Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thunder Wave speed reduction apparently worked incorrectly in a Doubles Match.
Sorry but I didn't record the game. I'll try to explain it as clearly as possible.
We were both down to our last two mons.

OPPONENT: Garchomp/Tyranitar
Me: Thundurus/Latios

*All Pokemon were unboosted
*Tyranitar had CHOICE SCARF as a held item. I knew this because it outran Garchomp on a previous turn. He was locked onto Crunch.
*Thundurus had a substitute up.

My moves were:
THUNDURUS / Thunder Wave@Tyranitar
LATIOS / Draco Meteor@Garchomp

The turn went as follows:
-Thundurus (Prankster) Thunder Wave onto Tyranitar. It hits, paralyzes TTar.
-Tyranitar CRUNCH ONTO LATIOS. Latios faints.
-Garchomp Dragon Claw onto Thundurus. Breaks sub.

Now, unless I am missing something, Thunder Wave should have halved Tyranitar's speed, sort of nullifying Choice Scarf's speed boost.
I'm quite sure speed modifiers alter current turn order. If a pokemon is slowed in the current turn before he moves, turn order should change.
Latios SHOULD have moved first. However, his paralyzed TTar managed to somehow outspeed my Modest Latios w/252 Spe EVs.
The other person was surprised as well, and told me it was probably because turn order is set before speed reductions in the turn. I'm quite sure this is false.
I'm sorry if that's the way turn order is ment to occur, I'm quite new to competitive battles.
Was this a bug?
move order is decided at the start of the turn, barring very few exceptions. being paralysed during the turn doesn't affect move order for that turn.

So I just played a random battle and encountered some bug with baton pass.
After I used baton pass AND chose a pokemon, I switched to another tab to wait for the opponent to choose what to do. When I came back after a while it told me I lost because of inactivity and the moment after the rating stuff came I switched out to the pokemon I wanted to switch out to.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle-19382860 - skip to turn 33

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
After the new interface update you can't seem to cancel after pressing the search battle button.

On the new version I disconnect every time I open the settings/options menu. The chat freezes and battles don't work, but I can still navigate through everything else. I tried some things like switching browsers and turning lobby chat off but the same thing happened every time

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
On the new version I disconnect every time I open the settings/options menu. The chat freezes and battles don't work, but I can still navigate through everything else. I tried some things like switching browsers and turning lobby chat off but the same thing happened every time
This same thing happened to me. I know that showdown itself IS working since I have friends that have been battling. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have a Mac?

So, small bug from the new format. Unless this is desired behavior, it should say UU not ubers teams (My UU teams are in format. As in they say [uu] before team name.)
Just showed all my teams.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
So, small bug from the new format. Unless this is desired behavior, it should say UU not ubers teams (My UU teams are in format. As in they say [uu] before team name.)
Just showed all my teams.
Fixed.

In the new version, if I set my IV to 0 (by literally typing in 0) it replaces it with 1. I can only get a 0 IV by erasing the full thing and leaving the box blank. (or putting 0 in the import it seems)

phantom

Banned deucer.
My opponent is suddently switching to another user in this match. J.C. Crazy claims that is not the same as pokemon ef 2. Is this intentional or a bug?
When your opponent leaves the match, someone else can step in and play for them. This isn't a bug. It's just like that. I suppose it's also possible for the same user to leave the match, change his name, and rejoin, though it is a bit weird.

OK, since Pokemon showdown updated, I can't play Pokemon Showdown. I see a screen with lobby, choose name, and the backround. I don't see the chat, the battles, and I can't battle. :( Is this just me?

Teambuilder minor

There is a bug with the teambuilder.

When you type a full pokemon's name that is partial to another pokemon's name (ie. porygon is partial to porygon2), and try to click on the pokemon with the other pokemon's name within it, in the teambuilder you will instead end up with the pokemon's name that is partial to the other's.

Here are some examples...

-In order to place Porygon2 in your teambuilder, you type in "Porygon". When the list of pokemon that are recognized to have the text in their name appears, and you click on Porygon2, Porygon shows up in the teambuilder instead of Porygon2.

-You want to search for Kadabra, and type into the teambuilder "Abra". When you click on Kadabra, you end up with Abra in your teambuilder.

-You search for Giratina-Origin by typing in "Giratina". When you click on Giratina-O in the teambuilder, you end up with plain Giratina.

