz" instead of "Fightinium Z". There was no option to use the zmove. I assume the item was just entered incorrectly, so it shouldn't be hard to fix.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlefactory-711369459

Battle Factory is throwing out some very strange teams and sets. My opponent and I both have mixed tier monotype teams. Previous games (replays available if necessary) have seen Rockniumz Barbaracle (similar to above post) and a totally unviable defensive Intimidate Staraptor.
The Rockinium-Z one is a bug and should be fixed shortly but defensive Intimidate Staraptor is a legit set on Monotype Normal teams. So they aren't mixed tier Monotype, they are full-fledged normal Monotype teams.
I'm sorry, I'm on a computer that I can't screenshot on right now, but the bug is pretty self explanatory. I was just playing Gen 7 Battle Factory on ladder and I got a Raichu-Alola in PU. The set was Nasty Plot Fightinium Z, but the item it was holding was "fightiniumz" instead of "Fightinium Z". There was no option to use the zmove. I assume the item was just entered incorrectly, so it shouldn't be hard to fix.
Will also get fixed

The Rockinium-Z one is a bug and should be fixed shortly but defensive Intimidate Staraptor is a legit set on Monotype Normal teams. So they aren't mixed tier Monotype, they are full-fledged normal Monotype teams
Thanks - didn't realise at the time that they were both Monotype teams because my opponent's team looked like a mostly viable OU team. Didn't occur to me that Monotype teams would be included now it's an official tier (does this also means no PU teams?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)