Some other pokemon that this bug affects are: Keldeo and Keldeo-R, Porygon and Porygon-Z, the Kami trio and their Therian Formes, Shaymin and Shaymin-S, Arceus and all its other forms, Deoxys and its other forms, and Kyurem and Kyurem-W/Kyurem-B.

crash?

i just got "Unknown command: message Attempting to recover from crash." in a battle, and then couldn't do anything, according to the other person, it was showing a "blank pokemon" on their side

if it helps: this happened right after my zoroark was ko'd, wish i could provide more info
username is registered as gentlecolts, same as for this forum

Edit:
also, browser was firefox

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
In the new version, if I set my IV to 0 (by literally typing in 0) it replaces it with 1. I can only get a 0 IV by erasing the full thing and leaving the box blank. (or putting 0 in the import it seems)
Fixed.

There is a bug with the teambuilder.

When you type a full pokemon's name that is partial to another pokemon's name (ie. porygon is partial to porygon2), and try to click on the pokemon with the other pokemon's name within it, in the teambuilder you will instead end up with the pokemon's name that is partial to the other's.

Here are some examples...

-In order to place Porygon2 in your teambuilder, you type in "Porygon". When the list of pokemon that are recognized to have the text in their name appears, and you click on Porygon2, Porygon shows up in the teambuilder instead of Porygon2.

-You want to search for Kadabra, and type into the teambuilder "Abra". When you click on Kadabra, you end up with Abra in your teambuilder.

-You search for Giratina-Origin by typing in "Giratina". When you click on Giratina-O in the teambuilder, you end up with plain Giratina.

Some other pokemon that this bug affects are: Keldeo and Keldeo-R, Porygon and Porygon-Z, the Kami trio and their Therian Formes, Shaymin and Shaymin-S, Arceus and all its other forms, Deoxys and its other forms, and Kyurem and Kyurem-W/Kyurem-B.
Fixed.

In double battles, I often am unable to see boosts when there are many on a Pokemon because they're covered by the other Pokemon's name.

I think there's something wrong with the ladder point system. On an alt of mine, i had a rating of around 1940, but after a subsequent loss, the ladder stated that my rating change from 1696 - 1656 (-40). I unfortunately have no proof of this seeing as how I don't screenshot my rating everytime it chnages. Regardless, is it possible that a bug in the ladder can cause something like this? It can't be decay because this occurred on my 3rd battle of the day.

I lost a few minutes ago due to time. Here is the scenario

I clicked to take my turn, and it said waiting on opponent. About a minute went by, and the opponent hit the timer button. However as the time went by it said that I had xx seconds left.

I tried everything that I could but I couldn't move on and take my turn, so I lost due to time because of this.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mold Breaker doesn't seem to break through unaware like its supposed to, as my +2 Fraxure was only able to manage 37% against a Quagsire. I checked bulbapedia and veekun and Mold Breaker is in fact supposed to go through unaware, so that should dispell any confusion over which one cancels out which. This almost cost me the match without those crits lol :(.

Log of the event: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-20709072

Bulbapedia on Mold Breaker said:
Mold Breaker nullifies the following Abilities (even if they would end up boosting the power of the Mold Breaker Pokémon's move): Battle Armor, Clear Body, Damp, Dry Skin, Filter, Flash Fire, Flower Gift, Heatproof, Hyper Cutter, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Lightningrod, Limber, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Oblivious, Own Tempo, Sand Veil, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Simple, Snow Cloak, Solid Rock, Soundproof, Sticky Hold, Storm Drain, Sturdy, Suction Cups, Tangled Feet, Thick Fat, Unaware, Vital Spirit, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Water Veil, White Smoke, and Wonder Guard.
Veekun on Mold Breaker said:
For example, this Pokémon's moves ignore abilities that would fully negate them, such as Water Absorb; abilities that would prevent any of their effects, such as Clear Body, Shell Armor, or Sticky Hold; and abilities that grant any general protective benefit, such as Simple, Snow Cloak, or Thick Fat. If an ability could either hinder or help this Pokémon's moves, e.g. Dry Skin or Unaware, the ability is ignored either way.
Link to bulbapedia for confirmation: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mold_Breaker_(Ability)

Link to veekun for confirmation:
http://veekun.com/dex/abilities/mold breaker

EDIT: just realized this bug has been reported quite a bit, and its on the known bugs list (sorry for not reading that first x_x) why hasnt it been fixed yet? :/. Is it harder to fix than expected or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)